PDA

View Full Version : Article: "Trisha Back In Town"

Garth_FANtasizer
07-12-2002, 02:45 PM
From www.bostonglobe.com

Trisha back in town: Country-pop songbird Trisha Yearwood played the July Fourth celebration at the Hatch Shell a few years ago and has since returned to the area each summer to play suburban venues. But she's back in the city tomorrow night to share what should be a dynamite bill with Vince Gill at FleetBoston Pavilion. ''I'm doing three or four shows with Vince this summer, but the Boston show is the first one,'' Yearwood says. ''I did a lot of shows with him back in 1994, and I sang harmony on his recording of `Whenever You Come Around.' We haven't talked about it yet, but if he's interested, I'll come out and sing that again with him. Maybe I'll just walk out anyway!''

Yearwood, who also performs at the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis on Sunday, has become a Nashville maverick in recent years as she has clung to her own vision. That means singing country music with some intelligence, rather than being just a pretty face with a vacant mind. ''I'm not real encouraged by what I hear on [country] radio right now,'' she says. ''I think it's in an identity crisis. Too many people are wondering what Nashville wants, rather than being an artist.'' Yearwood is still thankful that she gets radio airplay after being in the business for more than a decade, but she's also planning to reevaluate things after this tour. ''I've been on the road for 11 years in a row, so I'm going to take a break.''

~Ann~

NFerris
07-12-2002, 03:12 PM
Oh - let's hope it's a short break! I can't do without Trisha's music! I understand her perspective though. Maybe Garth & Trisha can take a break together - and come back strong with a great DUET album!!! Yeah - that's gotta be the plan :)

AngelTrisha9
07-12-2002, 05:36 PM
Euh... Naomi... I REALLY hate to say this but duet album and short break shouldn't go in the same post! Cause if Trisha takes a break to do the duet album with Garth, she won't tour for the next ten year... At least! (Whao... did I really say that on a Garth page?) But I'm not surprised that she's taking a break, I wonder what she will give us after that, last time was RLW (Which was quite AWESOME!) so who knows! And thanks for posting the article!

Teaser210
07-12-2002, 06:08 PM
Annie, and that's why I'm going to 10 Trisha concerts this year... gotta stock up, I'm leary it might be a loooong winter.

AngelTrisha9
07-12-2002, 06:35 PM
Shoot... I tried to attend more than the one in Atlanta, but on Trisha's map of america, there's a HUGE gap around my area... she ALWAYS is at least 6 hours away from me, and when you don,t drive and have to rely on others, it's a complete no-no, no matter how much you beg (and trust me, I have!). So I saw her once this year and I'm amazed I even saw her. But Trisha concert in my case are expensive... I hate living in MTL!

ProducerJ
07-13-2002, 01:32 AM
Trisha taking a break from the road? Very interesting... very interesting timing....

J.

Teaser210
07-13-2002, 03:40 PM
My sentiments exactly, Joyce.

Annie, don't tell me you still aren't driving!!! You still haven't got your license? Ugh!

AngelTrisha9
07-13-2002, 04:05 PM
Terry, except where Trisha is concerned, I DON'T need my license! There's a perfectly good transport service that can get me from one end of the island to the other and beyond when you know where you're going. My dad usually doesn't complain about driving me here and there, as long as it's within an hour away from home. And with the Trisha trips I did this year, I don't have the 400$ for the classes... and even if I was to get my temporary permit, it would still be eight months until I can drive on my own, no way I could go and see Trisha, huh? And I'd need a car at that! Right there, we go beyond expensive and it's not my job that's gonna allow me to have one! But if you can loan me the money, I will gladly get my license, but until then, I have to make do with city buses, thank you very much.