PDA

View Full Version : Wolftrap Show - Amazing

racmac
07-10-2002, 01:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just getting back from seeing Trisha at Wolftrap tonight and wanted to let everyone know how AMAZING the show was. Trisha came on about 9.00pm and played through till shortly after 10.30pm I think it was.

Her support act was Sons Of The Dessert and they were a lot of fun and even though there was a storm during their set they warmed the fans up great for Trisha.

The venue is totally amazing to see and I can totally understand why Trisha loves performing there. Its an outdoor venue but its structure is made of all timber and the acoustics are unbelievable.

When you have voice like Trisha's in a venue like that you truly have perfection and its exactly what she delivered tonight.

Through the show she sang a variety of songs and had stories to tell and that woman is just too funny!

The Set List (in order)

Thats What I Like About You
X's & O's
Inside Out
The Song Remembers When
Love Alone
Where Are You Now
Walkaway Joe
For A While
Like We Never Had A Broken Heart
Believe Me Baby I Lied
She's In Love With The Boy
I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners
Perfect Love
Wrong Side Of Memphis
How Do I Live

Encores

Living In The USA (??)
American National Anthem (the entire crowd stood and sang it with her - amazing to see)
Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I have't seen Trisha live since October 2000 and it was a show that will always be an amazing memory of
seeing her perform there.

Part 2 Coming soon.....

Rachael :)

racmac
07-10-2002, 01:30 AM
Part 2 - The Stories

Opps...forgot to post what she wearing before...

She had on a long blue patterned flowing skirt with a black sweater with three quarter sleeves and black boots. She looked gorgeous as always.

Trisha was in top form tonight with her chatter between songs and had many stories to share, a few I have seen posted here before and a few I have not heard before so here goes...

After singing the first two songs she welcomed the crowd and said hi and made a announcement to everyone that Photos were welcome and we could take as many as we wanted. She then went on to say try and take them in the next two songs while her hair still had some curl, she joked it gets nasty after that, lol. It was 100 degrees here today and even though there was a broef storm the humidty level was unreal.

She told the story before she sang Love Alone about taking her mum and dad into the studio with her and asking them to listen to it and give their opinion and how her dad just thought it was loud.

She commented between songs that Aretha Franklin had played the venue last night and jokingly said "pity she cant sing" the crowd were laughing so hard. Then she went on to tell the story of singing with Aretha at the White House when Clinton was president (she has a wicked sense of humor). She commented for the first time ever that the President was late for the lighting of the christmas tree but she had no idea why and then how when he came Aretha sang. Now she described what Aretha was wearing being a red shawl affair over her outfit and at the end of her performance she bowed and was revealing more than anyone needed to see. She ended with she was glad she had already performed because she didnt want to follow that. The crowd were dying listening to her tell this one.

We got the Strawberry Wine story and how she was offered the song first by Matraca but she didnt see the song about a girl losing her virginity in a wine field as a hit, she was having a blonder moment than she thought. Then she added onto this one about playing in New Jersery a few days ago and how Brittany was playing across the street, out of the blue she sang 2 lines of the only Brittany song she claims to know.

Her next bit of banter is new because it literally only took place yesterday here in Virginia according to her. She wanted to say Hi to a person in the audience who she met yesterday while shopping at a local mall, so she called out Hi to the girl. Then out of the blue she started telling us she met this girl while being in a Lingerie Store purchasing some unmentionables and she thanked the gorl for not sharing what she bought or what size it was. She was just too funny to describe with words, the more she tried to end it the deeper into it she got until she commented she knew she needed to plan her between song banter better. She did share though the girl who worked in the store was very sweet and asked her "Aren't you a country singer" to which Trisha replied "Yes, I am one of them" the girl finally admitted she didnt want to embaress her she knew who she was and had tickets to the show tonight. It was funny and sweet at the same time.

She had a few words to say about Vince Gill because she was jealous he sings higher than her and has longer eye lashes, LOL!

Oh Keith Horn was there tonight but he played with Sons Of The Dessert only and not Trisha so that was interesting to see.

It was great meeting you Sue and Lisa, thanks for making the time to find me, its GREAT meeting fellow Trisha fans, I had a blast.

Ok, thats about it from me, I am sure others will have information to add, hope you enjoyed reading this.

Rachael

Garth_FANtasizer
07-10-2002, 06:57 AM
Excellent review, Rachael!

She's too funny! Sounds like you had a blast! It also sounds like Garth is going to have a blast in the near future as well from her shopping spree! :p LOL

Look out Garth - She's a "Real Live Woman!"

~Ann~

racmac
07-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Hey Ann,

Glad you enjoyed my reivew of the Trisha show, she really was in top form last night and if anyone even gets the chance to see her live at Wolftrap you should go.

One other thing I forgot to mention....it was the third song in when she sang Inside Out and she noticed a woman in the first few rows was holding up a cell phone, she gestured to this woman to hand over the phone so she did and trisha walked around the stage singing and holding the phone to her ear singing to this guy and talking to him, the crowd loved it. At the end of the song when she gave the phone back she commented jokinly "I hope he wasnt calling to just as you to bring home milk and here I was thinking I was giving some guy a thrill" LOL!

Also the crowd loved her so much she got several standing ovations throughout the performance. She really is one class act and worth seeing anytime you can.

ProducerJ
07-10-2002, 10:31 AM
What a great review Rachael! I felt like I was there and could see her getting embarrassed, talking on the cell phone, etc.

Tomorrow's Washington Post will probably review the show and say "Trisha Yearwood, country singer, bantered easily with her audience Tuesday night, in between hit songs from her 10 year career mixed with songs from her current album. Yearwood has reportedly been dating country superstar Garth Brooks."

Thanks for bringing us the full story!
Have I told you lately?

YOU ROCK! :)
J.

TrishaNGarthFan
07-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone,

I just got home from the Wolftrap concert last night. Rachael, it was a pleasure to finally meet you!!!

I couldn't describe the concert any better than you did, so I won't add anything to it. I did happen to see 2 of Trisha's friends at the show, I recognized them from the Intimate Portrait tape-I was standing in line with them waiting to get it. They only had lawn seats though-I thought that was odd.

It was the funniest thing to see at Wolftrap. People get there insanely early and sit down on the ground with their coolers, etc. Then like clockwork, 10 mins. before the gates are to open, they all stand up. I looked at my husband and we began to laugh, it was like a herd of cattle getting up off the ground. Then, as soon as the time came for them to let us in, people took off running as fast as they can down the hill to get their lawn seats. At first we didn't have any idea what was going on-it was just like all of the sudden 300 people jumped to their feet. Then to watch them run like crazy people, we were literally LOL!

As Rachael said, Trisha was AMAZING. I felt the concert went a little too quick, but when you're engrossed in something such as that, time flies. If anyone is having second thoughts about going to see Trisha, erase it from your mind. You won't be disappointed.

Sue

TrishaNGarthFan
07-10-2002, 06:12 PM
These little "things" keep popping into my mind.

Like clockwork, as we were leaving Buffalo on Monday afternoon for Wolftrap, We happened to be listening to the Canadian station and "Where Your Road Leads" came on. (That sorry excuse we have for a country station in Buffalo, NEVER plays this song). Well anyhow, that was "uplifting." Then as we get out of broadcasting area of Spirit 91.7 and into (I think) Froggy (near PA), my husband thought I was flipping out (well maybe I was a little). --Thicker Than Blood came on the radio. I explained it was the new single, and his eyebrows came down. Then all along the way we picked up the nicest stations, that played a lot of a variety of Garth and Trisha.

It left us puzzled, thinking "what is wrong with our local station?"

I know this post is a little off topic, but since it was from our way to Trisha's concert, I included it here.
Sue

racmac
07-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Hi All,

I got my photos developed from last night today and managed to get a few of the scanned onto a disk to share with you all. Hope you enjoy them, click the links to down load them.

http://home.pacific.net.au/~trishayearwood/trisha/ty-collage1.jpg

http://home.pacific.net.au/~trishayearwood/trisha/ty-collage2.jpg

Once again she was just amazing and in top vocal form.

Paula
07-10-2002, 08:42 PM
Great pictures, Rachael! She is really looking good!

Paula

Garthfan92
07-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Awesome pics! Sounds like it was another great show too. Thanks for all the details, Rachael!

Lisa