PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Clarkson, American Idol anyone watch?

shmlss4gb
10-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit I watched American Idol. Did anyone else? Kelly Clarkson who won, and was my favorite since they narrowed it to 10, has an amazing voice. Personally I think she should do country music not pop, she has a powerful voice that would be great singing country.

So did anyone else start watching it just to see what it was like, and got hooked on it? What do you think about Kelly?

Terri

Jen19
10-02-2002, 12:45 PM
I only watched the last eposide and the concert where Reba sang I think Kelly is very talented hopefully something like this can either be a rollercoaster ride and she wiill go up then right down but maybe she will last I loved the dute with Reba :) WSM in nashville has played it a few times ;)

JEN

Lowell Miller
10-02-2002, 01:16 PM
Somebody told me...and I don't know if it's true. But...they said the next AI was going to be country. I haven't heard this, but it's what they said.

ProducerJ
10-02-2002, 01:59 PM
I can proudly say I've never seen a second of American Idol (don't watch survivor or big brother either, LOL) but Kelly is going to put an album out on RCA.

They are shooting an American Idol spinoff in Nashville, I forget what they're calling it, but it's for USA or one of those cable networks.
J.

allisonv7
10-02-2002, 02:33 PM
I heard there was going to be a political spinoff of American Idol, that would happen before the 2004 election.....where they narrow candidates down to one and that person runs for the presidency if they wish. I think its absolutely ridiculous, who wants to pick a president via a reality tv show???

allison. :rolleyes:

GBheartandsoul
10-02-2002, 08:40 PM
I've seen a few of the shows including the final one. I saw some of the show in Las Vegas mainly to see Reba & Kelly. That was cool seeing them sing together. I like Kelly and think she's very talented. They could have picked a better song for her single, but I guess it's okay. Our country station played the song and asked people to vote on their website whether they should keep playing the song and to give their opinion. I guess the majority of listeners wanted to hear it because now they play it regularly.

Anyway, I wish her luck and hope her career continues to go well.

Seira:)

wmcinnis
10-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Terri, why are you embarrassed?? I watched pretty much all of it:)
I was hooked when I seen some of the people that auditioned....some were so very bad:o
Although everyone hated Simon, I really liked him...there was a few comments he made that were pretty harsh but he had me tuning in every week to see what he was gonna say next:D

I was literally stunned when the people voted Tamara Gray off....it should have been her and Kelly at the end, I think. Justin was good but didn't have the range compared to the other two.
I just love Kelly's demeanor, she seems to be so quirky.
She's got such a powerful voice and can sing just about anything. Seeing her do that duet with Reba was awesome.....I'd buy her C.D.
-Susan-

wmcinnis
10-02-2002, 09:08 PM
Here's what it said in the Oct 1st edition of CW:

Nashville Star, a reality television series described as "a nationwide grassroots search for the next great country music singer/songwriter," is heading to the USA Network. The series,planned for at least six episodes, is set to debut in the first half of 2003. The competition will be open to singer/songwriters from all country genres. Finalists throughtout the country who pass the preliminary rounds will gather in Nashville, where they will perform at different venues. The show will include live elements, and the elimination process will combine a panel of judges and voting by viewers. The framework of the competion will somewhat resemble the Fox network's summer hit American Idol:The Search for a Superstar.

Garthmedic
10-02-2002, 09:34 PM
That will be WAY cool. I remember watching Sawyer Brown on "Star Search" and thinking, "These boys have what it takes."

I was right.

--spud--:)

fuzzwuzz
10-02-2002, 10:12 PM
Spud, my sister is in love with Sawyer Brown because of watching Star Search. Me, I fell in love with The Monkees the same way. And now THEY are being resurrected too by the same guy behind this American Pop craze I think. I wonder what the original Monkees think of this, such as Davy and Micky, who are still touring under the name? Strange that I gaven't heard anything since the announcement that apparently got the word to alot of people. The last time I wore my Monkees tour T-shirt to work many brought up the subject. I don't watch hardly any tv these days. Have any of you heard anything? This country one though I might want to try. Maybe it will drum up interest in country music as a whole even higher. Funny how other genres don't seem to have that problem, or is it me listening too much to all the talk? Some of the music is selling pretty good, like Kenny Chesney and Alan Jackson.

ProducerJ
10-02-2002, 11:23 PM
Thank you Susan for looking that up for us!

:)
J.

shmlss4gb
10-10-2002, 06:53 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here. I've been extremely busy and sick on top of that.

I wasn't really that embarrassed, even though people made fun of me for watching it. I started watching just to see what it was like, and I loved Simon. He might of been a little blunt, but some of those people needed it. Plus he was showing them what they'd really face, unlike Paula who could never say a bad thing about anyone. Did anyone else think Simon is actually attractive? Especially when he smiled, which he didn't do often. Or maybe it's just because I love men with accents, so I found him attractive.

I like both of Kelly's songs that are on the single. I think they are both really good for a wedding song. I can't say I'll buy the American Idol CD that's coming out soon, but I will definitely buy Kelly's.

Terri

wmcinnis
10-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Hi again Terri:)
I know what you mean about Paula....if she said 'Good job' one more time I was gonna scream!
You are not alone about Simon, I thought he was pretty attractive too:) It was real cute when he said he had a crush on that one girl, Christina Christian.

I really enjoyed this show, mainly because I love to hear people sing and some of those auditions were quite humorous and entertaining:)
I'll be looking forward to Kelly's C.D.:)
-Susan-

allisonv7
10-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Hopefully this Nashville Idol thing wont have the commercials that the original had, I was at my friends house one nite when it was on and we watched it, there were commercials every five minutes! It was ridiculous, that was pretty much the only reason I didnt end up watching every episode.

I did see on the news yesterday the the other guy finalist, the one with the afro got a record deal.

allison.

DixieChick4GB
02-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Ruben Rocks!

All of us were rooting for our local Alabama performer and he was up to the task. I sure hope America votes for him. We'll know tonite!
Elaine