PDA

View Full Version : Nashville... Then Detour to Oklahoma via Arkansas

Monica Lockhart
08-07-2002, 02:45 AM
Our Trip Down Route 66

I will start off by telling you that this past trip to Nashville for the convention was a very special one for many reasons. First and foremost, I had the blessing of meeting someone I have chatted with for the past 4 years and was sooooo excited about that in itself, that was enough to make the trip worthwhile! Sherri aka CaptMorgan and I met for the first time face to face on July 26.

Let me set the scene… anyone seen the movie "Steel Magnolia's"? Remember the line where Clarie (Olympia Dukakis) tells Weezer
( Shirley McClaine) that she loves her more than her luggage? Well.. that is my favorite line it the movie.. and I am forever telling Joyce that I love her more than my luggage…

After the horrendous way my day started, having my car and all my luggage stolen, I just knew it had to get better. When Joyce, Sherri, Mary Liz and Maureen picked me up at the airport I see Joyce standing by the baggage claim area holding a sign up that says: " Monica.. We love you more than your "stolen" luggage!" Now how funny is that! Joyce.. you're the best and always know how to make me smile!

Sherri and I hugged and welled up with tears from all the anticipation of finally meeting for the first time! I was wonderful to say the least!

We all headed to the restaurant Santa Fe for dinner and had a wonderful time. Now, during the planning stages of our trip, we found that Tracy ( Shiner03) was not going to be able to attend the convention. Mary Liz and I planned a surprise trip to Arkansas to vist Tracy so that we could see her again and so that Sherri could meet her while she was in the US. We had planned to keep the trip a secret until we arrived in Nashville and then tell Sherri we were heading on a road trip first thing the next morning. Maureen had driven her van from Rhode Island so we were all traveling via Mo's van to Arkasas. The other part of our surprise for Sher was telling her that we would also be stopping in Oklahoma to see if we could catch Garth. Man was she ever surprised and every bit as excited as the rest of us. After dinner we headed to our hotel to visit.

Saturday, July 27.

We head out on the road towards Arkansas to see Tracy. The trip is a long one. It took almost 12 hours due to the horrific traffic and construction on Interstate 40. Now, one thing I have to tell you is Mo had a special liking to the grooves on the right hand side of the road.. you know the ones that make that real loud noise when your tire hits them to wake you up if you've gone over the line accidentally? Well.. after hearing that noise a little too often.. we switched drivers and I took over for a while. We learned some very interesting and funny terms from Sherri. She loved to describe the jumping and jolting around in the van as " going A$$ over Teakettle". At about the halfway mark between Nashville and Bentonville Arkansas, we went through a tunnel that went through one of the mountains. Mary Liz was in the front passenger seat as Mo was driving through the tunnel.
Mary Liz looked at Mo as she enters the tunnel and says " Beep Beep" meaning Mo should honk her car horn as she drives through to hear the echo. Mo didn't quite understand what Mary Liz was saying, so after repeating it several times, Mo finally looked at Mary Liz and said.. " What, are you the road runner?" I thought we all would die laughing!

We arrive at Tracy's about 11PM. After visiting with Tracy and her family for about an hour, we all headed to Oklahoma. Arrived in Oklahoma about 2AM Sunday Morning.

Sunday, July 28

Knowing that it was Allie's birthday and having no intention of trying to get close to Garth's gates this day. We all stayed in the area of the hotel and relaxed for most of the day. We went to eat at a place called Pepper's. The food was really good, and our waitress was great! She told us that Garth and Trisha had been in to eat there a couple of weeks ago and she was lucky enough to have waited on them.

Monday, July 29

Got up to a late start and then went to have breakfast. After eating we headed to Garth's gates to see if we could catch him coming out or going in. Mary Liz had brought the T4K items with her for the auction, and was hoping to have him sign one of them. We arrived at the gates about 1pm.

Right around 3:30 we see the infamous Blue Chevy Dually pull into the driveway. Garth is not driving it.. nor is he in the truck. Driving it is Emmitt, Garth's ranch foreman. Emmitt stops to talk to us, and we ask him if Garth is home. He says that he is.. but he wasn't sure if he was up and moving just yet. ( Wow.. it's 3:30pm and Garth is still sleeping?) Emmitt says he will head up to the house to see if Garth is up and will let him know we are out at the gates.

About 5pm, we see Sandy pull into the driveway with the girls. She stops briefly to say hello and then heads into the gates to drop the girls off to Garth. On her way back out, about an hour later… she stops again and gets out to talk to us. Sandy looks absolutely fabulous! She's tan, thin and seemed very happy. We took a couple of pictures with her, talked some more and then she headed off. Before she left, she told us that she let Garth know we were waiting at the gates and that he shouldn't be too much longer.

Another couple who lived in Owassa also joined us at the gates, hoping to catch Garth as well. We had a nice long chat with them.. Hi to Shannon and Rick if you are out there reading!

Well, " too much longer" turned out to be much to long.. so we gave up for the day, thinking that since the girls were with Garth he wouldn't have time to visit with us. We headed back to the hotel and then went to dinner.

More to follow.. it's getting late and I have to work in the morning.. will continue with the story tomorrow night.

Moni

PJ
08-07-2002, 01:39 PM
Thanks for sharing Moni, but don't leave us hanging! ;)

andie
08-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Hurry Monica ,Call into work ,tell them your sick and finish the rest of your story!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Brits
08-07-2002, 03:29 PM
Even though I already know how the story goes, I have to chime in and say next bit please!
I can hear Garth stories over and over :)
Hazel

GBronx
08-07-2002, 04:32 PM
I'm with Hazel!!!! Come on Moni!!! Chop Chop!!!

Tony Arata
I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Garth Brooks

diem nash
08-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Tick, tack, tick, tack...

Canīt hear it any longer!!!

Moni, time ainīt running fast enough for us.

PLEASE, hurry!!!

Thanks for sharing the first few things.

:D

Maddy :D

Monica Lockhart
08-08-2002, 02:56 AM
Tuesday, July 30

We got up, checked out of our hotel and then headed for breakfast.
We headed back to Garth's gate and patiently waited again, hoping to be able to see Garth at some point.

We did see Emmitt again, and told him we had no luck the night before and were hoping today would be the lucky day to see Garth. He said he would let Garth know we were waiting again at the gate.

Sandy came to pick up the girls. About 20 minutes after Sandy left we spotted Garth driving up to the gates in his Jeep.

Garth got out of the Jeep and apologized for keeping us waiting but said that he doesn't do the fan thing when he has the girls.. which is totally understandable.

As I am walking up to Garth he said.. "ahhh a familiar face".. we've met before haven't we?" I said yes.. several times and then we hugged. :)

Mary Liz was behind me and she said hello to Garth too. Garth didn't recognize her by face but when she told him her name.. he immediately knew her from Teammates. ( How cool is that?)

Mo went next... and again.. Garth recognized her.. saying it seemed like a million years since he'd seen her.. she told him it wasn't that long ago.. just several weeks prior in New York for the Songwriters Award he received from ASCAP. Mo and Garth hugged and then it was Sher's turn...

Garth looked at Sher.. and said " I don't think we've ever met, have we?" Sher said no.. and I then introduced Garth to Sherri and explained that we had kidnapped her from Nashville after her 36 hour flight from Canada...

Garth was is such a great mood! First off he started joking.. He asked her why Canadian's spell Canada "CDN". She looked kind of baffled and said.." we don't.. it's just the way to abbreviate it. Garth then said.. Oh.. I thought it was C-Ay-N-Ay-D-Ay. LOL That really got Sherri laughing! ( Garth was trying to make fun of how the Candians are know to always say " Ay".

Mary Liz told Garth that we had brought some things we were hoping he would sign for the Teammates auction. After explaining the idea behind the auction and telling him about the PG Convention, he gladly obliged and signed the T4K hat for us.

I told Garth that I was really hoping that "Why Ain't I Running" would be his next single. He told us that he has no control over the music and Capitol is calling all the shots on this album. It was rather sad to hear this, but seeing how happy Garth is with his new life made it a little easier to swallow.

Garth told us that he is really enjoying the screen play writing and just recently turned in his first manuscript. He wasn't all that pleased with the fact that when they returned it to him, it had lots of red marks on the pages :( He did say he was really enjoying it and had a lot to learn.

We did ask him about The Lamb. According to Garth, the script for The Lamb is not what he wants. We all got the impression that The Lamb is not going to happen as soon as we had originally heard.

Now some other interestng tidbits that we asked him..

Garth.. is it true that you went to a yard sale in California and gave the lady a hard time because your CD was marked to sell for 50 cents??

Garth laughed and said..those radio morning shows say anything for ratings... So.. that report was FALSE.

Garth.. is it true that you built the girls a treehouse with a slide and got stuck in the slide?

Garth: Laughs... "where in the world did you hear that?" No, that never happened.

Garth.. did you hear that you were spotted in Michigan, at a bar on the 4th of July weekend, drinking beer and refusing to sign autographs... Oh yea.. and your short too.

Garth" Laughs... Yea I did hear that rumor.. again not true.

When I pulled out my Scarecrow CD cover to have him autograph it for me, I showed him the picture of him in the long trench coat. I told him that he looked just like John Travolta in that photo. He said that was a compliment cause John's a pretty decent looking guy. What?????? And you aren't??

Interesting Tidbit... Take a look at the back cover photo on the Scarecrow CD. The photo with Garth's boots on the fence. If you look on the heel of the boot, you will see two "7"'s which form a diamond. Garth told us that Trisha designed that... and he named his OK ranch "The Double Diamond Ranch". Pretty Cool..

Oh, you might be wondering if his face lights up when he talks about Trisha... well... Thank god we all had sunglasses on! All I can say from what I witnessed.. he is totally head over heals in love with her. The absolute best thing of the entire time we spent with Garth was seeing how HAPPY he is.

Mo had a really special gift that she gave Garth. It was a framed photograph of two very very dear people to him. The photo was of Johnny Russell and Trisha together. When he opened it up.. he was soooo touched and absolutely loved it. Mo got a really good hug for that one!

Mary Liz gave Garth a really cool gift too. She gave him a piece of glass which was engraved with the word Soulmate and then the definition; under that etched in the glass it read " Garth and Trisha".. He told Mary Liz and Mo that he would proudly display both items in his house!

We took lots of pictures, and Garth signed some more things for each of us.

Mary Liz has something for someone here at PG that she had signed and personalized by Garth. I don't want to spoil it.. but remind us to tell you the conversation we had with Garth when Mary Liz was having him spell out this PG'ers name on the item. It was just too funny! We'll post the update when that person recieves their item.

Really that's about it..If I left anything important out I am sure one of my partners will come and post it.

In a nutshell, we had an amazing time with Garth during our time at the gates.. and are happy to report back that he is HAPPY and LOOKING GOOD! Tan as all get out, slim and full of his nervous energy! Boy that man is a fidgeter! He can't keep still. My only complaint is the sunglasses he wore. Didn't care for them at all.. we will post pictures very soon and you all can decide along with me if the glasses should stay or go! LOL .. so if anyone is thinking of the perfect gift to buy him... I'd say a new pair of sunglasses would be top on the list ;)

I will try to scan some photos tomorrow night to share with you all.

Hope you enjoyed the story... we sure enjoyed being there!

Hugs,

Moni

TzeDance
08-08-2002, 04:39 AM
Thanks for sharing the story, Moni!

I really love reading it!

Alyn - Diem

diem nash
08-08-2002, 05:44 AM
Moni, thank you so, so, so, so, so, so very much for sharing those lovely stories with us.
Great to see Garth being sooo happy. Well, actually I havenīt "seen" it yet. I know you have a life so I will do my best to be a brave girl and wait as patiently as possible. But I canīt promise anything! ;)

I am sooo very happy that you could finally meet our favī cowboy and that you had such a blast. And how cool that he signed some stuff for the auction. That was a surprise for the bidders, wasnīīt it?

Very cool! Heīs the greatest! :D

But what a bad boy to tease Sher this way after a 36 hours fly. 36?! Wow! How long will I fly than?! A life long? Why was it sooo long?! Did they fly circles and wrote "I love my crazy friends from Planet Garth!" in the sky? Unbelievable!!! But been teased by our man was worth it, wasnīt it? Itīs just too funny!

Well, I canīt wait to hear the story about the spelling problem. Which name can be sooo difficult to speak especially for Garth?! Well, when I think about it... He even failed with "Canada". That says more than everything. LOL!

Thanks for interviewing Garth. Good to hear, that heīs okay after all he "went though" in the past. ;) I could never ask him, if he stuck in the slide. Youīre real tough! LOL!

I wish I could read his mind while hearing all this. After that I donīt ask, why he always is so nervous and canīt stand still. Poor boy! LOL!

Why is Sandy leaving the ranch? I thought theyīd live on the same. So she could bring the girls back without leaving. Mm!
Iīve heard sheīs looking great and seems to be happy. Great news! Some others met her and took some few pics. Canīt wait to see them either.

BTW. Are you talking about sun glasses like Garth wore at Donnaīs pics? Than I know what you mean. Are those new? Hopefully it wasnīt Trisha who gave it to him.

For me the greatest thing Garth said was, that he doesn't do the fan thing when he has the girls.. How lovely! He really takes being a dad first serious. Well, I never doubted this and his words donīt surprise me. But itīs sooo lovely to hear it "out of his own mouth".

Great to hear about how it goes with screen writing. Well, now he gets it back with lots of red marks. I can imagine that heīs disappointed sometimes, but heīll learn a lot. It started the same with his music and look how it changed. Heīll be a good screen writer one day. Heīs a big dreamer and has lots to tell the world. And he will. I know it! Some hard lessons to learn today, but tomorrow the sun will shine. :D

Sad to hear about how it goes with "The Lamb". I hope itīll be better soon.

What a sweet story about the boots at the back of the "Scarecrow"-Cover.

Moni, I not just enjoyed the stories, I loved it!!!

Thanks a lot!

Huggs!

Tiggerlou94
08-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Thanks, Moni!!
It was great to read of all your adventures with fellow PG'er and about your meeting with Garth, thanks for sharing! It made my day, now I think I can handle a day at work.
Sounds like Garth is doing and looking great, I am so happy for him, that he is happy and content with life, nobody deserves it more!!
Anne
PS: Can't wait to see pictures!

Teach
08-08-2002, 10:14 AM
Moni,
You are a born storyteller. Maybe, you could help GB with his screen writing. :D I looked on the booklet of Scarecrow and saw the 7's. Had a great time at the convention and hope to see you next year. :)

Teach

febbaby
08-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Great story Moni!
Love to hear all is great with Garth! Can't wait to see the pictures. I would love to join everyone at the PG Convention next
year and meet everyone in person. It sounds like a great group and a great time!

ProducerJ
08-08-2002, 11:09 AM
I have a few photos the girls brought me back from the trip and will post them here if you like. They shared with me, now I will share with you!

This is the photo that Mo gave him.

ProducerJ
08-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Here are the sunglasses. . . .

ProducerJ
08-08-2002, 11:23 AM
Sherri came a LOOOONG way for her first Garth Hug! (she was not disappointed)

ProducerJ
08-08-2002, 11:30 AM
Ok Moni left something out so I'm going to tell on her. :p

For the past 5 years, I've thought if I ever had the opportunity to see Garth outside of work, I'd love to have him sign the picture I have of him and Delaynie. So here was my big chance, and I'd blown it. I don't know why, but I didn't think of sending the picture with them until they were on their way.

The night after they get back the girls were over at my house for a pina colada party and we were going through the pictures and they were telling me about their trip.

Moni came over and gave me this picture, which made me cry.

ProducerJ
08-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Moni had a little picture of Delaynie and GB that she carried in her wallet, and she had him sign it. Is she not the greatest????
:D:D:D:D:D
J.

TammyLS
08-08-2002, 11:45 AM
What a great story to read--thanks so much for sharing this wonderful trip with us, my goodness that sounds like a LOT Of FUN!!! And I'm so glad to hear that he is so happy! VERY COOL! And the Trisha tidbit about the boots--Gotta love that(hope you don't mind that I share that over at ty.com)...Thanks again for sharing, and the pics!

ProducerJ
08-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Here's Sandy and the PG gals. :)
J.

GBronx
08-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Joyce, Thanks for the pictures!!! How fun!!!
Monica!!! I agree with Teach!!! We should tell Garth
about your storytelling abilities!!!
AND how sweet of you to get that Picture signed for
Joyce!!

Tony Arata
I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Garth Brooks

Brits
08-08-2002, 02:23 PM
I've seen him in those sunglasses before, and the first thing that went through my mind when I saw them was: "Geek!" Honestly, they're the geekiest (is that a word?) pair of sunglasses I have ever seen. Not saying HE'S a geek... and granted, I'm glad he's wearing something to protect his eyes from the hot Oklahoma sun, but sheesh... He should get a pair like this ---> :cool:
OK, that's my little rant about the sunglasses.

It really is a wonderful story, Mon, and I'm so glad that you all shared such a nice time with him. :)

Hazel :D

Harriet
08-08-2002, 02:29 PM
I loved it when I heard it, and I loved it when I read it! You ARE a born storyteller, Moni...
very very cool pictures too..thanks for posting those, Joyce...and telling us the story of Delaynie's photo...
hugs..
Harriet

racmac
08-08-2002, 03:02 PM
The Sunglasses...

I thought I have heard Garth say that he was introduced to these type of sunglasses when he was playing Baseball and he loves them because they completely block out all the glare. Anyone else here this story about them?? He also commented he loved having them when he went to see Taylor play soccer for the first time because he was bawling and they hid his eyes.

Rachael

angelamccann
08-08-2002, 03:19 PM
If they're doing his baby blues good I'm quite prepared to forgive that they look like a bat settled over his face...

What a wonderful story - thanks for sharing it, Moni! *How hard* can it have been not to mention to Sherri beforehand what was going on? I'd have had to gag myself to keep quiet :)

Angela x

berriffic
08-08-2002, 03:25 PM
all i can say is

awesome!

I am so happy for all you guys!

<3 ber

PJ
08-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Thank you SO much for sharing the pix Joyce! He looked a bit sweaty! ;)

As for the glasses, those are the type that ball players use because they block out all sun, reduce glare, and also keep the wind out of your eyes (especially when riding motorcycles). I don't think they're geeky at all Hazel compared to some I've seen, but I much prefer to see those blue eyes!

bethany
08-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Wow! I’m so jealous…. And so happy for all of you! What a great experience.

Is meeting Garth a part of every PG convention?

Great pictures. It was good to see one of Sandy as well.

Can’t wait until it’s my turn for my first Garth hug!

Jen19
08-08-2002, 05:07 PM
First I want to say that NO meeting Garth is not a part of the conventions we are alwasys hoping one day he will show up and we do invite him every year but that is not the main reason we decied to do them its to keep Garth music alive by making friends and having fun and this year raising money for Teammates. These girls took a extra trip before the start of the convetion to see Garth.

I love the pictures they are awesomme. and even though I think I heard the story 5 times it gets better each time.

And about those Glasses I agree "GEEK" LOL

he also where them or something smilier in Scarecrow.. silly man

and I also don't think Garth's best color is orange..LOL

JEN

gbcrazy
08-08-2002, 05:31 PM
I like the sunglasses and yes Garth was introduced to them when he first started playing baseball with the padres. They are Oakleys.

Hes been wearing them for years now. But heck Garth could wear tye dyed Goofy shirts and I would think he looked good. LOL

Terry

Monica Lockhart
08-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Hey now Jen.... Garth was a man after my own heart that day! He wore my favorite colors! Orange and Blue! Go Gators!!

Moni

GBMOVESME
08-08-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by PJ
Thank you SO much for sharing the pix Joyce! He looked a bit sweaty! ;)

As for the glasses, those are the type that ball players use because they block out all sun, reduce glare, and also keep the wind out of your eyes (especially when riding motorcycles). I don't think they're geeky at all Hazel compared to some I've seen, but I much prefer to see those blue eyes!

I have a pair of those Oakley's (not that style) and they do an excellent job keeping dust, wind and uv's out of your eyeballs. I wear them when I ride my Harley! Garth should get another style of O's though! They do make much "cooler" looking ones....

TrishaNGarthFan
08-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Thanks so much for the story and the pics!

Man is Garth ever lookin' hot these days!!!!!

Sue

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
08-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Thanks bunches for the awesome recap Moni! :D It was so sweet of you to get the photo autographed for Joyce and Delaynie! And Joyce, thanks so much for sharing the pics. I just love the one of Sher getting her long awaited Garth hug!!! :D Love the look on your face Sher!!!

CC

Garthmedic
08-08-2002, 07:31 PM
GREAT story!! Thanks!

--spud--:)

Gß-fÄŅ
08-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Wow!! You ladies don't know how lucky or fortunate you are to go and do what so many of us wish we could also do. I sure would love to be able to make a trip and meet the "man" but there's no way of that for me and I know for others too. It's wonderful of you to share you stories with us and especially fun when you remember to ask him about some of those rumors, that was funny. Oh but who knows, he may have not wanted to admit that he got his butt stuck in the sliding board...lol That one you should have said, NOW ARE YOU SURE...THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING YOU WOULD DO!! :)
What a wonderful treat to see Sandy again. She's as pretty as ever and I'm sure some lucky guy has found her too. That part makes me sad, but if they are happy this way then what else can you say???

Again thanks to all you wonderful folks and PLEASE continue to share. Wish I could throw myself right in the middle of all of that.
Take care!
Tricia

Snow
08-08-2002, 08:52 PM
Wenches, wenches, wenches........ everyone of you are wenches! :p *lol*

*Snow - who is a tad bit green with envy.* :p

Garthfan92
08-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Great to hear the story again. Every time I hear how happy Garth is now, it just puts a huge smile on my face! God knows the man deserves it!

Lisa

Garth_FANtasizer
08-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Well, you ladies are full of wonderful surprises!

The best news is hearing how happy he is! He looks GREAT! God, I miss him to death! What a joy it is to see pictures and read about your conversations with him. Thank you so much, Moni! And thank you, Joyce for posting those pics. Especially the one without the sunglasses! :) It should be against the law to cover up them eyes!

I want a Garth hug so bad! Please, someone describe one to me in full detail! I want to know how it fells, how he smells, everything you can think of! What is it like to wear a Garth Brooks?

~Ann~

no1cowgirl
08-08-2002, 11:55 PM
How very cool girls! :) :)

Brings back memories, good ones :)

Krista

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 01:29 AM
Here is Maureen getting her Garth Hug!

:)

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 01:30 AM
Here's me and Garth.. :D

ProducerJ
08-09-2002, 01:36 AM
You know what's cool about these pictures? Look at the way Garth is standing. It's not like he's posed, standing up straight, smiling because he has to. He's like... draped over you girls, he looks SO relaxed. Like he was just hanging out, wrapped around you. :cool:
J.

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 01:38 AM
Garth...

Need I say more???

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 01:41 AM
This is my favorite...

Garth is talking to Tracy on the phone and holding up her picture that he is autographing of the two of them after the Johnny Russell
tribute.

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 01:58 AM
Love this one!

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
08-09-2002, 02:47 AM
THANKS ELAINE, DIEM, MONI AND ALL for sharing pics!!!!!

I LOVE seeing all of these pics from everyone! Great memories *sigh*

And I agree Joyce, Garth looks relaxed and seems to be just enjoying himself in the OK pics....simply AWESOME pics Moni :D

PS: Elaine ~ Kim and Lisa look great in that pic of us...but my geeeosh my head looks HUGE!!!! Of course, there must have been something wrong with your camera or the film....(yeah right...ROFLMAO! I'll be consulting with a plastic surgeon very soon. :o )

CC

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-09-2002, 03:11 AM
Moni ~ :)

Thanks so much for sharing your guys' story! I'm so glad that your trip to OK and all that waiting wasn't in vain and that you got to see Garth!! Very :cool:

I was wonderin' what you guys had up yer sleeves, heading to Nashville a week early, but never dreamed that after flying to Nashville you were gonna make a road trip out to OK! If I'm a tad green about anything, it's probably that you all had the pleasure of meeting Sandy, something I came close to once, but the girls were with her and so it's never happened. Again, very :cool:, I would love to hear more about what that was like!

I feel like we are all so 'detached' from Garth and what he's doing these days, it was great to hear that he's happy and lookin' good!

Thanks, Moni & Joyce, for posting the pictures, as well! :)

DeeDee

Snow
08-09-2002, 06:17 AM
Moni, that last pic of him that you just posted, where he's grinning ssoooooooooooooooooooooo big really is priceless! It's so cool to see him looking so happy and being goofy! :D

Garth_FANtasizer
08-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Hey! Don't hold out on us, Moni! I noticed some skin knee level! I want a full length shot! Hot dang, he's looking mighty fine!

Did anyone walk behind him with a camera?

What a smile that man has!

~Ann~

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 09:49 AM
Ann,

Tonight I will see if I can dig up some "from the rear" shots.. LOL

But I must warn you... these butt shots are nothing like a wrangler butt shot! LOL

**shakes head at Ann***

Moni

PJ
08-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Thanks Moni for posting more pix. The coolest thing is that Garth has the same Jeep as I do - white with black trim. Maybe we can get our Jeeps together someday and go off-roading! ;)

ProducerJ
08-09-2002, 10:52 AM
By request, the jeep and some skin...

Now, this photo has the classic Mo style of photography.

Garth_FANtasizer
08-09-2002, 11:40 AM
Now we're talkin'! Woohoo legs and toes!

If we could put Donna's picture with the muscle T on the top half of this one, it would be a lot faster for me to undress him with my eyes!

Bring on the butt shots!

~Ann~

GBMOVESME
08-09-2002, 02:29 PM
Ann, Everytime I read your posts, I laugh! Thanks...You're too funny girl!
trish

boppityboo
08-09-2002, 03:24 PM
WOW! I just love each and everyone of those pics y'all posted. Garth is looking sooo hot, it should be against the law to look that good. lol. What a fantastic Garthmoment you guys shared. SIGH........ wish I was there too. Thanks for sharing.

Ellie

justus
08-09-2002, 07:07 PM
What an awesome story!! You made me feel like I was there!
And I love the pics!!!!

Paige

wmcinnis
08-09-2002, 07:44 PM
WOW, what a great story Monica:) I love reading about these Garth moments and feeling the happiness I can only imagine you experience when meeting Garth.
Thanks Joyce and Monica for sharing those pictures....he's looking so good:)
-Susan-

*Got a good chuckle out of his Canada joke*:D

Frankie-20-100
08-09-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Snow
Wenches, wenches, wenches........ everyone of you are wenches! :p *lol*

*Snow - who is a tad bit green with envy.* :p

I'm with you Snow, green with envy. I had to look in the dictionary what wenches meant though... ;p I misread it the first time and read wrenches and thought that can't be right. lol

I thought it was only the French Canadian that say 'Ay' when they spoke English. Glad to know the whole country are 'Ay' impaired. ;)

France

Snow
08-09-2002, 09:27 PM
*LOL*...... no, France........ definitely Wenches!

:pHere's one of them wenches right now!:p

Paula
08-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Oh my Deb...that looks like an alien!

Paula

Snow
08-09-2002, 09:39 PM
*LOL*...... what can I say Paula.... I have unresolved "issues". *lol* ;) :p

As Lee Ann Womack's song goes
I drew horns and blacked out her tooth with a marker
Childish, yes, but she made such a thin little target
I couldn't be happier on my own
But I've got the slightest of a jealous bone
And seein' her with him tends to enlarge it

*giggles, ducks, and runs*

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Deb!

If that wasn't the funniest thing I've seen and read lately I would be really pissed at you for messing up my picture with Da Man!

You are just to dang funny!

Just remember this wench puts in the performance reviews to Sugarbritches when it's time for our annual raises! You better be nice or you won't be getting that BIG Bonus this year! ROFLMAO!!

Moni
aka-Wench ( and proud of it) ;)

Snow
08-09-2002, 10:41 PM
Okay... okay.... I'll be good. I'm counting on that bonus for the downpayment on my Ferrari........ Matchbox sized of course! ;)

But not until I get that wench Cher!!!

Garthfan92
08-09-2002, 10:44 PM
Too funny, Deb!

You girls really got some great pics though. Thanks for posting those. Garth looks great!

Lisa

Vanessa
08-09-2002, 11:38 PM
these are all wonderful and funny pics!! (Thanks Deb! :D) Great stories too ya'll! Seems like it was a perfect time! :cool:

vanessa :)

fuzzwuzz
08-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Terry, actually, I think Garth prefers Micky Mouse. :)

Diane is gonna be thrilled to hear Trisha is behind the design on those spurs. She was the first one at PG to point it out that there were 7 studs and two sevens like in the "G" for Chris Gaines. :)

CaptMorgan
08-10-2002, 12:37 AM
OMG Snow!!! ROFLMAO

That is just too funny! You are absolutely priceless.

Thanks for the chuckles. :)

I'll be scanning and posting some of my pics in the next few days.

Sher

ProducerJ
08-10-2002, 12:40 AM
T H U D !

gloria07m
08-10-2002, 02:25 AM
Loved the pics girls. Thanks for the story too. Sounds like I missed a great time.Garth looks better than ever.

Snow
08-10-2002, 09:31 AM
You don't really expect me not to get the other Wenches do you?!?!?!
*evil laugh*

Garthmedic
08-10-2002, 11:15 AM
:p Too funny :)

--spud--:)

Vanessa
08-10-2002, 11:29 AM
ROFL Deb!! you're terrible!! :p ;)

Vanessa :)

Jude
08-10-2002, 02:03 PM
Wow - what an awesome trip.

Jude

gbcrazy
08-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Dale- I went back and did a little digging and it seems we were both wrong.

It was DONALD DUCK!!

Terry

Garth_FANtasizer
08-10-2002, 07:03 PM
OMG Deb! LMAO! Too funny!

My fav is Mo! Bwahhahahahahaha!

~Ann~ <-- who is to young for depends and to old to be wetting her pants!

fuzzwuzz
08-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Terry, somewhere there is a story about Garth's "lucky" Mickey Mouse shirt that he says he insisted on wearing until it wore out. :) Or, was that Donald Duck? Didn't he have on a Mickey Mouse tshirt the day Amy met him as a Padre?

fuzzwuzz
08-10-2002, 11:55 PM
I forgot to ask if Garth mentioned what his script was about and who he submitted it too? Did he seem really discouraged about the slowness of The Lamb script coming together the way he wants? We know he's had some involvement in writing that too. I wonder why he just doesn't go and finish it himself to his liking or maybe Paramount is giving him a hard time? Any thoughts? Either way, I can't wait to see what Garth is gonna bring us that he says hopes makes the last twenty years look small. Yikes! :)

Glad to hear everyone had such a good time. :)

Monica Lockhart
08-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Dale,

Garth said that the manuscript he just turned in was a drama which is medical related. He said that he was really enjoying the screen writing and was even working with a doctor from somewhere in Texas I think as his medical resource. :cool:

Regarding the Lamb... the screenwriter who is currently writing the manuscript is under contract. I believe Garth said that he's not happy with the script he may end up writing it himself somewhere down the road.

Moni

amd-b
08-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Deb - too funny! I have to say I too wish I could have been there.

To the road trip ladies. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures and stories. It is great to see Garth looking so good and happy.
I really do think I need one of those hugs!
Alexa

Monica Lockhart
08-11-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by diem nash

Why is Sandy leaving the ranch? I thought theyīd live on the same. So she could bring the girls back without leaving. Mm!
Iīve heard sheīs looking great and seems to be happy. Great news! Some others met her and took some few pics. Canīt wait to see them either.

Thanks a lot!

Huggs!

Maddy,

Sorry it's taken so long to answer your question. Sandy had a separate entrance to her portion of the property. Believe me..it's a very big piece of property, and although Garth and Sandy have seperate houses on this property, I don't think that they can just drop in unannounced at either house.

Moni

fuzzwuzz
08-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Moni, thanks for that info. It's interesting to me how a country singer turns into an overnight medical screenwriter. Lol. I can't imagine it! Just how do you BECOME a screenwriter? It must be a culmination of things in Garth he's been wanting to share for a long time, such as some of what's behind The Lamb. That would be very cool if Garth gets even more say in the final product, which is as it should be I think. :) And I wonder too about his Red Strokes Co., as surely, they must have alot to do with helping him get going? At any rate, I can't see him giving up on things he has started, no matter what the setbacks. :)

Kyra1
08-11-2002, 06:30 PM
Sandy moved off the property altogether in July. She didn't go too far, just down the road a bit but they don't share the property anymore.

diem nash
08-11-2002, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all those great pics and stories you shared. I really enjoyed it.

Garth looks great. Well, thereīd been said enough about the glasses. I just wanna say: Maybe he needs such one and however! Heīs a great looking guy and nobodyīs perfect! ;)

Moni, thanks for answering. Itīs all okay! Okay?

You guys are too much sometimes!

I love the pic where Garth is talking to Tracy. He looks sooo relaxed and thereīs the big kid grinning from ear to ear. I just love seeing him like that! :D

And the sunset! WOW! I see him with the kids watching it and enjoying the freedom together. Sooo great! :D

Garth is on writing a medical drama? Well, so I better should help him as soon as possible! Nurses always know more and better ībout that than the docīs. They are just those who get the "prizes" for it, but we have the work and practise. ;)

Well, donīt count on me the near future! Garth and me are on a mission! He, he! And itīll be a great drama! Two dreamers writing it. Thatīll be the best youīve ever seen!

GRTH FAN
08-12-2002, 12:43 AM
Moni, you Gals are soooooooo LUCKY!!!! I'm so glad that you could talk when you met him!! I couldn't say a dang thing in Sheridan when he came up to shake hands that is!!! I could yell "LOVE YOU GARTH!!" when he was about to sing a song though!!
Mary Liz, YOU GO GIRL!! You are a Lucky Wyoming Gal!!!
Donna :);)

GRTH FAN
08-12-2002, 12:52 AM
You Gals are very LUCKY!!!
When he came over to shake hands in Sheridan, I couldn't say a dang thing to him when he was right there in front of me, but I could yell out "LOVE YOU GARTH" right before he was gonna sing a song!! It's in my Garth Moments on PG
Mary Liz, YOU GO GIRL from Wyoming!!
Donna :);)

OKCOWGRL
08-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Okay lets try this again, I posted a long response and lost it when i went to post it said I wasn't logged in.

Very Nice pictures of your trip to Oklahoma. I didn't know anyone was coming this way. I seen the white van but didnt' realize it was anyone from PG or I would have stopped to say hello.

As far as Sandy, she is where shes always been since she moved here years ago. Sandy is living in her old homestead. They remodled the house when they moved here but it still the same place. When the Brooks's aquired thier land they purchased a large amount. Sandy and Garth has since divided the land into sections. Sandy basically lives across the street from Garth he entrance is on the back side of his part of the property only across the street and about 3/4 mile away on a road behind Double D.

Okay now I know you ladies were here for 3 days so I hope you didn't get to bored with our little place as there is absolutely nothing to do unless you go to Tulsa.

Mica

GottaB-GB
08-12-2002, 01:12 PM
I Like Garth's glasses.....I almost got the same frames (before he got his just to clarify) but decided on another model....and got a different lens cut......custom too shoulda went with the others they would have been cheaper.....but I agree once you wear oakley's there's no going back :)

sorry I am a bit slow posting I broke my hand so I'm really slow typing these days lol

Shelley

Monica Lockhart
08-12-2002, 01:16 PM
Ugh Shelley! How the heck did you break your hand.. or do I want to know?? LOL Hope it wasn't a possessed Sprite Machine! ROLFMAO!

Hope your hand heals quickly.. I know it's a pain to have a broken hand!

Moni

diem nash
08-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Get well soon, Shelley!

Best wishes!

Kyra1
08-12-2002, 04:20 PM
Hey Mica,

Sandy had been sharing the property up until July this year but she has moved off it altogether into her own place. It is still quite close to the ranch but it's definetly not on it. I was there during the move. My hubby did some work there and I can say that she moved off the land. Power, water etc.. was turned off.

OKCOWGRL
08-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Your quite right Kyra, Sandy's house is not on the Double D. Other than when she was renovating her house I dont' know of her ever being on there. But the land she moved to is still the same tract of land as the Double D only its fenced off and seperated. It is directly behind Garths property. Double D is off 106 and Sandys place is off Honey Creek its the same property deeded the same and all. At least it has been since I was a child and Sandy and I went to school together. Granted its been a few weeks since I went to groom the horses at Double D and a few weeks since I was at Sandy's but I do know its the same property. The brookses aquired in excess of 2500 acres in one plot not including thier other real estate investments. They have virtually bought what is known as Keetonville Hill.

Not trying to argue just trying to make sense out of what is being said. Like I said I know I've been away for a few weeks, but I lived here my whole life and I know they aquired all the land as a whole. because it stretches as far as Keetonville Highway to Honey creek to 106 to Boggey creek rd. They are virtually 2 spreads in 2 seperate places but if you go out the back of Double D you can be to Sandy's in about 3 minutes. I had heard she was building a new house which would be nice for her and her future plans. The only thing seperating the two tracts is Honey Creek.

Anyway it doesn't matter they are close thats all that matters. Especially for the girls.

Have a nice Day,

Mica

gbcrazy
08-12-2002, 05:58 PM
Monica- You really don't want to know!!

Hey Shell- should i call you lefty? I could get you a pair of those silky shorts with it spelled across the back. Oh no I know I should put Boxer!! LOL

Kinda hard typing with one hand huh?

Terry<--shuting up before Shell breaks her other hand.

GottaB-GB
08-12-2002, 07:42 PM
Terry YOU should be one to talk and you BETTER run I saved my best hand ya know :)

Moni.........Road RAGE lol

NO I'm kidding though that isn't impossible but........well not this time........it wasn't a soda machine either.......did I mention I used to play hockey......and ummmm....well you know how it goes when you have to protect your buddies on the ice.....and well off the ice too......and well.....things happen sometimes LOL

thanks for the get well wishes I appreciate it :)

Shelley

Shannon
08-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the pictures and your awesome story. It is great to hear about Garth.

Did anyone ask him about the love & support cards and donation to Teammates?

Snow
08-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey Mica and Kyra.... thanks for the descriptions! :) That was interesting. :) I'll probably never get around there, so it's nice to sort of have a picture of it in my head.

Take care,
Deb

Kyra1
08-13-2002, 06:44 AM
Hey Mica,

You are right about Sandy building her own place. She bought herself some property and had it done ready for July. She was very happy and excited about it. It was around the same time work was being done on the lake. It's the most beautiful area there, spectacular views especially the lakes and valley. WOW.

OkiecplR&S
08-19-2002, 01:01 AM
HELLO,

So we finally get to talk to our friends we made at Garths Place. Loved the story, and photo's. Of course we cant wait to talk to all of you again to hear how your drive back home went and stuff. Drop us a line and of course we will be contacting Cheyenne, and CaptMorgan and all of your other gals that fit into that Garth mobile...haha.

I say lets start planning our reunion now for that two-day picnic at Garths Gate.....lol

Shannon & Rick

Monica Lockhart
08-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Shannon and Rick!!

Hi!! Welcome to the Planet!

Glad you finally made it here.. :)

I have a couple of pictures for you.. check your email ;)

Monica

CaptMorgan
08-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Hi Shannon & Rick!

I'm glad to see you here at PG, and I kind of thought this would be the first place you'd post to. :) There are some great pictures and stories in here, aren't there?

You've got mail! :)

Sher

CheyenneWindRoper
08-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Shannon & Rick........

Welcome aboard. Glad you found us okay!

Can you email your address to me at:
CheyenneWindRoper@hotmail.com

I have pictures for you!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

dlr5
09-04-2002, 03:05 PM
I am new here!! So Hello to everybody my name is Diane. It was great to read the story and see the pictures! They are awesome. I work for Penn State University, Garth came here and did five shows. It was the greatest! All five shows sold out! I would LOVE to have the opportunity to meet him like you guys did.

You read so much in the magazines about him, but you don't hear how Sandy is doing. She looks wonderful in that picture. I hope she goes on with her life and is very happy. It's sad for the kids that it didn't workout with her and Garth, but if they were not happy together, the kids sense that too.

Does anybody know, if she has anybody new in her life? I wonder how she feels about Garth and Trisha? I saw an interview with Garth that he said he would really love for the day to come that he can marry her.

I just want EVERYBODY to be happy!

diem nash
09-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi Diane!

Nice to meet you! Welcome on board! Ready for the ride? Itīs gonna be a wild one and you never know where it goes to. But itīll be great fun.

Itīs wonderful that you care so much for Sandy. But believe me! Even if we donīt talk about her so often sheīs not forgotten and still loved.
Life is life and things change. But we all wish that sheīll find her complete happiness, too. She was a big part of Garth and without her he wouldnīt be where he is. So believe me! We know what all she did and we love her lots, too.
Sheīs still in our prayers.

Back to the topic!
Some of our lovely Garth-Family here had a blast of a time and the others were there in spirit, too. Thatīs the great thing here. They take you with & think on you and you that canīt be there are in spirit. Thereīs a band between us. Itīs really great. Youīll see!

Enjoy it!

Welcome!

Huggs!