PDA

View Full Version : Garth memorabilia question

Scrapple
06-01-2002, 12:05 AM
Hello fellow Garth fans!

I've recently come into possession of a piece of Garth memorabilia that consists of an autographed shirt and a few other items mounted in a display case. The shirt is just like the one Garth wore on the cover of "The Chase" (it's been suggested that it might actually be THE shirt he wore). A friend of mine bought this piece at a charity auction in NYC. The shirt was supposedly originally owned by Garth and given as gift by him to the now-defunct country dance club Denim and Diamonds (also in New York). Is there anyone out there who knows anything about this piece or has a suggestion about how I might confirm it's authenticity? Thanks!

ProducerJ
06-01-2002, 12:24 AM
What a very cool piece to own! Can you get to the shirt, or is it mounted in an un-openable case? (if that makes sense) I was thinking about being able to check the tags for mfr. You might try calling or emailing GBM - do you have a picture?
J.

And WELCOME to the Planet! :D

Scrapple
06-01-2002, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I've opened the case--the tag says,"Maury Tate’s ‘Mo Betta’ By Jow Lee, Box 349, Apache OK 73006." The size is hand written: 16-1/2--36. Accompanying the shirt are a tour book from the Chase tour and a framed cover of Country Music magazine featuring Garth. The case also has a little brass plaque that reads, "courtesy of Garth Brooks." All three pieces are autographed "God Bless, Thanks, Garth Brooks." Does any of this give any clues? I guess I'm wondering how rare a thing this is, or if there's one in every town....

Paula
06-01-2002, 05:50 PM
Wow, what an awesome piece of Garth memorabilia. It sounds authentic to me, but Joyce had a good suggestion...contact GB Management.

By the way, welcome to PG. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Paula

Garthfan92
06-01-2002, 10:07 PM
WOW! You should check into it further, but that sounds like the real thing to me! You're lucky to have gotten your hands on it. Welcome to PG. Stick around and let us know what you're able to find out.

Lisa

ProducerJ
06-04-2002, 12:21 AM
Sounds authentic and rare to me! But just to be completely certain... I'd suggest you take a picture and upload it here for us to enjoy... I mean... study.... ;)

But no, there's definately not one in every town.
J.

Vanessa
06-04-2002, 12:31 AM
LOL joyce!! ypu're terrible!

that's a cool pice of Garthy memrobilia! :)

Vanessa :)

Scrapple
06-04-2002, 02:56 PM
Thanks to everyone for your help! Does anyone have the contact info for Garth's management? That would seem the best way to go about trying to get some sort of real verification. Re: pictures, unfortunately I only have a really cheapo camera so all you'd be able to see is a blurry black and white blob! :) I have, however, attached a pic of the autograph on the shoulder of the shirt. Maybe those of you who have other autographed Garth stuff can tell me if the signature looks the same? Thanks!

DixieChick4GB
06-04-2002, 03:23 PM
Here's the address, Scrapple. Someone else will have to provide the phone number. I couldn't tell you about the autograph because I have not yet acquired one of my own. But I am a believer that I will get one some day. Welcome to PG! :)

Elaine

GB Management
1111 17th Avenue South
Nashville TN 37212

PJ
06-04-2002, 04:33 PM
The autograph looks pretty authentic to me.