PDA

View Full Version : Does Trisha write songs?

diem nash
08-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Well, I have all of her albums yet (As good as I know.), but I never read, that she wrote the songs. The only one I know about is "Main Street" she co-wrote.
So I ask: Does Trisha write songs?

Thank you!

Maddy :D

Garth_FANtasizer
08-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Trisha cowrote a song with Mark Sanders called "If Ever I'm Over You" that was recorded by Michelle Wright. It's on Michelle's "Now & Then" CD.

Here are the lyrics:

If I'm Ever Over You
Mark Sanders/Trisha Yearwood

I have a dream
That keeps coming back night after night
I dream I finally wake up
Wake up without you on my mind
But the sun comes up and there you are
And there's nothing I can do
But I swear someday I'm gonna make that dream come true
If I'm ever over you

And I don't know when and I don't know how
But I know I can't live like I'm living now
Gonna leave behind this hell I'm going through
If I'm ever over you

I fall asleep
Saying the same simple prayer
Lord won't you give me one day
One day without wanting him here
I haven't heard an answer yet
And it's long overdue
But I believe that sweet day will be here soon
If I'm ever over you

Gonna leave behind this hell I'm going through
If I'm ever over you

Gonna leave behind this hell i'm going through
If I'm ever over you
Ever over you
Ever over you

~Ann~

diem nash
08-05-2002, 03:59 AM
Not bad! ;)

Thanks for sharing, Ann!

Huggs!

TammyLS
08-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Yes its a great song--Trisha shows her many different talents once again...she also wrote a song for Kenny called How do I break it to my heart" found on his cd Back Home Again...its a Great song! Trisha has said in interviews that songwriting definately has potential, but right now she doesn't feel she has the time to devote to it-especially with all the great songwriters she has to pick from...I know(well heard her say in interviews)that her and Robert used to play around with it(songwriting).

diem nash
08-06-2002, 05:45 AM
:)

Well, I was thinking about my question a while. I thought that if you are into it - being a musician with heart & soul and passion and over such a long time - that you just can fall in love with the music and even songwriting. Well, sure there are some few real great songwriters out-there and I´d take their songs, too. But I just could write my own songs. I mean a song comes out of your heart suddenly. It´s nothing to "create". The thoughts come when they come. And if Trisha´s sooo in love with it all why not?

Well, just my thoughts.

Thank you for sharing Kenny´s song. Could you maybe post the lyrics? I couldn´t find it?

And if there are some few more songs written by Trisha out-there don´t feel shy to tell me about! ;)

Huggs!

jstensig
08-28-2002, 08:39 PM
I'd also like the lyrics to the Kenny song.:)

It's a WONDERFUL song - but sad.

Jakob

PRINWOO
08-28-2002, 08:56 PM
Last week at the Joliet show Trisha told the story about how either her manager or record company thought it would be really good for Trisha to tour with Mary Chapin Carpenter and Kim Richey and hoped that they would inspire Trisha to write songs. Trisha stated that unfortunately it didn't work out that way because she likes to sleep late and shop at wal-mart. So who knows maybe someday she'll get the songwriting bug, maybe they haven't paired her with the right partner yet?

JMR

Monica Lockhart
08-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Seems to me like Garth and Trisha would make a great songwriting pair..:)

jstensig
08-29-2002, 06:45 AM
Oh yeah - she also co-wrote Main Street.

Jakob

fuzzwuzz
08-31-2002, 09:15 PM
That's right Jakob. Should be interesting to see if she continues to have more input with Gaines stuff. Or The Lamb. :)