PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night

Teach
07-28-2002, 02:36 PM
J.D., Kim, and I are arriving in Nashville at about three or four o'clock in the afternoon on Thursday. :D I am sure a few other people will be arriving on Thursday as well. What are the plans for Thursday night? Anybody have any ideas?? Suggestions anyone??? I am getting so excited and cannot wait to see everyone and to meet some new people. :)

Paula
07-28-2002, 03:42 PM
I'll be arriving just before 5 p.m and don't know if Mo or Robin have planned anything. Mo has her car there and will be our mode of transportation so I'm not sure what we'll be doing on Thursday (although I'm sure a trip to the gates will be on the schedule).

Paula

Garthfan92
07-29-2002, 12:17 AM
Maybe dinner and then a trip to the gates? That sounds good to me. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Lisa

Jen19
07-29-2002, 12:41 AM
I'll be leaving work early so I'm up for anything there is live free music downtown I'm up for anything.but dinner and the gates sound fun too . I up for anything
Here is the lineup-
Aug. 1:
Better Than Ezra
Cracker
RANA
Homunculus

http://www.dancininthedistrict.com/

Can't wait to see everyone.

If anyone needs anything let me know

JEN

ProducerJ
07-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Pssst... for those of you out of towners... Dancin' In the District can be a very scary place.....

J.

berriffic
07-29-2002, 04:04 AM
Well there are always other fun stuff downtown on a thursday nites. Douglas Corner, The stage, and the Wildhorse are always fun. Or this is some of the live music going on that nite!

8/1
Showcase for a Cure
Varied artists play for one important cause.
7PM The Sutler
Nashville, TN
8/1
Talent Winner Performs With Palace Band
8PM The Nashville Palace
Nashville, TN
8/1
Thom Shepherd
6PM-10PM Legends Corner
Nashville, TN 8/1
Blues Night at the Ryman: IIIrd Tyme Out
One of the leading bluegrass vocal groups.
7:30PM Ryman Auditorium
Tootsies Orchid Lounge
8/1 Chris Johnson
Time: 10PM
8/1 Tommy Townsend
Time: 6PM-10PM

<3 ber

lee512w
07-29-2002, 10:36 AM
About what time do you all plan on going to the gates? I was going to go Thursday afternoon but I'd liked to be there with people who can appreciate what it means to be there,if ya know what I mean(my hubby thinks it's crazy) We're heading out Wed. morning and should be there and settled in by about six or so that night. I hope to get a chance to meet you all.

Leelee

GBShameless
07-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Dinner and the gates sound good to me also, I get in about 1:00pm, Mo is picking me up, then we pick up Paula when she gets in about 5:00 or so.

Robin :) :)

DixieChick4GB
07-29-2002, 02:11 PM
Do you think any of you will still be at the gates at 7 or 8 pm (Thursday)? That's when I get into town. Would love to meet people up there.

Elaine

berriffic
07-29-2002, 03:52 PM
We should all agree on a time to meet at the gates or a time to meet for dinner. That way those of us who haven't met yet will get a chance to and the return convention goers can get us started right! <giggle>

<3 ber

Teach
07-30-2002, 10:40 AM
Why don't we meet at the gates for 7:00 p.m. and then we can decide about getting together for dinner.:D BTW, we will need directions to get to the gates. Last year, Paula rode with us and got us to the gates.

Teach (Mary Ann)

ProducerJ
07-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Don't get them from Mo! LOL
J.

Jen19
07-30-2002, 11:08 AM
First Dancin is not scary ..your silly Joyce

but I like the idea of the dinner and gates. I also will have direction to the gate I printed them out with a nice map so you guys will get them when you get here.

if anyone needs or wants my cell phone number email me and I will give it to you

see you all very soon

JEN

Paula
07-30-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Teach
Why don't we meet at the gates for 7:00 p.m. and then we can decide about getting together for dinner.:D BTW, we will need directions to get to the gates. Last year, Paula rode with us and got us to the gates.

Teach (Mary Ann) Sounds like a plan to me. Me? I got you to the gates? Was that when we got lost?:o I have the worst sense of direction.

Paula

Teach
07-30-2002, 11:23 PM
You must have done a good job because we arrived there with everyone else. :D

TzeDance
07-31-2002, 01:48 AM
I like the Gate and Dinner idea too.
Although last time I got lost 3 times b4 I got there.
Since I'm going with Hazel, I should be just fine.

Hazel, are you there?

Alyn

Monica Lockhart
08-02-2002, 05:30 AM
We all had a great time tonight! I hope I remember everyone who was at dinner so forgive me if I forget a name...

We all headed to The Cooker for dinner. Jen, Joyce, Mary Liz, Sher, Paula, Maureen, Robin, Hazel, Mary Ann, JD, Kim,Elaine, Alyn, LeeLee and her hubby Glen, Lisa, Kelly, Sara and last but not least.....DAKOTA!!

After dinner we headed to the gates for pictures and visting.

Earlier before we headed to dinner Dakota blessed us with his fiddle playing! He is just absolutley a joy to see! The smile on his face when he plays in undescribable. Thanks Dakota for making us all smile!!

Tomorrow is a busy day... we have the Pancake Pantry, GBM, Jack's Tracks, and a whole list of other things to do!

We'll keep you posted!

Moni

diem nash
08-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Moni, thanks for the up-date. It seems that you gals have a damn great time.

Enjoy it!

And don´t forget! We´re waiting impatiently for more news.

Have a funny time together!

Love,

Maddy :D

ncgarthfan
08-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Greetings guys!!!

Moni be sure and keep us posted. I am sooo jealous!!!

Please post any pictures you guys take. I would love to see them.

Andrea

lee512w
08-03-2002, 01:26 PM
Hey Guys!
Just want you to know we made it home about midnight after leaving Nashville after the auction.

What I want say is Thank You to all of you that made my trip a once in a lifetime memory that I will never forget!
The pictures are going to K-mart today and I'll post them sometime next week.
To all that are still in Nashville have a great time and a safe trip home.

Leelee

TzeDance
08-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Leelee,

I'm just glad you came to join us this year.
It's very nice meeting you ...

Take care,
Alyn - Diem