PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the Convention...

Monica Lockhart
05-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Mary Liz and I were talking today about last years convention and trying to come up with some different ideas for this year of things to do to get to know each other.

Last year, most of us brought along Garth photo's that we all have, from concerts, spring training and those extra special Garth moments we have had.

This year we would still love for you to bring your Garth related items that you want to share..but we thought it would be neat to see some things that will help us get to know you better.

Like pictures of where you live, your city, your pets, your family members etc. Bring what you feel comfortable bringing. But it would be really cool to atleast see where you are from!

If anyone else has any other ideas please chime in and tell us what your thoughts are :)

Moni

GBShameless
05-18-2002, 07:10 PM
I like that idea Moni, I game.

Robin :) :)

Garthfan92
05-18-2002, 11:12 PM
I'll have to see what I can bring. Sounds like fun to get to know a little more about the people we chat with on here all the time!

Lisa

DixieChick4GB
05-20-2002, 09:03 AM
I think it's a good idea. Those of you who went last year sound like you really clicked and had a blast. Those of us who come for the first time this year who don't already know anybody, may need something to help us feel in the group (although loving Garth should about take care of everything - that gives us a natural bond.)
Elaine

Jen19
05-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Very cool idea bring anything you would love to share with us :)

JEN

Teach
05-20-2002, 10:27 PM
I will probably bore you all to death with a picture of my grandson. He is now one year old and I cannot believe it. I will also bring a few Mardi Gras beads for everyone. That is my most favorite time of the year. I love Mardi Gras almost as much as I love Garth Brooks. LOL!!!

Monica Lockhart
05-20-2002, 11:23 PM
Teach,

We would never get bored with baby pictures!! You better bring some!

And the Mardi Gras beads sounds like a really cool thing! I would love to have a string!!

Keep the ideas coming!

Moni

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
05-20-2002, 11:30 PM
Well, Louisville is famous for the KY Derby. I'd bring a race horse, but don't think it would fit in the trunk of my van lol.

I guess you'll all have to settle for more pics of my terrific children. I've always got plenty of those and love sharing them :)

Teach. I can't wait to see recent pics of your grandson, and wow mardi gras beads! That is so nice you. :D

CC

Monica Lockhart
07-24-2002, 02:00 AM
Just bringing this back up to the top!

Moni

DixieChick4GB
07-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Well, I live squarely between Tuscaloosa (Gov. George Wallace's stand in the schoolhouse door), Birmingham (Bull Connor spraying demonstrators with firehoses), Montgomery (Rosa Parks and the bus boycott)and Selma (MLK march over Edmund Pettus Bridge to Montgomery). All that spells out is CIVIL RIGHTS HISTORY. I don't know what I could bring to the Convention about my area but if you come to visit, we can show you the sites of the past!

Elaine

PS I will definitely bring a picture of my family. Gotta love people who live in the same house with a GarthNutt! :) :)

ThunderRolls
07-27-2002, 03:45 PM
Well Peterborough is not really famous for anything or boast anything good, we just have lots and lots of fields were we live cos its all country here so i guess i could bring farmyard animals but i dont think chickens like wearing stetsons, boots and all, LOL

Carl