PDA

View Full Version : from countrynation.com

GBMOVESME
05-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Who Dat?
-- Trisha Yearwood opens her tour Sunday night in Pompano Beach, Fla. -- and rumor has it someone else will be joining her on stage for a couple of songs.

According to The Palm Beach Post, the infamous Nashville grapevine would have us believe that someone else is Garth Brooks. What -- you were thinking Cledus T. Judd?

You have to know the "Garth will be there rumor" will dog Trisha on every tour date, and sell plenty of tickets, I'm guessing.

thought ya'll might be interested in this article.....

gbcrazy
05-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Not trying to cut the person down who wrote this. But Trisha tour kicked off last week here in Cherokee NC and No Garth did not join her on stage for a few songs. Not saying he won't ever but he didn't on her first two nights.

Terry

GBMOVESME
05-24-2002, 03:51 PM
i didn't write it, countrynation.com did!

Garth_FANtasizer
05-24-2002, 05:18 PM
I was hoping that Garth would show up at some of Trisha's concerts once in awhile, but after reading the negative responses to this article at Trisha's website. maybe Garth shouldn't. I wouldn't want him to be treated poorly if he did.

Funny how Garth fans seem to embrace Trisha, and Trisha fans are resentful of Garth. Whatever!

~Ann~

GBheartandsoul
05-24-2002, 06:50 PM
I'm sure there a lot of Trisha fans who are positive about it or I would hope they would be. Not sure why they would be negative about it, but like you said Ann, whatever. I'm not so sure Garth will join her on any of her tour stops, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Seira

GriggsGarthGirl
05-24-2002, 07:16 PM
I highly doubt that if Garth did show up at a show that he'd get a bad reaction. It's easy to say that, but to actually do it is another story. That would be rude to everyone involved, especially Trisha. Trisha is such a sweetheart I'd like to think her fans were the same!

I actually wish I hadn't read that. I'm seeing Trisha next Friday and the thought of Garth being there scares me to death! Especially since I'll be meeting Trisha after the show. I'm going to block all of those thoughts out of my head so I don't go crazy thinking about it. lol

TrishaNGarthFan
05-24-2002, 07:45 PM
I would bet my paychecks for the next year that Garth will not be there. So rest easy. He won't be at ANY of her concerts to perform. I tell ya, if I were to walk into a Trisha meet and greet and Garth were there, I'd faint. I don't expect him to be there either ~ that's why I've requested one!

As for her fans, they would welcome Garth, I'm sure they would - even if he wasn't her "significant other" I'd think they could recognize talent when they see it. I will go out on a limb and say some of them don't "understand" her and Garth together, but that's another story.

Have fun with Trisha! She's a hoot!
Sue

Originally posted by GriggsGarthGirl
I highly doubt that if Garth did show up at a show that he'd get a bad reaction. It's easy to say that, but to actually do it is another story. That would be rude to everyone involved, especially Trisha. Trisha is such a sweetheart I'd like to think her fans were the same!

I actually wish I hadn't read that. I'm seeing Trisha next Friday and the thought of Garth being there scares me to death! Especially since I'll be meeting Trisha after the show. I'm going to block all of those thoughts out of my head so I don't go crazy thinking about it. lol

GriggsGarthGirl
05-24-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by TrishaNGarthFan
I would bet my paychecks for the next year that Garth will not be there.

What makes you so sure he wouldn't be there? I know there's a 99.9% chance that he won't show up at any show but Garth always likes to do what we think he won't do. So I'd be careful placing that bet.

As for Trisha, I've met her 3 times now so I know I'll have a great time!

Garthfan92
05-24-2002, 10:29 PM
With Garth, you never really know. Maybe he'll make a show here and there when the girls are with Sandy, and maybe not. I'm sure we'll hear about it if he does show up. THAT'S a sure thing!

Lisa

AngelTrisha9
05-25-2002, 12:57 AM
We like Garth, we do.. I mean most of us, can't account for all of us, but we do.. It wasn't really negative response in a negative way (That doesn't make sense but anyway!) It's just that Trisha doens't sing as long as Garth did when he was out and she doesn't tour as heavily as he did cause she cut back on the touring and some of us can't see her many times cause if she does two nights in the same town, it's very very special. So when we see Trisha, we pray for an all Trisha night (we even have trouble sitting through opening acts! Not that we don't like them, it's just that Trisha's our lady!) So that's what we mean by an all Trisha night.. It's not that we don't like Garth, it's just that we love Trisha too much and we're selfish! But don't worry for him, if he was to show up, Garth wouldn't be treated poorly, far from that. We all love the duet, but Trisha on her own is always better to us. It would be the same response for everybody. And we're nice, don't worry! I'm sorry if this was long, I just had to defend my family.

fuzzwuzz
05-25-2002, 02:18 AM
It would be the same response for everybody. And we're nice, don't worry! I'm sorry if this was long, I just had to defend my family.That makes us ALL one big happy family then? :)

I thought of going to see Trisha in Pompano, but I've recently sworn off spending more money on concerts and traveling "long distances" for my music addictions. Even without Garth I have no doubt it's a super good show Trisha puts out.

Lost 'n' Garth
05-25-2002, 07:55 AM
I am going to Pompano Beach to see Trisha tomorrow...............
So I will let you know if Garth shows.
Either way is cool...if he shows I will probably faint but if he doesn't..this my 3rd time seeing Trisha....she puts on a wonderful show!!

Plus Pompano Beach is an Amphitheatre(hopefully sitting under the stars..pray for no rain)

...it should be quite a show!!

Cheri :)

AngelTrisha9
05-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Fuzz, I guess it does! And she does put on a terrific show. Of course take my opinion for what it's worth, I whorship the lady and I don't hide it! ;o) But I like Garth too! The next 33 days until GA will DRAG!

andie
05-25-2002, 02:53 PM
I love Trisha and I love Garth so I think it would be great either way!!!! But while I think that Garth will probably be at some of her shows throughout the summer I doubt he will get on stage and sing ,but it would be GREAT if he did .But I do think he will travel with her some this summer ,when Sandy has the girls etc...

TrishaNGarthFan
05-25-2002, 03:15 PM
Well, he's retired for one thing. I doubt he'll perform. That was my first thought.

Second, I don't see him performing at one of Trisha' concerts. I'd still place that bet. He may be backstage or on the bus waiting for her, that's always possible.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see him perform with her or walk out and surprise the pants right off her during a show, but I can't see him showing up to perform. IMO, its Wishful thinking. BTW, I don't make all that much money so my paychecks are not big....I could risk losing it...LOL!

Originally posted by GriggsGarthGirl

What makes you so sure he wouldn't be there? I know there's a 99.9% chance that he won't show up at any show but Garth always likes to do what we think he won't do. So I'd be careful placing that bet.

As for Trisha, I've met her 3 times now so I know I'll have a great time!

mshap
05-25-2002, 05:28 PM
to say Garth fans "embraced" Trisha is a howl. How many times was she accused of breaking up his marriage? Please...

TrishaNGarthFan
05-25-2002, 06:15 PM
This is also true. Sad, but true.
Sue

Originally posted by mshap
to say Garth fans "embraced" Trisha is a howl. How many times was she accused of breaking up his marriage? Please...

Snow
05-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by mshap

Actually most of what I've heard of that hasn't come from Garth's fans but from tabloids. I'd say the people that have ever said this is in the small minority of postings. While some have not totally embraced the idea of Garth and Trisha... I've seen very little in the way of accusations.

I think it is true that MOST of those that I've seen post here do really "embrace" Trisha and have been supportive of her both professionally and in her role in Garth's life. Even those that don't totally support her as a girlfriend of Garth's still seem to like her as a performer.

I've seen more people bash Garth's performing skills on Trisha sites than people bashing Trisha's on Garth's sites.

TrishaNGarthFan
05-25-2002, 06:38 PM
Those posts for the most part don't stay up long and get deleted. Which I am very glad about.

There's no need to accuse either of anything. We will never agree with everything Garth or Trisha do, but sometimes out of frustration, some feel the need to lash out.

Snow>>>>>Actually most of what I've heard of that hasn't come from Garth's fans but from tabloids. I'd say the people that have ever said this is in the small minority of postings. While some have not totally embraced the idea of Garth and Trisha... I've seen very little in the way of accusations.

Lost 'n' Garth
05-27-2002, 01:03 AM
REPORT FROM POMPANO BEACH.................

Just got back from Trisha's concert at Pompano Beach Amphitheatre...

First the news ya all are probably wanting to hear first........

Garth....No Performance..

Concert...Great!!
Weather...Breezy and warm with about a 5 min rain shower
Trisha's outfit...black shirt with black pants and a long white shirt over the outfit.

Only time Garth was in the amphitheatre at all was when she sang, "Like We Never Had a Broken Heart". In spirit but not physically there.

I will post some pictures of the concert in the Trisha Yearwood forum tomorrow.

Good night

TrishaNGarthFan
05-27-2002, 01:33 AM
Cheri,

Thanks so much for the info! I was dying to know how things went tonight. Can't wait to see your pics.

Sue

fuzzwuzz
05-27-2002, 01:43 AM
I'm sorry I missed it but glad for you had fun, and that Garth was there in spirit. Guess we shoulda know he'd show up one way or another. :)

Garthfan92
05-27-2002, 05:00 PM
I'll be looking forward to more details, Cheri. Glad you had fun.

Lisa

Lost 'n' Garth
05-28-2002, 09:37 PM
I was going to post this picture from Pompano Beach in the Trisha Yearwood forum but seems I couldn't add attachments..

So here is a quick picture of Trisha..she did a wonderful job and looked great.

I wonder if Garth "Performing" rumors will follow Trisha this whole tour??? Who knows maybe he will show but sure didn't here despite a few articles from the media.

Garth_FANtasizer
05-28-2002, 09:43 PM
Great pic, Cheri!

Trisha looks GREAT in that outfit!

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
05-28-2002, 10:49 PM
You know, the last time Trisha was here in Florida the rumors went so far as on the radio and newspaper saying Garth had been there, but he wasn't. Where do they get their info?

racmac
05-29-2002, 08:38 AM
Hi Cheri,

Wanted to say THANKS for that GREAT photo of Trisha, she looks amazing as always, I cant wait to see her in July. Would love to see any other photos you have from the show too.

Rachael

G-f
05-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Seems she and Garth have a lot in common about clothes too. Just about always wearing black. It does make you look smaller. She still seems to have lost weight from what she was a one time. Maybe she will continue and feel comfortable in anything.
I remember Garth saying that is why he like black anyhow and it does help.
Tricia

Lost 'n' Garth
05-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Rachael:

Here's one more picture. Remember, I said it was a bit breezy in one of my earlier posts...
Well, here is proof!! ;)

I can't remember what song she was singin' when I took this picture but I think the song, "Wild as the Wind" would have been appropriate!! :p

To be honest with you, when she started to sing "Like We Never had a Broken Heart" ..I was like "Okay where is Garth???" Still did a great job Solo, though. She has one heck of a voice!!

I think Trisha and Garth both look great in black!!

racmac
05-30-2002, 04:57 AM
Hey Cheri,

Thanks so much for sharing another one of your Trisha photos with us all, and it sure was breezy out there. Hope Trisha enjoyed her mouthful of hair there ;)

I so hope she sings Like We Never Had A Broken Heart when I see her, its a song I have always wanted to hear her sing live.

Thanks again for sharing,

Rachael :)