PDA

View Full Version : Recent article on "Garth"?

Hawk7lte
10-17-2002, 10:43 PM
There is a recent article in the tabloids on Garth (or so the writer says the article is about - doesn't sound like anyone I ever knew)

Oh, foolish, foolish me - I got caught by the headline which was a misquote of something Sandy once said about Garth - now attributed to Trish too.

So I read the article thinking they might have gotten the women's identities, quotes, confused somehow - seem to do that at times - oh, foolish, foolish me. What an attempt to malign the man. What has to be done to make tabloids leave him and his relationships alone? The tone of the writer is deliberate contempt and pure mean spiritness!

Stirs up all kinds of past troubles and adds some real misinformation. And the picture of Garth and his mom - geeze is there no limit....is nothing sacred anymore?

I am furious, I admit it. And I don't get that angry that often.

I do think Garth and Trish will eventually part ways - but that has to do with incompatibilities of personalities, life preferences, life patterns, and life circumstances of both. I also think they'll be better apart. So what? That doesn't mean there was or is anything wrong with either person. It doesn't mean it ever did or does have anything to do with past relationships. Sandy and Garth didn't fit in ways; Trish and Garth don't either in ways. Maybe Bob and Trish didn't fit either. So what?

But I say - let these people work it out for themselves. Leave them alone. They have to make their choices and work things through for themselves. I know I have wished that others had left me alone before - to find out things, to work things through for myself. I also wish I'd been given information and choices before too. So, though I may not agree with others choices at times I will fight for people's rights to choose.

There sure isn't anything positive that will come out of that article.

So don't be like this foolish one - and get caught by a headline.
Save yourself grief - skip the article - if you so choose. But if you do choose to read, think about choosing to disbelieve.

Hawk

Garthmedic
10-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Hi Hawk!

Great to see you! I never read those magazines. Total trash! Thanks for the heads-up!

--spud--:)

GBJR77
10-18-2002, 12:09 AM
don't be like this foolish one - and get caught by a headline.
Save yourself grief - skip the article - if you so choose. But if you do choose to read, think about choosing to disbelieve.

Hawk [/B][/QUOTE]

aah, my sentiments exactly on the state of the PG forums recently...thanks for summing that up so well....

GOD BLESS

G

Skywise
10-18-2002, 12:24 AM
hawk- what was the magazine named? ws it current as in I need to go out and get it, for my garth tabloid collection?

Cheryl
10-18-2002, 01:01 AM
I saw the headline the other day....just rolled my eyes and walked right on by. I'm with spud - I never read the rags either. Not even while standing in line. They just aren't worth the energy that it would take to pick one up....and besides, holding all that bull never did appeal to me! :)

Hawk7lte
10-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Hi all -

This article beats all past articles. Hmmmm - wish I had the same opportunity to beat something. Venting here ya' know?

Skywise; what a unique collection -

Current issue I'm talking about. Just saw it today. Didn't look at the name of the tabloid. Picture of G on the cover. Someone said - "hey, lookie there" And I did. Choosing I guess to decompensate to being this pushover part of the person that I am at times. (Grrrrrr self, I say to me at those times)

Quick read of the article (wouldn't pay money for that junk)

Current "information" in the article? Referred to past marriages, past articles, present problems with "personality quirks". (Sky, you might have a copy of the article they alluded to at one part) Who knows if current, or true - and who should know if it's current or true at all? Parts of the past, parts of the present, little bit of truth...lots of trash. Partially truth - partially fiction -twisted reality.

Two parts I didn't like especially. 1) Picture of Garth and his Mom
2) Misrepresentation of how Garth represents himself.

No perfect people in this world; Garth has said that about himself, I've said that about myself. No perfect choices at times either.

Tabloids, ICK. What people will do to make money I guess. Isn't that what reality shows are all about too?

Don't like them either.

Hawk

Carol Ann
10-18-2002, 08:26 AM
Hawk,

I know that nobody wants to rehash the same debate again and again about the relationship between Garth and Trisha but I cannot let your comment about how they won't stay together pass without saying anything. I disagree with you because I think their personalities are very compatible and their values, morals and life expectations are totally in sync with each other. If there was any problem, it would be that they are too much alike and even with that I don't believe it's an issue. All a person has to do is look at the two of them together any time we have seen them recently since their relationship has gone public to know that there isn't any place in the world they'd rather be than with each other. I also believe that neither one of them would have entered into this relationship lightly because there is a risk if this didn't work out that they could loose everthing and I think the one thing we all agree on is that they have a friendship that is very, very important to both of them. I've read the rag mag article you are referring to and it is very negative towards Garth but I take what those magazines say with a grain of salt because we all know they'll do or say anything to sell their magazines.

Carol Ann

Crackers
10-18-2002, 11:49 AM
I thought the picture of Garth and his mom was very sweet. (I didn't realize she was so short.) It just looked like a boy who loved his mom to me.

Hawk7lte
10-18-2002, 01:51 PM
The point of using the picture was to emphasize that Garth was too close to his mother - and that's what he wants now, "a mother".

To use the picture in that context is a emotional misuse of something sacred (to me). An attempt to use an extremely important, close, loving relationship to injure someone (Garth). It is an attempt to hit him on one of the deepest emotional levels, and I object to that - strongly! It is the worst example of a misuse of journalism that I can think of.

This thread isn't intended to discuss Garth and Trish or their relationship. I stated my opinion because it was directly related to what the article was arguing. It would be a dishonor, and dishonest to not state my position. It would also be morally wrong to let people think I support something I don't. I think the relationship has, and will hurt them both (and others) in the short, and long range. The only point of the article that I agree with is - the relationship won't last over the long haul. I also believe that they will, and should remain friends no matter what. Any of you are entitled (of course) to your own opinions. So I honor your position and your right to state it; it's only the tiniest - least significant point of this thread. I prefer that it not continue to be discussed too, especially in this thread.

I AM OBJECTING to printed material with pictures USED AND INTENDED to harm someone(s) for sensationlism, money, and attention, especially on such a deep, personally important level. It creates more problems and Garth has gone through more than enough pain - IMHO! DON'T BE CRUEL; Especially in the name of fun (entertainment) and profit -that's my point.

Hawk

Carol Ann
10-18-2002, 02:01 PM
Hawk,
I am sorry if I've offended you in any way BUT you were the one who left the door open when you mentioned the fact that Garth and Trisha wouldn't stay together. I've read the entire article and I didn't glean that from the article and I do agree wholeheartedly with you when you say the article is malicious and maligns Garth. I do think, though, that the average person reading that type of article isn't going to get the meaning the way you perhaps did. Secondly, I'm not sure that being called a mama's boy is such a bad thing anyway. I've always been told to watch how a man treats his mother because if he treats her with respect and love he will treat his wife the same way. Too much stock is put in these articles and magazines and the average person does not believe anything that is printed there anyway and unfortunately, when someone is in the public eye the way Garth is, these types of things go with the territory. Is it fair or just - No, but it happens and you just have to move on.

Carol Ann

Crackers
10-18-2002, 03:05 PM
I agree with you Carol Ann. I don't have any problems at all with Garth (or anyone else) being a momma's boy. My first thought when I read the article was that, if Garth needs a mommy, I VOLUNTEER!!!

Hawk, I felt like, since they talked about Garth's closeness to his mother in the article, they put a picture of the two of them in the article. I didn't see anything wrong with that. Just my opinion.

Carol Ann
10-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Thank you Crackers, I was feeling a little battered there for a moment. One thing I didn't mention was that Garth himself has admitted to being a Momma's boy. He said he was the youngest child and he was a Momma's boy and I guess for some that might have a negative meaning but I think it's very complimentary and shows that a man is comfortable in his own skin when he can admit to that. Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone and this is just my opinion.

Carol Ann

Hawk7lte
10-18-2002, 03:45 PM
1) I'm not offended in any way. That's my thought through opinion and reactions. And some of you have a different one that's all. Good! That's what America is all about isn't it? Why would anyone feel "battered" because of a difference of opinion?

The article offended me. As does the idea of continuing to see Garth as a "mama's boy". Garth is a grown man - and his own man at that. I admire and respect him, his autonomy, and his adulthood in lots of ways. I especially respect his relationship with his mother. Probably the average person wouldn't react the same way I did - (so what else is new?) but that's how I reacted on a personal level.

Now I'm going to ask that this thread be closed. NOT because I'm offended - and I do hope you understand that as I have always said and tried to demonstrate, I respect your opinions too. I fight for your rights to have differences of opinions.

However, I have to leave to take care of an emergency situation that is important. Trouble in Washington D.C. it seems.

Take care all, and remember I care about you all - respect your opinions - and have no problems with people having differences; hope you all feel the same way.

Hawk

Carol Ann
10-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Hawk,

By using the word battered what I was referring to was I guess my surprise at seeing your vehement objection to the article. I guess I have become so blase about these types of articles and I don't put a lot of stock in them that I wasn't expecting your reaction. I appreciate and understand your point of view and I agree that the tabloids should not be able to get away with what they do or be allowed to say what they say. It has to be very hurtful to people whether it's the truth or not. This will be my last comment on this topic but I have to say that I don't really think Garth would be upset to be called a mama's boy.

Carol Ann

ProducerJ
10-18-2002, 05:33 PM
At the request of the thread's originator, this thread is now closed.
J.