PDA

View Full Version : Pictures From The Convention

DixieChick4GB
08-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Ok, I'll start but the rest of you have to finish. :)
PS It was a wonderful experience with great Nutts!
Elaine

TzeDance
08-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Elaine

I'm so glad you got home safely. I'll post mine later on when I got time download them...

Everyone is just so great and sweet ;-)

Alyn - Diem (How's about that???;-)

Snow
08-04-2002, 10:04 PM
WOW! We're famous! *lol* ;)

Garth_FANtasizer
08-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Very :cool: Elaine! :)

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
08-04-2002, 10:44 PM
"And you ain't seen nothing till you been, at the motel, baby, at the Holiday Inn." ~Elton John, from the album Madman Across the Water :)

Ok. Shoot! Tell us EVERYTHING!!! :)

berriffic
08-05-2002, 12:11 AM
LOL...I think we are still recovering. Elaine...so glad you made it home safe darling!!!

<3 ber

diem nash
08-05-2002, 05:56 AM
VERY COOL!!!!!!!

Weīre famous? Mm! Iīd better say we get noticed finally. Well, no surprize, cause weīre just to big not to be seen! :p
Weīve been famous long before! ;)

Very cool! Really!

Canīt wait to hear all those stories and watching all those pics.
So P-L-E-A-Z-E hurry! Canīt wait any longer!!!

Love ya!

Maddy :D

ProducerJ
08-05-2002, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't even know where to begin telling stories, but I will start a "convention highlights" thread and see if we can't get them going.

I think everyone is pretty worn out. I was asleep last night by 9pm! LOL
J.

ProducerJ
08-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Diem has some great pictures online, I hope she shares some of them here.

In the meantime, here's proof I really was at the gates.
L-R
Maureen, Sherri, Me, Monica

diem nash
08-07-2002, 07:49 AM
Naaa! Cīmon, J! Itīs not you!

This lady looks so kind, friendly and beautiful. It canīt be you!!!

:p

:D

TzeDance
08-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Here is the link to my pics:

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=79736190203.50954922503&n=1899333795

Hope you like them,
Alyn-Diem

DixieChick4GB
08-07-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Diem, those are great!
Elaine

Garthfan92
08-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Diem, you did get some great pictures. Thanks for sharing those.

Lisa

ProducerJ
08-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Ok Elaine - I know you had to have taken more than one picture! Come on - share! :p
J.

diem nash
08-08-2002, 05:39 AM
Hi Diem!

Nice to meet another! ;)

Thanks for all those great pics. Man, this were lots! I really enjoyed the journey. :)

But could you maybe explain who is who? And who is this lovely Goofer?

Thanks!

TzeDance
08-08-2002, 10:03 AM
:-) I hope I got it spelled right...
Goofer is Garth's ...

My sis is not a Garth fan but she's definitely a
big Goofer's fan since he posed for her so well
before ;-)

I'll try to put all the names into the pics today so
you can tell whom is whom ;-)

Alyn - Diem

TzeDance
08-08-2002, 10:12 AM
Actually, Got to say something ..
Somebody check this for me, Goofer's
Garth's or one of his neighbor's since I always see
hom around but I never saw him inside the Gate ???

GBShameless
08-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Okay Maddy I will try to tell you who everyone is, here goes

Left to Right - First Row

Maureen "Mo", Amber "ber" in the green, Monica sitting in front of Amber, Sarah (Dakota's Nana), Lisa, Dakota, Mary Liz, Jen and Alyn-Diem

Left to Right - Second Row

CC, Sher - CaptMorgan, Robin (me) behind Sher, Teresa (behind me), Kelly (Dakota's Mom), Harriett, JoAnn, Kim (behind JoAnn), Hazel, Elaine, Paula, JD (Behind Paula, Teach's husband), LeeLee, Teach (behind LeeLee).

Oh that was tough, I hope I got everyone right and if not I apologize.

Robin :) :)

Monica Lockhart
08-08-2002, 12:06 PM
You did a great job Robin!!

Thanks for doing that! :)

Blue4GB
08-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Just want to say i had a great time at our 2nd annual PG convention! It was great to see familar faces and the new ones who came this year! as to put a face to some of the fans on here:) Thursday night we all met at cookers resuarant and got out PG t-shirts! amazing nice shirts!Some went to the gates after dinner. then Friday morn we went to the pancake pantry..awesome pancakes I had the Chocolate Sin crepes with raspberries }:) prices were very reasonable and man they are always crowded.then we went to GB mangemant and it was open so we went inside to look around and take pictures. then we walked on over to jacks tracks but we didnt get to go inside because someone was recording. then back to the hotel to get ready for the auction:) the auction started with a fiddle solo from our youngest little GBfan Dakota who dressed to the tee of a miniture cowboy! He was so adorable from his black cowboy hat to his toes in Ropers shoes!and then the there was a lot of cool stuff evryone brang and Jen did a great job being the actioneer. and Joyce does make a beautiful Vanna white showing the items...lol and Mary Liz did the recording on the winners. we had a lot of fun. I was glad to see the Garth Scarecrow Banner I brought went for $65 dollars:) and I was amazed at the amount we raised for the kids. then we went to get ready for our night at the Bluebird Cafe... awesome time we had there! I 'll let some one else take over now. this post is getting long.hehehe sorry
later , KIM

Harriet
08-08-2002, 01:56 PM
ok, I'm trying to make good on my promise to check in here at PG more often, and I'm so glad I did! Those pictures are all so wonderful...thanks for sharing them...when I get mine made up I will have them put on a disk as well, and then I'll try to get someone to show me how to share them, lol..I registered at OFOTO so I'm hoping I can follow their directions, lol...
alyn, you are a great photograper..that picture of us on GBM's steps came out so good, as did all your others...and I loved that one that Elaine took proclaiming that the convention was in progress...how cool was that?
as for the weekend...it was very very special...there are no other words...
good times, good friends...$2,777.77 raised for the kids...all in all I'd say it was a rousing succcess..I think the auction should be an annual event...
Jo and I didn't get to go to Cooker's on Thursday because we were in charge of hiding Ms. T...she was cooking up a "gotcha moment"..I'm happy to say that it came off without a hitch outside the Pantry..it was so funny how Joyce didn't even realize she was standing right in front of T with her back to her..the look on her face when she turned around and saw it was T was just priceless!...T is now seriously considering changing her screen name to Teresa Teresa..as in "you're TERESA, Teresa?" LOL...
The Bluebird was awesome..Jo and I were at the table from hell off in the corner where there was no air whatsoever, but we got cool at the bar where amber and sherri and moni put cool cloths around our necks to keep us from wilting...keep your eyes peeled for Trent Tomlinson and Colt Prather...two of the writers there along with Kent, and Bob DiPiero..they are awesome...Pat Alger sat in, and so did Kix Brooks..that was really special...Kent sang Why Ain't I Running..that was the first time I had heard it sung live...very special...we took one large group picture at the BB with Kent...I think it's on Mary Liz's camera..she said she would post it as soon as she got it back...both Kent and Pat were given convention tags which they wore proudly...
that's my update for now...will try to post more in due time!
hugs!
Harriet

Jen19
08-08-2002, 03:49 PM
I love reading all these moments from diffrents point of view :)

I haven't gotten all my pics back but the first roll which I will scan all the goodone soon but here is a little tease...

Dakota is too cute :)

Jen19
08-08-2002, 03:55 PM
And here is anothor picture from Thurs nite after dinner at the gates..

JEN

GBShameless
08-08-2002, 04:02 PM
In the gates one is that Sarah, hiding behind the branch, LOL.

Thank for posting those Jen

DixieChick4GB
08-08-2002, 04:23 PM
The Bluebird was awesome..Jo and I were at the table from hell off in the corner where there was no air whatsoeverWell, CC and I were in the aisle from hell - they ran out of seats so we just stood there as they kept promising us "we haven't forgotten you, we'll get you seated shortly". Shortly never came. I was sweating buckets and continually wiping my face on my already soaked shirt. But in spite of the heat and lack of a seat, the Bluebird was the highlight of the trip for me (I'm not including the auction and the fellowship with the other Nutts - that was beyond measure!) :)

Elaine

GBronx
08-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Kent sang Why Ain't I Running..that was the first time I had heard it sung live...Harriet [/B]

Harriet...do you mean ever..or the first time live by Kent??

Because we saw and heard Garth sing it when we went to The Rosie Show
with Caroline as guest host!!! 'member??

Boober Huggs,
Jo

Harriet
08-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Great pictures, Jen! and it's so funny how the whole lot of you narrowly missed seeing T and us up there...the whole surprise would have been ruined!
Elaine and CC, I didn't know about the troubles you had at the BB...as I recall, the receptionist didn't treat some PG'ers with the respect they deserved...

Harriet

Harriet
08-08-2002, 05:15 PM
DUH!! My sistah to the rescue...my Sometimer's is kicking in...how could I have forgotten that?? Someone smack me upside the head fast, and jog this ole memory...I'm totally embarrassed!

Booberhugs back atcha!
Harriet

DixieChick4GB
08-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Alrighty, I'm gonna try to post some pix but I am technologically challenged so who knows what may happen.

1. The best tattoo I saw (Sorry it's blurry - I'm not too good with a camera)

Elaine

DixieChick4GB
08-08-2002, 10:49 PM
2. Two-thirds of the Louisiana contingent - Kim (Blue4GB) and Mary Ann (Teach)

DixieChick4GB
08-08-2002, 10:52 PM
3. The other third of the Louisiana bunch - JD (Teach's Husband) What a trooper these few guys were (I think Glenn and Christian were the only others)

DixieChick4GB
08-08-2002, 10:53 PM
4) 3 Very Cool Chicks!

DixieChick4GB
08-08-2002, 10:56 PM
5) NY's Finest by far - Harriet and JoAnn

DixieChick4GB
08-08-2002, 10:59 PM
6) The Three Stooges - ;) oops, I mean Hazel (Brits), Diem/Alyn (Tze Dance) and Elaine
These characters were great roommates! :) :) :)

Garth_FANtasizer
08-08-2002, 11:10 PM
These pictures and stories are great! I love seeing all of my fellow PGer's!

Robin - Very :cool: Tattoo!

Thanks, all!

~Ann~

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 12:48 AM
Here's Dakota... playing the fiddle for us!

What out Jimmy!

Dakota.. buddy you made us smile so wide and really did awesome playing that fiddle.

Thanks for sharing your special talent with us!

We love you!!!

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 12:54 AM
Here is me and Sher... at the gates

Love this one! Gotta frame it!

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 01:03 AM
Here is Mo,Joyce, Sherri and me!

Harriet
08-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Thanks for posting all those pictures! I can't believe it's been a week already...where does the time go?
I miss everyone!
hugs..
Harriet

lee512w
08-09-2002, 12:07 PM
Here's a couple of the pictures that I took,I'll really have to brush up on my photographing skills by next year,all I got were a lot of blurry pictures,with only a few turning out! :mad:

Leelee

lee512w
08-09-2002, 12:15 PM
Oops let's try again!
Leelee

lee512w
08-09-2002, 12:19 PM
Yet..... another
Leelee

GBShameless
08-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Great pictures everyone, thanks for posting. Boy do I want to go back there :( :(

Mary Liz, did you get the picture back of all of us and Kent at the Bluebird??

Jen19
08-09-2002, 01:19 PM
yeah ML I know your busy but I really hope that pic came out I want to use it to make thank you card for a Kent and others :)

JEN

Dakota's Nana
08-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone for sharing your pictures -- they just bring back all the fun of last weekend.

Did anyone get a good picture of Kix Brooks at the Bluebird? We were sitting behind him and only got side views. I would love to buy a copy or if someone could scan and post it, I can print it out. My friend who gave Dakota the life size Garth standup is a HUGE fan of Brooks & Dunn and I would love to give her a picture. She nearly died when I told her about seeing him. Kelly would also like to be able to print one for Dakota's scrapbook.

I think Dakota is about to get rested up from all his excitement. Thanks to all of you for helping it be such a great time for him.

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Sarah,

I have some great pics of Kix...

I will scan them and post them tonight when I get home.

:)

Moni

wmcinnis
08-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Thanks for sharing all those pictures....it brought back some really great memories from last year:)
-Susan-

Garthfan92
08-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Great pictures(except for me)! Thanks for everyone posting them.

Lisa

Vanessa
08-09-2002, 10:25 PM
Thanks ya'll for sharing your pics, they all turned out great! :D

Vanessa :)

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 10:28 PM
Here is Kix Brooks at the Blue Bird :)

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 10:29 PM
and another... of Kix

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Kix Brooks....

Vanessa
08-09-2002, 10:40 PM
thanks for posting these, they look great Moni! :D

vanessa ;)

Monica Lockhart
08-09-2002, 10:41 PM
Here is the group photo that T's hubby took with my camera!

ProducerJ
08-09-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey Moni - don't you have a picture of Paula to share?
J.... running running running FAST!

TzeDance
08-10-2002, 01:02 AM
I really love all the pictures ...
Now I miss everyone so much after see them all..

Thanks for sharing ...

Alyn- Diem

GBShameless
08-10-2002, 10:29 AM
ROTFLMAO, Joyce, I was wondering when that story might surface, LOL.

Paula
08-10-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ProducerJ
Hey Moni - don't you have a picture of Paula to share?
J.... running running running FAST! I was sorta hoping it didn't come out.:p

Paula

GBronx
08-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Great pictures everyone!! I have some to share too!!
But...you have to go to WWW.picturetrail.com and put
in "jodidiu".
My daughter Gina (the momma to be) helped me with this. It took her 2 hours to upload the pictures.

Monica, I sent your Kicks Brooks pictures to my cousin Ines.
I called her from the BB so she could "be there" with me!!
She loves Kicks!!!
Tony Arata
I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Garth Brooks

TzeDance
08-10-2002, 05:33 PM
JoAnn,

Your pics are great! And with the music ;-) I love your site ..
Thanks for sharing them ...
I can't believe it'd already been a week...

Alyn - Diem

amd-b
08-11-2002, 12:17 AM
The pictures and stories are wonderful! It is really nice to be able to put faces to names, it makes PG seem even more like family.
Thanks for sharing.
Alexa

PJ
08-11-2002, 10:28 AM
For those of you who went to the Bluebird share some of the songs the songwriters other than Kent sang that we might all know?

Thanks!

Paula
08-11-2002, 02:26 PM
My memory is bad...if I don't write it down, I more than likely forget it. The one I remember Kix Brooks singing, though, is You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone.

Paula

diem nash
08-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Well, I havenīt been online lately so I couldnīt check it earlier.

And now when Iīve seen all those pics... WOW!!! Thanks a lot! I think Iīm gonna get some night mares - pics coming from everywhere! LOL! ;)

Well, first! Thank you Robin for the "Who is Who". Itīs great to have some faces to the names here. Welcome, pals! ;)

I see and read, that you all had a blast of a time. Thanks for sharing all those pics and memories! :D

And how cool to have the greatest fiddler on board. I can see the fun he had. I nearly can hear him fiddle.

Huggs!

Garth_FANtasizer
08-11-2002, 07:31 PM
I have a question for anyone who was there...

What did the kind folks at GBM think when so many Garth fans showed up at the same time? LOL

~Ann~

ProducerJ
08-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by PJ
For those of you who went to the Bluebird share some of the songs the songwriters other than Kent sang that we might all know?

Thanks!
The one thing that struck me was that Bob didn't do any Pam Tillis songs, or make any mention of her. I've seen him twice before, once while they were married and once shortly after they were divorced, and she was a significant part of his show. (he does a really funny Mel Tillis impersonation too)

I rember Bob did "Church on Cumberland Road" (was that a Shenandoah song??) Riccochet's "Daddy's Money," and George Strait's "Blue Clear Sky," (but left out the story of him and Pam watching Forrest Gump as the inspiration to the song. Bob also did a Neal McCoy song, but it wasn't "Wink"... anyone remember?

The other 2 guys were brand spankin' new, but had some great material.
J.

PJ
08-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Thanks Joyce! I had never heard of the other songwriters so wasn't sure if I would know any of their songs or not. I really didn't realize Bob and Pam had been married.

Snow
08-11-2002, 10:10 PM
What did the kind folks at GBM think when so many Garth fans showed up at the same time?

Hey, that's a great question Ann! I wanna know too! :)

Also, I want to know if the wenches and Garth talked about PG at all and what was said. :p Did you mention poor, poor Snow and Mr. Potato Head to Garth? Huh, huh, huh??? *lol*

Harriet
08-11-2002, 10:20 PM
JoAnn! What a good job Gina did..the pics are really great, everyone's!! thanks for sharing them, people...one of these days mine will be ready too.. :o
my turn to run!
Harriet

Paula
08-12-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Garth_FANtasizer
I have a question for anyone who was there...

What did the kind folks at GBM think when so many Garth fans showed up at the same time? LOL

~Ann~ They were very gracious and allowed us to look at the rooms containing Garth's awards and take pictures. Of course, Dakota charmed the socks off them as well.

Paula

diem nash
08-12-2002, 12:26 PM
You guys know, what!

Maddy got such a lovely garthy thing today. She opened it and read all those lovely comments and greetings from all those lovely people here.

Hey! I really NEVER (!!!) expected that!

It was such a bad, rainy day when she left the house. Maddy stood there in the rain, her eyes got wet, but she had the biggest smile ever on her face. People looked at her - "They say she just went crazy!"...Her heart overwelmed...

Ya know?!

Thank you sooo very much!!! It really means a lot to me!

Maddy loves you all!!!

J, believe me! I will see you some day. And Iīll give you such a HUGE TEDDY BEAR HUG you even canīt imagine in your dreams! :D

Mary Liz, you always amaze me. Ya know what?! Ich liebe Dich auch! Und wie!!! :D

LeeLee, my crazy lillī sister! I love you sooo very much! Thanks for leading it to me and thanks for doing! And youīre right! I WAS there! :D

Thank you to Paula, Mo, Robin, Hazel, Moni, Sherrie, Mary Ann, Lisa, Kim, Ber, Elaine, CC! :D Hopefully I didnīt forget somebody!

You are the greatest!

You know what I sang in my heart when I was downtown than?

"Oh, īcause you move me
You get me dancing and you make me sing
You move me
Now Iīm talking delight
In every little thing
How you move me"

I love you madly!!!

Overwelmed and garthly yours!

Jen19
08-12-2002, 02:14 PM
I got one more roll back,, just one more to go.. I promise I will post them soon..

Joyce, the song your talkin about is " Their Playing Our Song" the Hey Mr.DJ song I requested Bob to play it :)

JEN

ProducerJ
08-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Ah -ha! Thanks Jen. Wonder why Bob didn't call it the "hey Mr. DJ song" ?? :p

:D:D:D <--- smiling at Maddy's smiles
J.

Blue4GB
08-21-2002, 11:00 PM
you did good Elaine! thanks for posting this pic of us Louisiana Ladys:) keep in touch friend:)
your La:Garthpal,huggs, Kim

GBronx
08-21-2002, 11:11 PM
Hey Jen?? How about the pictures?

Jo@nn <-----tapping her foot.

Blue4GB
08-21-2002, 11:31 PM
I just got to see your pictures at Picture Trails! I love how you put GB's song Friends In Low Places so we could listen while we veiwed them! thanks for sharing:) and it was fun being with yall glad we got to meet:)
And Monica you did get some good pics of Kix! thanks to everyone who posted their pics... I will try to get mine out to yall soon...I still have one more roll to develope.
huggs Kim

gbcrazy
08-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Love the pics! Thought I would tell you in case you didn't notice that the lady in the green shirt directly behind Kix's at the bluebird looks like Marilyn Bergman Ascaps President and Chairman.

Anyway great pics.

Terry

countyfair_85
08-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Maddy got such a lovely garthy thing today. She opened it and read all those lovely comments and greetings from all those lovely people here.

Maddy, what was it? A card?

Thanks everyone for sharing the pics...:)

-Diane

Monica Lockhart
08-24-2002, 01:06 PM
Diane,

Yes it was a card that we all signed and sent to her.. :)

Moni

diem nash
08-24-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes, Diane! Like Moni said. Itīs a card.

Well, for me itīs not just a card... ;)

It stands in my living room and smiles at me every day. Another thing to have you all with me 24/7.

I am still moved and overwelmed and show it everybody - if they wanna see it or not! ;)

When I showed it my brother he said itīs a "windling" on it. I donīt know if this is a right english word. My brother is a big fan of those games like Earthdawn. "Lord of the Rings" are characters like there. Maybe you know what I am talking about. You can play it in different ways and once my brother started an online game. Well, I tried it to understand and learn about it. My name was Diem and I was such a "windling". It fits me. And now that I got this card... You know what I mean? Life is full of sweet surprizes. :)

Thank you everybody for this great, great gift!

I love you!

countyfair_85
08-24-2002, 09:46 PM
:) what a wonderful Garthy thing to do!

Maddy...thanks for sharing the pic... I'm glad the card made you so
happy also! You deserve it after all! You always make me
smile too...

see: :D

-Diane

diem nash
08-24-2002, 10:51 PM