PDA

View Full Version : Garth and Trisha on Entertainment Tonight

TrishaNGarthFan
06-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Garth and Trisha were just on ET. It was a short clip but he said something to the effect that "If you like Garth Brooks' music, you've got to know this lady." If someone has the quote please correct me. Someone called on the phone to tell me Garth was on at just that moment and I don't think I got the correct wording.

But again, Garth was bragging about Trisha.

Sue

countyfair_85
06-14-2002, 08:09 PM
That's cool Sue... too bad you didn't get the whole thing...he always mentioned things like that when it came to Trisha over the years though. That's why I went out and purchased her music in the first place...

I found out something about Garth tonight too after Walt came back from Shop Rite... he informed me that while standing in the check out line there's a newspaper that claims 'Garth Tells Trisha He Can't Marry Her Because He's Still In Love With His Wife'...
I had to remind Walt it was just a tabloid and you can't believe everything they write in them. I'm glad he didn't buy the paper!

-Diane
~~~~~~~

TrishaNGarthFan
06-14-2002, 08:16 PM
The tabloids will just not stop. I guess they have to do a "CYA" in case they do not get married in September. LOL!

And I do love it when he brags Trisha up. I think he's so cute when he does that!
Sue

countyfair_85
06-14-2002, 08:55 PM
LOL... sure, they can print retractions but how do they make amends for all the 'lies' they tell?

If I were Garth or Trisha... I'd let them get away with it for years and years and then go after them in one big lawsuit for millions of dollars! Then I'd give it to charity... that way,
they're 'cheap talk' or 'gossip' had a beneficial outcome...
they're money would end up where they're mouth was...
'cheap talk' turned into 'charity'... now that would be wonderful!

-Diane

BLL
06-14-2002, 09:19 PM
They actually asked him about marriage on Access Holywood. He said if that day came he'd be honoured, and that Trisha was what every boy dreamed of(paraphrasing); he also reiterated they were mindful of their respective pasts and were taking things a day at a time. They both looked great, and she was really cute, 'cause she was kind of squirming at the compliments.

TrishaNGarthFan
06-14-2002, 09:26 PM
Diane, I'm with ya! I'd love to see that happen!

And BLL...Thanks so much for that info. I don't get Access Hollywood. I love it that he said he'd be honored to marry her. He's just such a GREAT GUY!! And I would've loved to see her squirm. LOL!
Sue

Originally posted by BLL
They actually asked him about marriage on Access Holywood. He said if that day came he'd be honoured, and that Trisha was what every boy dreamed of(paraphrasing); he also reiterated they were mindful of their respective pasts and were taking things a day at a time. They both looked great, and she was really cute, 'cause she was kind of squirming at the compliments.

Ruthanna
06-14-2002, 09:38 PM
:) :) I love it!!!! I didn't catch the access hollywood one but I would have loved to have seen her squirm!!!!lol :) Sometimes I think he does that just to see if he can embarrass her! :) (and he usually succeeds!! lol) I did catch half of the ET one though. ( my brother was flipping channels and ran across it) You aren't to far off on the wording Sue. I think he said something about her voice being a big part of his music.. Or something like that.
~Love ya
Sarah

starwood
06-14-2002, 09:50 PM
Once again, here's Garth's quote from 'Access Hollywood' when asked about wedding plans:

'I would be very very lucky if that date ever got here
She's every thing we were taught as boys existed, you know, but, she's uh... we're...slow. I have children, we both have pasts that people deserve respect from to handle it the best we can and we're taking it day by day.'

and on 'Entertainment Tonight' he said:

'If anybody likes Garth Brooks' sound, you gotta know how important this voice is.' <pointing at Trisha>

-Karen