PDA

View Full Version : When reality exceeds the dream

Brookie
10-12-2002, 08:11 AM
That's what happens when you meet Garth isn't it?

Brookie

Brookie
10-12-2002, 10:06 AM
I never met a sweeter more charming person. I know for a fact, because I wokr in TV that most big stars are not like this. There are a few, but most are egotistical and don't have time for fans. I wasn't sure of the wisdom of going to someone's home - I mean, I don't know if I would like it, but when you're right near Garth's home, on a trip what esles can you do? He seemed quite delighted to see me - maybe the fact that I had come all the way from England meant something, I don't know, all husg and smiles. I don't suppose he sees a lot of Brits in Oklahoma.
He even asked after another Englishwoman, who is a friend of mine, so I got her on the phone, and he spoke to her! Seems they'd met before a long time ago. Nest thing I knew he was asking her to come and visit him! Guess they once knew each other very well.
Has anyone else on here seen him recently? I suppose most of you are American and can see him more than us. He seemed very well and happy, although I did detect that there was *something* missing from his life.
Does anyone know what thta thing is?
Brookie

berriffic
10-12-2002, 05:10 PM
I can't say for certain personally....yet that is :) ...because I haven't had a chance to meet him. But after meeting the gals at the convention and seeing the pictures and hearing their Garth adventures...Reality is even better than the dream.

<3 ber

Snow
10-12-2002, 05:25 PM
I've never had the pleasure... but after many years listening to others stories, I have little fear that it would be a disappointment at all.

Honestly it's amazing that I've never heard of any bad Garth-moments. With other celebrities you do often hear disappointing stories.... stars that are rude or dismissive of fans. Not that I automatically fault the star as I'm sure that being hounded all the time must sometimes make you a little nuts... but with Garth he has always been reported to be very nice and goes out of his way to talk and visit with fans.

I think this shows up in how he's able to move around places with really no need for obvious security. Other stars that shun the fans in the need for privacy seem to get hounded even worse. Garth just goes right up to people and starts talking.

fuzzwuzz
10-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Reality is no friend to the dreamer man. ~Garth Brooks~