PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners Tee-Shirt Design Contest

bethany
06-18-2002, 03:40 PM
If there are any artists out there.... here's your chance!

Let's make it a project
-- In conjunction with Trisha Yearwood's new single, "I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners," she's asking fans to cook up some original artwork for a tour T-shirt.

The contest begins on June 19 and ends July 15, while entries must be postmarked by July 13. To submit artwork, participants must complete the official entry form on Yearwood's website beginnig tomorrow morning at trishayearwood.com.

The contest winner will receive $500.00 cash, a trip including hotel accommodations for two adults to meet and see Yearwood in concert, 20

T-shirts featuring the winning design, and an autographed copy of Yearwood's latest album, Inside Out. Twenty-five runners-up will also receive autographed CDs.

"I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners" will be released to radio in early July.

Garth_FANtasizer
06-18-2002, 06:54 PM
What an awesome contest!

Good luck to those who enter!

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
06-18-2002, 11:42 PM
For some reason, when I think of the title of that song, it reminds me of The Red Strokes, "inspired by a vision that they can't command, erasing the borders with each brush of a hand." Maybe something featuring the eyes and hands? Especially the hands? Of course, it doesn't help that I don't even know the song. I'll bet it's great!

Hey! I just remembered that little "triangle" thing Chris Gaines does over his eyes like Prince. Actually, it's more like a diamond with four corners.

Garth_FANtasizer
06-19-2002, 12:16 AM
I also thought of "The Red Strokes," Dale! :)

Here are the lyrics to "I Dont Paint Myself Into Corners"

I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners
(Trey Bruce/Rebecca Lynn Howard)

It took a while for me to see things as they were
In the light of truth
It wasn't you, it was me
I let myself get used to drowning in the hurt
Against the wall
Who'd of thought, it was me
From there I couldn't even look over my shoulder
I kicked down all the walls and started all over

And I don't paint myself into corners anymore
In a brittle heart of clay
I threw my brushes away
The tools of the trade that chained your memory to me
Are out the door
I don't paint myself into corners anymore

When you left you left me with no other choice at all
But to sink
To my knees, and cry
I never knew just how far a soul could fall
Like a rock
I couldn't stop, didn't try
I locked myself behind shades of misery
But when I let you go, I set myself free

And I don't paint myself into corners anymore
In a brittle heart of clay
I threw my brushes away
Are out the door

Are out the door

Are out the door

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
06-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Wow! Those are really powerful lyrics! A being finally set free from bad memories, especially those within ourselves we ourselves have control over, as in Face to Face. Truth dawns.

countyfair_85
06-21-2002, 11:15 AM
Thanks for posting about the contest...
This should be fun to enter! I have the perfect idea...actually two ideas... maybe I can combine them into one.

Dale...
You need to get Trisha's album! Remember when we listened to it when you came to visit last July 4th for the Philly event?
You were on the net, Amber was on my bed reading your FINP book and I was lying on the floor trying to rest some from lack of sleep...
See...the song helps to remember 'WHEN'! and all the things going on around you at the time. It's strange really, but true.

Today I sat listening to the song at the kitchen table...
and I realized, it helps you to deal with the stuff on the inside so you can bring it out to the light...even though the song is "I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners Anymore"... it fits the album 'inside out'...

Sorta gives you inner strength to go on and move past all the burdens in your life and people that you let hold you down or back from accomplishing all the things you can...
Makes you see your true potential that you may hide from... or the dreams you never chase...and what I get from song, is the fact that it's not really 'anyone' else that holds people back...it's yourself... so you kick down the walls...start over... without corners to get stuck in!

I can't wait to draw the picture for this T-shirt contest!
Are you going to enter? I know you have great artistic talent!
I hope you do!

-Diane
~~~~~~~

bethany
06-21-2002, 11:45 AM
Wouldn't it be fun if everyone from PG who enters the contest could scan their entries and post them here for us all to see? Unfortunately I am artistically challenged so I will not be entering, but I would love to see other people’s entries. I think this is so cool that Trisha is letting her fans do the artwork. What a great idea.

fuzzwuzz
06-21-2002, 10:56 PM
Diane, I've been so out of touch with my drawing. I can't seem to get past the one I see before me of Garth as Chris from that Believer cover. In fact, I have it printed out and over my computer for inspiration as we speak. I never fail to see Chris in Garth in that photo. When's the deadline for the contest? I'm on vacation in a week. Maybe if I get inspired...

But you did inspire me with your sharing what you see in Trisha's song. Just tonight, some walls came down around me. Remember that verse I shared with you that my boss at work wrote to encourage us through the Christmas holidays? About how forgiveness is really about taking down the walls of fear you think are there to protect you? That could apply to both Trisha and Garth's song I think. I was stuck in a corner, like a prison cell, but tonight I was set free. Now, with my vacation looming, I hope to get my strength back by just chilling and going wherever I end up day-by-day the whole two weeks. This could turn out to be quite an adventure. No more theme parks and rollercoaster rides for me! Life itself is a great adventure. Sure wish it was up there in NJ again with you, Amber, and your family though. Someday. I better shush up now while others think up some cool ideas for the song. ;)

TYJunkie
06-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by fuzzwuzz
Wow! Those are really powerful lyrics!

They certainly are and let me tell you Trisha does them justice. Actually, IMO, Trisha is the only female in country music today that can sing the song the way it's meant to be sung. Anyone get a chance to hear her sing it on the ACM's?

I plan on entering the contest, even though I'm no artist, but what the heck I'll give it a try.

drichardsonfan
06-24-2002, 12:51 AM
Hey not a bad idea, good lck to all who enter. Will have to check that out on ty's official website, i like to fiddle with art too. This ought to be interesting.

bethany
07-02-2002, 03:26 PM
Just wondering how many PG'ers are planning on entering the contest?

Salina
07-10-2002, 07:06 PM
It is indeed a beautiful song, and I think, my favorite on the album. Who among us can't relate to at one time or another being responsible for putting up walls to protect ourselves only to find they hinder any and every thing we are trying to accomplish? I sent my own entry for this contest off about a week ago. As was said, what the heck? It's surely worth the try.