PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird Cafe show

Crewby
08-10-2002, 12:15 AM
I saw on TY.com that Trisha will be at the Bluebird Cafe in late August. It says that tixs go on sale one week prior to the show, I didn't know if anyone here knew how you went about getting tixs for a show at the Bluebird Cafe. I went to their website but didn't see any info. Thanks. I would love to be able to see Trisha and this is as close as she is coming to me this year. Thanks!

Jody

Paula
08-10-2002, 04:21 PM
Here's a link that gives you the info on making reservations: Bluebird Reservations (http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/about/reservations.shtml). Good luck...it's most likely going to be sold out quickly, particularly since the Bluebird is so small.

Paula

DixieChick4GB
08-10-2002, 08:26 PM
This does sound very promising, doesn't it?

from http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/calendar/

Monday, August 26, 2002

8:00 Turner South TV Taping with Trisha Yearwood; $22.00

Turner South TV Taping with Trisha Yearwood - The Bluebird continues its celebration of its 20th anniversary with another television taping for Turner South. Tonight we have Trisha Yearwood who played the Bluebird stage before ever getting a signed to a deal. Now she is famous and will be joined this evening by some of her cool friends. This is a show you won’t want to miss.

fuzzwuzz
08-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Could someone share about Trisha's performances at the Bluebird from the past? Does she go there often?

PRINWOO
08-10-2002, 08:49 PM
Let's see, I have tickets to Trisha's show on the 23rd, Nashville is 5 hours away and I'm on vacation that week. uummmmm! Tempting!

Jessica
13 days! 13 days! 13 days! 13 days!

Jen19
08-12-2002, 02:16 PM
I will be there :) !!!!

JEN

DixieChick4GB
08-12-2002, 03:43 PM
I think I'm turning green, Jen! ;)
Elaine

ProducerJ
08-13-2002, 11:24 PM
Jen - didn't you mean to say "Joyce and I will be there???"
LOL
J.

Jen19
08-14-2002, 12:40 PM
Yes dear Joyce :) ......

JEN

garth020762
08-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Hi,
For all of us "yankees" up here in the north...:-)
who don't get Turner South on my Direct TV...

Anybody be willing to tape the show on standard play (best quality) VHS tape?

Let me know please.

Thanks.

Bob

Jen19
08-23-2002, 11:11 AM
I will try and tape it when it comes on.. if anyone know that date please post it so I don't forget to tape it..

Also Sad news I didn't get tickets, they sold out in 45mins. I gonna try and go standby at least I will be able to listen from outside.. I will post on tuesday .

JEN

berriffic
08-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Desperately waiting to hear how it went tonite at the Bluebird......I meant to head on down and just listen from the parking lot but I got asked to foster 6 week old kittens today and there was just no way I could leave the little guys their first nite with me!! So I want DETAILS!!! Joyce??? Jen???

LOL

<3 ber

andie
08-26-2002, 11:55 PM
Me Too!!!!!

staceleeb
08-27-2002, 02:16 AM
Hey everyone,
This is my first time posting here. I just did a long post over at Trishayearwood.com about my experience at the Bluebird tonight. Tomorrow I'll post more about it here, but I'm really tired right now. I got to talk to Trisha after the show tonight! I still can't believe it!!

Jen19
08-27-2002, 10:05 AM
Hey it was an amazing show. Trisha looked great. Thanks so much for another Garth angel that got me in.. it was really a great show. They messed up alot of songs which is way funny and had to do it over for TV. I wish you could get a copy of the unedited version.Trisha even told a dirty joke to make us laugh out of a very sad song. I did get to meet her and hopefully my pic will turn out but it was quite dark in there. I got to talk to Johnny Garcia for a bit he is a funny guy. Unfortunately most of the people that where in there were "industry folks" and the good fans where outside but some did get in after a break they took. It was alot of Trisha just sounded amazing. I will try and do a song list but I'd prob mess up. songs I reemeber are "She's in Love with the boy", Xs and Os, Perfect Love, Melancholy Blues, Real Live Woman, For a while, The Song Remembers When,The Wrong Side Of Memphis, Walkaway Joe,Like We Never Had A Broken Heart.

I think that is all of them..
the other two songwriters where very talented ladies.. They have wrote alot of hits and had great voices. It was an amazing nite at the Bluebird ans sure was great to see Trisha she sure looked happy :)

JEN
PS:Welcome Stacey ..were you the girl behind me :) glad your posting. PG rocks ;)

NFerris
08-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Does anyone know when this will be broadcast and on which station?

Naomi

GBRed7
08-27-2002, 10:36 AM
I know that it's gonna be broadcast on Turner South, but I'm not sure when. If it's anything like the Songwriter's Hall of Fame taping it probably won't be on for a couple of months!

:)
Christy

staceleeb
08-27-2002, 11:08 AM
the owner of the blubird said they don't have an airdate yet. If anyne finds out, please post! Maybe we'll be able to see me looking in the window!!

Greeny
08-27-2002, 12:43 PM
I wanna know what the joke was! someone also mentioned it at TY.com but no one is saying it!

Monica Lockhart
08-27-2002, 01:15 PM
Well Greeny.. If it's a dirty joke.. it's probably not appropriate to post on the forums.

I'd love to hear it too.. but we'll have to do it through email or PM.

Sorry..

Monica

Greeny
08-27-2002, 01:16 PM
WELL THEN.........could someone PM me with the joke?

berriffic
08-27-2002, 01:18 PM
LOL I can see mass emails sent out of one little dirty joke by trisha! LOL I bet she would think that was funny! :)

<3 ber

Greeny
08-27-2002, 01:24 PM
lol :D I just wanna know what it was three people have mentioned it and no one has said it

GarthnTrisha
08-27-2002, 01:37 PM
Trisha and a DIRTY JOKE!? Oh PLEASE PM me this one! HEHEHE

Greeny
08-27-2002, 01:44 PM
See it interested her too! ;)

GBRed7
08-27-2002, 03:25 PM
I wanna know what it is too! It's gotta be good!

:)
Christy

Greeny
08-27-2002, 03:30 PM
hmmm....berriffic mabey you were right? lol :D

Jen19
08-27-2002, 04:01 PM
Moni if you think I shouldn't have posted this you can delete it.. Its acuttly kind of an old joke but hearing it from Trisha was too funny..

A man walks in to a doctors office dressed in nothing but saranwrap and the doctor says I can clear see your nuts...

LOL

JEN

Monica Lockhart
08-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Guess that's not too bad... :)

Too funny.. Wish I could have heard her tell it..

Moni

Greeny
08-27-2002, 04:05 PM
lol now I wounder if they will leave that on the teliveised portion

JessJay19
08-27-2002, 04:52 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!! I can so see Trisha sayin that! She is too funny! i hope they leave that on the tv portion!

berriffic
08-27-2002, 07:09 PM
LOL....Thats not bad at all! <giggle> I was thinking all sorts of horrible things! LOL

<3 ber

NFerris
08-27-2002, 09:12 PM
Funny one! I can't picture Trisha telling that joke! Must have surprised a few of those in the audience :)

If anyone does tape this show, I'd be very interested in a copy... please.... :)

Garth_FANtasizer
08-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Trisha! tsk, tsk! Do you kiss our man with that mouth?

LOL J/k GF! You crack me up!

~Ann~

Garthfan92
08-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Sounds like a great show! And she was obviously funny, as usual. Hope to hear even more details.

Lisa

TammyLS
08-28-2002, 02:48 PM
Oh my gosh, How FUNNY is that?! I would Love to have heard that-_I've heard her joke around and such before, but that's way to funny, I LOVE that Trisha is just Soooo real, and not afraid to be herself! Love that! Thanks SOOO MUCH for sharing the night with us, and the joke! Yes, I'd love to hear more about the night....
And I PRAY to see it when it airs....

Jen19
08-28-2002, 02:53 PM
I doubt they will leave the joke in there because she said I hope editing will take care of this.. so I don't think they will leave it on. It did shock alot of us and then she said and that is my cleanest joke..LOL she is a funny girl.

I'm trying to remember other details.. Before she sang "The song remembers when" well she told us that she had just come from the memorial for Denny Purcell a music engineer that had worked on almost all of her albums. She did the song for him.

I found this article that was posting on the Garth about the memorial-

Brooks, Yearwood Among Purcell Mourners
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood were among the musical luminaries who attended funeral services Monday (Aug. 26) for Nashville mastering engineer Denny Purcell. (A mastering engineer does the final adjustment and balancing of sound before a record is manufactured.) Purcell, who was 51, was found dead in his office at Georgetown Masters on Aug. 22. A source who attended the services at Harpeth Hills Memory Gardens Funeral Home reports that Nanci Griffith sang “It’s a Hard Life” and John Prine “Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow).” Musician-songwriters Josh Leo and Vince Melamed performed “In My Life.” Singer Gail Davies also spoke to the mourners about Purcell’s importance to producers and recording artists. 8/27/02

There was some kind of dealth theme going and in a strange way it was funny, sounds bad but it wasn't , Matraca Berg told how she wrote a song while drinking whiskey with Harlan Howard's kids after his memorial.. I think the song was called. Bad Men and Bad Whiskey something like that its gonna be on Denna Carters new album, if I remember correctly.

so if I think of anything else cool I'll let you know ;)

JEN

fuzzwuzz
08-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Can anyone tell us more about Mr. Purcell, his work with Garth, Trisha, and the industry, and cause of death?

PRINWOO
08-28-2002, 07:46 PM
Mr. Purcell was I think either the owner or one of the owners of Georgetown Masters in Nashville, they do the final sound mixing/editing before an album is made. Mr. Purcell was 51 years old and it was speculated, not confirmed that he died of a either a heart attack or a stroke. He has worked with tons of artists in all genres of music including I think all of Garth's albums and most of Trisha's. He is noted for his innovations in recording and at the time of his death was working on a new project involving recording technology. He was obliviously a very special person who touched the lives of the people he worked with and will be sadly missed.

JMR

PRINWOO
08-28-2002, 08:10 PM
More info from countrystars.com, this tells a little more than the cmt.com article.

NASHVILLE'S MUSIC ROW SAYS GOODBYE TO GREAT ENGINEER
Unless you're the kind of fan that reads every credit on a CD cover, you won't know the name Denny Purcell, a mastering engineer who died suddenly late last week. His passing saddened those involved in the Nashville record making community, many of who attended his memorial Monday. Few fans will know exactly what he did to a record, but they benefited from how much he contributed to each one, utilizing his art to perfect the final process before an album goes into duplication. Purcell mastered over 8,000 albums with over 500 of them earning precious metal, Gold or Platinum.
Vince Gill told the Tennessean, "The mastering process is like framing a beautiful piece of art. He really cared about it. What a great lover of music. He would listen in an entirely different way than most people would. I just trusted him.''
Our friend John Dotson noted, "Rarely in my 30 years here have I seen so star-studded and touching an event for a member of the community whose name would not naturally roll off the tongue of at least a million record buyers. Collectively though I am sure his name and mark are on tens of millions of records."
In addition to industry executives, most of the biggest hit producers were there as well as performers like John Prine, Nanci Griffith, Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks.
Note: Over the years Garth Brooks has been laid back and unpretentious as he generally drove himself to and from Nashville events. And, Garth drove himself and Trisha to Purcell's service in his "real deal" farm truck. No entourage or special recognition, they stood in the back with others who didn't get a seat and paid their respects.

JMR

fuzzwuzz
08-28-2002, 08:17 PM
Thank you so much JMR for answering me by sharing that. :)

Vanessa
08-30-2002, 11:52 PM
thanks for the article.. how very sad :( He will be missed greatly :(

Earth has lost a friend but Heaven has gained an angel :)

Vanessa

ProducerJ
09-14-2002, 04:51 PM
I noticed Trisha's site lists the show as including Matraca Berg and Crystal "Gale". Aside from the spelling of Crystal's name - is that right? I've never even known of her to play the Bluebird. (But would love to hear that!)

For those of you who were there - did Crystal show up?
J.

fuzzwuzz
09-15-2002, 01:17 AM
She did at King Center in Melbourne, Florida. I saw a framed photo of her displayed from a concert she did there back in 92 or 95? Same with Dolly. But guess who's photo greeted me first last night as we went toward our seating section? Trisha's! It was from May 95 I believe. After that I saw one for Willie Nelson earlier that same year. I took photos of those two. :)

fuzzwuzz
09-17-2002, 10:17 PM
Trisha Yearwood recalls in this excerpt from the book:

"Right after I signed with MCA Records in 1990, I had to do a showcase for the entire record label, of songs from the first album. I had never met half of these people, and of course I was terified. I would be doing my show at the famous Bluebird, which made me even more nervous. I remember sound check in that empty room and knew that the nervousness I felt with no one there would only be magnified by ten by the time the place filled up that evening. I had bought a pair of black leggings and a gold jacket for the occasion. I remember that I had gone to a cloth store and bought a shiny button for the coat to replace the ordinary-looking one that it had so that I would look more like an 'artist'!
The night ended up being magical and memorable, and the beginning of a wonderful career and wonderful friendship with the Bluebird. It is one of the historic sites in Music City for me and for all. I'll be someone is stepping through that door tonight, with that nervous anticipation of wondering who they'll spot, or even better, who they might meet. The dream goes on. I'm proud to be a part of it all."

more:
http://countrymusic.about.com/library/weekly/aa090902a.htm

Paula
10-04-2002, 06:40 PM
For those who get Turner South (I don't...:(), I got an email today from the Bluebird...
A few reminders and notices for all of you before the weekend. The first is our TV taping with Trisha Yearwood, Matraca Berg & Bobbie Cryner will debut on Turner South on Saturday at 8PM EST. Make sure to check it out!!...so don't forget to set your VCRs.

Paula