PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Garth

Ladyg
07-14-1999, 02:23 PM
A quick thought here. Does Garth want to be referred to ONLY as Chris Gaines while this album is out? The reason I ask is, I guarantee radio jocks will probably always mention Garth's name along with Chris Gaines. That is the appeal of the "Chris Gaines" thing. IT's Garth. When DJ's promote the song coming up, they almost HAVE to say Garth Brooks, because Chris Gaines is unknown. See what I am saying? Is it taboo to mention Garth Brooks when playing a Chris Gaines song? N

honky
07-14-1999, 02:28 PM
Ok, for one thing I would hope that the DJs refer as Chris Gaine. I mean, this is the only way that Chris can achieve in POP/ROCK market right?... well, I don't mind that much actually.. <P>TommyN

Pilgrim
07-14-1999, 02:39 PM
I think they will mention Garth together with Chris Gaines :)<BR>I don't think that would be a problem in the US, but in Europe Uuuhh :o<P>BrianN

hugeGBnutt
07-14-1999, 05:54 PM
i think that they should say them both ;)...<BR>just so ppl willv know its Garth :)....and i don't think that "scare" pop/rock fans away, remember Garth has alot of pop and rock fans!<BR> :)......example:my friend HATES country but she is a fan of Garths :)....Garths appeal goes way past the country market! ;) :D<P>aRiN

Brooks7
07-15-1999, 10:32 AM
I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD MENTION GARTH'S NAME FOR A WHILE, GET THE PEOPLE WHO HATE COUNTRY TO LIKE HIM FIRST, THEN SPRING IT ON THEM WHO IT REALLY IS......ROTFLMAO <P>THAT IS IF THERE IS ANY ONE IN THE WORLD LEFT THAT HASN'T HEARD ABOUT ALL OF THIS.....N