PDA

View Full Version : Tabloids are at it again :(

BLL
08-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Okay, I went Krogering early this morning and the lines were horrendous so I read the tabloids while waiting. Just a head's up:
The Examiner has a cover "story" on Trisha breaking Garth's heart this week; while the Globe is declaring they'll marry this fall :rolleyes:

I think these things should be in the fiction section, not on the checkouts.

ad012
08-26-2002, 09:10 PM
I just got back from the store with my mom and I just had to see if you guys knew. They are really ridiculas. I agree with the fiction center.
:) Ali :)

Garthfan92
08-26-2002, 11:00 PM
I just saw the one a day or two ago that said, "Trisha Breaks Garth's Heart 'I just want to be friends'". GIVE ME A BREAK!!! I guess it's good for a laugh.

Lisa

angelamccann
08-27-2002, 05:41 AM
I have a theory - Garth and Trisha have a running wager as to which one of them can make up the most unbelievably ridiculous story about the two of them and get it printed (all they'd have to do is call the tabloid and say they were a close personal friend and they could tell the writers any old guff).

So, we've had the break-up stories, the marriage stories - next up the kidnapped by aliens stories?

Angela x

diem nash
08-27-2002, 10:01 AM
No, Angela! You are wrong! They aren´t kidnapped by Aliens...

They ARE Aliens!

And they have a baby. Well, actually Aliens don´t have babies...

It´s a...

Smurf!

...Or was it a Fender?

Well, I better check that before I tell you ´bout it!

I´m a little confused now!

:p

Maddy :D

I can prove it:

( Deleted Attachment: Not Appropriate for PG Forums- Monica)

diem nash
08-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Shoot!!! I mixed the pics! This was a private one not meant to get public!

Autch!!!

:p ;)

Well, here´s the right pic:

GarthnTrisha
08-27-2002, 01:46 PM
I like your theory Angela. I think that's funny! Hmmm, now they'll come up with Garht is married to the mermaid in the sardine can and Trisha is really that smurff in the pic. Come to think of it...I really like smurffs! HEHEHEHE

ProducerJ
08-27-2002, 02:10 PM
I saw the one about Trisha breaking Garth's heart, and the thing that struck me was the picture on the cover. Besides being very old, it's very bad.

It's from October of 2001 - he wore the same shirt to the Opry PC and the Retirement PC. All they'd have had to have done is asked, any of us would have had a better pic. Then we could have told them about the mermaid ;)
J.

Crackers
08-27-2002, 02:19 PM
Not only is it an old picture, I think it's an old story, too. I seem to remember reading about Trisha just wanting to be friends a couple of years ago. They get desperate for news, I guess.

Garth_FANtasizer
08-27-2002, 02:21 PM
I want to put forth a challange for the tabloids... The first one who gets the photo of them skinny dipping, I'll buy 1000 copies!

~Ann~

BLL
08-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Ann, honey, you have to stop!!!!!!!!! My poor keyboard can't take much more Dr Pepper spit all over it, and I always seem to be drinking it when I read your posts, ROTFLMAO!!!!

angelamccann
08-27-2002, 05:45 PM
Can we get a rainhood for BLL's keyboard over here please?

Come to think of it, perhaps there should be a warning at the head of the thread - 'Do Not Read Unless Wearing Waterproof Clothing - If You're Not Spraying On The Keyboard, Someone Else Will Be'!

Angela x

PRINWOO
08-27-2002, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know how to get cherry koolaid out of tan carpet and a blue recliner, because I just sent it everywhere?

OMG! Y'all are too much!

JMR

OKZCC7
08-27-2002, 06:47 PM
A bet with one another? Now that sounds like an excellent idea.

Garthfan92
08-27-2002, 10:29 PM
LOL You guys are too funny! I agree that we need a warning attached to posts that tells you you should not have a drink in hand or be taking a sip of anything while reading. It would save our computers!

Lisa

CheyenneWindRoper
08-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Garthfan92
LOL You guys are too funny! I agree that we need a warning attached to posts that tells you you should not have a drink in hand or be taking a sip of anything while reading. It would save our computers!

Lisa

Truer words were never spoken!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

angelamccann
08-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by PRINWOO
Does anyone know how to get cherry koolaid out of tan carpet and a blue recliner, because I just sent it everywhere?

OMG! Y'all are too much!

JMR

Do they make a Stain Devil for Kool Aid? Considering the risk level with people reading PG, they could market it alongside Garth's CDs at WalMart and make a fortune :)

JMR, I don't know how to get KoolAid out of tan carpets and blue recliners - maybe you could just drink shades of KoolAid that match what you're wearing and sitting on, or alternatively try water...

Hey, thinking about it, since this seems to be an increasingly common occurrence, can we jump on the bandwagon of those people sueing fast food restaurants for making them fat (hello, as a wide load myself I can state categorically I was never dragged through the doors of McDonalds and force-fed quarterpounders with cheese, more's the pity, I made the decision to go in several times all by myself)?? Let's see - this is Brandon's website - Brandon gives us the forums where we can post and his guidelines don't include anything about ensuring we waterproof our computer equipment, or warnings as to what might happen if we take highly-coloured soft drinks and food to consume whilst reading PG - therefore Brandon could possibly be said to be held responsible - so we could sue Brandon for upholstery cleaning costs and damages and stuff - could we...?

Alternatively it might be easier to tie Ann's hands behind her back for a couple of weeks, to give everyone else the chance to get their waterproofing sorted out :)

Angela x

Garthmedic
08-28-2002, 11:32 AM
Funny stuff, I agree. But- let's not get too carried away.

**pushing with all my might to get this back on topic**

--spud--:)

angelamccann
08-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Garthmedic
Funny stuff, I agree. But- let's not get too carried away.

**pushing with all my might to get this back on topic**

--spud--:)

Oh, you're no fun anymore. (pouts) ;)

Okey dokey, if on topic is what you want and we're talking Garth and Trisha in the tabloids, I'm going to speculate on the stories which could potentially turn up in those tabloids in future issues:

- Trisha dumps Garth ('I just want to be friends') (again)
- Garth dumps Trisha
- Garth marries Trisha in secret (even Trisha doesn't know)
- Garth and Trisha marry in public, on stage during one of Trisha's concerts
- Trisha is pregnant
- Garth is pregnant
- Garth kidnapped by aliens (they bring him back after two days because he refused to comply with their requests until he got all the Taco Bell and M&Ms he could eat, plus gallons of Dr Pepper)
- Trisha kidnapped by aliens
- Trisha dumps Garth to marry Chris Gaines
- Garth and Trisha go shopping
- Garth and Trisha record duet albums with each other
- Garth and Trisha record duet albums with other artists
- Garth and Trisha sue the tabloids for picking up every piece of trash on the street and labelling it a scoop
- Garth and Trisha buy the tabloids a set of poop scoops so they can do the job properly

Any more ideas?

Angela x

Snow
08-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Well many based their belief that Garth and Trisha were more than friends before it became public knowledge based on the sheer volume of times that it was printed about in the tabloids... sort of like... well... if it's been talked about THIS much it must be true.

Hey... maybe Trisha could have changed her mind and want to stay just friends.... maybe it was all an elaborate plot to throw people off the true story that Garth has really been in love with Reba all these years and that Trisha is becoming a nun. Maybe Trisha and Garth are waiting for their captured alien spacecraft (a tabloid story that I'm still trying to sell) to be refurbished for the honeymoon. You know they have to make sure there is room for several years worth of fixings for Taco Bell burritos as well as a massive quantity of M&M's.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that we seem to laugh and even approve when the tabloids print something that we hope is true... and get all bent out of shape when it's something we don't like. When in reality we just have to accept that none of it is realiable and that often it's just a shot in the dark when they do get something right.

Tabloids are a form of mass entertainment... sort of like wrestling. Most people know that it's all junk fiction with enough plausibility to suck in some. If you enjoy getting a yuk, yuk out of the outrageousness of their tales... then that's fine. The trouble comes when we take them too seriously.

PRINWOO
08-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Snow~ What do you mean, Wrestling is fake???? LOL!
The only good use for tabloid is as fire starter.

For those who are wondering...I was able to get most of the koolaid out, I still have some tiny pink spots. I have since Ann-proofed my computer area with a dark colored area rug and cover on the chair.

JMR

Sara_Kwan
08-28-2002, 10:12 PM
i agree with you, Snow. see, even though tabloids aren't true, they have SOME fact to it, even if it's 0.001%. i mean, it WAS the tabs who reported Garth and Trisha together before anyone else even mentioned it. so there may be some truth to this, and it makes sense, too... seeing as they've been such great friends all these years... a relationship can destroy that powerful friendship.

Peace & Love
-Sara

Snow
08-28-2002, 10:37 PM
I know what you're saying Sara... though I don't necessarily agree that it was necessarily a fact when they reported it at the time. Who knows?

Tabloids are so much completely junk that I just operate on the assumption that none of it is true. Sometimes they just luck up and what they print turns out to be true... or maybe true at some point.

I'm a "read-a-holic" and I've always got to have something around to read. I usually keep a book in my purse. I can't stand to have to sit around somewhere and not have something to read. Sometimes when Ken has been in the hospital and stuff and I just needed a laugh, I've bought a tabloid or two... but it was just to sit there and read and laugh with the hubby about what is being printed.

Now some of them like the Star do a little better at getting in some truthful information... but even then you can't really take what they say as giving the true picture.

Frankie-20-100
08-29-2002, 02:02 AM
Well I know for a fact that Garth is a Smurf because I saw him in Saturday Night Live and he was all blue with his little white pants and tiny hat and television never lies right…right? How else can you explain that we're all going smurf about him. ;)

France

Frankie-20-100
08-29-2002, 02:39 AM
And here's the proof

France

Frankie-20-100
08-29-2002, 02:41 AM
Who wouldn't like to have Garth look at you like that? LOL

France

Teaser210
08-29-2002, 12:42 PM
I don't know how the tabloids ever missed this headline...

Garth Brooks seen checking into hotel under name of Robert Reynolds!!