PDA

View Full Version : In Joan's Memory

Teresa Morris
07-05-2002, 05:20 PM
Dear Garth friends,

As I'm sure many of you have heard....Joan Miller from Maine passed away July 3rd. She fought a hard fight with an expectional attitude of grace, strength, and resolve. I had the pleasure of knowing Joan a long time. I was first introduced to her by a friend, Garth fan, and neighbor here in Athens who loved Joan dearly and thought the absolute world of her. I know many of you know of her through Garth Pals pen pals and also through her address in "the believer" when they listed pen pals. She had a very generous spirit and loving heart. She truly was one of Garth's "believers".

I plan to send a donation to Teammates For Kids in her memory. Anyone who would like to be included in a group donation, you can contact me for my mailing address at AlwaysGB@aol.com. Of course, if you'd rather not be included in a group donation, you may wish to send a donation on your own.

Knowing how much Joan loved Garth and his music, it seems a fitting goodbye and tribute to her. She was always willing to share of herself, her memories and her time with anyone who reached a hand out to her. She will be missed.

Hugs and love to you all....

Teresa

CheyenneWindRoper
07-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Teresa,

I am sad to hear of Joan's death.....but, the Lord has her to keep him company now! She can chat endlessly with Colleen now too!

I will happily make a donation in her honor! If you would like, I will gladly hand carry the donation, once you have it all put together, to them. I am working on several Teammates projects and will probably be down at the office frequently over the next couple of months ~ so, let me know.

God bless you Joan!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

Teresa Morris
07-05-2002, 05:36 PM
ML,

THAT would be so very sweet. Thank you! I think that would be even more special. I really don't see a trip to Colorado (or anywhere else for that matter!)in my future. I'm just not enough of an impluse person for that. I gotta plan to the nth degree.

Joan was one hell of a lady and yes, you are right.....her and Colleen have a LOT to talk about. Thanks for that smile. Time can be such a healer, but also such a heart breaker. Days go by way too fast but the memories grow sweeter all the time.

Teresa

PJ
07-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Thanks for writing those words T and posting here and on Gbox. I also was privileged to call Joan friend. I know her last days were spent in pain and hope she is finally able to move around and see the places she couldn't visit while on Earth. The thought of her chatting up Mama Brooks in a very comforting thought!

Teresa Morris
07-22-2002, 01:24 AM
I want to thank all who have responded either by posting, emails or IM's. I have collected a number of donations and just wanted to let you all know that I would like to have all donations by Wednesday July 31st. If you are still interested in sending, please contact me at AlwaysGB@aol.com for my snail addy. I also encourage any of you who prefer to not send in a group, to please send a donation to Teammates For Kids in Joan's memory on your own.

Thanks for your support and for remembering Joan in such a special way...I know it would mean a lot to her.

Teresa