PDA

View Full Version : Attention KZLA listeners

GBheartandsoul
07-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Trisha certainly keeps her promises. She will be in person at KZLA tomorrow morning! They will of course have her sing and she will take questions from the listeners. Hmm...now what could we ask her?;) Anyway, guys don't worry I or some other PGer will give you ALL the details.

Seira:)

NFerris
07-22-2002, 12:09 PM
So cool! I hope someone tapes it and writes it verbatim again! That was so awesome!

I'm sure most of the questions I would like to have asked - will be asked ;) One thing I hope someone asks is "How long of a break are you expecting to take after this tour?" and "will you and Garth be working on that duet album during the break?" Hopefully someone will ask those questions!

bethany
07-22-2002, 12:48 PM
The DJ at KZLA is actually asking listeners to send him an email with questions they would like him to ask. He's looking for new and different ideas for the interview. You can submit your quesitons to petertilden@kzla.com

Obvioulsy he will not be able to ask EVERYBODYS question, but ya just never know, he may ask yours!

Happy listening!

(unfortunatly, as usual I will be at work and unbale to listen.... so I too am looking forward to the written version here at PG tomorrow)

GBheartandsoul
07-22-2002, 03:04 PM
Thanks, bethany I didn't hear that part. I will send an email when I get home. I'm almost sure I can tape it and if it works out I will transcribe it and post it here.

bethany
07-22-2002, 03:07 PM
That'd be so cool Seira :cool: ! Looking forward to it! I TRULY APPRECIATE your efforts!

A HUGE THANKS TO YOU! :D

Garth_FANtasizer
07-22-2002, 05:42 PM
Allright! Something cool to look forward to!

If anyone submitted a question for Trisha, post it here so we can see it!

~Ann~

Garthfan92
07-22-2002, 10:58 PM
I can't wait to hear all about this interview! It should be very interesting if the fans get to submit questions! Thanks in advance to those who plan to transcribe it for us!

Lisa

GBheartandsoul
07-23-2002, 02:13 AM
Well, Ann I submitted my questions, but I think I got a little carried away. I put down TEN questions. I know they won't answer them all or they may not answer any of them, but I had to try. My questions were about her career, what she likes and of course a slew of questions about her and Garth.

Anyway, I am still planning to tape it, transribe it and post it.
Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

hoot_00
07-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Thanks Seira! YOu rock! Hey- maybe now, kzla will start playing Trisha's new single and other stations will start to also. I think one question we should submit is..Why aren't you playing Trisha's new single...oh....I guess that's not a question for Trisha. ;)

bethany
07-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Seria

Well I got this little &$(#&$#)#$) radio of mine to work, I am listening to the interview (although its through a lot of static).

I think I heard Peter Tilden mention your name when he read some questions from an email he received? Did you catch that? Was it from you? How cool!

He did say Seria (pronounced Sierra) but I didn't catch the last name.

racmac
07-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Hey Seira & Bethany,

Cant wait to hear all the details, and I hope they do ask some fan questions, after all we know what we want to hear.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Rachael

GBheartandsoul
07-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Well, the interview went really well. Trisha was wonderful as usual and very funny. They got pretty silly. Yes, Garth was mentioned throughout the interview. I did tape it, but like Bethany I had a little problem with static mainly on the first part of the interview. Hopefully, when I listen back to it, it won't be too bad.

Okay, back to the interview. Yes, Bethany I did hear my name! It was very cool. Of course, he didn't pronounce it correctly, but I'm used to that. No big deal. I'm really glad you got to listen to it. Like I posted before I submitted ten questions and he actually asked her two of them.:cool: One was: What is your favorite movie, tv show, book and song of all time? The other one was: What do you think Garth would say is your best quality and what do you think is his best quality? There was one more question that I had submitted that I heard him start to ask, but he didn't go through with it. The question was: Are you two in love?

I'm pretty sure I heard another PGers name too. Naomi, he asked your question!:) I think the question was: What was your most embarrassing moment on stage? If I'm wrong, please excuse me.

Okay, I still need to listen to the tape, transcribe and post it so it might be a little while. Sorry. I'm sure you all will really enjoy it and you can find out the answers to the above questions and much more.;)

racmac
07-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey Seira,

Thanks so much for the update, cant wait to read and hear what her answers where and you asked some great questions, congrats on getting them on the air.

Rachael :)

NFerris
07-23-2002, 04:43 PM
That was my question! Cool - can't wait to hear what her answer was! I asked 2 others also (I don't have the email I sent, so the questions may have been worded differently) but this is what they were:

1. how long would she be taking a break and would she and Garth be working on that duet album during her break?

2. what is her favorite song that she sings - even if she hasn't recorded it?

I am so excited that he asked one of my questions!!! I figured so many would send in questions, that I wouldn't have a chance to be picked! :) :) :)

Naomi

Paula
07-23-2002, 09:35 PM
I'm looking forward to reading the transcript. Thanks Seira for doing that for us.

Paula

Garthfan92
07-23-2002, 10:53 PM
I can't wait to hear the answers to some of those questions! I'm glad some PGer's got theirs answered!

Lisa

GBheartandsoul
07-24-2002, 02:43 AM
My tape of the interview didn't start right at the very beginning, but it's pretty close. There was also some static so there are some words I missed, but for the most part it seems to be okay. I'm still transcribing, but I will share some of what I have so far. It seems to be pretty long. Boy, am I slow. I guess it's because I want to put down every word. Well, I try. Anyway, Trisha is great and I love her laugh.

So, here is part of that interview. Happy reading!

Peter Tilden: ...and you're smart and you also take no..

Trisha: And darn it, people like me. (laughter)

PT: (laughs) They really really like you. We'll be taking calls for Trisha, by the way, at 1-800-977-1939 or 1939 on your Sprint mobile mobile phone. We also have emails. People asked you questions that..asked you questions that I'm even embarrassed by
(static) ..enough already.. (static)

TY: When they yell it out during the shows that's the exciting thing

PT: They yell out Garth's name while doing a ballad..

TY: Somebody will say "How's Garth?" and I'll say you know that's the first time anyone has asked me that. I'm so glad you finally asked me that (static) that pretty usually much shuts them up.

PT: I mean, it's so much that I was...I'm emailing people back going stop already, I have a life and then I realize it's about you. (Trisha laughs) Um, so you're appearing tonight with Alan Jackson and let everyone know what you do during the day. You're going to sound check this afternoon.

TY: Yeah, I'm going to sound...it's pretty exciting...no, all the horses...

PT: What do you do at sound check? Explain to everybody.

TY: You, uh make sure you're sound is good, make sure you can hear well and right now we are um we are actually rehearsing during our sound checks because my regular fiddle player is uh who has been with me for nine years is pregnant with twin boys and she's been told to go home and lay down so...

PT: Wow, so bed rest for the fiddle player

TY: So, yeah, so Andrea Zahn who plays fiddle for Vince, most of the time, is out with us and so we're just kind of trying to you know...it's like cramming for a test. She's got to learn like 20 songs.

PT: Making sure. Does that make you nervous tonight that the fiddle player is new and uh oh?

TY: Well, it's a little bit different dynamic so you're not really...when you have the same people every night on stage, you know exactly what's going to happen out there and...

PT: Do you have that thing with them where you're cracking up about something or you know when something's going on and somebody hits a wrong thing?

TY: Yeah because most of the people in my band have been there for a long time. Um, if you come to the show tonight especially my guitar player um his name is Johnny Garcia. He's been there since the first show. I call him the only surviving living member of the band 'cause he's he's the only original member.

PT: Wow.

TY: So after eleven years you get really used to having that first song you write and know when you turn around exactly what you're going to get.

PT: It's a support group, a big support group.

TY: Yeah, yeah

PT: So people really yelling out...that would annoy the daylights out of me...Garth..you know

TY: Well, you know that's where that, you know..luckily if I had enough coffee and I'm, I've got a snappy comeback...you know hopefully hopefully I can...you have to turn that into um you have to turn it into part of the show 'cause you know people are going to say...

PT: What else do people ask besides Garth? I see some weird questions for you..big fans who've followed your career and who are really loyal. What else do they love to know about?

TY: Just things you wouldn't believe like I had a couple, a man and a wife, come backstage a couple of weeks ago and they, their only question was "Why do you never paint your nails with color?

PT: (laughs) Uh, oh fet (coughs) fetish

TY: And it was the husband who was realy interested in..did I do the toes or just the fingernails?

PT: Uh ohhhhh..you can win a lot of money when you're...

TY: "When we watch you..we watch you on every award show. We notice your fingernails and their always just either just clear or or french manicured and we're just curious as to why you don't paint them a color?"

PT: That's really something.

TY: So, you know

PT: So, why don't you ever paint them a color? (Trisha laughs) Can I see your feet for just two minutes?

TY: Uh, no. (laughs)

PT: I'll pay you twenty dollars. I'm getting, you know what, now I'm getting turned on.(laughs) I got to see what her feet look like in these boots (laughter) He brings it up, I have no interest in it and I'm going you know what she does have wonderful hands. Why do you not cover them? (Trisha laughs) Do you get naked pictures of people, too, sent to you?

TY: Um..

PT: Every once in awhile

TY: Not really.

PT: Or is it the same guy? Me..no (Trisha laughs) Do you get weird...

TY: Other than people from the station? No.(laughs)

PT: How about..okay fine. It is me. How about weird requests?

TY: Um, yeah the strangest request that pops to mind is a, well there's several, but I was doing an in-store one time and a guy asked if I would sign his leg and you sign people's jeans alot and I swear it doesn't even sound like it could be true, but he just popped it off and just set it on the table...I signed it. I signed a guys pot bellied pig one time.

PT: You just do it.

TY: Yeah, signed it...well, if it's something you feel you can sign, you will do it. (laughs)

PT: How do you do, how do you deal with fans when you don't know...everybody loves fans and loves the adoration, but there's sometimes when you just want to be you and not be bothered. Can you be you like in Nashville and Georgia or when you're out there doing stuff or do people recognize you all the time especially now with JAG and that kind of stuff?

TY: Well, I think because I'm not, I don't look that different, you know I'm not, I don't have this big persona on stage and then I look like a totally different person offstage. If I go to the grocery store at two in the morning and my hair is in a ponytail and no makeup, I still look like me.

PT: Uh, yeah? (laughs)

TY: And people will come and say oh I know you're, you look like you're trying to be incognito. (laughs) I go no this is pretty much what I look like on a night off. (laughs) You know that that, but people are pretty friendly and people pretty much respect your um space when you're at dinner or they'll wait 'til you're finished eating or..

PT: Oh, that's cool.

TY: Country fans are, are nice.

PT: They're great fans. Where's home for you now?

TY: Nashville

PT: Did you buy..we saw you..kept trying to sell your house. You told me you sold it for, because of all the publicity you sold it for above market value.

TY: Yes, I did. (laughs)

PT: Which is really great..

TY: It was a good thing.

PT: ..and there's a painting over the fire place though that I kept reading about.

TY: There was a painting in the house that was put in the house when it was built so it was there when I got there and it was not going with me and it was just..it covered a wall. It was in a room that had a 28 foot ceiling. It was pretty much a whole wall.

PT: It went with the house.

TY: It did.

PT: And did you buy a single house or condo or...

TY: I bought a house.

PT: ...or little apartment?

TY: I bought a little fixer upper. (laughs)

PT: What's it look like? What's the style of the house?

TY: It's real different from the one that I had. It um it's like a little, you know white cottage, kind of like..

PT: Oh, like a shabby chic type of thing.

TY: Yes it is.

PT: Look at..she's smirking. Are we getting too personal? (laughter)

TY: No, you...

PT: We'll find out what's in the cupboard next. (Trisha laughs)
Okay, we'll do a whole question and answer thing. We'll go to the emails..

TY: I haven't been home in two months. I have no idea what's in the cupboards. (laughs)

PT: You haven't been there for awhile?

TY: I haven't been there for awhile. I'm going home soon.

PT: If you don't use it can I, would you sublet..

TY: Uh...

PT: ..while you're on the road? (laughter)

TY: Uh...

PT: I'm clean..

TY: We'll talk.

PT: ..look at my teeth. I'm hygenically sound. (Trisha laughs) Look at my nails..

Buzz: Trisha time share

TY: Yeah

PT: ..I don't color my nails either. More with Trisha Yearwood. We'll take your calls, we'll read the emails, we'll talk about the new album "Inside Out" and maybe, I don't know, maybe some surprises. That's all coming up right here on LA and Orange County's Country 93.9 KZLA.

Commercial

Whew! That's it for now. Back to the grindstone. More to come with the next installment coming hopefully soon, but like I said I'm kind of slow at this so be PATIENT!;) Hope you had a good time reading this.:)

racmac
07-24-2002, 03:03 AM
THANK YOU SIERA!!!

Trisha just keeps getting better and her interviews are always a lot of fun to read. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us word for word, its the best way to read these.

Rachael :)

andie
07-24-2002, 07:32 AM
Thankyou so much for doing this .I am really enjoying this.

NFerris
07-24-2002, 07:46 AM
Thanks Siera! It's great reading already! Can't wait for the rest...

ProducerJ
07-24-2002, 11:55 AM
that is awesome Seira! You take SUCH good care of us!
Joyce

TammyLS
07-24-2002, 11:58 AM
Thank you! Gosh you rock! I Love that people are so nice and take the time to share with us what they heard, its great to be able to read what the interview was because You took the time to transcribe it---Thank you! Trisha has SUCH A GREAT Sense of humor and is just soooo real!

shamelessGBfan6
07-24-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey! I'm brand new...I'm a long time Garth fan, but a newly converted Trisha fan, and I'm so glad you've transcribed these interview because I feel like I'm getting to know Trisha...I feel like she is becoming a friend almost, and that's so cool! THANKS! :)

~Colleen

bethany
07-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Way to go Seira! Again! You're the :cool: 'est

DixieChick4GB
07-24-2002, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the Planet, Colleen. We're glad you're here enjoying Garth and discovering new things about Trisha. Keep on posting!:)
And thanks, Seira, for the cool report! :)
Elaine

Paula
07-24-2002, 09:05 PM
Thank you so much Seira! I know how incredibly difficult it can be to transcribe a tape when you have background noises, static, etc. You have done a wonderful job and it is much appreciated.

Paula

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
07-24-2002, 10:06 PM
:D!!!!!!!THANKS BUNCHES SEIRA!!!!!!!:D

And Welcome Colleen! Post Lots!

CC :D

Garth_FANtasizer
07-24-2002, 11:11 PM
This is so funny! Trisha, Girl, you kill me!

Thanks, Seira! You're awesome!

Welcome to PG, Colleen!

~Ann~

Garthfan92
07-24-2002, 11:22 PM
Thanks Seira!! Can't wait for the rest.

And welcome to PG, Colleen!

Lisa

Carol Ann
07-25-2002, 11:05 AM
I don't mean to be pushy but I'm just wondering when we will see the rest of the interview posted. Thanks,

Carol Ann

NFerris
07-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Me too - I'm so excited to read the rest; I can hardly wait!

Teaser210
07-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Thanks so much for transcribing that Seira. It's such fun reading it all. It's a tedious task, and I sure appreciate your efforts.

GBheartandsoul
07-25-2002, 03:02 PM
I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm almost finished transcribing. The rest of the interview is pretty LONG, which is actually a good thing, right?;) So, I'm thinking I'll post the rest of it on the weekend since I have more time. Sorry Carol! I hope you all can wait a little bit longer.

I will say that if you liked the first part of the interview, you will
LOVE the rest of it. There are some really FUNNY moments and others that are a little bit more serious and sane and yes there is more
Garth talk. You may learn a few things about Trisha and she defintely displays her delightful sense of humor. There's a lot of laughing & silliness going on. So does that wet your appetitie?;)

I will try my best to post it as soon as possible. When I do post, I think I will probably start a new thread.

Welcome to Pg Colleen! Glad you're enjoying it here. Pgers are the best!

Patience is a virtue.;)

NFerris
07-25-2002, 03:16 PM
Thanks for letting us know - I was beginning to think that you went away on vacation or something!!!

I can wait until the weekend! I guess :( Just kidding - thanks so much for doing all this work! I know how difficult transcribing stuff can be - I do that for my job once in a while; it must be especially hard with more than one person talking!!

Would you by any chance be willing to make me a copy of the tape after you are done transcribing it.... I really would like to "hear" my question asked of Trisha? If not, I'll totally understand.

Thanks again Siera!

Naomi

TammyLS
07-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Ahhhh, Siera...you're killing me! lol Trisha Does have an amazing sense of humor and just is soo sweet and fun to listen to! I'm waiting patiently, but I will say I'm totally excited to read the rest of it! You Rock For doing this for us--THANKS again!