PDA

View Full Version : The Hall of Fame

Steven75407
07-09-2002, 01:43 PM
I've heard a lot about the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. I'd like to know if what else, besides Garth's stuff, is in there representing today's stars. I know that Reba's gown is in there, but what else?

ProducerJ
07-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey Steven - are you doing a project on the Hall? Or maybe thinking of a visit?

The new museum is done like country music history... you start at the 3rd floor with early country music from the Carter family and work your way down to more modern stuff on the 2nd floor.

I think in your other thread someone mentioned all the gold and platinum records on the walls. Reba's collection of costumes from Annie Get Your Gun are in there. Marty Stuart has a huge collection of memoribilia he's collected, including some of his own jackets and boots. Kenny Rogers has a photo exhibit of country artist portraits that he's taken - Tim, Faith, Martina, Brad Paisley, Dolly amongst others. The Judds have stuff in there - costumes, and Naomi's washing machine. The Star Experience Theatre shows a movie that goes behind the scenes with Tim and Faith on the Road. There are clothing items, boots, and guitars from dozens of modern artists, as well as video clips from many more. Really, the entire 2nd floor is modern country artists. AND, if all that isn't cool enough - they have the corn field from Hee Haw.

The Hall of Fame's website is www.HallofFame.org if you haven't been there. Is there a particular artist you are wondering about?
J.

Garthologist
07-09-2002, 06:19 PM
When I was in Nashville in Feb last year it was not open yet and I cant wait to get down there to see it as soon as I can - it sounds terrific!

Steven75407
07-09-2002, 11:27 PM
is there anything on george strait, shania twain, brooks & dunn, or the dixie chicks in there?