PDA

View Full Version : more music videos?

Sara_Kwan
06-10-2002, 05:32 PM
i've just noticed something. why does Garth have so many music videos out? i mean, not that i mind or anything, but didn't he say that he didn't like to do videos? and even when he does, it's always an all-out, give it everything you got video that sends out a good message to the world? but rarely does he make a video for every single... and isn't that the truth with Scarecrow? he's had a video for all of the singles off this album right? it was just a thought... because i will never forget when Garth said music videos take away from the listener's imagination.

PJ
06-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Beerrun was to be the first single and there as no video for it. Also, the video for Squeeze Me In was just a cut from the Coast to Coast concert in LA, not a full blown production effort. I also haven't seen a video for Thicker than Blood yet.

Sara_Kwan
06-10-2002, 08:26 PM
wasn't "When You Come Back To Me Again" released first originally? and that song had a video didn't it? and "Thicker Than Blood" has a video i think. i'm not just a little against so many music videos, i'm just wondering why all of his videos are what they are and not what they WERE. you even said "Squeeze Me In" is just clips from the Coast to Coast... then why come out with a video if it's only clips from a concert?

not to be cynical or anything, but i just don't see why.

-Sara

Monica Lockhart
06-10-2002, 08:38 PM
I think that the emotional singing of When You Come Back To Me Again aboard the USS Enterprise for the men and women who serve our great country was a great reason to release a new video for this song.

I know it made me so proud and gave me goosebumps watching it happen.

PJ
06-10-2002, 09:45 PM
I TOTALLY agree Moni!

The original video for WYCBTMA came out long before Scarecrow was released and the song was never an official single from the CD.

ProducerJ
06-11-2002, 12:08 AM
Videos are done to promote the music - to get it heard on the tv sets of the 50+million cable tv subscribers who get CMT, and the 15 million or however many they're at now, who get GAC.

Why come out with a video? To sell the album. And in the case of SMI, if the footage is there - why NOT put it out for us to enjoy?
J.

Sara_Kwan
06-11-2002, 12:27 AM
ok, i think everyone's mistaken what i am trying to say here. first off, i'm not dissing Garth, nor was there any intention whatsoever at me doing that. and if this is a way for Garth to promote himself, then why hasn't he done it before? why has he fallen into this "pop culture," where a video has to be released for every single? i, personally, have enjoyed every video from "The Dance" to (my favorite of all time) "The Red Strokes." i thought "Wrapped Up In You" was kinda... well it was a fun video, i guess. and "When You Come Back To Me Again" is a much too good of a song to just have a video of him performing on the USS Enterprise, not that it was a bad thing or anything. so if it weren't for all these tragic events happening... Garth wouldn't have a video for that song?

it's just the thing i look forward to in all of Garth's videos are the special and unique way they're put together, and trying to get across a message to everyone. i just don't like the idea of him falling into the "status quo" of all other musicians. he's better than that, and he can do so much more things... especially if this is his "last" album... he needs to go out with a *BANG!*... not just with a bang.

it's just a thought... and i'm sorry if i offended anyone. it was just a point i wanted to make and express. i know i'm sounding like a scumbag, but heck i'm a bored girl on a hot day in June with nothing better to do than to think about Garth and all that good stuff. again, no offense to anyone or anything.

-Sara

Paula
06-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Sara, I know where you are coming from. I think perhaps that Garth is releasing a few more concert videos instead of those types he has done in the past where he gives the song a third dimension because he is not touring to promote his album, so this is a way of getting the songs out there.

Paula

Briggs7195
06-11-2002, 11:58 AM
He doesn't have a video for every single, not by any means. Most artists put one out for every single but he doesn't have one....for example, Friends In Low Places, Rodeo, Shameless....and the list goes on...there are MANY singles that don't have videos.

starwood
06-11-2002, 12:29 PM
"When You Come Back To Me Again" is a much too good of a song to just have a video of him performing on the USS Enterprise, not that it was a bad thing or anything. so if it weren't for all these tragic events happening... Garth wouldn't have a video for that song?

Sara,

There was a video for WYCBTMA - it was released when the movie 'Frequency' (for which the song was written) came out. There are clips of Garth interspersed with scenes from the movie. It's a wonderful video!

-Karen

Sara_Kwan
06-11-2002, 05:38 PM
"He doesn't have a video for every single, not by any means. Most artists put one out for every single but he doesn't have one....for example, Friends In Low Places, Rodeo, Shameless....and the list goes on...there are MANY singles that don't have videos."

Briggs, i was talking about singles from "Scarecrow." that was my whole point, there was not a video released for the whole "Ropin' the Wind" album, so thats why i was wondering why he's releasing so many videos now.

Karen, i'll have to look into that video... i don't think i caught it.

Paula, that's good insight... and that may be it, who knows. i just think Garth has much, much better ways of promoting himself. he has in the past, so why stop there?

-Sara

Lowell Miller
06-12-2002, 12:24 PM
I would like to see one more big production Garth video. :(

Garthmedic
06-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Amen, Bro!

--spud--:)

Sara_Kwan
06-12-2002, 04:18 PM
i totally agree, Lowell. that's what i've been trying to say...

maybe "Thicker Than Blood" will be an all out production... it sure has the potential to be one.

-Sara

fuzzwuzz
06-13-2002, 01:47 AM
Ask Chris Gaines about that one! He knows it's coming too, and he's willing and ready!!

When You Come Back To Me Again" is a much too good of a song to just have a video of him performing on the USS Enterprise, not that it was a bad thing or anything. Never say "just a video" to us who are part of that audience whether at the venue or live from our tv sets. We all lived it together! As in "real life." In fact, Garth has made it plain his concerts are somehow part of Chris' Gainesin the movie. Them there is memories with his people! Don't discount that!

Sara_Kwan
06-13-2002, 07:28 PM
we know that Garth will follow up with a Chris Gaines project... but remember, he didn't have much success (as much as he usually does) with the first Chris Gaines album, even though it's an awesome album with a lot of potential and reveals another side of Garth's musician talents. i think people just can't get over the "new idea" that the album and the whole idea of Garth singing as Chris Gaines brings about... it's a sad truth. they won't even give the album a chance.

so i think Garth's best chance of "going out with a bang" is to promote something on "Scarecrow"... more so than he has.

-Sara

fuzzwuzz
06-13-2002, 11:19 PM
The world's definition of success is "slightly" off, which is actually their failure, not the Gaines' project.

Briggs7195
06-18-2002, 03:34 PM
OHHHHH Sara...I see hehe....he's probably doing more now since he isn't touring and it's a way to keep his face out there....that's my guess.