PDA

View Full Version : In Joan's Memory

Teresa Morris
07-05-2002, 05:18 PM
Dear Garth friends,

As I'm sure many of you have heard....Joan Miller from Maine passed away July 3rd. She fought a hard fight with an expectional attitude of grace, strength, and resolve. I had the pleasure of knowing Joan a long time. I was first introduced to her by a friend, Garth fan, and neighbor here in Athens who loved Joan dearly and thought the absolute world of her. I know many of you know of her through Garth Pals pen pals and also through her address in "the believer" when they listed pen pals. She had a very generous spirit and loving heart. She truly was one of Garth's "believers".

I plan to send a donation to Teammates For Kids in her memory. Anyone who would like to be included in a group donation, you can contact me for my mailing address at AlwaysGB@aol.com. Of course, if you'd rather not be included in a group donation, you may wish to send a donation on your own.

Knowing how much Joan loved Garth and his music, it seems a fitting goodbye and tribute to her. She was always willing to share of herself, her memories and her time with anyone who reached a hand out to her. She will be missed.

Hugs and love to you all....

Teresa

GBinMyHrt
07-05-2002, 08:08 PM
You said it all. Joan was generous, caring and so much more. She was a true friend that you could always count on.

She will be deeply missed. :(

carmen

Monica Lockhart
07-06-2002, 12:09 AM
I didn't know Joan but my heartfelt sympathy goes out to her family and her Garthbuds.

Moni

PJ
07-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Joan was a sweet lady who always took the time to brighten a day with a picture of her beautiful state of Maine or just sharing a story. I will miss our chats and Garth talk, but at least she is finally without pain.

Vanessa
07-06-2002, 03:24 PM
I neither ever knew Joan but she will be missed :( May God rest her soul.

Vanessa

Garthfan92
07-06-2002, 09:45 PM
I didn't know Joan either, but my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

Lisa

boppityboo
07-07-2002, 11:18 PM
I didn't know some of you knew Joan also. We've been writing each other for years now. I was deeply saddened to learn of her passing. She was a great lady and a real friend despite the distance between us geographically, nationally and age wise. Joan.. you're with Mama Brooks now....Garth has another Angel watching out for him. My most heartfelt sympathies to Bonnie(her daughter) and the rest of her family.

Ellie

Teresa Morris
07-07-2002, 11:51 PM
Ellie,

I had no idea you knew Joan either. Small world and so much of that is in part because of Garth. :) He sure brought a lot of hearts together in a "place" where age, sex, location, time or space really did cease to matter.

I'm glad you had the privilege of knowing Joan. Bonnie sent me an email and was very happy that her Mom would be remembered with donations to T4K.

All of you who have expressed your sympathies even though you did not know her...I just have to say it again, Garth fans are the BEST there is. Not only do you care about and reach out to those you know, but to those who've touched the lives of people you DO know.

Teresa

diem nash
07-08-2002, 10:50 AM
I couldnīt be online lately so I missed it.

Itīs very sad to hear that a Garth-Angel left. But in every bad is something good. Like you said. Now sheīs watching over Garth, but even all of you she called her friends and family. Sheīs helping another great angel in Godīs greatest army - Mama Brooks! :)

Unfortunately I didnīt know her, but I feel the love she left in all of your hearts and that tells me, that sheīs been a wonderful lady and now sheīs an even more wonderful, caring angel.

Count me in the donation. Mary Liz, Iīll contact you soon.

If itīs not too hard Iīd like to hear some more about Joan. But even if not I know enough! :)

Take care all!

Love,

Maddy :)

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
07-09-2002, 03:56 PM
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Teresa and Boppity Boo. While I (too) did not know Joan, my heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to all of her family and friends. God bless them all.

(((HUGS))) ~ CC

Teresa Morris
07-09-2002, 07:31 PM
I just wanted to say that I thank you all for your sympathies expressed and for the wonderful reaction to sending donations in Joan's memory to Teammates For Kids.

Her daughter was very moved by the notion that people would do this in her Mom's memory. Hopefully, we have all helped make this time a little easier for her.

U are the BEST!

Teresa

countyfair_85
07-11-2002, 03:31 PM
This is sad, sad news... :(

I hope her daughter finds the comfort she deserves...
her mother was truly a friend of Garth and the music.

I still have all the letters Joan sent to me during the
time we were pen-pals thru the believer magazine.
We stopped writing to each other a few years ago when I
moved...and went online.

I'll have to get those letters together and send them to
her daughter...maybe she'll want read them,
after some time goes by.

-Diane
~~~~~~~

ScoobLuvsGarth3
07-11-2002, 04:37 PM
i didnt know Joan either, :*( but my thoughts and prayers are with her friends and her family. God bless all of them...

berriffic
07-12-2002, 05:44 AM
My prayers and love go out to all who knew and loved our dear garth friend. I am sure her and Garths momma are looking down on us together tonite. God Bless

<3 ber

Teresa Morris
07-22-2002, 01:34 AM
I want to thank all who have responded either by posting, emails or IM's. I have collected a number of donations and just wanted to let you all know that I would like to have all donations by Wednesday July 31st. If you are still interested in sending, please contact me at AlwaysGB@aol.com for my snail addy. I also encourage any of you who prefer to not send in a group, to please send a donation to Teammates For Kids in Joan's memory on your own.

Thanks for your support and for remembering Joan in such a special way...I know it would mean a lot to her.

Teresa