PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for BB & GB?

Garth2Gaines
03-22-2000, 10:45 AM
On VH1 this afternoon (Wednesday) they were talking about the new NSYNC cd. They said it's almost a sure bet that it will beat the Backstreet Boys 1st week sells record. One store (in NY city) said NSYNC sold in their 1st day what took the Backstreet Boys 1st week to do :( If I had to choose, I'd pick NSYNC over the Backstreet Boys, though I don't care for either one :)<P>The Garth part, oh yeah, this means that Garth would be knocked down to #3 of first week sells :( :( :( This stick, especially having Shania's cd certified 17, knocking No Fences down to #2 of biggest (still the best) country album of all time :( :(<P> :(dwayne :(N

Pilgrim
03-22-2000, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, i don't think it will go THAT bad :D<P>Otherwise Garth has to get his record back :) <BR>And what better way to do it than by making a 3 CD album with DVD stuff on it and sell it all under special marketing tricks for only $15 :D<P>BrianN

loreli
03-22-2000, 12:49 PM
I really like your 3 CD idea Brian. :)<P>I want them enhanced too, with yummy Garth videos on them. OR a fourth DVD with all videos!! YEAH, I like that too!! woohoo!!<P>Lori :DN

loreli
03-22-2000, 12:50 PM
Why did my smilies not work? <P>Testing:<P> :) <BR> :D<BR> :o<BR> ;)<BR> :(<P>LoriN

Pilgrim
03-22-2000, 12:55 PM
tsk tsk<P>Women and smilies :o<P><BR>BrianN

Lowell Miller
03-22-2000, 01:04 PM
I like Shania's CD but isn't it POP? No Fences was targeted to Country. Shania is even considered a pop artist. I don't remember a dance remix off No Fences.N

Pilgrim
03-22-2000, 01:26 PM
Hmmm. Lowell :o :o<P>Too much to drink??? :o :o :o<P>Brian ;)N

Anonymous
03-22-2000, 02:59 PM
The thing about the N Sync selling more than the Backstreet Boys story is that the store that that news came from had a record signing with N Sync in the store the day the CD came out. That's why it sold so many in that store. Who knows what it did elsewhere. I don't think Backstreet did any record signings on the album release day. It would be cool if Garth did a record signing for his next album. Then he'd easily beat any new record.N

Lowell Miller
03-22-2000, 03:17 PM
Brian...Always :DN

Garth2Gaines
03-22-2000, 05:43 PM
SEVENS would have been untouchable if it came out on August 7, 1997 :( If they had wanted a record, and played their cards right, it could have been to 2 million. But Garth did what he had to do......<BR>I also don't think Shania is that country, but offically, by the books, she is :(<P>dwayne N

hugeGBnutt
03-22-2000, 05:49 PM
who cares if nsync beats bsb's record, its not Garth's record anymore so who cares? ..it would be different if it was still Garth that heald the record...but....atleast one of the nsync members is a Garth fan! ....personally, i don't care :)<P>aRiN

pldrw
03-23-2000, 08:21 AM
Garth will get the record back!!!! He always has!!! Just have faith!!I won't be buying insync or bb!! I don't really get into their music,it ok mind just not my type!! And can anyone tell me how to get the smiles I have wanted them for ever!!!N

hugeGBnutt
03-23-2000, 01:55 PM
<B>pldrw,</B><P>here ya go......<P>just DON'T put the <B>+</B>(i had to put the + so i could explain how to do it, without the + it would have just had the face)<P>: + ) ---&gt; :)<P>: + o ---&gt; :o<P>; + ) ---&gt; ;)<P>: + ( ---&gt; :(<P>: + D ---&gt; :D<P>aRi<P>N

pldrw
03-24-2000, 05:55 AM
Thanks I just have to do that but does it work any where else or just here??? :) :)N

garthfandr
03-24-2000, 06:03 AM
Test test Test<P> :) <BR>:0<BR> ;)<BR>N

Garth_FANtasizer
03-24-2000, 07:23 AM
The thing about records is, someone will always come along and break them. It's just numbers.<P>What Garth has earned and no one can take away from him are honors. <P>Artist of the Century<BR>Artist of the Decade<P>The songs that will live forever, that touched the hearts and changed the lives of so many people.<P>He will be remembered in history. <P>Where will the record breakers be? On a list, maybe?<P>I'll leave you with this quote from Garth:<P>"You want to make a difference. When it's all over, you want to look back and think somehow the world didn't spin quite the same way it did before you were here."<P>I think he's accomplished that! :)<P>~Ann~N