PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Entertainer Poll

ladyshel
09-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been here. I guess I never registered to the forum. Anyway, I wanted to invite all the Garth fans to vote for him in the Favorite Entertainer poll on my site.

I also have a Favorite Song Poll, but I'm not sure if there are any Garth songs left on it. :( That's why I decided to come and mention it.

A small history. I used to be the Guide to the Garth Brooks Fans site back in 1997, then they moved me to Country Music, which is where I am now. Recently, About has made the move of taking away our weekly newsletters for our sites (each site had its own Newsletter to promote what was going on). Now, we may get mentioned in the general music newsletter, but it really has drastically cut my visitors. So, that is why if I want someone to know about something I have to go and post on a forum and let them know.

Anyway, if you're interested in voting for Garth, you can find the poll at:

http://countrymusic.about.com/library/blfavoriteentertainer.htm

The way it works is I remove the 10 lowest voted names each week til we get to 40 names. Then I remove 5 til we get to 10 names. Then 1 per week til we get the final winner.

I just checked and Garth only had 21 votes, and I'm hoping some people will vote a bit so he doesn't get voted off this coming week.

Garth is and always will be my favorite male singer.

Hope no one minds me posting this. Don't worry, I won't be coming weekly asking ya to vote. :) Just wanted to get the word out that there was a poll.

Shel

febbaby
09-18-2002, 08:27 PM
I voted.....Come on everyone we need to get those numbers up for Garth!

PJ
09-18-2002, 08:43 PM
Hi Shel! Good to see you gain!

I realize the groups are alphabetical, but it's not fair to have Garth and Keith Urban in the same group. :)

Not to give away any secrets, but you're not limited to just one vote. ;)

Stick around awhile Shel!

ladyshel
09-18-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by PJ
Hi Shel! Good to see you gain!

Stick around awhile!

Hey Penny! How's it goin'?

Thanks! I've been reading several of the posts. I like the cologne one. :D I wish I could have gotten close enough to smell it.

Shel

PJ
09-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Hey Shel!

Missing all those Garth adventures, that's how it's going. ;)

ladyshel
09-18-2002, 08:50 PM
Oh, regarding having keith urban in Garth's group. They ENTIRE list is counted, not just by each poll group. I'm only allowed 10 names per poll. So, don't worry. Long as he has enough votes to stay out of the bottom 10 of all the names, he's doing fine.

Shel :)

PJ
09-18-2002, 08:52 PM
That's good to know. I see Garth is rising pretty fast now!

bethany2
09-18-2002, 09:48 PM
He's got my vote

PJ
09-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Thanks to whomever was just helping me increase Garth's votes above Keith's. ;)

FarfaNougan
09-19-2002, 01:46 PM
If all you people, including people voting for the other artist, are voting numerous times then the poll is way inaccurate and will not get a decent truthful tally. They should have made it one vote per person, this seems more like a dumb game to waste time on trying to out do the other people voting a gazillion times for other artist. What is the darn point?

I will wait and spend my time voting on something that is fair and only allows one vote per fan.

This only tallies people who have internet connection as well and can get to the site, each artist has millions of fans that can't get to the site to vote so in realty it will be very hard to ever find out poll wise who the best entertainer is.

Snow
09-19-2002, 03:09 PM
Welcome FarfaNougan... you make some good points and almost any poll on the internet has similar problems. Even those that technically have it so you can only vote once... have problems because there is a way to get around that too. Certainly it's only counting those with internet access but as this isn't a professional poll it's not a big deal. While it may not be useful statistically for counting individuals it is an indicator of fan enthusiasm. Those that bother voting... or even multiple voting are showing their enthusiasm for that artist.

Anyway... just take it as it is intended... for fun... it's not like the CMA's are riding on it. *lol* Not that the voting for that is really any better! *lol*

Besides Garth has made it clear on more than one occassion that to him there isn't really such as thing as the BEST artist. All contribute in different ways. ANYWAY... the person that made up the poll wasn't trying to find out the BEST artist... just people's favorite artists...

Garth_FANtasizer
09-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the link, Shel!

Looks like Trisha can use our help, so while you're there voting for Garth, give her some votes too!

~Ann~

mbarker
09-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Trisha is now up to 6%...keep voting for her....she is still way behind

PJ
09-21-2002, 10:51 AM
Kenny Chesney fans have obviously found the poll as well.