PDA

View Full Version : I can not believe it!!!!!!

andie
05-22-2002, 11:53 PM
Trisha lost to Martina ,I have no faith in award shows anymore!!! I love Martina ,but DARN, I wanted Trisha to win.

TrishaNGarthFan
05-23-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by andie
Trisha lost to Martina ,I have no faith in award shows anymore!!! I love Martina ,but DARN, I wanted Trisha to win.

Andie, where have you been? I gave up on them a long time ago! Let's face it, Trisha deserves to win each and every time, however it seems others don't think so. At least Martina can sing....one of the others nominated couldn't carry a tune to save her life.

One thing I noticed tonight, a few winners thanked their "Regionals." As far as this region goes where I live, I don't think Trisha's regionals are doing their job. Nor are Garth's for that matter. I wonder what gives?

Sue

fuzzwuzz
05-23-2002, 02:23 AM
What's a regional? Are they mentioned by name or description?

TrishaNGarthFan
05-23-2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by fuzzwuzz
What's a regional? Are they mentioned by name or description?

Not sure what a regional is, but I think its someone who makes sure that particular artists music is being played in a certain region.

Sue

loreli
05-23-2002, 11:29 AM
I think Martina deserved it.

But so does Trisha..it must be very difficult to pick a winner! Some of those categories were really difficult!!

Lori

Carol Ann
05-23-2002, 11:41 AM
I think if Trisha had to loose to anyone than I can live with it being Martina and I don't feel so bad that Martina won since she has never won before, HOWEVER, that said I wonder how the people that vote decide on who to vote for. Trisha and Sara Evans are the only two nominess who had new material out. How Faith got nominated or even Lee Ann when they haven't had a new album out in a long time is beyond me. Martina put out a greatest hits album which had one new song on it "Blessed". I didn't figure they would give the award to Sara because they make you "pay your dues" before awarding you and she hasn't been around long enough yet. It just seems to me that once you've won they move on and I don't think that's fair. Trisha deserved to win that award last night but even though she didn't win it cannot take away from the fact that her voice just blows the others away. It's too bad there are not more people around like Reba who recognize quality when they see it.

Lowell Miller
05-23-2002, 03:16 PM
I'm very happy for Martina.

Quote "Martina put out a greatest hits album which had one new song on it "Blessed"

No... lol Three new songs : "When God fearing women get the blues"
"Blessed" and the best song Martina has recorded her new single "Where would you be" :)

Carol Ann
05-23-2002, 03:31 PM
On CMT.com there is a review of last nights ACM awards written by Edward Morris and here are some of the things he had to say about last nights show:

Willie Nelson and Lee Ann Womack's the yawningly banal "Mendocino County Line" was so hesitant and uncertain it was painful particularly since both are such exquisite vocal sylists.

Singing was not McBride's problem - few can match her glorious pipes - but she overdid "Where Would You Be" training an operatic blast on lyrics meant for restraint and nuance.

TRISHA YEARWOOD WAS MAJESTIC IN HER SOARING DECLARATION OF FREEDOM "I DON'T PAINT MYSELF INTO CORNERS."

Lowell Miller
05-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Singing was not McBride's problem - few can match her glorious pipes - but she overdid "Where Would You Be" training an operatic blast on lyrics meant for restraint and nuance.

No way man!!!! Martina had everybody last night!!!

Carol Ann
05-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Lowell, I think you're mixed up on what forum you're in. This is the Trisha Yearwood forum not Martina McBride and just for the record, I like Martina's voice. I was just posting what was written mainly for what he said about Trisha because that seems to be a constant comment written about Trisha that she knows EXACTLY the right nuances to add to a song and when to let go with everything she has. The expression she can add to a song through her voice which can be so different on nearly every song she sings is completely amazing and awesome. In my opinion, I could listen to her songs and her voice until the end of time and never tire of it. I cannot say that about any other female artist today.

Paula
05-23-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm sure Lowell knows what Forum he is in, and he is responding to comments made about Martina with his opinion, which is certainly acceptable.

Paula

G-f
05-23-2002, 09:31 PM
It was good to see Martina win last night. Of the ones that were announced, it had to be either Martina or Trisha. The rest are......well......not up to par with them. This was Martina's first and she certainly deserved it. Isn't it amazing that Garth picked these to ladies to give a BIG boost in their careers by letting them open for him. It was a big deal since both were just getting going. Reba is right too, Martina is a little pack of dynamite. :)
Tricia

MT4GB
05-23-2002, 09:38 PM
Too bad there was no way for them to give both Martina and Trisha the best Female Vocalist award-I love them both!

I am very happy that Martina finally won-and I think that Martina and Trisha looked good and sounded wonderful!

Nancy

Cheryl
05-24-2002, 12:27 AM
Personally, I think that Trisha and Martina should just take turns - one year Trisha, next year Martina, repeat, repeat, repeat! lol :) As far as anybody else....I have yet to hear any other female even in their league. Kudos to both of them on great performances. Why Trisha didn't get a standing ovation is beyond me, she certainly deserved it, as did Martina.

Lowell Miller
05-24-2002, 07:25 PM
Carol Ann...it's just my cuz wrote the song Martina sung that night....I'm proud...it think it was great. :-)

Garthfan92
05-24-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Personally, I think that Trisha and Martina should just take turns - one year Trisha, next year Martina, repeat, repeat, repeat!

I like your thinking! As talented as Trisha is, I just have to ask how it is that that was Martina's VERY FIRST ACM award? What can I say? I'm glad it was one of those two.

Lisa

boppityboo
05-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Wow! Lowell. Your cousin wrote that song? Very cool. That must be pretty nice bragging rights huh? :) For the record, I think Martina deserved it, as did Trisha. I'm glad one of them won. As for Garth having had these two talented singers as his opening act.. well, we all know Garth knows quality and talent when he sees it. lol. Garth was probably pretty proud too. Just think, Martina use to seel t-shirts at Garth's concerts. Congrats! to Martina

Ellie

Lowell Miller
06-01-2002, 01:58 AM
I do brag about him a lot Ellie ...lol :) I would have been happy if Trisha won. But it's nice for Martina, she has never won that before.