acclaimed series "Intimate Portraits" for "Intimate Portrait: Amy Grant."
Hear Amy discuss her successful 25-year career as a Christian and mainstream
musical artist, her marriage to Vince Gill, and her seventeenth album
"Legacy...Hymns & Faith." Then, log on to Lifetime's web site that same
night and chat with her live! For more information check out the Lifetime
web site http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/intimate/index.html

We will send out a reminder again later, but mark your calendar for Amy's
upcoming appearance on NBC's Today Show "Summer Concert Series." She and
Vince are scheduled to perform on Friday, July 12th.

fuzzwuzz
06-04-2002, 01:46 AM
Did any of you readers watch the show tonight? I did(but missed the chat immediately following). I got into Amy Grant's music when my sister gave me her own personal album of Amy's first record. I learned from this special that Amy was raised in Nashville and developed her love for strumming, writing, and singing gospel music at a free-style church on Music Row called Belmount Church. There was a sign associating the church with Mercury Records.

After watching this portrait of Amy's past and present through hers and "Her Father's Eyes", the song that truly launched her career.(yes, written by her ex Gary Chapman) as her song goes, I realized how true it was all along through the struggles she had gone through and her fans with her, that she wasn't the one who ever had it all together. God was there!

I know there are some readers struggling themselves right now as fans of Garth, Trisha, and others surviving divorce. But somehow, we all survive that together like a family, don't we? I'm glad Amy and Vince have found peace with themselves and can answer to God alone when their head hits the pillow at night, as Vince described it. I think I'm gonna sleep much better myself tonight too after hearing Amy's story. Try to catch it when it comes back on Lifetime. And by the way, Her new album? Legacy? Sounds like it's her best ever!! And this time she's truly gone back to her gospel roots. It's for real!!

ObsessedwithGarth
06-11-2002, 12:08 PM
I am glad to hear that Amy is getting back to her roots.She has a beautiful voice.I love to hear Vince sing.I don't care much for him poking fun at Garth,but they are friends.;)I doubt that Garth takes what Vince says seriously.I think that the Christian Music Association did Amy pretty dirty when she and Vince got together.I think that they forgot that Christians are Forgiven not Perfect.

I don't compare Amy and Vince to Garth and Trisha, there isn't any comparision.I can't stand it when someone comes up to me and says that Trisha and Garth are just another Amy and Vince.Just my opinion,but I truly believe that Vince and Amy didn't have anything going on between them until both of their marriages started falling apart.I could be wrong, I have been before(but only once or twice;))

fuzzwuzz
06-11-2002, 12:41 PM
If I have time later I'll find and post here an article where Amy candidly shares more about her marriages and her struggles. It might shed some light on our own where it concerns Garth and Trisha. And doesn't concern, know what I mean?