PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it still about the music

BesideUAlways
07-24-1999, 06:16 AM
While I was lurking through the various posts..I saw someone mention something about how they hope that Garth isn't making a big mistake with this Chris Gaines thing.<P>Yesterday morning the gossip guy from Music Row had lots to say on that subject..like Garth really is cutting his country ties.<P>This brings me to a warm place in my heart, where I start to think about what this is REALLY all about. The "CORE" Garth fans don't really care what "label" the music has...country...rock...trash. That's not what really matters....its the music itself and the message in the music...just listen.<P>Second, I have to go back to what I find myself saying all the time about Garth. This is not a cash crabbing scheme...lets get real here. Garth is setting new challenges for himself, and going for it....how's he ever gonna know if he doesn't dare to try?<P>I reflect back now to something a very close friend said to me not that long ago. She said, "I look forward to when Garth is not the people drawing magnet he is now, and he starts playing in smaller venues, and its just him and us". I had never thought about that before...but I know that regardles of what Garth does I will be BesideHIMAlways!!<P>In my heart of hearts I want this to be a success for him, why? Because this is what he wants, this is what he dreams of. He has made my dreams come true...let this one be for him!!N

Eternity4U
07-24-1999, 06:25 AM
Beautiful words . I agree with you whole heartedly on this one.<P>He will set the standard for artists to come. In that he shall break the boundaries in (artists) crossing over. He will set records with this style and innovation.<P>He is after all GARTH .. <BR>yippe to chris gaines loving every minute of this( can you tell ?) :-) haha<P>Diana ElizabethN

eric
07-24-1999, 09:23 AM
Good point. I agree to the fullest. <P>Like you said, we like Garth for who he is (and his music). Even though he wont be doing any of his own music for a while, itll be fun to see him as chris gaines. Even if it flops he'll have my vote any day.<P><BR>BRIANN

BigGfan4life
07-24-1999, 10:14 AM
I totally agree with you :) This is all about the music, and his true fans will always believe in him and stick by him :DN

CaptMorgan
07-24-1999, 12:31 PM
BesideUAlways:<P>Very well said!<BR>Welcome to PG forums. Visit often and post lots. :D<P>Catch y'all around the next bend...<BR>N

Pilgrim
07-24-1999, 03:14 PM
Ditto :D<P>BrianN

csyl29
07-24-1999, 04:38 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. It has always been about the music for me. I don't care what stations play it as long as I can hear it. I think Music Row is trying to put Garth down the way they put Shania down. <P>Chris<P>P.S. Welcome.<BR>N

JulieLvsGB
07-24-1999, 05:48 PM
Nicely said! I agree with you totally!<P> :) Welcome to PG! :)<P>JulieN

honky
07-26-1999, 12:04 AM
<B>BesideUAlways</B>,<P><I>BRAVO</I> :D NICELY SAID!! <P>Yes, it's the music that we care for, not the label....<P>TommyN

phillygirl4garth
07-26-1999, 02:57 PM
I'm on my feet clapping at your words. Couldn't have said it better.<P>DeniseN

Deafcowboy
07-26-1999, 04:52 PM
<B>Hey</B><P>Garth is just a human being, and all the humans got dreams.<P>There's only <B>one</B> person on this whole world, that didn't even have dreams, and that was <B>Jesus</B><P>Deafcowboy<P>N