PDA

View Full Version : Garth~ World Entertainment News Article

countyfair_85
05-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Garth Brooks Branded a Wife-Stealer

World Entertainment News Network

Now that country superstars GARTH BROOKS and TRISHA YEARWOOD have gone public about their love, Yearwood's ex is angrily
denouncing Brooks as a home-wrecking wife-stealer.

Musician ROBERT REYNOLDS, a former bass player for the MAVERICKS, puts the blame for the break-up of his marriage squarely on Brooks'
shoulders.

A pal tells American tabloid the STAR, "Robert told me point blank, 'Garth Brooks stole my wife.' If it wasn't for Garth, he feels he'd still be
married."

For years Brooks, 40, and Yearwood, 37, have denied being in love. But she divorced Reynolds in 1999 and Brooks left his wife SANDY a year
later.

When Brooks' divorce was finalized in October 2001, his romance with Yearwood was the talk of the industry.

But the pair didn't officially come out with a public display of affection until March, when they were spotted in Nashville, Tennessee, holding
hands at a memorial service for legendary country songwriter HARLAN HOWARD.

Nashville columnist JUDY MEYERS says it led Trisha's ex-husband to go ballistic, explaining, "He told his friends he really felt used and
humiliated and that Trisha and Garth were really rubbing his nose in it."

Someone sent me this via e-mail...
I can't believe all these rumors of late about Garth...
I still haven't seen or heard anything official from Garth and Trisha about them having a relationship.
Just because they held hands at Harlans tribute... or comforted each other during a lose of a friend, doesn't mean something was going on.
Just because Garth said "We're together, isn't this what we're suppose to do" at that one show... doesn't mean they're engaged or getting married...or even dating.
I'd really like to see some official proof that this entire situation is 'true'... because after this latest news article about Garth...I wonder who is going suffer the most... the fans or the music! But most of all, I wonder why Garth or Trisha haven't said anything about these rumors...
Maybe I missed something... but does 'ANYONE' know for sure that Garth and Trisha are 'officially' dating?

Thanks,
Diane

DixieChick4GB
05-15-2002, 02:09 PM
I don't believe all this unsubstantiated rag-mag stuff but if the ex DID go ballistic, it would not have been unusual. Ex's often do not feel good about seeing their ex with someone new. My ex went crazy and spent all his energy making sure everyone knew that my new love (who became my husband) was a home-wrecker who destroyed his stable marriage. Too bad it wasn't true but that's not what makes wagging tongues or headlines.
Elaine

GBheartandsoul
05-15-2002, 02:10 PM
Yep, I saw them on the cover of the Star when I went to the store. Geez!:rolleyes: Of course I didn't buy it and I didn't read it either. These tabloids, and sometimes other publications too, can be so cheezy & tacky among other things.

I haven't seen or heard anything beyond what was reported about them at the Army Archerd tribute, but I certainly am not going to pay any attention to stories like that. When and if Garth or Trisha are ready to talk about it, they will otherwise I wish people would just let them be.

I thought I read or heard that Trisha & Robert's divorce was amicable and that it had a lot to do with the fact that they were apart a lot of the time.

Seira:)

Carol Ann
05-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know who this Judy Meyers is, the Nashville columnist the Star is quoting? What publication does she write for? Usually when publications like the Star etc. print a report on someone they usually don't name names. It is usually a source or "good friend" that has given them the information. I too had heard that Robert and Trisha were still friends after their divorce so it makes me a little suspicious to think he is suddenly slamming Garth. I do, however, believe that Garth and Trisha are a couple. I know some people won't believe it until they actually hear those words spoken by either one of the two people involved but my interpretation of Garth's comments on ET was that they were a couple. There were reports that the Access Hollywood piece had more of the conversation and he basically said they were a couple. We didn't hear the question the ET reporter asked but when Garth said "We're here together, that's kind of what you do" it appeared to me that what he was really saying to the guy is "Are you stupid or what? We are here together, holding hands. Do you need a map. Of course we're together as a couple." Of course, Garth is too much of a gentleman to humiliate someone by actually saying that to the guy.

TrishaNGarthFan
05-15-2002, 05:03 PM
I wish you wouldn't have even posted that stupid article, Diane. (<---not saying that in a disgusted way) But I did read it. The dates and facts are all screwed up so I doubt I'd believe that story.

Of course they neglect to tell the other side of the story - about what the ex did - that made it so he doesn't have a wife anymore. But we'll leave that info. out for now.

Just another sad attempt to sell more mags.

Sue

TrishaNGarthFan
05-15-2002, 05:05 PM
LOL Carol Ann ~ You crack me up! I agree with you again:

1. The reporter is stupid
2. Garth is a gentleman

Sue

>>>>>"We're here together, that's kind of what you do" it appeared to me that what he was really saying to the guy is "Are you stupid or what? We are here together, holding hands. Do you need a map. Of course we're together as a couple." Of course, Garth is too much of a gentleman to humiliate someone by actually saying that to the guy.

GriggsGarthGirl
05-15-2002, 05:06 PM
On Access Hollywood Garth said they were together and added "we've been friends for 14 years so we're going to take it slow" which I assumed meant they are dating.

As for Robert Reynolds complaints, something has to be missing in a relationship for either of the people involved to look elsewhere. He can't blame Garth for anything. If it wasn't Garth it would've been someone else. Obviously something wasn't right between Trisha and Robert...and between Sandy and Garth.

countyfair_85
05-15-2002, 05:43 PM
We didn't hear the question the ET reporter asked but when Garth said "We're here together, that's kind of what you do" it appeared to me that what he was really saying to the guy is "Are you stupid or what? We are here together, holding hands. Do you need a map.

Carol Ann,

I don't believe Garth would think that way... not everyone, including myself 'got' that they were intensely dating or engaged because a brief comment. I took it another way...
I thought he meant, they were together for the evening event.
There's two sides to every coin...the same way different people gather different meanings from Garth's songs.

About a map... I'm a 'believer' and have a tendency to 'go against the grain' and not follow along... I like evidence and official proof before jumping in to search for the 'X' on any map.

The article I posted comes from the same people that serve the radio and television industry with 'newswires'... and I'm sure they're not finished with Garth just yet...maybe just getting started. But it hurt me to read they 'brand' him anything other than Garth a person I respect and love. I feel the same way about Trisha... but my question still remains 'unanswered'...

This isn't so much about the article as it is the attempt to find out the 'truth' and to know the reliable source to verify Garth and Trisha having a relationship.

There has been only "Speculation" that I see so far...
It it is true...then so be it... but if it's not, I don't want to be one that was mislead so easily to believe a lie...

I don't believe or put 'faith' in Rag Mags or articles of such...
because as a child I watched the newspapers at the check out...
topics like: "WORLD ENDS TOMORROW" never came true...
"WORLD ENDS NEXT YEAR" when it didn't happen the first time, didn't come true... It scares a kid to death to read stuff like that.

This stuff scares me too when I read things about Garth that are coming from other people... no reliable source to count on.
Unless someone has asked Garth or Trisha in person or they announce a relationship ... I will not believe it...
With the way everyone has been running with this story... I'm curious where the actual proof is because I haven't seen it.
I saw two good friends keeping each other company... Trisha has always been Garth's best friend...and like a sister to him so he's said in the past.

My original question was:

But most of all, I wonder why Garth or Trisha haven't said anything about these rumors...
Maybe I missed something... but does 'ANYONE' know for sure that Garth and Trisha are 'officially' dating?

-Diane

diem nash
05-15-2002, 06:43 PM
Some few things are going trough my mind.
First of all: Diane, itīs good, that you shared this article and your thoughts with us. I know (And I can read! ;) ), that itīs very important for you and that it "involves" you. I mean, it hurts and confuses you. And we are all here to help each other to talk and find some answers.

Well, I donīt know, if Garth and Trisha are together as a couple or not. All I know is, that I wish, that Garth will find the best woman for himself. If itīs Trisha itīs okay. If itīs someone else itīs okay, too. I hope heīll find his complete happiness and I hope, that God will lead him to it.

And about Mr. Robert Reynolds. Well, I even donīt know, if he said it and if he said those words. IF he did than all I can say is: "Poor soul!" And I donīt say it, because heīs a betrayed man or whatever. There are two people in a marriage - the man and the woman. And both are "quilty" for whatever happens. I donīt know, what was going on in their marriage and I donīt ask. Itīs not my bussiness. But itīs sooo "poor" (like we say) to blame Garth that it didnīt work.
That Mr. Reynolds should ask himself, what he did wrong!
What I dislike most is, that there are always people out-there, who wanna have a piece of the cake of Garth. They wanna earn some money with Garthīs name. Itīs not fair to do so. It makes me angry!
If Mr Reynolds did it he should take a deep breath and better try to find another way to earn some money. What about hard, true work?!

Sorry, but Iīm a little angry about it. Iīll take a deep breath, too.

:D

Maddy

angelamccann
05-15-2002, 06:52 PM
I don't mind what they're doing as long as they're happy :) - but I don't appreciate the constant insinuations in the media that Garth and Trisha's involvement has ever been anything other than proper.

Evidence? Last time Trisha was in the UK, a couple of years back, she did an interview with Ritz1035AM Radio, and when questioned about her (then recent) divorce from Robert Reynolds, her response was (these aren't her exact words but as much as I can remember clearly) that she considered herself and Robert to be one of those couples who'd keep on marrying and divorcing one another.

And then we have one of Garth's interviews last October (hope someone can remember which one, all I recall is I think he was wearing a Michigan sweatshirt in the photo, but I might have the wrong interview!) - he said then he wasn't dating at that time. If we believe the tabloids we have to believe Garth and Trisha were lying - and from experience I'll believe Garth and Trisha.

Angela x

MT4GB
05-15-2002, 07:18 PM
This is getting really stupid-I remember this same type of article in the tabloids the last couple of years!

I myself do not know if Garth and Trisha are together-if they are I wish them the best-to be together with someone who respects you and lets you be yourselves!

To the tabloids-get a life and remember one day you might be the one on the end of a story that hurts you and the people that you love the most!

To Garth, Trisha, Sandy and Robert-hold your heads up high and remember you have people who love and respect you-and that is the best way to deal with these tacky stories!

To my fellow garthnutts-we need to stand together and be here for one another and Garth and Trisha-we will not let these tabloids beat us and Garth, Trisha and their families!

Nancy

berriffic
05-15-2002, 08:31 PM
I really hope that these comments are taken with a grain of salt. First of all its in the STAR...which really says it all. You know I really want to write this long email saying how bloated that story is for many reasons. But Garth and Trisha don't need defending......thus I am not going to. Love ya all
Ber

shelde2003
05-15-2002, 08:31 PM
that is the most obsurd thing i've ever heard! i'm livid...that's just wrong i mean...can anyone back it up. i don't think so,

countyfair_85
05-15-2002, 08:33 PM
Angela,

Thanks for posting about those two interviews.

Nancy,

Rag mags never change... they don't care who they hurt!

Maddy,

When you said:

that itīs very important for you and that it "involves" you. I mean, it hurts and confuses you. And we are all here to help each other to talk and find some answers.

Yes, it is important to me when they start 'BRANDING' Garth as a wife stealer! It's so pathetic the things they come up with...

All I know is when people start 'speculating' and 'assuming' things they 'think' Garth meant but not sure what he 'really' meant, we're going to have different people interpret the meaning in various ways. That's why it's best to wait on the 'official' word from Garth or Trisha because you know it will come if it's true or not when they are ready to share about it.

-Diane

BLL
05-15-2002, 09:21 PM
I'm as big a Trisha fan as I am of Garth's; about the time of her divorce there was an interview in (I think) Guitar Player(?) magazine with Robert. I always liked the Mavericks so I picked it up. I was truly disappointed with the interview. He trashed Trisha; he came across like a whiney 5 year old. He seemed to have a HUGE chip on his shoulder because she was more sucessful than they were. The tabs picked up on this article and ran some trash then as well. I felt very sorry for her back then.

I, too, saw the Access Hollywood, and they seemed to be dating, and Garth said they were taking it slow. So watch the tabs for news of a wedding next month!!! :rolleyes: Sorry, I personally feel that Garth and Trisha 1) have too much integrity to have been sneaking about, and 2) have too much respect for their friendship to risk damaging it. If they are able to find love with each other, bravo. If not they're devoted friends, and God, don't we all need one or two in our lives??

MT4GB
05-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Diane I agree-as long as the stupid tabloids can make money off someone's elses private lives they will keep printing these stupid stories!!!

Sad fact is as long as the demand is out there for these rags they will still be printed!

Nancy

fuzzwuzz
05-16-2002, 01:15 AM
Thanks Diane for sharing your concerns. Just when will the press stop allowing all this slander and name calling as if it is their God given right? I hope Trisha's ex finds contentment with himself first before he puts any blame for his "unhappy" condition on her or Garth. In my own life I have found I'm am accountable for my own happiness. No one else can do it for me.

CountryBee
05-16-2002, 02:05 AM
I seem to remember reading the same article at the National Enquirer or Star web site way back in 1999, just after Trisha (and/or Robert Reynolds) filed for divorce. The stuff about Garth and Trisha has been going around in the tabloid press ever since Trisha went on Garth's last world tour. I also remember reading an interview with Trisha who claimed (at the time) that nothing was "going on" between her and Garth, and that Garth did not break up her marriage. She also remarked that she and Sandy were friends, and they laughed at all the stories going around.
Bee

Carol Ann
05-16-2002, 08:45 AM
I think the reason certain people don't want to believe that Garth and Trisha are a couple is because they don't want to see it and they think that as long as they don't hear "the official word" from either Garth or Trisha they don't have to believe it and they can go on pretending it isn't so and keep their heads buried in the sand. I'm not saying that I believe anything in the rag magazines but someone else posted on another thread that, at times, there is a certain degree of truth in the article sometimes. Usually gossip and rumours fade away, in time, when there is no truth to the story but this story doesn't seem to be going away. Also, Pat Alger was at the songwriters event in Ireland and someone else posted that he said "Garth and Trisha are a couple and that Garth is in a very happy and loving place." I agree, they are and have been friends for years but I don't remember seeing or hearing about them being together as much and they certainly weren't holding hands all the time and he didn't have his arm around her. I think the thing we all need to realize here is that they are both human. They make mistakes, fall in love and have all the trials and tribulations we normal folk have. Just because they are in the public eye does not give us the right or make them obligated to tell us everything about their private lives and loves. If they mislead us about the real relationship they have or they just flat out lied about it I don't care, I don't blame them for wanting privacy and I still respect them both. I wish them all the best. They both look very happy, very much at peace and very much in love.

berriffic
05-16-2002, 09:23 AM
Once again......the world is a high school! LOL
<3 ber

Jen19
05-16-2002, 11:08 AM
I got to meet Robert last year at a show and I have to say he was such a sweet guy so if this did happend to him I'm sure he has a broken heart he talked about Trisha and you could tell he still loved her very much. he said there were still close freinds and he did miss her. He also mentioned Garth and said that he was also friends with him and if they did end up together if it was right it would work. I never posted this before becasue I didnt want to start rumers but since its past that now I didn't think it would hurt so I belive Robert might be hurt but I don't think he is ballistic.

JEN

fuzzwuzz
05-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Maybe he just had a bad day like all of us tend to do from time to time.

diem nash
05-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by countyfair_85
Maddy,

Yes, it is important to me when they start 'BRANDING' Garth as a wife stealer! It's so pathetic the things they come up with...

All I know is when people start 'speculating' and 'assuming' things they 'think' Garth meant but not sure what he 'really' meant, we're going to have different people interpret the meaning in various ways. That's why it's best to wait on the 'official' word from Garth or Trisha because you know it will come if it's true or not when they are ready to share about it.

-Diane

All I can do here is to agree. Youīre right.

It still is a hot topic with a lot of different meanings and we often at PG ride into a direction I donīt like finally, because people loose respect for Garth/Trisha & their "stuff" and also for other members. It becomes more personal and attacking like it should.
Some people canīt just let Garth and Trisha live their own lives. They are nobodyīs property and do things right or wrong like we all.
Iīll never judge about their relationsship (which way ever). I donīt do it, because itīs not my bussiness and I donīt know everything from every side. And if Iīd know and couldnīt live with it and they would be my personal friends Iīd talk with them or shut my mouth, but never would do it public.

Live and let live and tread them both like two grown up people, cause thatīs, what they are!

Another part of those "living a public life"-things is, that you never know, what to believe. I mean all those magazines wanna earn money and we all know, that they go quite far sometimes. So I TRY (Iīm not perfect!) to be fair and not to take it too serious.

I think the reason certain people don't want to believe that Garth and Trisha are a couple is because they don't want to see it and they think that as long as they don't hear "the official word" from either Garth or Trisha they don't have to believe it and they can go on pretending it isn't so and keep their heads buried in the sand.

Well, I can just speak for myself. I said it some few times before. I hope and wish, that Garth is as happy as possible and that heīll have love in his life and that heīll find the best woman for him - his "Every woman". If itīs Trisha and thatīs how it should be, than Iīll keep my fingers crossed, that they both will share a wonderful, true love together. I wish them both, that happiness and love will rule their lives - together or not.
And I donīt need an "official statement". I wouldnīt do it in their position, because itīs not a "story". I would just live my life and if people see us together itīs fine. They are humans and sacrificed enough by they way of their lives. People WILL see, if they are together or not.
I hope, their love (whomever the partner is)will be stronger than all the stones the press and all those will through into their way.
The most sad thing here is, that Garthīs so called fans doubt on him. Itīs sad! Just a note somewhere and a hot discussion starts. Everything, what was fine till than suddenly is wrong or fake or a lie. It hurts him, cause his people are the most important thing in his public life. He trusts us and did sooo much. And he earns that now?! Naaa! Canīt be everything!

Well, I hope, that something good will come out of it at all.
I know, that Garthīs true believers will stand behind him, whatever heīll do and also, when heīs doing something wrong (Iīm not talking about his relationship!!!).

I know, that I am happy, that heīs in a good place yet. Seems like that and I hope so.

Garth-Believer Maddy :)

fuzzwuzz
05-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Maddy, I'm finding out something else very important too. That it's not enough to just believe in Garth. I gotta believe in myself before anyone else will. Da man Garth taught me well. It's ok to just be me. I too can't live up to anything else but what and who I am.

countyfair_85
05-16-2002, 06:07 PM
I think the reason certain people don't want to believe that Garth and Trisha are a couple is because they don't want to see it and they think that as long as they don't hear "the official word" from either Garth or Trisha they don't have to believe it and they can go on pretending it isn't so and keep their heads buried in the sand.

Carol Ann,
I guess I'm one of those people then...but my heads not buried in the sand. I like to know the 'truth' and not jump to conclusions or a fantasy I make up in my mind.
Of course I'd like to wait for 'official' word from Garth or Trisha and I'm not 'pretending' it isn't so because I don't believe the latest gossip.
I just like 'honesty' and since I'm a fan of both of these artists,
I will give them the respect they so deserve by not believing every article tabloids publish...or every 'speculation' someone comes up with.
Truly, as I've always waited for 'official' information when it came to Garth over the years... I will wait this time also.
I think he'd do the same if it was about me. After all, to Garth he's always put the 'people' first... and I don't want to be one of those 'people' to let him down.
So, speculation and assumption aren't valid in my book...only the truth and 'official' information is. (you have a right to your opinion also, as I do mine.) No hard feelings about the sand...

-Diane

Gß-fÄŅ
05-16-2002, 10:19 PM
So, speculation and assumption aren't valid in my book...only the truth and 'official' information is. (you have a right to your opinion also, as I do mine.) No hard feelings about the sand...
Diane
================================================== =============
So it's not enough to see them together.....what 6 time or so HOLDING hands, making comments to ET and Access Hollywood about being together and taking it slow? I would say that for a man that was "suppose" to be retiring because he wanted to be home with his kids especially while they were in school, that he sure spends a lot of that promised time on the road with TRISHA,,,over and over and over. It's not just a coincidence that they happen to be at the same place. Before we never saw them holding hands in "public" as they do now......geezzzzzzzz... I think for some folks it would take you being there and sitting in the back seat of his car and seeing them to believe it's so. Only then you would say, oh he's just giving her a ride...... he sure is.....
Tricia

countyfair_85
05-16-2002, 10:45 PM
I would say that for a man that was "suppose" to be retiring because he wanted to be home with his kids especially while they were in school, that he sure spends a lot of that promised time on the road with TRISHA,

Tricia,

Garth retired from 'touring' not from 'living'...
Trisha is a dear friend of his... it's his business if he chooses to spend his time with her but it's not our business to make something out of nothing... unless they announce something different to the public.

I think for some folks it would take you being there and sitting in the back seat of his car and seeing them to believe it's so. Only then you would say, oh he's just giving her a ride...... he sure is.....
Tricia

Why are you so bent against people having their own feelings...people that want to wait for the 'official' announcement not speculation by fans who read more into what they saw and heard than what actually occured?
Or people that followed the tabloid news...

Before we never saw them holding hands in "public" as they do now.

I guess you've never seen them perform live in concert then...
with Sandy on the side of the stage watching.
Friends can and do hold hands ... especially people that are capable of giving a bigger part of their heart and love to others.

-Diane

LovinGarth2
05-17-2002, 12:01 AM
Hi all! I just have to say that I feel sorry for Sandy. Here I see this woman who was without her husband for so many years, endured the pain of having to raise her three children alone and explain why Dad wasn't always there, and put her life on hold to allow her husband to follow his dreams. And then, he finally comes back to her and her kids and leaves. I love Garth, but I am absolutely not supportive of Trisha and Garth. Maybe it's because of all the horrible things I have heard through the rumor mill, but either way my feelings of sorrow for Sandy remain. I hope that she has managed to heal her emotional wounds. No, I'm not saying that he's completely to blame or that Trisha had anything to do with it, but I just feel for Sandy.

I still love Garth, and I hope he's happy, but I also feel for his family who has been on the back burner for so long so that he could follow his dream.

fuzzwuzz
05-17-2002, 01:45 AM
Friends can and do hold hands ... especially people that are capable of giving a bigger part of their heart and love to others. Thank you Diane. Thank you so much.

Remember what I said about believing in yourself because no one else is gonna do it for you? Well, SOMETIMES they do. Hopefully when you can't do it alone. We all have those moments too. And hopefully friends that don't let go of your hand when you need them the most. But at least I know I CAN believe in myself without apology or explanation. Why should I change and hand a stranger a piece of my soul just because they don't like me the way I am? That wouldn't be being true to who I am as a person. Did you put the lyrics to A Friend to Me here Diane? You sure reminded me of it. Thanks again for showing me that the example Garth's(and Trisha's) life has always been a good one, but that the press often paints the wrong picture or conclusion. You're so right. Garth and Trisha have been holding hands all along for all the right reasons. I accept that! :)

TrishaNGarthFan
05-17-2002, 06:18 AM
All I have to say is I feel sorry for those of you who have to believe rumor mill crap. I would say that none of us have no idea who endured what pain and I sure don't see anyone who had to "put their life on hold" so Garth could follow his dreams. If you ever listened to Garth talk he always said "we." And the work Garth did all those years has enabled his family to fulfill their dreams~now and in the future. Its totally wrong to base your opinion on horrible things said in the rumor mill~but oh well, people will believe what they want to believe.

Oh, and by your post you sure make it sound like Garth is to blame.

LovinGarth2>>>>>>Hi all! I just have to say that I feel sorry for Sandy. Here I see this woman who was without her husband for so many years, endured the pain of having to raise her three children alone and explain why Dad wasn't always there, and put her life on hold to allow her husband to follow his dreams. And then, he finally comes back to her and her kids and leaves. I love Garth, but I am absolutely not supportive of Trisha and Garth. Maybe it's because of all the horrible things I have heard through the rumor mill, but either way my feelings of sorrow for Sandy remain. I hope that she has managed to heal her emotional wounds. No, I'm not saying that he's completely to blame or that Trisha had anything to do with it, but I just feel for Sandy.

I still love Garth, and I hope he's happy, but I also feel for his family who has been on the back burner for so long so that he could follow his dream

Carol Ann
05-17-2002, 08:34 AM
Tricia, I agree with you about sitting in the back seat of Garth's car and people still not believing they are a couple. I guess the reason he is holding her hand everywhere they go together (and it's been a lot of places, lately) is that he is afraid she is going to get lost. I guess she is just showing up, unannounced at these events that he just happens to be at and he figures he better hold her hand because her sense of direction isn't any good!!! Yes, they held hands and had their arms around each other thousands of times on stage but that is part of the "act", part of their performance. I don't recall them holding hands everywhere they went when they weren't on stage. I am also sick of Sandy being put on some kind of pedestal like she didn't have any part in the break down of their marriage. It takes two to make a marriage work and it takes two for it to fall apart. We don't know what happened there and we never will but she knew the kind of career he was pursuing and everything that goes along with that lifestyle. His career has provided very well for Sandy, their children and their parents for the rest of their lives. Also, I don't think Sandy deserves all the credit for Garth being the man he is. If you want to give someone credit for the kind, decent, wonderful man who is so respectful of woman and everyone he deals with you can thank his Mother. She raised him to be the kind of man he is.

diem nash
05-17-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Carol Ann
It takes two to make a marriage work and it takes two for it to fall apart. We don't know what happened there and we never will but she knew the kind of career he was pursuing and everything that goes along with that lifestyle. His career has provided very well for Sandy, their children and their parents for the rest of their lives. Also, I don't think Sandy deserves all the credit for Garth being the man he is. If you want to give someone credit for the kind, decent, wonderful man who is so respectful of woman and everyone he deals with you can thank his Mother. She raised him to be the kind of man he is.

Thatīs right. It takes two to let a marriage grow or fail. And there are some more people than just Sandy, who made and let Garth be the man he is today. There are sooo many influences in a life. It starts with your parents, than your siblings & family, your friends and the people, who cross your way in life. But first of all itīs the people, who are most near to you - your family and best friends. So we even can Trisha count in. And Sandy.
Well, I think everybody knows that, but to put Sandy for a moment on a "pedestal" is okay I think. She had a tough life and a tough job being the wife of such a big celebraty that Garth is. She had to learn to live with it - like Garthīs family and friends, too. Nobody is born that way. They all had to be strong here and there. And they had to find a way to handle it - including Garth.
Itīs okay to put them on a pedestal here and there. But I think, we all know, thatīs even Garth, who made himself the person he is today.
The other side surely is, that Sandy and the rest of the family had a great life. They could live a life a lot of us will never do. They paid a prize being public and everybody wanna touch them or make pics or talking about their lives. Itīs like a zoo sometimes. Did they know it ALL before? Well, I doubt it. We all get a piece of a life of a celebraty on tv or when we meet them or when they talk or write about it. But thereīs much more you have to handle. So you CANīT be prepared for what will happen with you and your family beside of a celebraty. And even the celeb canīt know it.

I can just agree, that his mom was one of the biggest influences in Garthīs life and sheīll be it forever. We all know it and honour her as good as we can. I do.
She deserves our love and respect. Iīll always clap my hands for this very special angel called Colleen. Sheīs even been one on Earth. Sheīs unforgotten and imortal in Garthīs heart, the hearts of her family and in ours. Itīs forever!

So we have to thank some very great people here and that includes even Sandy.

Let people express their feelings and enjoy seeing their true hearts!

Thank you!

:D

Maddy

Honeybunny31
05-17-2002, 01:07 PM
I dont know why you would be sick of having Sandy put on a Pedestal. She deserves it!! What a lady. When I think of Sandy, I think streath. She has basically been a single mom for years. And having $$ have nothing to do with being a loving and nurturing mom.

As far as Garth's career. Garth has said himself that he would of never went back to Nashville had it not been for Sandy not letting him give up. So she deserves some credit.

Here's wishing GARTH and SANDY all the happiness in the world.

Take Care All,

Lisa

Cathy Welch
05-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Bravo, Carol Ann! I'm definitely on the same page as you.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe...just maybe their appearances at these recent events holding hands and acting like a couple is their subtle way of letting us know they are a couple? What are you people waiting for? A press conference? We all know Garth loves to call press conferences for everything under the sun, but I really don't think he's obligated to do that in this case.

All the engagement and wedding stuff is just BS as far as I'm concerned, but I don't know how much more obvious it can be that they are dating. I think they have been the epitome of discretion lately and are just now testing the waters publicly as a couple.

Actually, I have been impressed that the tabloids have been relatively kind about all this. I don't think one of their stories yet has suggested anything inappropriate was going on while either of them was married. The stuff about weddings and bitter ex-spouses...well that's just to get you to pick up the magazine and read. Once you get into the articles they are usually somewhat factually inaccurate, but relatively tame as to their speculations.

Anyway, it's a long weekend up here in Canada, so I'm off to enjoy.

TrishaNGarthFan
05-17-2002, 06:39 PM
LOL Carol Ann....And by the looks of things in those few ASCAP pictures we saw, in that narrow, empty, uncrowded hallway, I can see how Trisha could've easily lost her way *wink* So Garth certainly had to hold her hand. Maybe her sense of direction is so bad because she's blind in one eye and can't see out of the other? That'd be a good reason to hold her hand, eh?

I didn't agree with Garthrulz when she posted, but I think she may be right.....D-E-N-I-A-L.

>>>>>>Tricia, I agree with you about sitting in the back seat of Garth's car and people still not believing they are a couple. I guess the reason he is holding her hand everywhere they go together (and it's been a lot of places, lately) is that he is afraid she is going to get lost. I guess she is just showing up, unannounced at these events that he just happens to be at and he figures he better hold her hand because her sense of direction isn't any good!

countyfair_85
05-17-2002, 07:33 PM
What are you people waiting for? A press conference?

Cathy,
When you say "You People", your talking about 'good' people that are fans of Garth. There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion than you do. :) It's still okay to be friends with someone that disagrees with you.
Look at it this way...somewhere down the road, one of us will be right and one will be wrong... hopefully our hearts were in the right place all along.
And friends will still be friends singing the same songs.

I posted the article basically to show how the tabloids have 'branded' Garth with a degrading form of a name....and to ask the question if anyone had 'Official' information at all about Garth or Trisha dating. Without a shadow of a doubt is what I meant... Not speculation of any kind... I have since found out that not one person has answered that question other than referring to the same things I already saw and knew about...but I come to a different conclusion. I guess I would just like to hear it from them 'officially' than someone that just assumes to know what they're doing holding hands.
I know eventually we'll find out...it doesn't mean 'DENIAL'...
it's just a differing opinion and outlook on situations in life. :)

I know there's good in all of us... and we want the best for Garth, Sandy and Trisha... but headlines like the one that comes on this article are not good for any of them.
Maybe we could use the energy and devotion for those involved in a positive way by letting those that write this stuff know that they crossed a line when they used a headline 'Branding' Garth with such a harsh name?
Instead of coming up against each other, when that's not what we really want is it?
I know it's not what I desire.

When this world's big enough for all different views, We Shall Be Free

-Diane (still waiting for 'official' word with my heart in the right place!) :)

Gemo
05-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Sometimes the bubbles burst. Sometimes they just float away. Garth is just a man, another human being and the pedestal he has been put on has to one day fall. But it does not mean he is good or bad, right or wrong. He is one of us and just trying to be himself. Can we accept that?

countyfair_85
05-17-2002, 10:41 PM
I think this thread has served it's purpose...

Would a moderator please 'close' this thread?

Thanks

-Diane

TrishaNGarthFan
05-17-2002, 10:52 PM
I don't see anyone taking any credit away from Sandy. All I see is people putting things into perspective. My husband is a success at his business, but it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I don't work for him or with him~I have my own job at another place of business. Nobody from his job, his customers, or people he knows, puts me on a pedestal because he does his job so well. There's many a night he spends away from home due to his job too, and he'd be doing this job whether he's married to me, to someone else, or if he was single. Its true I do the household chores and things but thats my job, its what we agreed to before we got married. That's usually the way it is in marriages. So while I can't take all the credit for him doing his job so well, I can take a little credit. And that's what Sandy deserves, IMO.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>As far as Garth's career. Garth has said himself that he would of never went back to Nashville had it not been for Sandy not letting him give up. So she deserves some credit.
>

TrishaNGarthFan
05-17-2002, 10:58 PM
I don't see the problem with using the term "you people." It could also be referring to those of us who take Garth's words as "official." You could call us "you people" who believe Garth's Words when he says he and Trisha are a couple. I'm not offended to be part of the "you people" crowd. And I don't see where you categorizing me as "you people" is saying I'm a bad person.

I don't think you did anything wrong, Cathy.
Sue

cntyfair>>>>>Cathy,
When you say "You People", your talking about 'good' people that are fans of Garth. There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion than you do. It's still okay to be friends with someone that disagrees with you.
Look at it this way...somewhere down the road, one of us will be right and one will be wrong... hopefully our hearts were in the right place all along.
And friends will still be friends singing the same songs.