PDA

View Full Version : The news I promised you...........

CheyenneWindRoper
07-16-2002, 05:40 PM
I can now reveal to you the exciting T4K news I have been sitting on, waiting for Board of Directors approval!

There is going to be a brand new division of Teammates. It will be "treated exactly the same" as Touch 'Em All and Top Shelf. The name for this new leg of Teammates has been approved by the BOD, but I can't reveal it just quite yet because a name search has to be performed legally first to make sure no toes are stepped on......but, I can tell you about this new division.....

:DIt is to recognize and honor all Corporate and Individaul donors of Teammates!:D
Bo told me a couple of months ago just how much that everyone involved with Teammates appreciates the selfless efforts made by contributors like us, in addition to the athletes, and that some recognition was due. There is a new & additional board of honor already hanging in the conference/boardroom at the Teammates Office waiting to have a PlanetGarth Members engraved name badge added to it! Anyone who has donated to Teammates thru PG can now officially consider themselves a bonafide "Teammate"! I imagine, knowing the contributions that are made by some of you on a strictly individual basis, that I will be seeing your name plate on that board too.:)

Now, as if that is not exciting enough ;)....Garth has given permission for me to have available, in limited quantities, Teammates hats and T-shirts for auction and for sale to you! I will be bringing a few T-shirts to the PG convention with me to have for the auction. Garth wants the rarety of these items to remain, therefor, we are going to be very stingy as to the availability. All proceeds from auction or sale of T4K hats and T-shirts of course, will go directly to Teammates on behalf of PlanetGarth! I will periodically be offering T's and hats on PG under this Forum, so make sure you keep up to date and read here often!

Many new and exciting things are going to be happening with Teammates in the future, let's be a BIG part of it PGers and make a real difference in this world!

Huggs,
Mary Liz <-- Who is overwhelmingly proud & humbly honored to be your T4K liaison!

PJ
07-16-2002, 06:20 PM
VERY cool Mary Liz! Thank you for sharing this AWESOME news!

Jen19
07-16-2002, 06:20 PM
WOW that is just so awesome :) very exciting .. can't wait to see these tees don't know if I will be able to afford one but looking at them will be cool enough.

this is really amazing thanks again ML your the bestest :)

JEN

ProducerJ
07-16-2002, 06:21 PM
VERY AWESOME EXCITING NEWS Mary Liz!

Thank you for bringing it to us - you must have been BUSTING to tell all this time! Can't wait to hear the name they've chosen for this exciting new division of Teammates.

AND I'm excited that we will have access to Teammates T shirts! You know... Gary is going to be working on a BIG batch of salsa at the end of the month... think we could trade some Big G salsa for a Teammates Tee? Oh buddy, oh friend? :D:D:D

J.

CheyenneWindRoper
07-16-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ProducerJ
AND I'm excited that we will have access to Teammates T shirts! You know... Gary is going to be working on a BIG batch of salsa at the end of the month... think we could trade some Big G salsa for a Teammates Tee? Oh buddy, oh friend?

J.

Ummmmm, have we met?

If you really do know me and well enough to call me "buddy" & "friend" then you must know too...that I am 107% in love with Teammates and will do anything for them........ except give away their T's and hats! EVEN for Big "G"'s salsa. That was really a "hitting below the belt" bribe!

Show me the money!

Huggs & LMAO @ Joyce!
Mary Liz

Garth_FANtasizer
07-16-2002, 06:43 PM
Thats so very :cool: and sweet of TFK to give PG members such an honor!

I may not beable to bid high enough for a T-shirt or hat but I'll continue to contribute to TFK whenever I can. :)

Next time you go there, see about getting some Scarecrow T-shirts for us to purchase! ;)

Thanks for all you do for TFK and us, Mary Liz!

PG - True Teammates! WooHoo!

~Ann~

bethany
07-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Wow! Being new here, I didn't realize some of the members were so 'connected'!!! Way cool!

CheyenneWindRoper
07-16-2002, 07:17 PM
Don't worry, I will make sure that those who really want an official Teammates T-shirt or hat, that through out time, they will be made available and affordable for you! ;)

The first few will most likely go for a little more, just like on the internet auction sites or in any store, the "1st issues" of any rare item are sold for more.

But, keep in mind, your money goes for a great cause and to honor and support Garth's charity and his efforts. (Tax deductible purchases of things we would like to have is always an added incentive too, right?)

Huggs,
Mary Liz

majmom
07-16-2002, 07:43 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again -

YOU ROCK, ML!!

This is awesome news - the chance to contrib to TFK AND get something awesome in the process - "verycool" !

Kerry

Paula
07-16-2002, 08:28 PM
I don't think I've ever seen the word "awesome" mentioned so many times in one thread!:D This is so cool (and awesome;))! I trust you will have your picture taken with the board of honor once that PG badge is mounted so we can all see it. Thanks for being our liaison to TFK.

Paula

lee512w
07-16-2002, 09:34 PM
That is too :cool: , Mary Liz!
Along with the others I'd like to thank you for all that
you do for us at the Planet and TFK.

Leelee

GBsMydance
07-16-2002, 10:11 PM
MARY LIZ

And this is why I love being involved with this board and this amazing group of nutts..

The Magic is truly in believing!!!!

I am honored to be a small piece of this project. Together we can be and ARE amazing, together we can all be a part of the Miracles that happen to those who believe.

Today I am so very proud, tears in my eyes with joy and renewed hope for all of our tomorrows. The youth of America are indeed our hope for tomorrow. We need to give and nuture as much as possible.

Pam
"I'll leave my light on for you,if you'll leave your light on for me."

amd-b
07-16-2002, 10:50 PM
OK - it is time for a MARY LIZ ROCKS sign to hang next to Rachael's!

I hope the the t-shirts and hats will go on sale soon for those of us that won't be able to make it to the convention.
TFK is such a worthy cause I am willing to spend a little more - and I really want a shirt and hat! I am willing to wait a little while....

Thank you for doing so much for PG and TFK.
Waiting with check book in hand
Alexa

ProducerJ
07-16-2002, 11:25 PM
:(:(:(
Well if Big G Salsa isn't enough of a bribe, nothing is.
Ok ok ok! I've got my checkbook out too!

H&H
J.

Garthfan92
07-16-2002, 11:31 PM
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! (Just had to throw in a few more!) That's very cool to hear, Mary Liz. And I plan on being one of the first to get a shirt and hat! I won't try swapping for anything either (shame on Joyce! LOL).

Lisa

GBheartandsoul
07-17-2002, 12:01 AM
Mary Liz thanks for the exciting and AWWWWWWWESOME news! I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the new division. I would absolutely love to get a TFK t-shirt and hat. This all so very :cool:!

I can't say this enough. Thank you Mary Liz for all that you do for TFK, Garth and all us PGers. Thanks for taking care of us and gracing us with your warmth, wit and thoughtfulness.

Seira:)

CaptMorgan
07-17-2002, 12:26 AM
This is amazing news!!!

I can't wait to see the t-shirt and hat and "possibly" get one! I can dream and hope, can't I? LOL That's going to be some heavy bidding, isn't it? Of course, all the money goes to a great cause, so it's double the benefit.

Mary Liz:
I know you don't like hearing this, and you won't take any credit, but you are truly amazing! I tip my hat to you! :)

Sher

no1cowgirl
07-17-2002, 12:49 AM
Very cool, Mary Liz :) You're so great and sweet and awesome ;)

Krista

Monica Lockhart
07-17-2002, 01:05 AM
Mary Liz,

The PGer's have certainly gone above and beyond with their continuous contributions to T4K! But...you and your dedication to organizing our fundraising efforts and delivering the money is appreciated more than we can tell you! Thank you for all you do!

Now, I tried to find another adjective to describe this news that you spilled to us today.. but I can't come up with a better word than awesome!

Obviously, the T-shirts and Hats will be very sought after. Special Thanks to GARTH and the staff at Teammates for giving the PGer's the opportunity to purchase these rare and meaningful items!

Now, I am thinking that the little secret that I know about you and the Jack In the Box Tacos might be enough ammunition for me to bribe my way into getting a hat or t-shirt! You would'nt want me to tell the whole PLANET your deep dark secret now would you Mary Liz??
:D

Moni

boppityboo
07-17-2002, 01:09 AM
Very :cool: news, Mary Liz! AWESOME! ;) Thanks soo much for bringing such great news. I can't wait to at least see the TFK shrits... WOW! first PG tee's now TFK ones... can life get any better??!! YUP! I want a Garth clone(seeing as Trisha will get the original. lol)!

Ellie

ProducerJ
07-17-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Monica Lockhart
Special Thanks to GARTH and the staff at Teammates for giving the PGer's the opportunity to purchase these rare and meaningful items!
Oh that reminds me Mary Liz, I meant to ask... are they going to be selling these on the Teammates website or anywhere else if you run out? Or am I going to need my checkbook AND salsa?
J.

CheyenneWindRoper
07-17-2002, 01:49 AM
No!!!

These are exclusive to PG only!

ProducerJ
07-17-2002, 01:58 AM
making mental note to have Big G double the next batch of salsa

All righty then! Thank you Teammates!
J.

CheyenneWindRoper
07-17-2002, 02:12 AM
With red :o faced embarrasement I accept your thanks, but.....You guys have to understand ~This all happens because of what you do. Not me!

I am the fortunate one who gets to make the trips to Denver on your behalf. I am the one who has gotten to meet & become friends with the AWESOME people on staff at T4K. (I wish I could explain how I love these ppl. It's kind of like trying to describe how I feel about Garth.......there are no words.) I am the one who gets the thanks from you and from T4K and for what? A few posts? A trip or two to Denver? Seems little enough for all I get in return. Someone I highly admire said it best.......

It was your song that made me sing
And it was your voice that gave me wings
And it was your light that shined
Guiding my heart to find
This place where I belong
It was your song

All my love, thanks and praise belongs to you and Teammates.

I applaud you all!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

Shiner03
07-17-2002, 03:01 AM
I don't post often, but I could not let this go unsaid....

Everyone who supports this program is a "TEAM" in one way or another...there is no "I" in team, but there is a team captain. You, Mary Liz, are our team captain when it comes to the support this "Planet" shows Teammates!!

Thank you for everything you do, from keeping us informed, to being our representative, to giving us that gentle reminder every so often that when things seem bad, sometimes helping others who are by far less fortunate makes everything in our lives seem a little less daunting, to just being our friend!!!!

I am very proud of they way you represent OUR team!!!

:) Tracy

Sara_Kwan
07-17-2002, 03:35 AM
i still want to thank you, Mary Liz for doing this for all of us. it's a great oppurtunity for us and i am sure we all feel honored. i'm still digging up some stuff i can contribute to this great cause... my room's a little messy ;).

Peace & Love,
-Sara

Teresa Morris
07-17-2002, 04:27 AM
Mary Liz,

First off...You know? I just LUVVVVVV to HATE u?! ;) LOL!!!

You are more than kind to give of YOUR time to represent us here at PG to the good folks at TFK. Though I know that it is an amazing experience for you personally, because of you, those of us who might never step a foot closer to the charity than walking an envelope to the mailbox each month...there's not enough words to say thank you for the support and respect you bring to TFK on behalf of all us here at Planet Garth.

Now, bout these shirts and hats???? Would me making an extra bound copy of all my columns with an awesome cover just for YOU count as a bribe?? Hum...thunked so!Caught again. Sorry Garth!! I just can't help myself...being naughty is just sooooooo YOU...I mean...ME!! Okay okay what I am trying to say is, as usual, my friend, it is ALL your fault. Hell, I have to blame my bad behavior on somebody. May as well blame it on the master. <weg> What can I say? You taught me well.

The hubby wondered why I paid off my Touch Em All Foundation credit card a few weeks ago. Little did HE know...hehehe...cause now
I plan to place a bid that will make ya heart pitter patter like the Shameless Swivel to get my hands on one of them shirts and one of them hats!!!!

On a more serious note, I am thrilled that TFK has agreed to offer, in whatever amounts they can, such great items to Planet Garth and its members to help further raise money for the children. God knows, I've asked often enough...when can we BUY this stuff to wear and display??!!I'm proud to be a Teammate and I want the world to know it.

Then for TFK to take things a step further and honor the fans along with corporations for our contributions...I just sat here and had tears rollin down my face reading that. It is truly OUR honor to be able to donate what we can, when we can. Now, to hear that we are being honored by Teammates For Kids, it's truly something that makes the heart smile.

I don't think I've ever been as proud as I am tonight of Garth's fans. We were all taught to believe and that we CAN make a difference. With every dollar, we do just that. For so many of us, it's a chance to give something back to Garth, something in his honor, for all he's given to us over the years. It's gifts from the heart to say thank you for a gift from a heart. And, then to think, there are children benefiting from that wonderful give and take. It's truly something that just fills you with pride to participate in.

God bless you Mary Liz. I'd be lying like a dawg layin out in the sun on the hot red Bama clay if I said I didn't envy the absolute heck out of you. But, by that same token, this Alabama stubborn southern belle knows just how lucky WE all are to have you to represent us and Planet Garth.

Teammates For Kids, I can't say thank you enough. Gifts of the heart don't ask or demand recognition, they aren't given for praise. They are simply what they are. On behalf of us all, it is truly an honor that you felt strongly enough about what we do to include us as "real" parts of your organization.

Garth, I love you and I miss you. THANK YOU for being you and never asking for anything more than you were willing to give yourself. I'll show up and be on your team anyday. Wherever you go, whatever you do...my support, love and respect goes with you.

Okay on that note, I'm taking my sleepy head to bed. I think it goes without saying...tonight, I will fall asleep with a smile on my face and a heart that one more time, is filled to over flowing.

Hugs & love to you all,

Teresa

countyfair_85
07-17-2002, 09:44 AM
**** MARY LIZ ****
*A Friend Of The Heart*

Sometimes her words
give a Gift Unseen...
Or they beckon many hearts
to a Charity theme.

With example and actions
she provokes our wills,
To make a difference in the lives
of young boys and girls.

The children are Blessed
by her devotion to them,
As their hearts silently thank
an Anonymous friend.

-Diane
~~~~~~~

CheyenneWindRoper
07-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Okay that's it! Now you all have gone and done it! Most especially your poem Diane!!!

You have reduced me to a mere puddle of mush.... and tears. What can I possibly say? Thank you? No! Doesn't seem at all adequate. I can't seem to find the words, so I will just say ~ THANKS TO YOU! Yes, That's it!

Thanks to you Garth

Thanks to you Teammates

Thanks to you PGers

You have all given me Your Song so that I might find my own!
What amazing gifts of love & friendship I have received from each and every one, none I could ever come close to repaying. You have all touched my heart and changed my life for which no just compensation would ever begin to be sufficient. I thank God every day for these gifts you so willingly give and so undesrvingly bestow upon me.

THANKS TO YOU!
God Bless You!

Mary Liz

GBronx
07-17-2002, 02:35 PM
Well, I'm speechless and teary eyed!!! What a wonderful way to show their appreciation for us "Team Planet Garth".

To Mary Liz our team captain (he... he.. biting off Tracy. :) )you give as good a pep talk as "The Gipper" to get us all motivated. And find new projects for us to get all excited and donate our few $$'s to add up to all those $777.77!!!!

I am one proud PG'er. And honored to be considered on the "TEAM"!!

Tony Arata
I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Garth Brooks

Jude
07-17-2002, 03:30 PM
Wow!

How do we get them from overseas??

Jude

YaGottaLoveGarth
07-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Ahem,

Would y'all quit brown-nosing MaryLiz?
It won't get you a tee-shirt or hat any faster!!

Besides.....she's MY BEST friend - Right Maryliz?? Mary??
Mare???

(hope you all can see the humor here)

PJG

CheyenneWindRoper
07-17-2002, 04:06 PM
I will have some very special offers coming up for only the people NOT in the North American continent.:)

Be patient with me and you all too will have an opportunity, all your very own, to own a piece of Teammates memorabilia! :)

Huggs,
Mary Liz

Jude
07-17-2002, 06:15 PM
I'm watching this space.

Jude

phillyfan77
07-17-2002, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all you do for us Mary Liz!!! :D You're the best!!!

This is great news!!!! T4K is the only way for alot of fans to let Garth know that we still support him and care about him, and hopefully, in some way, he knows. (I hope he knows how much we've put on our "Garth credit card" on trips to Nashville in hopes of seeing him again! LOL Having a picture of a smiling Garth on the credit card somehow makes all the spending seem alright!)

Jim :)

OKCOWGRL
07-17-2002, 07:44 PM
What a great honor for all of you. I am sure Garth appreciates all the hard work ALL of you do along with his individual fans who donate privately.

Congradulations to all of you.

Mica

TzeDance
07-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Thanks Mary Liz,

It is really a wonderful thought to be recognise ...
And thank you for all the works you did for us. Organizing all the contributions is not an easy job ...

You Rock,
Alyn

wmcinnis
07-18-2002, 11:24 PM
WOW Mary Liz, I'll just go with the flow and say this is awesome news:)

I agree 100% with my fellow PGer's, you are an amazing example to all of us. Your thoughtfulness and caring ways have shone through to so many here on the planet and I comend you for that. Thanks for everything you do Mary Liz to help us help others:)

-Susan-

Jude
07-19-2002, 02:42 AM
Mary Liz

I have already said awesome but upon thinking about this gesture I am totally gobsmacked.

Thanks again.

Jude

berriffic
07-19-2002, 04:54 AM
Mary Liz
Girl you blow me away. I have to say the biggest honor I will have at the convention will be to finally meet you and thank you in person for all you do. Although the hat/tees are exciting....I am just blown away that the little that we do is acknowledge by all the great people at TFK and Garth; and that never would have happened without you being our wonderful angel to TFK. Thank you so much sweetie

<3 ber

Garthologist
07-19-2002, 10:21 PM
WOW!! Thanks for all of your hard work - we are all thankful to have you on our "planet"!

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
07-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Double ditto to everything everyone has said Mary Liz :D YOU DA BOMB GIRL!!!!!!! :cool:

CC

ThunderRolls
07-28-2002, 05:16 AM
As always Mary Laz, thanks for highlighting TFK on here and all the important things you do for us, i too are keen to get some TFK stuff but living in the Uk is hard to do

Carl.

diem nash
07-29-2002, 07:00 AM
Angel you´re the greatest!

Thanks for making the staff from TFK loving us so much to do this!

:D :D :D

I have no idea, how you could do this?!

Love,

Maddy :D