PDA

View Full Version : Garths Charity Work

GbsKitty
08-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Hi all.. I know its been a while since I've posted, but I really need some help. I have been a HUGE Garth fan for years, but am embarrassed to say that I really don't know all that much about Garth's charity organizations. I was wondering if someone could tell me if they could help me with a very special cause.

One of my best friends has a 2yr old (almost) daughter, Ashlee, who was born with biliary atresia. I could go into detail on what this is and what she's been through, but it could take quite a while, so you can read about her and her ordeal here http://www.classkids.org/ourkids/ashlee.htm

If the link doesn't work, go to www.classkids and click on "Our kids" and then "Ashlee".

Her mom Kristy and dad Kevin both work for the same company I do, and we've been holding lots of fundraisers, and charity events (bake sales, car washes, you name it we've done it!). My mother and father in-law belong to a local motorcycle club, and they even sponsored a Bingo Run a couple weeks ago, and donated almost $5,000, which was the largest turnout they've ever had. But the truth is they are a long way from their target. Ashlee may need a liver transplant sooner than expected, and the medical costs are enormous, as you could imagine. Their goal is to raise at least $100,000 before Ashlee needs to have her transplant. They do have insurance, which is a blessing, but it will not pay everything, not to mention normal household bills that add up when they have to be in Boston with Ashlee and not at work (we work in upstate NY).

I was just wondering if the charities that Garth has deal with anything like this, and if so, how do I contact them to see if they can help.

Anyone who has any info that could be of help, please email me at tstamp01@aol.com

I would REALLY appreciate it. So would Ashlee, Kristy, Kevin and Ashlee's big sister Alyssa.

Thanks guys

Vanessa
08-22-2002, 06:40 PM
I know that garth has an organization that he co-founded called "teammates for kids". :)

here's the link: http://www.teammatesforkids.com/

Vanessa :)