PDA

View Full Version : Gill and Yearwood at Pavilion prove perfect country pairing

fuzzwuzz
07-17-2002, 02:56 AM
http://www2.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/gill07152002.htm

andie
07-17-2002, 09:59 AM
Did anyone go to this concert ? I would love to hear about it!!! Thanks for the link.

Garth_FANtasizer
07-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the link, Dale!

Sounds like another great concert by the lovely Miss Trisha Yearwood!

~Ann~

Teaser210
07-17-2002, 04:09 PM
I'd love to hear about the banter at that show. Did Triaha sing with Vince like she said she might?

Paula
07-17-2002, 08:18 PM
I went to this concert...it was a last minute thing. It was a terrific concert, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Trisha did an hour's worth of songs with some banter in between. Her voice is simply amazing. The banter was pretty much the same as her other concerts...I can't think of anything she said that was different. The outfit she wore looked a lot like (and may have been the same as) the one she wore at Wolftrap from what I could tell from the pictures Rachael posted at TY.com. No encore so we didn't get to hear Over the Rainbow.:(

My memory is a little vague, but I think she said she went to a Red Sox game while she was in the area. I do know that she had spent some time doing some sightseeing since she was in the area for a few days.

Vince also put on a great show. Some have asked why Trisha opened for Vince rather than the other way around. Vince invited Trisha to open some of his shows, so that is why.

Trisha didn't come out on stage to sing with Vince on any of his songs, and Vince didn't come out while Trisha was on stage. It would have been pretty cool if they did. The guy who takes care of Vince's guitars did play with Trisha's band to substitute for one of the guitar players who wasn't there that night.

Paula

TammyLS
07-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Ahhh, Thanks Paula for that review...I'm seeing Trisha with Vince on Aug.24, and I'm only bummed that I might only get an Hour of Trisha--OMG Thats Not NEARLY Enough! Grrrr
BUT maybe if we scream loud they'll sing together---that would be sooo cool...