PDA

View Full Version : Caniadagia Concert

tyfan23
08-17-2002, 01:50 AM
I know that it is not spelled right, but it is very late:)

Just got back from the concert, it was a two hour ride to and from the show.

My only complaint, Trisha was only on for an hour, and did not sing Corners:(

Her show was great, though. This was the funniest I had seen her.

First off she was wearing a matching flowered skirt set, she made the comment that she looked like she had raided Stevie Nix closet. Her hair was down and a little curly, I was in the third to last row, but she looked beautiful as always.

SHe made some funny comments:

During the show she had fans blowing on her, because it was so dang humid, anyways, after her first couple songs, she said that she was turning them off, because even though we had paid good money to see her, we did not want to see everything, and she was scared of the fans showing more than she wanted.

SO she first turned off the fans, then decided to turn them on her fans in the front so they were cool, and made a gag about her "biggest fans". She kept on making the front row was comfortable.

At the end when she was introducing her band, she mentioned the fact that everyone but Shawn and her were wearing Hawiian shirts by saying that they did not get the memo about the Magnum PI theme, lol.

I really cannot remember all the songs she sang, but I will try:

The order may be wrong:
xxx's and OOO's
Believe me baby I lied
Where are you now
She's in love with the boy
Inside Out
Walkaway Joe
Wrong side of Memphis
Perfect Love
How do I Live
The Song remembers when

I think that is it

Like I said she only sang for an hour,and then Vince Gill came out, and he was great. He told us about how he sang on Trisha's first album and she was all about him doing what he wanted on the track and then when he sang on her second album, she was a star and told him to keep on trying because his vocals were flat. He said he loved Trisha and her awesome voice and my favorite part was that it should be the law in country music that a voice must be as good as her's to sing in the business:)

It was a great night, and i only hope her break is not too long:(

Sorry for any typos, its 2am and I am tiredzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kelly

andie
08-17-2002, 06:38 AM
Thanks so much for the post I wondered how it went. Get some sleep and then when you are refreshed if you think of anything else let us know !!!Glad you had fun.

TrishaNGarthFan
08-17-2002, 06:45 AM
Kelly,

Thanks for the info! I had no idea Vince was at this concert....I may have tried to go.

Glad you enjoyed Trisha!
Sue

ProducerJ
08-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Cool - thanks for the review.

Very odd that she didn't sing Corners ... I wonder if she's given up on it? Seems odd since A) if people aren't hearing it on the radio, at least she had a few thousand people to showcase it to, and they in turn would hopefully go out to look for it in their record stores. and B) she says that she is so in love love love with this song.
But that's just me. LOL

Sounds like a great show!
J.

Garth_FANtasizer
08-18-2002, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the review, Kelly!

I know our famous Garth look alike Bob was there. Did he cause a stir like the last time Trisha came to our area? LOL

~Ann~

TammyLS
08-19-2002, 11:28 AM
Sounds Like Another Awesome Trisha show! I Love the bit about the fans--she's just so nice! Hmm, Not singing Corners, I don't know but I'm guessing she got off track and forgot it or something--she's done that before...I can't believe she'd give up on it, but then again, how often do we hear RLW Live? Unfortunately--Not! Which is a bummer for me as I LOVE that song!
The only think about her opening for Vince that bothers me is A)she ISN"T Singing LONG ENOUGH! and B)no encores, and I LOVE TRISHA ENCORES!
So, any pics to share? please? Here's to hoping....

tyfan23
08-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi all thanks for replying:)

Yes Bob was there. I had saw him last year when Trisha was at Chautauqua, NY and everyone flipped out there, my mom even took a picture with him,lol. Some people were staring and pointing, but he had really good seats, and I was far back, so I did not really see the reaction down there, but he was talking the the Rochester radio station, so I am sure some people freaked.

I did not get any pictures, my camera is pretty sucky and I was pretty far back so I did not bother bringing my camera.

I was pretty sad about corners, but she did sing Wrong side of memphis, which I love live.

Kelly

garth020762
08-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Hi all,
I must say I was a bit disappointed in the show. I really thought Vince would open the show for Trisha, first of all. Song selection was just ok, as I wanna to hear "Corners" also. Of all the shows I have been to, I have only seen her play "Everybody Knows" once and I really would have loved to hear that again live. "Song Remembers When" always brings a tear to my eye. "Walkaway Joe" is THE song I would love to sing back up on with her. And most recent...and I forgot to mention this to her...I would love to hear Johnnie Garcia and Miss Yearwood do the song "It Ain't the Way I Heard It" with just them two playing...

I did get a picture with Miss Yearwood but haven't processed the film yet. I was so nervous! I just handed my camera to Jarah and said snap away!!

I really made a point to stay really quite low key for this show because of the mess that happened last year. Her manager, Donnie, still I think hasn't forgotten or forgiven me about that.

Miss Yearwood did ask me one question though in the time we got a chance to talk..."Do you sing?". I quietly said "uh, no..." She replied " everyone is always asking me if Garth is going to show up, play, etc...I could've pulled you right up on stage." She smiled...I nearly died...
(yeah, like I am going to admit that I sing in comparison to THAT voice of hers...gulp!)

Overall, a very good time seeing her. She is really sweet. Got a BIG OL' HUG when I left. (I am still gald she doesn't know my last name when she asked me for my name when we shook hands...!!)

Take care,
Bob

Garthfan92
08-22-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by garth020762
(I am still gald she doesn't know my last name when she asked me for my name when we shook hands...!!)

LOL Bob! Probably a very good thing!

Lisa

Greeny
08-23-2002, 12:16 AM
lol :) that is cute Bob

TammyLS
08-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Hey Bob, how fun would that be to get on stage with Trisha? Boy I'd love to hear what people say when "Garth" gets on stage and Can't sing! That would Really get stories flying!
I'm glad you had a great time, and I'm with You, I'd love to hear Trisha sing TATWIHI accoustic--ahhhh that would be cool! Some of my favorite Trisha shows to watch are the ones where she sings with Johnny or Garth and Just their guitar! MMMM, MMMMM
I think thats why I LOVE hearing her sing Landslide....

Garth_FANtasizer
08-24-2002, 10:55 AM
To funny, Bob! I bet Trisha would really flip if she knew your last name! If only she had met you first, she could have skipped the other two men! LOL

I can't wait to see the pic of the two of you. Maybe you can get Garth to sign it! ha!

~Ann~

diem nash
08-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Aaawww!!! What a cute Žn funny story!
Well, why didnŽt you do? You could have said that you have a cold and canŽt sing (Whispered in TrishaŽs ears and let her say it. So nobody would have heard your voice.). Than youŽd took a guitar and do like playing, but suddenly stopped and looked at Trisha like being in love. Oh man, Trisha would have stopped singing whith those eyes looking at her. That would have been too funny!!! LOL!

Great story. Well, if IŽd be curious IŽd asked for your last name, but IŽm not! :p ;)

Real funny!

:D

Maddy :D

AngelTrisha9
08-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Bob, If you ever tell her your last name, you better have an hidden cam somewhere!

Teaser210
08-24-2002, 04:14 PM
Bob, you never gave them your last name when you joined Trisha's fan club? Incredible. My M&G envelope always has my last name on it. How does the venue ID you without your last name?

garth020762
08-26-2002, 07:04 AM
Yes, its true that the fan club knows your name when you join. And when you pick up the M&G instructions at the ticket window, but when it comes to the actual M&G, one of her staff people handles it all. So when you enter the room, she just knows your first name. The VIP pass that you have with your instructions doesn't have your name on it, just that either you are a fan club or radio station member. Trisha kindly asks your name, shakes your hand and the conversation starts...

In case anyone is curious and I had some people ask already...my actual name is the same as her ex-husband, but people say I look like Garth.

Have a good day!
Bob

diem nash
08-26-2002, 10:09 AM
In case anyone is curious and I had some people ask already...

I can see just one who was couraged enough to ask you public. ;)

my actual name is the same as her ex-husband, but people say I look like Garth.

Well, THAT is weird!!! LOL!

Thanks for sharing, Garth! ;)

Huggs!

Maddy :D