PDA

View Full Version : Teammates Grant

Paula
10-22-2002, 07:41 PM
This was in today's Garthbox...thanks Ziggy.

Grant writing down to an art

By: Phil Brown, Staff Writer
October 21, 2002

Enid teacher's skill benefits students, others.

Thanks to Gretchen Lade and her students at Enid High School, hundreds of hospitalized children throughout the world, as well as hundreds of U.S. veterans, have received greeting cards made by her art class.

Lade teaches art, math and English to disabled students at EHS. And, as it is with many classrooms, there never seems to be enough money available to do the really special projects that benefit both students and people outside the school.

But the lack of funds has not been much of a deterrent to Lade and her class. In just a short time, she has obtained more than $7,000 in cash and equipment through grants she has written, along with a fundraiser she conducted with the help of Enid High School Alumni Association.

*clipped*

Her largest single cash grant came from the Garth Brooks Foundation. It was for $2,000.

More: >Click here< (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=5776912&BRD=175&PAG=461&dept_id=414652&rfi=6)

Paula

diem nash
10-23-2002, 04:24 AM
How very cool!

Great to see where it goes to.

Thanks for sharing, Paula!

:)

Maddy :D

GBronx
10-23-2002, 09:52 AM
Paula, I saw that on the Garthbox. I thought there would be a bunch of postings here!!! LOL Thanks for sharing!!!

Tony Arata
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away!

Garthmedic
10-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Too cool. :cool:

--spud--:)

fuzzwuzz
10-24-2002, 01:58 AM
So, again. I want to be clear about this: Teammates for Kids and The Garth Brooks Foundation are actually the same organization?

ProducerJ
10-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Yes.
If you go to http://teammatesforkids.com you can see the logo.

J.

fuzzwuzz
10-24-2002, 11:44 PM
Thanks Joyce. The link is not coming up for me and I'll be sure to try again later and finally get it in my head these are the same. :)