PDA

View Full Version : Trisha Live from the ACM's!

ProducerJ
05-22-2002, 05:56 PM
WSM did a live interview with Trisha Yearwood today from Los Angeles.. Among the things we learned:

Sonya Isaacs and John Randall are singing back up with her tonight on "I Don't Paint Myself Into Corners," which will be the next single.

Rebecca Lynn Howard wrote the song, and she heard it on her album. She kept saying how she "love love loves this song. I can't tell you how much I love this song."

She talked about SMI and again how it was the favorite thing she and Garth had ever done, how it was fun and loud, and not serious like all the power ballads they'd done in the past.

Bill asked her which she thought would come first - the duet album or the Lamb, and she laughed and said it was a toss up. She said her and Garth never agree on songs.

She talked about Jag and how much fun it was, and she said that she keeps telling them they should kill her off, it would be good for ratings, but they don't listen.

It was a short interview, 4 or 5 minutes, but she seemed very relaxed and having fun. She'd been in Nashville yesterday. No mention of her date - or her outfit - for tonight.

If I think of anything else, I'll come back.
J.

CheyenneWindRoper
05-22-2002, 08:10 PM
Very cool Joyce! Thanks! :)

I'll be anxiously watching for her tonight!

H&H,
Mary Liz

Monica Lockhart
05-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Well she blew me away with her singing as usual...

And my o my.. that blouse she had on. It was ummmmmmm...not like anything I have seen her wear before.. I had to do a double take.

But never the less.. it was a great song!

Jen19
05-23-2002, 10:32 AM
I heard the interview too.. I was gonna post but Joyce you said it much better then I would have. I've realized I'm really bad at summaries. She was awesome last night, sounded great. Even thought the ACM's sound always seems to be so flat I think they need a new audio director with all the mistakes this guy made last night. I liked her black dress better with that beautiful necklace that red one was a bit much for me but she still looked pretty. I will try and post some stills of her too..

JEN

GBheartandsoul
05-23-2002, 04:36 PM
I thought Trisha did a great job on the song last night. It's a wonderful song. I think she looked fine, but there were some performers whose look was a little bit more questionable.;) I was hoping that Trisha would win, but I like Martina too so I'm happy for her. I'm sure Trisha will win again in the future.

I agree, the sound wasn't the best. Some of the performances may have sounded flatter than if the sound system was better.

I watched the show, but kept switching back and forth between channels. I enjoyed it for the most part. I was happy for Alan. His acceptance speech for song of the year was very heartfelt. Reba looked great and did a really good job of hosting. She was funny and she really caught people's attention with her quip about Pamela Anderson. Of course I was disappointed that Garth didn't win, but somehow I wasn't really expecting him to win. It just didn't feel like they would give it to him.

Seira:)

TammyLS
05-28-2002, 12:40 PM
Thanks for sharing that,I think its funny people keep asking her about the duet album--the answer is always the same--yes they'd Love to do one,but its Hard...hopefully One day!
I to think Trisha did an outstanding job at the ACM'S--she stole the show IMO! I thought she looked beautiful, and sounded Incredible, and I LOVED that she made the presentation to Reba--talk about Class! Thats TRISHA!