PDA

View Full Version : We're Here!!

Monica Lockhart
07-28-2002, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone....

It's been a very interesting last three days. Mary Liz, Sher, Maureen and I all arrived in Nashville on Friday...some of us eventfully and some not.

Sher left Canada on Thursday morning with the plan of being the first to arrive in Nashville around 10:45pm Thursday night. No such luck. She ended up sitting on the tarmac in the plane for hours because her plane lost total power. As they are sitting there..she finds out that half the people on the plane just got off a cruise and had spent their entire trip sick with a horrible gastro intestinal virus :eek: Highly contagious! The airline put Sher up for the night. Friday morning she left around 7am and landed in Nashville tired but safe at 4:30 and praying she doesn't come down with the virus!

Mary Liz arrive in Nashville uneventfully around 2PM. Maureen arrive by car early Friday Morning by car.

My original plans were to leave Tampa for Nashville at 9:15am on Friday morning. I drove to my parents house on Thursday Night to spend the night so that my mom could drive me to the airport. Got up at 6:30..to get ready. My Mom went out to get the paper and found my car with all my luggage insidewas not in the driveway! My car had been stolen! So needless to say.. I didn't make the 9:15 flight.

I called the police to report my car stolen at around 7:15am. The police found my car within an hour, but unfortunately they ransacked all my luggage and I lost almost everything. All my clothes, jewelry, camaras,all my GARTH ITEMS..gifts I had bought for people. They trashed the inside of my car, stole the CD player and all my GARTH CD's. Needless to say, I am just sick over it! :(

I had to go out and buy all new clothes, luggage, and rebooked my flight for 6:30. Made it to Nashville at 8:00pm to be greeted by Joyce, Mary Liz, Sher and Maureen.

We head straight from the airport to dinner.

After dinner we take a nice drive to Goodlettsville. Based on Mo's sense of direction it took us a little longer to get to the gates because we went by way of Kentucky! LOL

Just a forewarning, if you ever have to ride with Mo, she is a little hard on the brakes...:p

After taking Sher to the gates, we head back to the room. Mary Liz had to repair one of the items that she made for the T4K auction. In the process of talking to us and trying to glue a small piece back onto the item, she didn't realize that small drops of SUPERGLUE were falling below her on the tile floor in the kitchen. Her feet were superglued to the floor!! After laughing hysterically for about 5 minutes..Mary Liz opted to let Sher use the spatula to remove her feet from the tile, instead of the knife Sher was wielding and volunteering to cut her feet out from the tile. Mary Liz is praying that there is never a crime committed in that room because her footprints and DNA are all set in superglue on the tile!

After originally thinking we would not get to see Tracy this trip. 14 hours later we were surprised and Tracy is now with us.:)

We'll post more later..heading out to get a bite to eat now.

Moni, Sher, Mary Liz, Maureen and Tracy

Teach
07-28-2002, 01:42 PM
Monica, I am so sorry to hear about your car and all your belongings, especially the GB cd's. I know those will be hard to replace. :( Glad you finally arrived in Nashville.

It sounds like all of you have had different adventures already. I am looking forward to meeting Sher and Tracy. I am also looking forward to seeing Joyce, Mo, and Mary Liz again. :D

Paula
07-28-2002, 02:38 PM
I'm glad you're all safely in Nashville and hope that all the bad events are behind you. Four more days and I'll be on my (uneventful, I hope) way.:D

Paula

DixieChick4GB
07-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Ditto Paula's reply. Sorry, very sorry for all you've been through but pray it's all behind us. Way behind us.
Elaine

Garthfan92
07-28-2002, 11:13 PM
OH NO!! What a horrible way to start off your trips! Moni, if there is any way any of us can help you start replacing Garth items, just let me know. I'd be happy to try and find anything you're having trouble finding another copy of.

I sure hope the coming week will be much better, and I can't wait to see you all when I get there on Thurs!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Lisa

Snow
07-28-2002, 11:24 PM
Moni... I don't have all that much in the way of Garthy stuff like some of the rest, but I do have one unopened box set if that helps at all. ((HUGS)) At least no one can steal the memories! :)

As for the rest of it, you girls are a trip. I love the zany antics...... just as long as no one gets seriously hurt.

Take care an enjoy.

Jen19
07-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Hey guys - I was so sad to here of Moni's unfortunate mishap people are real jerks. I say we make it a special weekend full of fun just for Moni :)

And Maryliz are we going to have to get a wheel chair or is your foot ok...LOL

I'll see you guys soon_ :_)

JEN

berriffic
07-29-2002, 02:53 AM
Hey Guys! Glad you are here in Nashvegas!! Woohoo! Lemme know if you guys want a home cooked meal this week! I would be happy to do it! Sorry to hear about your car....That has happened more than once to me. Love you guys and see you soon

<3 ber

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
07-29-2002, 05:32 AM
((((Moni)))) I'm so sorry. How awful! :( I will bring along my FLST pics for the auction. If there is anything else I can do please let me know! I hope the rest of the week, spending time with everyone, will help to cheer you. :)

CC

PS: Now you've got something juicy on Mary Liz, and may get a break from all of the port-o-potty ribbing. lol On a serious note, I hope that Mary Liz' feet are all right.

majmom
07-29-2002, 08:21 AM
Moni-

So sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. What versions of the cd's are you missing? I have a few extra unopened cds hanging around just waiting for the chance to help out a fellow PGer...

Kerry

P.S. Ya never know - maybe one of the people responsible will listen to Garth's music, become inspired by it, and turn their life around!(We can hope, at least!)

ProducerJ
07-29-2002, 10:30 AM
oops... I guess I should have warned you that my hot glue gun leaks. . . . .
Can't wait for the next installment!
:D
J.

GottaB-GB
07-29-2002, 12:28 PM
Ouch Monica, I am so sorry to hear about your car...people ARE jerks sometimes. :(

And to Mary Liz.....

next time I suggest using some Sprite on that super glue. :-D

ya'll have a safe and fun vacation from now on, k?

Shelley

gbcrazy
07-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Moni- Sorry about your car, I hate when bad things happen before a trip! I'm sure you'll have fun in Nashville and around.

Glad to hear everyone else made it safe and sound so far.

Mary Liz, ROFL I know I should have something to say as I am never short for words however I can't seen to pick myself up off the floor long enough to say it.

I can see it now, Garth shows up for the convention looks around and says hey wheres Maryliz and everyone stands there looking saying shes Kinda got stuck and couldn't make it. So he tells them to take him to her and he walks in to find Mary Liz superglued to the floor eating Joyces Husbands Salsa, and drinking sprite listening to the box set wearing her TK shirt and hat.'

Hey sounds good to me. Good Plan Maryliz!

Terry

Original GB Fan
07-29-2002, 08:16 PM
Hi Monica, so sorry to hear about your car and every thing in it. I too have some extra Garth CD's and would be more than happy to pass some along your way. Let me know what you need and I will get them off. I have a couple still sealed boxed sets as well and would love to give you one.

Hugs and peace,
JoAnne

ProducerJ
07-30-2002, 12:25 AM
OMG - you may be on to something Terry! I'd delivered salsa shortly before the superglue incident....
:D
J.

gbcrazy
07-30-2002, 01:56 AM
HA JOYCE!! I KNEW IT!!

WATCH OUT ALL YOU CONVENTION GO'ERS MARYLIZ IS ON A MISSON AND IT SOUNDS LIKE SHES GOT A PLAN!

TERRY

GottaB-GB
07-30-2002, 07:57 AM
I always knew that MaryLiz was a Sharp one.....ya'll stocked up on Sprite yet??

ROFL

Shelley

Paula
07-30-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by GottaB-GB
I always knew that MaryLiz was a Sharp one.....ya'll stocked up on Sprite yet??

ROFL

Shelley Duh, I just got the Sprite connection.:rolleyes: Shelley and Terri, are you ladies going to come?

Paula

GottaB-GB
07-30-2002, 11:24 AM
*sigh* no not this year....I'm limited on my vacation time and I've had to use it on other things. I have some stuff coming up too that I've got to save time for. But have a Sprite for me okay? Try not to break any soda machines along the way ;-)

Sadly, I will have to miss out on giggling and telling G stories this year. Maybe next year.

Shelley

GBShameless
07-30-2002, 11:48 AM
ROTFLMBO at the Sprite :)

I have an important question to the girls that are already there, can you tell me if there are hairdryers in the room or not, I don't want to carry mine if there is.

Thanks

Robin :) :)

diem nash
07-30-2002, 06:02 PM
Moni, I´m sooo sorry to hear about your stolen car and stuff. :( These people will get their punishment by a higher power one day.

As more I wish you to have a supergarthtastic time there.

Mary Liz, I hope you´re doing okay. I better ask for some more Garthangels who make this trip the best from now on.

Can´t wait to hear about all your crazy lill´ garthy adventures.

I wish I could be there.

Have all a funny time together and bid lots for the kids. (The TFK-Stuff looks sooo damn cool! Be happy and wear it proudly!)

Lotsa love!

Maddy :D

TzeDance
07-31-2002, 12:57 AM
Wow, what a start you guys had!

Moni, I'm sorry to hear about your car. If I can be any help,
let me know.

MaryLiz, I hope you are doing ok. Gotto get the foot rest a bit now
so you can have all the fun with us.

Alyn

ProducerJ
07-31-2002, 01:23 AM
Hey Robin - I'm reporting back to you that the rooms, indeed do have hair dryers in them.
:)
J.

GBShameless
07-31-2002, 06:51 AM
Thanks Joyce :)

See you guys tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin :) :)

gbcrazy
07-31-2002, 07:37 AM
No Paula but just to be honest I really considered it. I really had some people I needed to see face to face and go over some things and of course just have fun and share some cool stories from this last year and pics of all our adventures. But my children strictly forbid me to go anywhere for the next few weeks. School starts back on Tuesday so we have Back to school shopping and football signups and sports physicals and cheerleading signups and band tryouts. Whew....I am wore out already and havent' begun yet.

Anyway I am sure everyone will have a great time without Shell and I! We have traveled so much since Feb of this year I think our families are starting to wonder who we are and my poor kids have nightmares of traveling anymore. They think there Ideal vacation right now is just staying home. All I ever hear is no mom no airplanes, cars and especially no buses!

LOL, so anyway we've had our share of time in Nashville this year and even in the last few weeks, so no more trips right now. Because it all starts back in a couple months.

Terry

Paula
07-31-2002, 08:49 AM
Shelley and Terry, sorry you won't be making it this year, but I can understand where you're coming from. Maybe next year.

Anyway, I'm psyched that tomorrow will be here soon and I'll be on my way.:D

Paula

Teach
07-31-2002, 09:02 AM
I am sorry to hear that you all will not be there, Shelley and Terry. I will be thinking about you both. :D

GottaB-GB
07-31-2002, 09:19 AM
ohhh but Terry don't forget about those pics I have of you ;-)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks guys we miss you too *sigh*

people in my area just don't understand Garth stories......they just can't appreciate them like a Garthnutt would :(

Oh well I guess I will be seeing Stuart Little or something this weekend but hey there IS a new adult movie maybe I can leave the kids home once....

All the kids are freaking cuz I have been gone they say.....but Shelley we haven't even seen this yet, and it's been out for weeks. And what's up with the no McDonalds lately "G-G" which is what my Godson calls me.

And the first thing the baby did when I got back was curl up in my lap for 30 mins....guess she missed me too lol.

**by the way these are all cousins, none of them are my kids, but they often live at my house lol**

I understand Garth's need to stay home with his beautiful girls :)

Shelley

gbcrazy
07-31-2002, 07:26 PM
Thanks Everyone! You guys just have a great time while there! And if you go to the opry again for Goodness sakes make sure everyone stays with the tour guide! LOL

I'll be looking for everyone on MWL so remember to smile! and Smile some more. And someone win that trivia contest and win that money they have on that prize wheel or at least Garths prize pack!

Shell , those pics are not to be discussed here! I told you about having your camera in places they shouldn't be do you realize how much trouble you could cause with those pics? And WHOS in those pics. Okay time to shut up. LOL

Terry <--who flinches everytime she sees the new editions of the star or enquirer.

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-02-2002, 03:05 AM
Hey Moni! You've got mail! :) (At your hotmail addy, that is!) Hope everybody's having a great time, someone please drink a pina colada for me, okay? Maybe I'll get to join you again next year, I sure hope so!! :)

DeeDee :)