PDA

View Full Version : Dreamchaser's "Garth Brooks:Beyond the Walls"?

fuzzwuzz
07-04-2002, 01:05 PM
and Dublin connections?(U2; Bozone/Ronan Keating)

music video
Garth Brooks
Ain't Goin' Down 'Til the Sun Comes Up
The River

Two videos cut from the same cloth, so to speak. At the end of Garth Brooks' world tour he released two singles to Country Music Television coloured in, so to speak, with footage from the road.
Ain't Goin' Down 'Til the Sun Comes Up is a racous, high volume, warp speed, rant of a singalong that was traditionally the encore of the live show and the final push over the sensory perception cliff for an already gobsmacked and overloaded audience. So to speak.

In total contrast to all this The River is a slow, melodic, meandering piece which utilised the quieter moments of life on the road to create an altogether more moody and reflective atmosphere.

The two extremes of an extraordinary performer
http://www.dreamchaser.ie/television/index.html

GARTH BROOKS: Tryin' to Rope the World

Garth Brooks: Tryin' to Rope the World is an NBC television special cut from the longform programme, 'Garth Brooks : Beyond the Walls'. The programme tells the story of the most successful artist of the '90's on his first foray outside of his American homeland.
Directed by Maurice Linnane and produced by Ned O'Hanlon, the documentary was shot entirely on Beta SP and Hi8 and includes in-depth interviews with the artist and his family, performance cuts all over the world and a very definite and very personal insight into the phenomenon that is Garth Brooks.

Over 200 hours of footage was cut down on an Avid non-linear editing system and the finished programme was first broadcast on NBC on the 13th of December, 1995.

managing director
NED O' HANLON
In December 1990 Ned O' Hanlon left the Dublin based film company Windmill Lane Pictures and founded Dreamchaser Productions. Situated initially in the basement of his house and starting with a handful of low-budget promos, Ned set about growing the company's client base.

In February 1991 Ned was appointed Executive Producer for all TV and film work related to U2's 'Achtung Baby' album, which begot the record breaking 'Zoo TV' World Tour, which segued into the 'Zooropa' album and tour, all of which culminated in the Zoomerang tour and the concert film, 'U2 - Zoo TV, Live from Sydney'. In 1994 , 'U2 - Zoo TV, Live from Sydney' won a Grammy for 'Best Long Form Music Video'. All told it was a busy couple of years.

Also in 1994 Ned produced the inaugural MTV Europe Music Awards. The show was broadcast live from a purpose built venue at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate and reached an estimated audience of over 200 million. Ned also produced the even more successful show from Paris the following year, and capped a hat trick of successes with the '96 event from London's Alexander Palace. In 1997 Ned again assumed the producer's responsibilities for U2's PopMart world tour, a truly amazing live show spectacle which culminated in a live broadcast from Mexico City in December of that year.

January of '98 saw Ned in New York producing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 13th annual induction ceremony. And in-between times Ned has produced most of the projects Maurice has worked on.
http://www.dreamchaser.ie/who/ml/index.html

artistic director
MAURICE LINNANE
In 1992 Maurice Linnane joined as the creative director of Dreamchaser Productions, formalising a handshake arrangement made when they both worked in Windmill Lane. He then continued doing what he had spent the previous two years doing - directing documentary, commercial, promotional and show elements in his role as Artistic Director of U2's Zoo TV World Tour.

In January of 1994 Maurice started work on a major documentary for country music giant, Garth Brooks. The programme, which followed Garth around the world on his first major foray outside of America, resulted in a very different and very personal portrait of America's most successful recording artist. 'Tryin' to Rope the World' was completed in December of 1995 and broadcast on NBC in the same month. Projects for 1996 included concert videos for Boyzone (in Wembley) and Neil Young ( in Dublin).

In December '96 a very prestigious scalp was claimed with the winning of the contract to produce the new 'Hall of Fame' installation at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. Work was finally completed on the project in March, 1998.

Alongside this Maurice has also worked on, and completed, videos and programmes and all sorts for such luminaries as: The Chieftains (The Long Black Veil), Van Morrison (Why Must I Always Explain), Atlantic Records (A Celtic Celebration) and U2 (A Year in Pop).

fuzzwuzz
07-12-2002, 03:19 AM
Dear Dale,

Thank you very much for your kind words and comments. Unfortunately, I can not say if anything will be happening with the extra Garth Brooks footage. As we are only employed to shoot the production we have no ownership (or say!) in what happens once the project is complete. I think Garth's website would be the best place to keep an eye out for that kind of info.

Again, thank you for your email, we really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Vanessa Moss
Production Coordinator

Dreamchaser Productions
The Yellow House
Strand Rd.
Killiney
Co. Dublin
IRELAND

Ph: +353 1 200 5088
Fx: +353 1 282 7879
Em: info@dreamchaser.ie

I emailed Vanessa back. She said she wasn't with the company then, but assumes Garth's management has got it. I just wonder if some of that is going into The Lamb and the Chris Gaines project. Garth did suggest he's taped things for that at his concerts. That's an awful lot of footage going to "waste." Anybody ever hear anything about the project Garth Brooks: Beyond the Walls, before I found this info?

jstensig
07-12-2002, 06:41 AM
Sure sounds interesting!

Jakob

Garth_FANtasizer
07-12-2002, 07:26 AM
200 hours of Garth footage! Wuoldn't you love to have that!

Noone would see me for at least a week!

~Ann~

Snow
07-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Ann.... there's only 168 hours in a week. What parts are you going to skip? *lol* ;)

Garth_FANtasizer
07-12-2002, 12:32 PM
Well, I figure I'd be half way through by the end of the week. I would have to stop for sleep, cold showers and some food every now and then. :)
I'd stop in here at PG at the end of the week to make sure I didn't miss Garth eating fudge, drinking beer, garage sale hopping, late night dinners at Trisha's or any wedding anouncements.

By the time I get done with the whole tape, I'm sure the tabloids will fill me in on how Trisha gave birth to twin boys. LOL

~Ann~

diem nash
07-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by fuzzwuzz
I think Garth's website would be the best place to keep an eye out for that kind of info.

Thatīs us! ;)

Dale, thanks for sharing this with us.

Ann, youīre such a cutie!!!

:D :D :D

Huggs to both of you!

Love!

Maddy :D

countyfair_85
07-12-2002, 03:37 PM
ROFLOL Ann!
I think you'll figure out a way to fit '200' hours into a week...
or maybe even a night! :)
I've always admired your determination to perform unusual acts when it comes to Garth... I even remember those little 'g' logos you left around the yard one time while marking your territory! :eek:

Dale... is this Dreamchaser production company part of the
"Horse Of Troy" productions?
I remember the TV special "Garth Brooks Tryin' To Rope The World" listed the "Horse of Troy" as the production company of that special.

-Diane

diem nash
07-12-2002, 03:49 PM
I even remember those little 'g' logos you left around the yard one time while marking your territory!

Thatīs our lovely Ann!

Too cute!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

OLE1
07-12-2002, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Diane - As fars as we know "House of Troy" worked with Dreamchaser on the footage in Dublin as here it was nearly 3 hrs long when they aired "Beyond the Walls". The Irish version was very different to the European version and the US version with more interviews in Dublin before the 1st show of his world tour and after the tour. Lots of emotion and laughs with the band. When garth was over for the Irish music awards he thanked both production teams.

Ole

fuzzwuzz
07-12-2002, 10:34 PM
Ole, you're not making any sense. Did it really air? You'd think we would have known about it if it aired here? And from what it says at Dream Chasers, Tryin' To Rope the World was cut from the longform Beyond the Walls, and was taped all over the world. Was the smallform one we've seen focused on Ireland exclusively? I can't remember. I missed most of Garth's career so I'm still "retracing" my steps so-to-speak. But I do clearly remember it ending with the Dream Chaser logo, which cut itself off quick from the homemadetape Diane sent me, and I also remember rewinding it and playing in slow motion so I could see what it said. And then, when I saw the logo again on the very recent U2 dvd, I remembered where I saw it before, and thought I should check it out. Who knows. Perhaps part of Chris Gaines story ties into Garth's world tour? Or, perhaps, we'll never see it. But, never say never, with Garth now "retired." :)

Maybe I should email Vanessa back about this House of Troy too.

OLE1
07-13-2002, 10:17 AM
Hi,

It aired here on our national channel as "Beyond the Walls" but wasn't 200 hrs long. We wish LOL. All the footage from Tryin' to Rope the World" was in there but with a lot of extra, stuff from the Dublin shows, interviews before and after, press cons, Garth and family, on tv here etc. Tryin' to Rope the World" was shown here on a British channel about 3 months after "Beyond the Walls". The ones shown here ended with Dreamchaser then Horse of Troy productions.

countyfair_85
07-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Hey Ole...

I'm just curious...:)
We're you by any chance a part of the crowd that gathered outside the radio station in Ireland when Garth stood on the bus in his pajama's and sang?
If you were... please share all you can about it!??? :D

Thanks,
Diane

OLE1
07-14-2002, 07:31 AM
There's not really that much to tell. You guys probably know it all already LOL Garth was doing an interview for the station and had his guitar as he was playing some stuff off "Sevens" which hadn't been released yet and some of the older stuff acoustic live in the studio. People knew he was doing the interview and as the interview went on more and more people gathered outside to catch a glimpse. Afterwards he came out to huge cheers apu and was asked to do a song but the crowd was so deep not everyone could see so he got on top of the mini-bus and sang. He wasn't expecting that reception as you can tell by his attire LOL The rest as they say is history. That piece off footage was shown constantly on tv here for months after. Very funny.

OLE1
07-16-2002, 07:43 AM
Hi,

Fuzzwuzz- Just did some checking and the last logo on the video of "Beyond The Walls" that was shown here was infact "Horse of Troy Productions". They also produced the "Ireland & Back" video that accompanied the DL box set.

Kat30066
07-16-2002, 11:12 AM
just wondering what kind of PJ'S was he wearing?????? did you get any pictures?

OLE1
07-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Hi,

Don't know about Fuzzwuzz but we got real good one's while he was over here. We will try scan them.

Btw That was in 1997 not part of "Beyond The Walls" but "Ireland & Back" etc. incase anybody's screaming at the tv wondering why there's no pj'd Garth LOL

Kat30066
07-23-2002, 10:03 AM
thanks i would love it if you caould scan them!

fuzzwuzz
03-11-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm bringing this back up for Kelby.

Vanessa
03-11-2004, 09:56 PM
thanks dale and everyone else for their insight into this cool GB video footage :) I'd love to see 200 hours of GB stuff..;)

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

fuzzwuzz
03-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Just be patient Vanessa! Some things are worth the wait! And don't forget, Garth has implied his world tour is where he gets CG's live footage. Maybe he's saving it for The Lamb?

garthtacular
03-12-2004, 12:18 AM
and Dublin connections?(U2; Bozone/Ronan Keating)

music video
Garth Brooks
Ain't Goin' Down 'Til the Sun Comes Up
The River

Two videos cut from the same cloth, so to speak. At the end of Garth Brooks' world tour he released two singles to Country Music Television coloured in, so to speak, with footage from the road.
Ain't Goin' Down 'Til the Sun Comes Up is a racous, high volume, warp speed, rant of a singalong that was traditionally the encore of the live show and the final push over the sensory perception cliff for an already gobsmacked and overloaded audience. So to speak.

In total contrast to all this The River is a slow, melodic, meandering piece which utilised the quieter moments of life on the road to create an altogether more moody and reflective atmosphere.

The two extremes of an extraordinary performer

GARTH BROOKS: Tryin' to Rope the World

Garth Brooks: Tryin' to Rope the World is an NBC television special cut from the longform programme, 'Garth Brooks : Beyond the Walls'. The programme tells the story of the most successful artist of the '90's on his first foray outside of his American homeland.
Directed by Maurice Linnane and produced by Ned O'Hanlon, the documentary was shot entirely on Beta SP and Hi8 and includes in-depth interviews with the artist and his family, performance cuts all over the world and a very definite and very personal insight into the phenomenon that is Garth Brooks.

Over 200 hours of footage was cut down on an Avid non-linear editing system and the finished programme was first broadcast on NBC on the 13th of December, 1995.

managing director
NED O' HANLON
In December 1990 Ned O' Hanlon left the Dublin based film company Windmill Lane Pictures and founded Dreamchaser Productions. Situated initially in the basement of his house and starting with a handful of low-budget promos, Ned set about growing the company's client base.

In February 1991 Ned was appointed Executive Producer for all TV and film work related to U2's 'Achtung Baby' album, which begot the record breaking 'Zoo TV' World Tour, which segued into the 'Zooropa' album and tour, all of which culminated in the Zoomerang tour and the concert film, 'U2 - Zoo TV, Live from Sydney'. In 1994 , 'U2 - Zoo TV, Live from Sydney' won a Grammy for 'Best Long Form Music Video'. All told it was a busy couple of years.

Also in 1994 Ned produced the inaugural MTV Europe Music Awards. The show was broadcast live from a purpose built venue at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate and reached an estimated audience of over 200 million. Ned also produced the even more successful show from Paris the following year, and capped a hat trick of successes with the '96 event from London's Alexander Palace. In 1997 Ned again assumed the producer's responsibilities for U2's PopMart world tour, a truly amazing live show spectacle which culminated in a live broadcast from Mexico City in December of that year.

January of '98 saw Ned in New York producing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 13th annual induction ceremony. And in-between times Ned has produced most of the projects Maurice has worked on.

artistic director
MAURICE LINNANE
In 1992 Maurice Linnane joined as the creative director of Dreamchaser Productions, formalising a handshake arrangement made when they both worked in Windmill Lane. He then continued doing what he had spent the previous two years doing - directing documentary, commercial, promotional and show elements in his role as Artistic Director of U2's Zoo TV World Tour.

In January of 1994 Maurice started work on a major documentary for country music giant, Garth Brooks. The programme, which followed Garth around the world on his first major foray outside of America, resulted in a very different and very personal portrait of America's most successful recording artist. 'Tryin' to Rope the World' was completed in December of 1995 and broadcast on NBC in the same month. Projects for 1996 included concert videos for Boyzone (in Wembley) and Neil Young ( in Dublin).

In December '96 a very prestigious scalp was claimed with the winning of the contract to produce the new 'Hall of Fame' installation at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. Work was finally completed on the project in March, 1998.

Alongside this Maurice has also worked on, and completed, videos and programmes and all sorts for such luminaries as: The Chieftains (The Long Black Veil), Van Morrison (Why Must I Always Explain), Atlantic Records (A Celtic Celebration) and U2 (A Year in Pop).
where can someone het a copy of this great garth stuff

ykonjackfan
03-12-2004, 04:46 AM
Oh my goodness. If you or anyone else here knows how we could get a copy of that, I would be eternally grateful. I would also be willing to pay for it. I don't have to have a professional copy. A regular one that someone taped at home with their VCR will do just fine. I have wanted this footage for SO long. When my TTRTW was accidentally destoryed I cried my eyes out. I've been looking for another copy ever since. PLEASE isn't there ANYBODY here who is willing to help me out???? :) I would be glad to return the favor if I ever have footage of something that you don't have. I'm prepared to bed and authorized to go as low as graveling. :)

Blessings,
apostle

Jen19
03-12-2004, 10:27 AM
I have heard of this one time before, but it was awhile ago. That would be amazing. I would have to carry around a portable dvd player for 2 weeks to watch it all.. :) I might have to quit my job. JK that would be so awesome, If the need someone to Edit the footage. I volunteer. oh yeah I wouldn't cut anything out..LOL

LOL

JEN

ykonjackfan
03-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I guarantee you that I would find a way to watch all 200 hours. And then, I'd watch it all over again! :)

Kelby

Brett Dale
08-16-2019, 09:12 PM
This must be out there on the internet somewhere,

Brett Dale
08-16-2019, 10:58 PM
and by being out there, i mean the footage that never made it to air.

Its the freakin internet, not a second hand book store selling archie comics.

I can find Metallica footage from concerts they probably dont even know about. someone from dream chasers and
those crazy guys at crazy duck productions wouldve uploaded it somewhere (of course not youtube) but its out there.