PDA

View Full Version : say it can't be true

fuzzwuzz
07-24-2002, 12:54 AM
I heard something about Garth today that must be just gossip or some radio people making fun again, or a customer pulling my leg. He told me he was driving out of state and heard on the radio that Garth had hurt his back fooling around in his backyard, and that he had to be taken to the hospital. I'm relieved I see nothing here about it at PG, so I'm concluding it's not true. You don't suppose this is an extended version of that story about Garth getting stuck on the girl's slide?

Monica Lockhart
07-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Dale,

That is very possible..

I haven't heard anything either and I am sure someone would have posted it by now if they had heard it too.

Thank goodness we didn't hear that!

Moni

CheyenneWindRoper
07-24-2002, 01:55 AM
Oh Noooooooo! I hope this is just a malicious rumor! :(

Garth buddy if you have hurt your back, just let me know, I have a hot tub with your name on it!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

redstrokes77
07-24-2002, 09:10 AM
I hope this is just a malicious rumor

Why would someone saying Garth was injured be considered malicious? Now what Dale said about being stuck in a slide i thought WAS malicious but everyone seemed to think THAT was possible. Hmmmm....

deb

ProducerJ
07-24-2002, 11:05 AM
Deb - Garth did get stuck in the slide in his kids' backyard play set... a month or so back. Someone forgot to tell him he wasn't a kid anymore! :) Dale wasn't being malicious, she's probably right - this is most likely just a leftover of that story, although it wasn't reported at the time that he had to go to the hospital for anything. But you know how stories grow when they get repeated.... LOL
J.

GottaB-GB
07-24-2002, 11:51 AM
If so, it happened in the last 3 days, cuz I know for a fact he was healthy this weekend.

Shelley

CheyenneWindRoper
07-24-2002, 12:00 PM
Any rumor that isn't true is malicious in my book. Usually started to rile things up. As a matter of fact, even things that are true, but not necessarily info the person the rumor is about wants out for public knowledge are pretty cruel too.

Dale I am with Joyce on this one.....probably just an addition to the slide story. Anyway, I sure hope this is not accurate info!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

GottaB-GB
07-24-2002, 12:16 PM
I agree MaryLiz 777%

:)

redstrokes77
07-24-2002, 05:58 PM
So DID Garth get stuck in a slide? Gee, you'd think the Star, etc. would have been ALL over it. Of all the things they would report this would be it! ;)

deb

bethany
07-24-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by GottaB-GB
If so, it happened in the last 3 days, cuz I know for a fact he was healthy this weekend.

Shelley

So Shelly - How do you "know" he was ok this weekend? (just curious :confused: )

cntrypoet
07-24-2002, 06:59 PM
ok this is an example, for thoes of you who dont know, of why you habe to wach out for me.

as far as hearting his back? well yea i can belive that it is posable, he is very active. It's not that far fetched to think that somone who is around his 40's (kinda sad how i dont even know garths age) can heart his back. I think the most intersting thing about the story is that it didn't mention HOW he heart his back.

Garth_FANtasizer
07-25-2002, 12:02 AM
I won't discount it, but I really doubt it. In fact I still don't believe the slide story. I can see Garth trying out a slide though. It's something I myself would have to do, but the rest of it... I mean, If you bought a toilet from Home Depot and while installing it, you got your butt stuck in it, who would you call to get unstuck? Home Depot? NOT! If Garth got stuck in a slide who would he call? Not the slide maker! It just doesn't fit. (no pun intended) :)

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
07-25-2002, 01:38 AM
I hope I didn't upset anyone by sharing what my customer said, leaving me little detail. I was worried about him as any of you would have been. I had thoughts of him falling off one of his rope ladders like he did at concerts, showing off for his girls. Or just from working too hard. I wonder if GB ever comes out of hiding at home sometimes? :) He never called those things he did at concerts as real risks!!

I guess, stories aside, we can be happy that Garth is probably ok or we would have heard more by now. I imagine the DJ's have a field day with Garth stories these days. But being out of touch with radio for quite some tiome now, I can only imagine things have changed over the years. Sometimes there seems to be more truth in fiction, than things passed off as news. That's what's so cool about Chris Gaines!! That guy is sick of the news! And he's only a ficticious character! Lol!

You know me. I had to get that in!! :)

gbcrazy
07-25-2002, 01:45 AM
Hey Dale,

I dont' think anyone got upset with you. Everyone just reacts to things like this about Garth. Besides if it was true you would find out here for sure. So you didn't do anything wrong.

But like Shell said unless it happened in the last few days theres no way its true, and if it did happen it wasn't anything serious!

Shell, I like your facts!

MaryLiz, I am with you 777% it just amazes me what some people will go through to get information. Then the they are usually the ones calling the kettle black and causing the problems. So I'm with you all the way on you comments.

Terry

redstrokes77
07-25-2002, 08:41 AM
If you think that I'm upset with you Dale, you're wrong. I was merely pointing out that ML thought it was malicious. If the rumor that Garth WAS hurt I was wondering why it would be considered "malicious". The me malicious means that there was INTENTIONAL harm intended. I don't think your customer intended to harm you nor were you intending to harm anyone else.

If I heard that Garth broke his leg yesterday and I saw a pic of him in a cast I wouldn't consider that the source was being "malicious" in reporting it.

ML says ANY rumor that isn't true (If it is proven true it's NOT a rumor ;) ) is bad. I disagree. After all, why DO we come to PG? To find out ANY info on Garth. You might be protective of Garth but he's a big boy and doesn't need protection for every silly thing someone comes out with.

Sorry Dale if you thought I was upset with you posting a rumor. Heck, if rumors weren't posted we'd have NOTHING to read here. I haven't seen too many new interviews with Garth so as far as I'm concerned EVERYTHING lately is a rumor. Including Fudgie Man, and seeing him at Trisha's concerts.

deb

diem nash
07-25-2002, 05:26 PM
All I can say is that I hope and pray that this ainīt true.

If it happened (God beware!!!) or not:

Garth, we love and care for you with all of our lillī garthy hearts!

Well, I have him in my prayers every day (Like I do with family & friends), but Iīll do some more. Itīs never too much!

I love you, buddy!

:D

Take care all!

Huggs!

Maddy :D

fuzzwuzz
07-25-2002, 11:32 PM
Deb, I understand what you are saying, because, there are some things I could share here that I KNOW are true about Garth. But I won't share them and get torn to shreds by doubters who won't believe anything unless it's in the news. And if it's not in the news, than Garth deserves it be kept that way. Charity often demands we remain silent in certain instances. Or else, rumors can start flying that escalate into something harmful and far from the truth and into something malicious.

I sure hope, while we are watching and waiting on Garth's next move into the spotlight, that he is enjoying some of the afterglow behind the scenes. Lord knows he left us a ton of it that should almost last us a lifetime too you'd think. Garth made us friends for LIFE. A family.

You know what's funny? In relation to this "accident", if it had really happened, I thought it sad it might prevent Garth from playing Chris Gaines. And then I remembered what Chris said he was gonna miss after his horrible car accident, and it wasn't the music! ;)

Garth_FANtasizer
07-25-2002, 11:40 PM
You know what's funny? In relation to this "accident", if it had really happened, I thought it sad it might prevent Garth from playing Chris Gaines. And then I remembered what Chris said he was gonna miss after his horrible car accident, and it wasn't the music!

LOL Dale!

~Ann~

redstrokes77
07-26-2002, 08:43 AM
I agree Dale the LESS we hear about Garth NOW means the more he's living the kind of life he deserves. Family, inner peace, working on whatever he thinks SHOULD be kept under wraps, and charity works.

Everyone says he looks happier than he has for years. Some of it may be his relationship with Trisha but I'd be willing to bet it has more to do with his relationship with his kids, and friends.

I for one don't care that he's not in the spotlight if it means he's in a better place than he could EVER be in the spotlight.

He's a REAL star to his kids now not just a guy they see on t.v.

I'm so glad to see that he actually does what he says in his music. "Love is Thicker Than Blood". Family is EVERYTHING.

Thanks for that Garth. Your music means the world to your fans but it will NEVER replace the fact that you NEED to be at hime with your family. I ve never had more respect for you than I have right now.

Spend as much time as you need to with those angels. You ALL desrve it.

deb

gbcrazy
07-26-2002, 04:01 PM
"Deb, I understand what you are saying, because, there are some things I could share here that I KNOW are true about Garth. But I won't share them and get torn to shreds by doubters who won't believe anything unless it's in the news. And if it's not in the news, than Garth deserves it be kept that way. Charity often demands we remain silent in certain instances. Or else, rumors can start flying that escalate into something harmful and far from the truth and into something malicious. "

Dale, all I can say is amen. I dont' know why people cannot be happy that people know or has information to pass on. Instead they have to tear people apart just because it wasn't them who found it out or reported it. There could be alot more things shared among friends if things were not like that. But for some reason certain people have it in thier heads that thier word is all that matters and if for some reason it doesn't fit the way they think it should be then its not true.

Deb, I can assure you that I understand where you are coming from. And without making a big specular here and getting ripped into shreads I can assure you that Garth is happy, hes content and doing what hes always wanted to do. He looks 20 years old again and is happy I mean Happy. Hes living an everyday life just like us and is enjoying every minute of it. I'm not trying to speak for him just telling you what I have seen and heard over the last while. He's doing an awesome job and letting people take care of his business for him and only showing up when his name or face can do something to help others. Other than that he is doing what we all do each day and that is living so everything you said is so right on target.

As far as him getting hurt, I dont' blame you Dale if someone had told me that and I didn't know any other way to find out I would come here cause someone somewhere here can find the information out. I hope when I say this it helps but I can assure you unless it happened with the last 48-72 hours of the report it was not true he was fine.

Friends in Garth,

Terry

fuzzwuzz
07-26-2002, 08:18 PM
Terry, that's very good to know that Garth is so happy and content living a "normal" life, and that his back is ok. I believe you.

Deb, I'm happy with you that Garth is happy.

Hugs to everyone who shared my concern for Garth. I have others too, but they involve OUR home here through Garth. To me, that one is just as important as our other family in our own backyards. Like I said, Garth built us into family. As content as he is away from us for now, I don't think he really left us, because, he left alot of himself in each other. There's no way he's gonna forget his investment in us. I'm here doing the same. Investing in my family through Garth. I'm finding I have family everywhere! I'm very "rich"!:)

Garthmedic
07-26-2002, 10:22 PM
I scanned every headline I could think of. No mention of GB getting injured- thank goodness.

--spud--:)

Garthfan92
07-26-2002, 10:32 PM
If anything was seriously wrong, we would have heard plenty about it. Who knows how some of these things get started, but thankfully people around PG can ususally set the record straight.

I'm glad Garth is doing exactly what he needs to be doing right now. Other than his relationship with Trisha, the press has let him go back to as much of a normal life as he could ever have. I think that's good for Garth AND his whole family, especially the girls.

Lisa