PDA

View Full Version : I still don't

FarfaNougan
09-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Understand who this Chris Gaines fella is and what he has to do with Garth.

I guess I am just mega retarded or something.

fuzzwuzz
09-15-2002, 09:54 PM
It's ok Farfa. You are not alone. Do you have the cd? It helps you get the feel of the character some. A starting place to connect in a personal way. For me, it was through the "Come to me" in "Unsigned Letter". :)

Jusdrummin
09-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Chris Gaines is a character Garth portrayed for the album "...In the life of Chris Gaines," and hopefully for the movie "The Lamb."
His idea was to release the album a year early so that we could get to know Chris and look at him as a real person not just a character in a movie. That idea kind of backfired with the help of an unimaginative press, saying he has finally lost his mind or he is trying to leave country music.
However, it really is no different then when George Strait (singer) played "Dusty" Wyatt Chandler (character) in Pure Country (movie), or when Whitney Houston (singer) played Rachel Marron (character) in The Bodyguard (movie). The only difference is that he changed musical genres from country to rock, instead of staying in the safety of familiarity. That along with doing things in typical Garth larger than life fashion.
During the press conference where he explained the whole idea to us, Garth said that "this ride wouldn't be for everybody" but he would be back for more Garth music. It has been an interesting ride (yet sometimes slow, do you hear me Paramount). And I am ready for the ride to come full circle.

Rick

fuzzwuzz
09-16-2002, 12:09 AM
I've been ready. :)