PDA

View Full Version : has garth made you famous

PCL
09-04-2002, 04:37 PM
Hey

if you look in the Double Live Central Park version, there's a picture of the crowd (duh!). What i mean is, there's one where peoples faces are clear. its in the middle of the booklet. Im near the bottom in the middle, with my cowboy hat and glasses. i dont wear the hat anymore, but i freaked when i first saw that. thats the highlight of my life. also, at the central park concert, theres a yellow package he picks up. that package has all my lyrics in it.

scott

kbrook67
09-04-2002, 07:01 PM
I just recently heard Garth Brooks played in Central Park. I was really busy in the 90's and some how a decade passed with out me coming in contact with country music, I did have a Randy Travis CD and I met Kenny Rogers once and had a really bad picture of me standing next to him. I was wearing Purple and I had a really bad sunburn. I looked so bad I cut myself out of the picure. I would freek if it came out on his CD! ROFL (I laugh at my own jokes) You are so Blessed to be right there. I am going to look for it. I want to own that (is it a CD?) that is so cool that you handed him your songs. Have you heard from him? I gave him a few things too. I wish I could see him sing "LIVE" all that excitement. I have met with him with a friend and the kids once, and once alone with my 3 year old. He is such a nice guy. So happy, smart, funny, kind, he realized while we were talking, the sun was in my eyes, and he turned me around so he faced the sun. He was wearing really cool sunglasses, but for me he lived up to his name beautifully. His name means gallant, like a knight in shining armor :o) The man sure is cool. God Bless, Kristin Ann

GBheartandsoul
09-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Scott, that's very cool, When I get a chance I'll go take a look at the booklet.

Welcome to PG Kristin Ann! It's never too late to discover Garth. He's the best and PG is the best GB site. Everyone here is great. Enjoy and post a lot. The Central Park video is available on video and if for some reason you can't find a copy then I or someone else can probably help you. I'm really glad you got to meet Garth. He is definitely a gentleman and very sweet & kind. As for seeing Garth live, well you never know. Maybe when his girls have grown or maybe for a special occasion or charity event.

Seira:)

fuzzwuzz
09-04-2002, 08:46 PM
Don't he wish!! :)

kbrook67
09-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Here is a little tale... The night before I met GB for the second time, my little one Mel age 3, aka "little Miss Mel" and *Precious* (*was given to her by the man himself!!!) well anyway Mel was looking at the CD Scarecrow, and I told her we were going to see Garth Brooks again. She didn't answer, she just looked at the CD.
The next day while standing with him, Mel was in the carseat, I reached in to grab some paper, and I said to my Precious, "Mel do you want to say Hi to Garth Brooks?" Mel said, "that's not Garth Brooks." It took all my control not to laugh my butt off cause, he was standing right there and I know he didn't hear the exchange, I was so tongue tied, I would have sounded like a loonie! LOL
When we got home, I asked her why she didn't think that was GB and she said "he wasn't singing" lol Next time we meet him Mel is going to say, "sing to me Baby." she has been praticing saying it, and it comes out like "BayBa" It is the cutest thing I have ever seen, she puts her whole body into it, in a way only a three year old can.
Nice to meet you Seira, Do you have a "tale" to tell? lol
take care and God Bless, Kristin Ann

Sarah in oz
09-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Scott, Is that you in the video bopping away. the guy has glasses and a hat and is enjoying himself so Much?

Jen19
09-05-2002, 05:09 PM
I have to look for you scott.. ;)

I was also at central park and I feel famous for just being there and I swear its me I light a cigarette during the last 3 songs he did. I right up front and you see my face light up its cool :) I know its me even though you might not be able to tell that much. LOL

by the way I quit smoking two years ago !!!

the other time I got famous was I was in country weekly with my Garth pic of course I submitted it so that was sort of my doing but that was very cool too...

and last I'm famous because I have all these friends in tons of different states and being famous is just being loved..

:) :)

JEN