PDA

View Full Version : Planet Garth Scavenger Hunt

Monica Lockhart
05-29-2002, 10:26 AM
PG Scavenger Hunt

I thought it might be fun to start a Garth Scavenger Hunt contest.

Here's how it will work. Each day I will post a Garth related question. You will find the answer here at Planet Garth by searching the site. Be advised that the answers could be found in any forum, or section of PG. The question will stay active for 24 hours from the time I post the question. That will give everyone equal time to respond to the question.

Instructions:

You must be a registered member to enter.

You will need to email the answer to me at monica@planetgarth.com

Your email must include: Your PG Screen Name, Your Real Name, which question you are answering (ex: Question for Day #1) and the answer you are submitting AND WHERE YOU FOUND THE INFORMATION ON PG. If any of this information is missing your entry will be thrown out.

DO NOT POST THE ANSWER IN A THREAD!

This question thread will be locked each time we update with the new question to prevent the answers from being posted on the forums

The following day I will post the answer to the question and the names of each person who answered correctly. I will keep a running tally of how many questions each person has answered correctly. The contest will run for 7 days. The winner will be determined by one winner having the most correct answers or in the case of a tie a drawing we be held to determine the winner.

I have a Garth Prize Package that I will be giving away to the winner. The package includes a Garth T-shirt, a set of photos from Spring Training 2000 with the NY Mets, and a surprise item. This is donated by me, and not an official contest of PG. Moderating Members are not eligible for this contest.

This contest will start on June 3. Please leave your questions and thoughts here before we start the contest so I can clarify all questions prior to the game beginning.

Thanks!

Monica

PJ
05-29-2002, 11:20 AM
Cool idea Moni...should be fun!

Jen19
05-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Sounds great Moni :)

JEN

GBheartandsoul
05-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Very :cool: Moni! It's really great that you came up with this contest and I'm sure everyone will enjoy the hunt.

Seira:)

Garth_FANtasizer
05-29-2002, 07:49 PM
:cool: ! This is sort of like PG Survivor! :)

Thanks, Moni!

~Ann~

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
05-29-2002, 09:57 PM
Excellent Moni! Can't wait. :) Ann, I like your Survivor comparison, and the good thing is we won't have to eat any icky critters. lol

CC

Garthfan92
05-29-2002, 10:38 PM
This should be fun. I can't wait to see what the question is!

Lisa

TBG
05-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Great way to get us to see the other forums and what is offered there, Moni. Guess I'll have to visit them:)

MO:)

Lost 'n' Garth
05-29-2002, 11:57 PM
This sounds so fun!! Great idea Moni!!

Cheri :)

Garth4Meredith
05-29-2002, 11:58 PM
Hey Monica, your idea sounds great and the game sounds like a lot of fun, but i have a question. You say that our e-mail has to include where on PG we found the answer, but what if we already knew it without looking around the site? Does that mean we have to look around the site anyway?

Can't wait to start!

~Meredith

Monica Lockhart
05-30-2002, 12:10 AM
Good question.. :)

yes you have to look around the site.

The questions that I will be posting are not your run of the mill questions like " Where was Garth born?"

I will be taking information that you can find on the site and putting it into a question. You may even find the information in different places. So there may be two or three places you could find the answer. As long as your answer is correct, and I can verify you found the information where you said you found it.. your answer will count :)

And... Ann.. your very right about the "survivor" analogy!

You all can expect the question or items to find.. will get harder each day. That's the challanging part! It's gonna be fun!

Moni

fuzzwuzz
05-30-2002, 12:14 AM
What better way to get re-acquainted with all of PG beyond the forums! And maybe each other too! I hope I am able to participate! :)

Garth4Meredith
05-30-2002, 12:28 AM
Alrighty Monica, thanks for clearing that up! Now i'm ready to play, and win! :) LoL, I really want those piks of Garth with the Mets!

~Meredith

Vanessa
05-30-2002, 08:23 AM
hey moni- count me in! :) A great idea no doubt!! :D

Vanessa :)

majmom
05-30-2002, 12:55 PM
An awesome idea, Moni...

...'cept how do you expect me to get any work done starting June 3 for 7 days????lol

Kerry

Monica Lockhart
05-30-2002, 11:28 PM
I cannot be held responsible for lack of paying attention at work ;)

Nice Try Kerry! :)

Moni

majmom
05-31-2002, 01:34 PM
OK, Moni - I guess if I'm trying to get my kids to take responsibility for their own actions then I'll have to set a good example! lol

..."this darned computer - I swear, boss, I'm gonna throw it out the window if it dumps all my hard work AGAIN!!!!"...

Y'all think that'll work??? *grin*

Kerry

Blue4GB
06-01-2002, 02:44 PM
thanks Moni I'm game! I cant wait until the June 3rd!
good luck everyone!
Kim

Vanessa
06-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Moni- when we find the answer..do we have to email it to you.. word for word posted on PG or can we change the words 'round in order to accomidate us better? Thanks :)

ProducerJ
06-02-2002, 11:35 PM
This is very cool Moni - I was just thinking we're due for another contest, it's been a couple of months since the Read Across America one.

Since I'm not elligible to win can I help pick items to hunt for? **Hint: you'll find the answer in my column!**

LOL
J.

cntrypoet
06-03-2002, 03:57 AM
hey what time are the questions going to be posted?

it'a about 1 am june 3 by my clock, WHERE IS THE QUESTION?????

Monica Lockhart
06-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Hey CP.. I think that I am in bed at 1am your time as it's 4 am my time.

The question should be posted before Noon EST today.

:)

Monica

Vanessa
06-03-2002, 10:05 AM
Thanks Moni- only 2 more hours here in md 'til noontime :)

beachesofchey
06-07-2002, 06:24 PM
OMG...i can't believe i missed this,,,:'(
It is June 7 and i missed four days of the hunt now i can't play . This is just sooooooooo unfair ,,,I've been really busy lately and haven't been into the site for awhile ,,,ok I'll stop whining now and continue reading...I still can't believe i missed this.:-(
Pamela

ProducerJ
06-07-2002, 06:49 PM
Hey Miss "I Won A Boxed Set" in the last contest... :P
That will teach you to leave us! LOL
There's lots of fun going on here, so get caught up on your reading and join in the fun!
J.

Monica Lockhart
06-07-2002, 07:59 PM
Don't feel too bad...

I have a feeling we'll do another scavenger hunt or another type contest real soon!

:)

Moni

PJ
06-07-2002, 08:58 PM
You can still play for the fun of it!

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
06-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Yep Pamela, just come on and play for the fun of it!:D That's what I'm doing, since I've all ready missed 2 (possibly 3) of the questions *ugh* lol. It's just a whole lot of fun cruising the site and playing! I love it, and I hope there will be more contests in the future. :)

THANKS BRANDON, MONI, JOYCE, AND ALL PG STAFF! :D

CC