PDA

View Full Version : Saving Garth

Teach
09-27-2002, 09:47 AM
As some of you know, I have the lifesize Garth from the Dr. Pepper promotion. When Isidore began his onslaught with tons of rain, I realized I would have to pack up my Garth and find the highest place in my house. We very carefully folded up Garth and put him in four garbage bags. Then we placed him in the attic. Immediately after the threat of Isidore was over, I put Garth back together. My whole family is ready to have me committed,(LOL) but that lifesize Garth is irreplaceable so better safe than sorry. Anyway, Isidore is gone and we, including Garth, are all high and dry once again.

Monica Lockhart
09-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Teach,

Thank God... Garth is okay!!

Don't feel bad.. Hurricane Lili may make her way here to Florida.. so I will be carefully packing up all my Garth stuff for safe keeping too!

Tell JD that if he does have you committed to atleast post your address here so we can write you ;)

Hugs!

Moni

boppityboo
09-27-2002, 11:40 AM
YAY! Teach, you saved Garth. :) Glad to see that you are ok too. What a good Garthnutt you are. We're not crazy, we just have our priorities straight. :eek:

Ellie

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
09-27-2002, 12:15 PM
Teach~ I'm so glad you all are fine. I kept you in my prayers throughout. I couldn't believe all of the rain/flooding (as seen on newsfootage.)...and what a hero you are for keeping Garth out of harms way lol.

Moni~ I hope Lili veers away from FL, so you won't have to fear for yourselves or your Garth stuff. :)

CC

PJ
09-27-2002, 12:37 PM
I'm sure we didn't get nearly as much of Isidore as you did Teach, but glad to hear you and Garth are ok. We lost a bird house and bird feeder in the wind, but nothing that can't be replaced.

majmom
09-27-2002, 02:06 PM
LOL, Teach, I can see it now...

"Kids, HURRY - we've got to get Garth to higher ground!" :eek:

Kerry

fuzzwuzz
09-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Oh wow. It just started raining really hard here a few minutes ago. Is this hurricane coming toward the s.east coast of Florida? I have way too many records and cd's I'd need to bag up and I don't have no attic or basement as this is Florida and I have a typically small block house. Ain't nothing gonna knock her down though. :)

gb*ty*girlie
09-27-2002, 03:37 PM
i saw the news footage of what happened w/ isidore, and i'm glad everyone's ok...i'm also glad to know i'm not the only one who'd save garth before anything else too!!! i live in south florida, and i must say, we haven't had a good hurricane in a few years...which is a good thing, but the last bad one cancelled school for a day or two, so that's always a plus for me!!! here's hoping lili leaves us floridian garth-nutts and our garth stuff alone!!!

~kati~who's feeling very protective of her garth cd's right now :D

PJ
09-27-2002, 06:44 PM
Isidore is already in the NE, but Lili and Kyle are brewing.

Snow
09-27-2002, 07:13 PM
Teach I'm sooooooooooooooo glad you saved Garth. I hope you avoided all damage. Looked like you had plenty of flooding. I'm just glad it wasn't as strong as it could have been.

I've been waiting for Ken's mom to get home from work to find out if Ken's relatives had any problems with the water. They're just a little north of you so I'm hoping it wasn't bad there. It's a pretty low lying area though.

So far we've just enjoyed the increased rainfall that we've been getting from the moisture being brought in by the storms. None of the actual hurricanes have come close to the Carolinas yet this year.

I don't have any life-sized Garth's to protect from flooding but I'd grab my CD's, boxset, and tour jacket for sure! After the family and the family photos of course! *lol*

TzeDance
09-27-2002, 07:23 PM
Teach,

I am very glad that you are alright. And Garth is alright too! ;-)
I certainly can understand how each one of us can be
that protective ;-)

Alyn - Diem

ncgarthfan
09-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Greetings all,

I have to say that if something bad was happening in my house like a flood or something, the first thing I would get after my family and some clothes, next would come my Garth items.

;)

Andrea

Teach
09-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Good luck with Lilli, all you Floridians. They are already saying that we may have to deal with Lilli by next Wednesday or Thursday. I may have to pack up Garth and evacuate. I stayed this time but I don't ever want to stay again. It is just too nerve wracking. Every time it started to rain really hard I was worried about my house flooding. We are surely hoping we won't have to deal with another storm right now.

Snow, some of the places just north of us had alot of flooding due to the rising rivers. Some of those rivers have not even crested yet.:( Sure hope your relatives made out okay.

Garthfan92
09-27-2002, 10:58 PM
Good to hear from you, Teach. Glad you, and Garth, are ok. I have to say, I'd be grabing those irreplaceable Garth items first and foremost if anything happened!

Hope any of you along the coast stay safe and sound with more possible bad weather to deal with. The snow we get here can get pretty bad, but it sure isn't anywhere near as dangerous as what some of you deal with from hurricaines and tropical storms!

Lisa

berriffic
09-28-2002, 12:32 AM
((((((Teach)))))))
Garth would be so flattered that you saved him! LOL
Glad you and yours are safe.
<3 ber

ProducerJ
09-28-2002, 12:07 PM
LOL @ Teach - great story! J.D. is a very cool, understanding hubby, as many of us can testify to as having met him! :)

Did y'all have to do the thing in school where you wrote that if your house was on fire and all the people and animals got out ok, what is the one thing you would save?

For me it's my wedding album, but I have a feeling there's a lot of Garth memoribilia that would top people's list.

P.J. - watch out for Tropical Storm Kyle! ;)
J.

Garth_FANtasizer
09-28-2002, 03:13 PM
:eek:
We very carefully folded up Garth and put him in four garbage bags. :eek:

Please! Call them storage bags! LOL

I'm glad you're all safe!

~Ann~

Lowell Miller
09-28-2002, 07:49 PM
That's funny. :)

Vanessa
09-29-2002, 12:33 AM
too funny teach! Glad you saved garth!! you're a hero!

Vanessa ;)

GBShameless
09-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Teach

Glad you guys are alright down there and Garth is fine also, LOL. I hate to say it, but I think my Garth stuff would be the first stuff i would grab if I had to get out in a hurry, LOL. So Teach, I guess I'll be in the room next to yours, when we are both committed, LOL.

Well my animals of course and my hubby :)

Robin :) :)

allisonv7
09-29-2002, 04:20 PM
I'm glad somebody has their priorities strait!!!

allison.

PhillyLuvsGarth
09-29-2002, 04:48 PM
Well, it wasnt Isadore... It was a washing machine for me. I received a large pop up garth brooks also thei summer....see my lastest post for the story, however last week, after I moved to school, there was a flood in my family room due to a faulty washing machine hose... everything drowned, included garth :( he doesnt stand too straight anymore, but i still love him, i am happy you garth survived, i would have saved my own if i had any warning :(

PJ
09-30-2002, 12:23 PM
Producer J - I know what you mean! I've been on the edge of my seat ever since I heard Kyle was brewing. :D

wmcinnis
09-30-2002, 01:35 PM
Hi Teach:)
I was talking to Wayne about you and JD last week as we were watching CNN weather. I'm so glad you and Garth are doing well:)
-Susan-