PDA

View Full Version : Bell Trees?

PRINWOO
08-12-2002, 03:32 AM
Ok, I need help! (no comments from the peanut gallery!)

I was just looking at the liner notes for Inside Out and on the last page under the part where it says all of Trisha's thank you's and the Garth Brooks appears courtesy of stuff, it says..

"No Bell Trees were destroyed during the making of this album."

I don't get it? Can someone explain this to me?

I'm totally confused by this.

Jessica

11 days! 11 days!

TammyLS
08-12-2002, 12:25 PM
Hi Jessica,
Well its sorta of a joke between Trisha and the producer Mark Wright...He Loves the Bell tree instrument--it's sorta like a percussion sounding thing--and he put it ALL OVER the album, and When Trisha heard it she sorta winced. Mark asked her what she thought and that they could alter it some-and Trisha responded with something like-well as long as I don't hear it or anyone listening to the cd doesn't hear it-I'm fine with it! SO they did leave a little of it--you can hear them on a couple songs, but mostly it was eliminated!!...anyway it became a joke and cause for laughter btw. them, so she decided to add the comment about it to the linear notes...hope that helps.

TYJunkie
08-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Jessica-

The story goes something like this. "Bell trees" are an instrument that Mark Wright, the producer of IO, added to some of the songs on the album. One day when Trisha came in to listen to the songs, she heard them and since she does not particularly like the way bell trees sound, she wanted them taken out. They were taken out of all the songs except for a teeny bit in "Love Alone" It became a running joke between the two of them and that's how that comment came about. :)

PRINWOO
08-12-2002, 12:33 PM
I figured that there had to be a joke in there somewhere, but I wasn't sure. I just bought Inside Out with SMI on it so I was flipping through to see what the liner note changes were and that caught my eye.

Thanks for the info!

jmr

11 days! 11 days!