PDA

View Full Version : garth brooks' lack of visiting towns

TRICKYDICKY_JR
06-12-2002, 03:59 PM
the subject is not completely true. he tours a lot of cities but what i mean is that he doesnt come to fairbanks or fort wainwright in alaska. i havnt seen a consert of his yet but i really want to. i work for the u.s.army and cant go to any of the lower 48 states to see him due to tha lack of money and time off. what is there for me to do besides continue to buy all the GARTH BROOKS c.d.s that i possably can get my hands on? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garthmedic
06-12-2002, 05:51 PM
TD Jr,

First of all, let me be the first to welcome you to Planetgarth. You will find some great people here, along with LOTS of infomation.

Garth has publicly stated that he has officially retired from touring. He promised- and delivered one last album (Scarecrow) to the record label and is now enjoying private times with his young children.

Don't look for Garth to be touring anytime in the near future. You can still catch glimpses of him performing here and there. For example, tomorrow, he is scheduled to appear on the CBS "Early show".

Once again, welcome!

--spud--:)

CheyenneWindRoper
06-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the Planet TDjr!

Can't add much more as Spud has already covered it pretty well! I do hope you'll stick around and post lots!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

cntrypoet
06-24-2002, 03:52 AM
well if you cnt get him live, theres TV, and if that isn't posable i'm shure someone can get you video cassets!!!

dont tell yodel gall you cant see garth , shell say your depraved, oops i mean deprived!! yes i am a poor deprived child steph

Snow
06-28-2002, 04:57 PM
Hi and welcome to PG. :) Nice to see a fellow Alaskan... it's the first that I've seen another of us.

Well... I'm not even living there anymore. *lol*

We were in Barrow Alaska for 6 years... about 400 air miles north of your position. We're in SC now.... by the time we moved down here, he wasn't touring our area either... so I completely missed out too.

I was always sad that he never made it to Alaska. I think he would have loved it. I was a member of the Lions Club up there and we worked with one of his people on a charity thing that might have brought him up there... but it never worked out.

I hope you're enjoying your 24 hour days about now.

Take care,
Deb