PDA

View Full Version : The next best thing!!!

Snow
08-02-2002, 11:43 PM
I just got off the phone with the girls in Nashville! They all sound so wonderful!

CC, bless her heart, rang me up while they're all in line waiting to get into the Bluebird. She rattled off the names of everyone there and they all shouted hello to me! Such a wonderful bunch to think of me while they're having so much fun. :)

I can't remember everyone that CC told me was there but THANK YOU TO ALL THAT YELLED TO ME OVER THE PHONE!!! :) YOU MADE ME WEEK! Heck, I think you made my summer!!! I think I probably broke CC's eardrum with my yelling. Between them yelling, and my yelling she's probably going to need a hearing aid when this trip is over.

I talked for a little bit and I didn't want to run up her cell phone bill... so I thanked them all and said goodbye. I was already so happy... but the phone rang right back and it was them again. WhooooooooHOooooooooo......

I talked with Moni and they all made sure I knew I was missed. It was sweet they wanted to know how Ken was doing. She wanted to know if how the forums were going....... and I told her...... "Awwwwwww..... I'm just letting them do whatever they want". *hehehe* Shhhhhhhhhhhhh....... When the cats away the mice WILL play you know!

After talking to CC, I got to talk to Mary Liz. You'll have to wait until she and the others post all their stories, because they're theirs to tell... but I tell you first she had me crying from tenderness. I'M NOT lying.... Ken had to go get the tissues for me. *LOL* And then she had the tears rolling down my face from the laughter.

I talked to Joyce. What a sweet person! I wonder how she's coping with all those wildwomen that have invaded Nashville. *lol* Now Joyce... if they won't behave, then WHEN I get to go next year, I'll be sure to bring you an Oosik and you can just smack them with it to keep them in line girl!

When they got off the line I was just still so keyed up! I finally settled down and then I realized that I forgot to ask to talk to Paula!!! Darn it! :(

I'm so glad that it seems that the bad stuff that started off the trip has turned into nothing but good times! :D I can't wait to see all the stories written down and the pictures posted!!!

fuzzwuzz
08-03-2002, 01:14 AM
All I can say is, wish I could be there sharing in a piece of PG history. Glad everyone is having so much fun bonding. :)

Frankie-20-100
08-03-2002, 02:12 AM
Wow! I wish I could be there. I tried to go till the last possible day but I couldn't. :( At least you got to talk to them. Can't wait to hear all the stories. Have fun girls.

Snow, maybe next year I'll be able to go too. Just like to know what's an Oosik!!! you know... to be ready for anything.

France

Jude
08-03-2002, 03:25 AM
We are having our own convention today - it was a last minute thing. A few of us are meeting up in a town in Essex - outside London and we are going to meet up with Rick and Jodie.
For those of you who don't know, Rick used to be in a Garth Tribute show called Thunderrolls. He is brilliant.

Hope we have as much fun as you guys in Nashville will have.

Jude

PJ
08-03-2002, 09:34 AM
Hey Jude - if you're seeing the normal crew, please send them my regards.

Also, for those in Nashville, who performed last night at the Bluebird?

Garthmedic
08-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Thanks for that GREAT report, Snow. It is great to hear!

--spud--:)

diem nash
08-03-2002, 05:31 PM
Wow! Thanks for letting us know ´bout the fun you had talking to our lovely bunch of Garthnutts!

Guys, I terrible miss you here, but it´s okay, cause you´ll bring thousands of stories to share. And don´t forget:

PICS, PICS, PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna know EVERY detail and see EVERY pic!!!

Enjoy your time!

$2777,77!!!!!!!

You guys are the greatest and toughest!

Love ya lots!

A HUGE TEDDY BEAR HUG TO EVERYBODY!

Maddy <- Soooooooooooo proud of you! :D :D

ProducerJ
08-03-2002, 06:25 PM
No one has mentioned yet about the special guests? OH MY.

First was Pat Alger. He did 2 songs. Just flew in today from somewhere.

Then, after a few rounds, someone started heckling from the back of the room by the bar. Now, when he'd snuck in after the show began, Robin and I saw him, and kept our eyes on him. He wasn't wearing a hat, but he was still unmistakeable.

So he began heckling, and they told him to put his money where his mouth was, and Kent got up to hand him his guitar and his chair.

So then, Mr. Brooks sat down and began to play, as the crowd went wild! He only did one song, I can't even remember which one now, but it was definately one of Brooks & Dunn's big hits.

KIX BROOKS people! Who did you THINK I was talking about???
J.

Garth_FANtasizer
08-03-2002, 06:50 PM
That was just cruel, Joyce! LOL

I can't wait to hear all the trip tales! Every detail!

Now I'm gonna go cry that I'm not there with you all. :(

Have a blast!
~Ann~

Snow
08-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Yep........ she is an EVIL woman! *lol* Gave me heart failure!

no1cowgirl
08-03-2002, 07:58 PM
MommaSnow-
I was blessed enough to hear from CC last night, too, and WHAT A SWEETIE--She put Kent Blazy on the phone (Mary Liz, too! :)). He made me promise I'd keep songwriting. TOO FUNNY.

They made you PROMISE you'd be there next year, too, huh MommaSnow? Well, you and I can have a family reunion *lol* The long-lost mother and daughter. ;)

Thank you SO much CC, you're such a sweetie and I loves yas to death.

Krista

lee512w
08-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Okay Joyce.............
That was not funny!!!

I would have just lost it if it was the right Mr. Brooks that had turned up at the BluBird.

How great it was for ya all, I hope you all had a great time.

Leelee

PJ
08-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Not funny at all Joyce, but glad everyone had a good time. ;)

Original GB Fan
08-03-2002, 09:32 PM
Hi Everyone! I was one of the lucky ones who got to attend the show at the Bluebird last night. What a fantastic show it was! The talent that was in that room was incredible. The scheduled singer/song writers were Kent Blazy, Bob DiPiero, Trent Tomlinson & Colt Prather. Kix Brooks was in the audience and came up and sang “You’re Going To Miss Me” (at least I think that is the name of the song). Then Pat Alger sang a few songs. I have to tell you that hearing Kent, Bob and Pat sing was like a dream come true.

It was Trent’s and Colt’s first time at the Bluebird. Trent is a wonderful, I mean WONDEFUL songwriter and has penned a few songs on the Emerson Drive album. Colt is a new artist with Sony and has a very nice deep voice and can really pick! He is also very tall and handsome. After the show I had the opportunity to chat with Colt and his wife and they are both really nice people. Hopefully in a year Colt will have his first album out!

It was so much fun to see my fellow PGers again. Even though I have been unable to post as much as I would like, you all and Garth are always in my heart.

I wanted to thank Jen for arranging everything at the Bluebird. I haven’t had this much fun since Limecreek Christmas. Thanks Jen!!!

Have a good evening!

JoAnne (who had very sweet dreams last night after the show)

Jude
08-04-2002, 07:52 AM
OMG!

Superb! Brilliant.

Kent Blazy just has the most amazing voice he really should release a cd!! As for Kix and Pat Alger amazing awesome. Hope someone will post pics.

Glad you all had a good time.

Jude

diem nash
08-04-2002, 04:39 PM
Aaawww!!! Our lovely Joyce! Mean as always! :p ;)

Ya know what, pal?! Your name should not be "producer". It doesn´t fit what you do. Your name should be "story teller" or "Princess of the Fairy Tellers". That´s what you deserve!

HOW THE H... COULD YA DO THAT WITH US?!

Did ya enjoy? May a lightning kick your lovely ...! :p

I´ve always been sooo proud of ya. BTW! You better should do your job! Where´s the next column?!

Have I been mean enough?

Good!!!

Well, great to hear about the fun you all have. I wish Garth was there, but he couldn´t. He gave me some lessions in playing guitar. 3 chords I already know yet! ;)

I wish I could have been at the Blue Bird listening to all those great musicians!

Okay! I am leaving waiting impatiently for all the stories! Stop that convention-thing, go home and type!

Now!!!

Love ya!

Maddy :D

Snow
08-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Krista darling..... It would be the GREATEST pleasure to get to meet my cyberdaughter next year if we can both arrange it. I'd squeeze the stuffin' out of ya with a big hug!

That is sooooooooooooooooooooooo fantastic that you got to talk to Kent. I bet you two just might end up collaborating one day. :D

Be prepared though...... you're going to have to sing for your dear old Momma!

What do you say everyone? I nominate Krista for a big part in next years entertainment! :)

Your biggest fan!
MommaSnow

**PS.... should I bring one of those leashes that they put on toddlers so they don't wander away? I don't want you getting left in any airports!** DUCKS AND RUNS

TzeDance
08-04-2002, 09:56 PM
Just to add to the BlueBird Report...

Pat Alger wanted to to tell you guys all
he said "Hi!". He left early so he didn't have
a chance to do that for us all.
He is very sweet!

Alyn - Diem

ProducerJ
08-04-2002, 10:00 PM
>>I´ve always been sooo proud of ya. BTW! You better should do your job! Where´s the next column?! <<

It's actually been done for a week and a half, but every second I had Brandon's attention we were working on T-shirts. So now that THAT is all taken care of, I'll send him the column in the morning. (After I re-read it to see how outdated it is.)

Thanks for asking. :)
J.

no1cowgirl
08-05-2002, 01:29 AM
There will be NO leashes involved! *lol* I will sing for ya, though.

I'd love to see ya MommaSnow. I'll be there--you better be, too :)

Email me (prchick@hotmail.com) I have some very good news! :) :)

Krista