PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought(pro Garth, BTW)

MDgarthgirl
07-14-1999, 01:29 PM
First of all, I gotta say I'm scared to death for the high limb Mr. Brooks is running out on to play, but I support him with everything I have. Second of all, this may not be here nor there, but my mother and I were recently talking about Mr. Brooks/Mr. Gaines and how he looks Really thin on the album cover and out of the blue she said,"Do you think Garth will starve himself to play the role?"<BR>Immediately, I thought, "He better not!" <P>I know his weight has, in the past, sparked some conversation among the masses. And I have heard him light-heartedly joke about it. Well, he's always looked good to me, but he did seem to go out of his way on the album cover to appear really thin. Do you think he has considered his weight to be a factor when he transforms into Chris Gaines?N

JulieLvsGB
07-14-1999, 01:36 PM
Sure! I think he would. Most actors and actresses do take into consideration their weight when doing a certain role. For example, Tom Hanks lost 30 pounds for his role in Philadelphia, about the lawyer with AIDS. Also, Dennis Quaid lost a lot of weight when portraying Doc Holliday (I forget for which movie). I saw him on Leno saying that he was eating very little because Doc Holliday was really thin due to tuberculosis. I'm sure there are some that have even gained weight purposely to portray a certain role - I just can't think of any right now, sorry.<P>JulieN

JulieLvsGB
07-14-1999, 01:39 PM
OH BTW, I think Garth looks great whether on the thin side or on the "chubby" side. Makes no difference to me! :)N

ThankGod4Garth
07-14-1999, 02:18 PM
I hope he is careful with the weight loss too. I do know that Tom Hanks also gained weight to play the coach in A League of Their Own. And the part that Val Kilmer lost weight for was his part in Tumbstone. That was a pretty cool movie by the way. :)N

Pilgrim
07-14-1999, 02:26 PM
Sly Stallone gained 25 pounds for the role in <B>Cop Land</B>, VERY good movie :)<P>He had got rid of the pounds, but because of some retakes he had to eat again to "fill out" the role :) :)<BR>Do I have to say that he was mad about that :)<P>BrianN

Pilgrim
07-14-1999, 02:27 PM
Ooops, my fault :o I meant he gained <B>45</B> pounds :)<P>Sorry :o<P>BrianN