PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks Lessons Learned

Paula
07-15-2002, 10:01 PM
I don't remember hearing any part of this before, which comes from countrystars.com. I wonder when and where this interview took place.
GARTH BROOKS LESSONS LEARNED POST DIVORCE

Garth Brooks says that the breakup of his marriage has taught him lessons about young love and his in-laws. Garth says that marrying young might not be right for everybody.

"My only thought to all people would be that somewhere in our lives we agreed that 18 was mature, 21 was legal to drink, and for some reason you're married at 21 or 22. All I can say is, if you have no doubt, good for you. You've got the rest of your life to be married. Take your time, make your decisions, and you can never say that anything dealing with children was a mistake. It just can't be. So there was a reason why the relationship happened with Sandy and I, and I think those three children are it."

ALSO, after the breakup, Garth wasn't sure how Sandy's family would treat him. "I live right there in the same town with her family, thinking her family would distance themselves from me. They have treated me like a king and they've been very sweet! I could only wish upon anybody so far what's happened to Sandy and me beyond marriage. As far as the love thing, I truly believe it's there, I truly believe it works, but to each his own and to each good luck."Paula

Garthfan92
07-15-2002, 11:18 PM
Thanks for finding that, Paula. I think it's great that they can still get along so well. Everyone should be so lucky!

Lisa

Garth_FANtasizer
07-16-2002, 12:52 AM
Thanks, Paula!

I have seen a small part of this comment from Garth but I don't remember where it was.

Those 3 little girls make it easy to have no regrets. They have wonderful parents who love them very much.

~Ann~

Sara_Kwan
07-16-2002, 03:43 AM
*smiles*

reading that made my day, Paula. thanks for sharing!

it almost makes me think they're getting back together...

-Sara

racmac
07-16-2002, 05:57 AM
The information came from an interview Garth did with one of the country countdown shows earlier this year or late last year, I have him actually on tape making the comments about his Divorce and what he learnt from it, the information from countrystars is very accurate. I will see if I can find out the exact details of which show and with who and will let you know.

Rachael

Kat30066
07-16-2002, 12:16 PM
please do that i would love to see it? it would totally make my day just like that message did!

lol

love and god bless

kathleen

CheyenneWindRoper
07-16-2002, 12:53 PM
I am not sure this is from an interview that Garth did around Thanksgiving, but, I remember reading or hearing comment very similar to this at that time.

I remember Garth saying that on Thanksgiving he was invited to spend the day at his in-laws, that he and Sandy had a marvelous time with their new found freindship, the little girls were happy to have the whole family together for the day and that Sandy and her family treated him like a "king".

Huggs,
Mary Liz

racmac
07-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Hi Guys,

As promised I said I would check out my file and see what I could find out. The piece is from an interview Garth did with Bob Kingsley on the Country Countdown Show he hosts. Still not sure what date this took place but its suggested in the interview its a year he filed for divorce.

If you would like to hear Garth talk about it click on the link

http://home.pacific.net.au/~marytm/gbdivorce.mp3

Rachael :)

ps: Had to include a hot picture of the boy!

Garth_FANtasizer
07-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks Rachael! I miss hearing his voice. It's awesome whenever I get a chance to listen to it! :)

~Ann~

CheyenneWindRoper
07-16-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the happy post Rachael!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

bethany
07-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Always good to hear that voice. Thanks for sharing that.

Bethany

Paula
07-16-2002, 08:41 PM
Thanks for that clip Rachael...and a special thanks for that beautiful picture!:D

Paula

berriffic
07-19-2002, 05:12 AM
God Bless him! I have said it before and i will say it again. If I hold my standards for men to Garth....I will be single the rest of my life! LOL He is perfect not because he never makes a mistake, and not because he is charming and wonderful, but because with all his heart he does his best to do right by the people he loves. He is a king!

<3 ber

boppityboo
07-21-2002, 02:37 PM
I think it's great that they can still get along so well. Everyone should be so lucky!

That's me! I'm one of the lucky ones. Although Ken and I are only separated, we married young also(he was 21, I was 20), had three girls, heck, even married a week apart from Garth. :) I am still treated the same with his parents who live 5 min away. My family has no hard feelings for him,(they live back east). We still do things together as a family. Our kids are well adjusted(we hope!)Main thing, though, is we are still best friends. So, here's to you and me Garth! We are the lucky few who can still have a great relationship with our ex's families. :)

"I live right there in the same town with her family, thinking her family would distance themselves from me. They have treated me like a king and they've been very sweet! I could only wish upon anybody so far what's happened to Sandy and me beyond marriage.

That is soooo me, only in reverse. lol.

Ellie.

Thanks for sharing that Paula.