PDA

View Full Version : Old Trisha Interview

boppityboo
05-29-2002, 09:04 PM
I noticed a box of my Garth video tapes collecting dust and decided to take clean it when I noticed a tape that had no writing on it. I usually write what's on it. So I popped it into the VCR. What comes on? Trisha with Garth on the Prime Time Country Show with Gary Chapman. Remember that show? It was actually just Trisha and Garth came out to surprise her. That was the time, when Garth talked about a duet album, and how he teased Trisha about having sung with many, many men while he only sang with her. lol. They ended up playing and singing accoustically with Garth and Trisha's guitar player(The one Garth pushed away on SMI) That's The Way I Heard It. It rocked. Then they sang a verse of IAE. It was very cool to see it. Trisha looked absolutely radiant... not that she doesn't now, but she looked great. Garth looked fantastic too. He was wearing blue jeans and a white turtleneck with a ballcap... WOOHOO! Very nice! Showing off all his muscles. :eek: Anyway,it was very cool to see Trisha having a blast with Garth.

Ellie

Garth_FANtasizer
05-29-2002, 09:13 PM
I loved that one, Ellie!

Garth and Trisha were so funny together! It cracked me up when he was joking about playing so high on the guitar for her and her not being able to sing the high notes when she gets there. Then she says "If you be quiet I can sing." LOL! Then he holds the guitar up, covers her face and says "OK, go ahead .. sing." LMAO! Gary was laughing at them both.

They were having a ball!

I agree, they both looked fantastic! Thanks for reminding me about it!

~Ann~

AngelTrisha9
05-30-2002, 12:47 AM
I LOVE that show!!!! I watch it all the time. Garth is so funny there and Trisha... well she's my girl!

And the guitar man is Johnny Garcia! he's the man! And he's so nice!

Wsitarski
05-30-2002, 09:09 AM
I also remember on that show they were taking a call from someone named Sandy, Gary asked Garth if he wanted to talk to Sandy and he said my Sandy. He had a puzzled look on his face, and Trisha was joking and say she wants you to bring home a loaf of bread or something like that.Gary told him that it wasn't his Sandy.

Wendy

Ruthanna
06-05-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey Guys!!! Thanks for reminsing me of that one!! It is absolutely one of my favS!! :) But I do have two questions for you all... My family and I have a debate on whether Trisha knew he was going to be there or not.. What do you all think? And when they were talking about the first time they sang HLASS ( Heart Like A Sad Song) and he was talking about how he was crying because of the moment etc.. Was it just me or did it look like Trisha was reliving it as he told it?
~Sarah

Teaser210
06-05-2002, 12:50 AM
That's one of my most treasured clips. I believe Trisha had no clue Garth was going to be there, but Gary Chapman did, because he looks over to the curtains where voila! Garth appears. Trisha looked totally surprised to me. I also think some of those phone calls were set up too. Too much coincedence for me.

And I agree with you, I think Trisha relived it, sounds like it was a great moment. From my interpretation, she looked pleased with what Garth said.

Ruthanna
06-05-2002, 01:06 AM
Thank you!! Thank You!! My family thinks she knew about it, but I always said she looked a little thrown off. Happy but caught off guard.
That part always leaves me wondering what would have happend if he wouldn't have made the joke that- But you know it was a good way to end us touring together- 'Cause for a minute there I think they were both a 'little' lost in the past. Am I off or do you agree with me?
~Sarah :)

Teaser210
06-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Ruthanna, I do agree with you. I think it was exactly as you described it... you're good!

Ruthanna
06-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Teaser210 have I told you I love you? :) lol My family thinks I'm crazy... But I know I'm not! Yeah!!!!! :) What do you think would have happend if he wouldn't have cracked that joke?
~Sarah

Teaser210
06-05-2002, 08:42 PM
Lol, who knows how long they would've sat there in a trance lost in time :)

Ruthanna
06-05-2002, 10:04 PM
Teaser210, I do believe you are in my head reading all of my thoughts!! :) lol ANyways, I have another question for you... Do you think when he said -'It was a good way to end us touring together' that maybe it wasn't a joke. That actually he was being sarcastic because there isn't a good way to end them touring togehter?
~Love ya
Sarah

Teaser210
06-06-2002, 01:34 AM
You've got me on that one, that hadn't occurred to me. It's sure a possibility. I'm afraid Garth is still an enigma to me.

fuzzwuzz
06-11-2002, 03:21 AM
Is that true?

And if not, please list them one-by-one, by artist, song, and detailed performance if possible?

And who are all these other men Garth is so "jealous" of? And their roles??

LuvGarth7
06-11-2002, 03:54 AM
Could Garth be any cuter! I love that interview but unfortunately I caught a little late so I never got too see that Garth had surprised Trisha, I thought he was supposed to be there, hehe. You should have seen me running around the room looking for a tape, ive learned to always keep one ready to go, you never know where Garth might pop up! They look so awesome together there just having fun. But I was wondering hasn't Garth also sung with Martina McBride or am i mistaken?

*CRYSTAL*

Carol Ann
06-11-2002, 08:19 AM
Garth said that Trisha is the only female he has ever done a duet with although she has done duets with "countless of other men". He said "some people wait and some don't". On another interview he also said that the only other female he would ever want to do a duet with would be his Mom but that it is tough to find a song special enough to sing with your Mom. Sadly, he never got the chance to sing with her.

diem nash
06-11-2002, 08:53 AM
1992 - cheap whiskey - Martina McBride

1994 - tears dry - Victoria Shaw

1998 - one heart at a time - Billy Dean, Olivia Newton-John, Neal McCoy, Michael McDonald, Victoria Shaw, Bryan White (not quite a "duett")

1998 - take me back - Suzzy Boggus

11-21-2001 - someday soon - Jewel

even god must get the blues - Helen Darling

Iīm sure there are some more.

(Well, sometimes itīs more the chorus, but Garthīs beautiful voice is "involved".) :D

Hope I could help.

:D

Maddy

Carol Ann
06-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Are you sure these are duets and not just singing background vocals? The only reason I ask is because Garth himself said he has NEVER sung a duet with another female and that was on Prime Time Country. Also on an interview he and Trisha did with Terry Bradshaw he was asked who else he would like to sing with besides Trisha and that is when he said his Mom.

diem nash
06-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by diem nash

(Well, sometimes itīs more the chorus, but Garthīs beautiful voice is "involved".) :D

:D :D :D

NFerris
06-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Trisha has sung with other men - that must really make Garth jealous, he mentions it a lot ;) Garth seems to do more duets with other men.... I don't think he has done a true DUET with anyone but Trisha!

Trisha's other Men:

Don Henley (twice)
Vince Gill
Aaron Neville
Pavrotti (spelling?)

I know there are others - I just can't remember them all.

But for me - there is only one DUET partner for Trisha - that is an always will be GARTH!

Naomi

Carol Ann
06-11-2002, 04:52 PM
I totally agree with you Naomi. As Garth said one time "Trisha can make anyone sound good when they sing with her" but I think she sounds the best when she sings with him. They really are magical together.

TrishaNGarthFan
06-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Carol Ann and Naomi.....

I TOTALLY AGREE!! I love them together. And I loved to hear Garth say on the Terry Bradshaw show when an audience member asked him who he would want to do a duet with other than Trisha. Know what he said? ONLY Trisha. Of course he would have liked to do one with his Mom, but I think this comment of his speaks VOLUMES! I'm so glad he's so committed to her in more ways than one. They make a dynamite couple and they deserve the best. They truly are "magical" together.

Sue

Originally posted by Carol Ann
I totally agree with you Naomi. As Garth said one time "Trisha can make anyone sound good when they sing with her" but I think she sounds the best when she sings with him. They really are magical together.

LuvGarth7
06-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by TrishaNGarthFan
Carol Ann and Naomi.....

I love them together. And I loved to hear Garth say on the Terry Bradshaw show when an audience member asked him who he would want to do a duet with other than Trisha. Know what he said? ONLY Trisha. Of course he would have liked to do one with his Mom, but I think this comment of his speaks VOLUMES! I'm so glad he's so committed to her in more ways than one. They make a dynamite couple and they deserve the best. They truly are "magical" together.

Sue

Sue, you always say it best girl! I couldn't agreee with you more, luv ya sis!

*CRYSTAL*

Ruthanna
06-11-2002, 07:46 PM
Hey guys,
WHOA! Back the Garth and Trisha interview trollie up!! :) lol I think I fell off! :) lol What interview with Terry Bradshaw are you talking about? I didn't know they did one! What happend? What were they talking about? Is there any way I can get a copy? Can someone please explain?
~Love ya,
Sarah