PDA

View Full Version : Trisha on Crook & Chase 08/08/02

racmac
08-13-2002, 07:59 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks to a great friend I came to discover that Trisha was again on the Crook and Chase countdown this past weekend. I thought you all might be interested in what she had to say, she happened to catch that tabloid a while back herself that claimed her and Garth had a fight at the Songwriters Event in NY.

Here is a transcript of the interview....

First they play Thicker Than Blood.

Charlie: Garth Brooks at number 23 with Thicker Than Blood.

Lorianne: Now, we are quite sure that you have seen the tabloid headlines linking Garth with Trisha Yearwood. Well, we asked Trisha about it and she told us that they are first and foremost trying to protect their friendship.

Charlie: Everything else they're taking slowly, seeing each other when they can and trying to keep their personal lives just that - personal.

Lorianne: However, that is not so easy when you're famous like they are and there are such things as tabloids that try to get peoples attention any way they can.

Charlie: Is it flattering to know that the fans care so much about learning more about the relationship the two of you have?

Trisha: Well, its, its understandable, that's the word, you know its, its, we all know how diffficult it is to try and figure out your personal life when nobody's watching what you're doing and uh then when its under the spotlight, it's equally difficult. I think the challenge is just to try to explain to people, um, here's what's going on and people have been very nice, fans have um been very supportive and basically have just said "I don't know what's going on but I just want you to be happy" and that's nice, that's nice to hear and sometimes I say "I don't really either but I'm trying to figure it out."

Lorianne: Yeah, and you know what, to me you make an excellent point because the media is so big that they can take any relationship a person has, who's in the spotlight, and take it to a place that's not even there yet.

Trisha: Yeah

Lorianne: And that can be scary for you guys too.

Trisha: Yeah, and you know the hardest thing is to call your Mom and say O.K. here's what's going to be at the checkout counter tomorrow, and you know, my Mom knows what's going on and that's not the truth but all of her friends will come up to her in the store and go "Oh congratulations" on, you know, the baby or whatever it is, you know, and my Mom will have to say "No, no, no."

Charlie: Have you ever been at the checkout line and looked over and saw something in print about yourself that you weren't aware of?

Trisha: Oh yeah, yesteday (laughs)

Charlie: Really, yesterday?

Trisha: Yeah

Charlie: Oh, I'm sorry about that (laughs).

Trisha: Yeah, yesterday. This is a perfect example and I'll give it and I don't want to give any press to a tabloid but, but I always kind of, out of the corner of my eye, scan the thing because I hate to be surprised and I'll glance over and go "Oh, I'm not on there this week" and it was a photograph of Garth & I that was taken at the um songwriters Hall of Fame that we filmed in New York and he was doing this, he was doing this video interview for something for Steve Wariner and I was um going to go on and just say something congratulations to Steve and I noticed that Garth had something like a speck of something black on his face and I said let me get that real quick and so he kinda has a weird look on his face and I have a weird look on my face, that was what it was, the caption was Garth and Trisha huge fight in front of everybody, busted up or something like that, you know it was this big thing, you know that we had this huge argument in front of everybody and that's really what someone captured a photo of and so I just have to go "whatever", you can't win.

Charlie: Let's set the record straight, was it a booger?

Trisha: Laughs, No.

Lorianne: Now that's going to be on the cover next week, Garth has boogers.

Charlie: I'm sorry I had to ask before they did.

Lorianne: O.K. you have to do, you may have heard about this but you have to do the Julia Roberts thing. She told David Letterman that due to all the paparazzi everywhere she walks around with no expression on her face.

Trisha: Ahh

Lorianne: When she knows that cameras are around she just has a nice smile on her face and no matter what emotion she is feeling her face just stays the same. That way, they can't read anything into it. (While Lorianne is saying this she is talking without really moving her lips).

Trisha: That's true, that's true.

Lorianne: So, become a stone face.

Trisha: (Talking kind of funny like Lorianne was) O.K. (everyone laughs) What else would you like to know?

Play Corners.

Lorianne: Trisha Yearwood with her latest single I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners.

Charlie: And you can bet she doesn't buy tabloids.

Lorianne: Oh no and I bet you her mother doesn't either.

Hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I did.

Rachael :)

Tiggerlou94
08-13-2002, 08:27 AM
Hi Rachael!
Thanks for the post, I really enjoyed reading that, Trisha is just amazing and handles herself so well.
I wish Garth and her all the best always! They both deserve to be happy and I am glad they recognize the very special friendship that they share!
Thanks again!
Anne
PS: Still wearing my giant sticky note:RACHAEL ROCKS!!!! LOL

Paula
08-13-2002, 08:47 AM
Thanks Rachael for transcribing that for us. Gee, I miss Crook & Chase.:(

Paula

TammyLS
08-13-2002, 10:18 AM
Paula, ME TO! I sure wish we could get that show back, ever since TNN went off country there isnt' anything out there to watch! I'd love to see some of those shows come back--Nashville, Now, Crook and Chase, Primetime Country---I'd LOVE THAT!
Thanks Rachael!

ProducerJ
08-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Cool Rachael - thanks for posting that!

Wouldn't that be a sight, to be standing in the checkout line behind Trisha spotting herself on the cover of a tabloid? People need to think that someone they are writing about could be reading what they are saying about them!

It's like when Tim and Faith had their baby and the tabloids were saying she was very ill, very tiny, etc. Tim said they were at the grocery store with the kids and people were looking at them like "what are you doing with that poor sickly child out in public?" and he wanted to shout "LOOK - SHE'S FINE!"

J.

majmom
08-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Ditto, Paula - I really miss C&C. Living up here in the Northeast we get precious little "country" as it is - and I just loved Lorianne and Charlie, too.

Rachel - THANKS SO MUCH for posting - I'm sure it took up a lot of your time but I, for one, really enjoyed it!

Kerry

Garth_FANtasizer
08-13-2002, 06:40 PM
Charlie: Let's set the record straight, was it a booger?

Trisha: Laughs, No.

LOL! Poor Garth!

Just for the record - I would be honored to wipe a booger off of Garth anyday!

Thanks, Rachael!

~Ann~

Garthfan92
08-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Rachael! Trisha handles herself so well in interviews, and keeps such a great sense of humor. I don't know if I could do that so easily being asked about my personal life constantly!

Lisa

Snow
08-13-2002, 11:00 PM
OMG... Trisha always gives such nice interviews. I may not be a huge Trisha fan... but I do admire the lady. :)

The only way I can relate to what she's saying is what it's like with my students. Even if I do some little thing, they all seem to ask me about it. Like if I cut or color my hair.... I'll have 150 of them asking me the same thing. Did you cut/color your hair? After being nice about it the first 20 times... then I start saying stuff like........ no I was attacked by a weedeater.... no I fell into a vat of paint. The bad part is that some of them take a few moments to figure out that I'm kidding. *lol*

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Okay, call me ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY out of the loop these days, but did I hear someone say Crook & Chase??? I was SO excited, just to see their names, with a date attached to it that wasn't almost two years ago!!! So, will someone PLEASE fill me in on this new show of theirs? Is it radio, tv, or what? And when and where can someone see/hear it? To whoever gives me the scoop, THANKS, in advance!!! ;)

PRINWOO
08-14-2002, 01:11 AM
C&C have a weekly radio countdown show, I wish they were still on TV, I miss them.

JMR

9 days!

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-14-2002, 02:38 AM
JMR ~

Hey, thanks much for the info!! :) Now I just need to figure out how I can listen to this countdown show of theirs, any clues in that department? Anyone?

DeeDee

PRINWOO
08-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Chck with your local country stations they may broadcast the C&C countdown, I know that C&C have their own website, but I don't know if they webcast their show from the site.

JMR

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-15-2002, 02:34 AM
JMR ~ Thanks again for your help! I went to the C&C website, they apparently do not do a webcast, as far as I can tell, at least not there, and there isn't much in the way of info regarding stations that carry their countdown. I wrote a feedback letter, asking about stations in my area and also suggesting a page that would list the stations that do carry their show. I'm pretty sure the station I ususally listen to doesn't carry it, but there are a couple of other country stations that we can pick up, depending on where we are at (up the hill or down in town or somewhere in between), so maybe I will get lucky. It's not really the same as tv, which is a bummer, but it would be cool just to hear them, they are so much fun!! They did have a 'script' of a recent show, at the website, so I was at least able to read that. Anyway, thanks again, for the info and pointing me in the right direction! :)

DeeDee

GBheartandsoul
08-16-2002, 03:11 PM
Rachael, thanks so much for posting this for us. I've really enjoyed reading and listening to all of Trisha's interviews. Like Garth, she's always a class act and pretty darn funny.

I miss Crook and Chase too. They seem like such great people and seem to really enjoy their work. They're wonderful with all of the artists and I really love when they talk to Garth.

Seira:)

berriffic
08-26-2002, 11:43 PM
Rachel
Thanks for the post. I love hearing Trisha give interviews. She is always sweet and very open. I also think she has a great sense of humor. And I will make sure to keep an eye out at Target to see if she in shock going thru the check out line.

<3 amber