PDA

View Full Version : NEW GARTH CD JULY 17th

gbkubfan
05-16-2001, 11:48 PM
Hey I was at Sam Goody records tonight and they are advertising the new Garth Brooks CD on July 17th. They just had a small sign for people to order it now. Anyone work for Sam Goody and want to verify this???? Thanks DR

countyfair_85
05-16-2001, 11:53 PM
Did it mention the title of the cd? or show the album cover? Just curious! :)
Thanks for sharing the info!

July 17th isn't that far away!!!! :D

-Diane

Lowell Miller
05-16-2001, 11:54 PM
I can handle July 17th :D :D :D :D

Chris Gaines
05-16-2001, 11:55 PM
I don't even have an Album cover yet!

They can't have it released to Press yet LOL

ack!

Jason

gbkubfan
05-16-2001, 11:56 PM
:) Nope, no title, no name, Just a standout card that said Garth brooks, order the new CD and the date, Tuesday July 17th. The guy had a line at the register or I would have had him look it up in the computer. My friend Richard didn't want to wait for the people to pay, so we left. I can start getting excited...LOL

honky
05-16-2001, 11:59 PM
Whatever is takes!!!! :D

Tommy

Garthmedic
05-17-2001, 12:23 AM
Wooooo Hoooo!

--spuddups--:)

Charles
05-17-2001, 12:30 AM
so if this is true.....

we will be hearing a new single not too long from now?

wohoooooo

nelty
05-17-2001, 12:51 AM
:eek: that would be a nice thing. Considering the way the things are going....

Nelly

fuzzwuzz
05-17-2001, 12:58 AM
What do you mean Nelly?

nelty
05-17-2001, 01:14 AM
Ops.. I didn't finish the sentence did I?? lol

I mean the way things are going for me.. ME... ;)

Nelly

garthfamily
05-17-2001, 02:45 AM
I'll try to check out Sam Goody tomorrow. And see if I can find anything out.:)

Sharon

Marga
05-17-2001, 06:59 AM
It would be very nice if it happens, but I think that here the 17th july will be too late...:(
If all of you can get this one enjoy for me too.:cool: ;)

jstensig
05-17-2001, 07:27 AM
:D :cool: ;) :eek:

Very cool - let's all hope.

Jakob

Pilgrim
05-17-2001, 08:14 AM
Sounds interesting:)

Brian

Chief
05-17-2001, 08:47 AM
Knowing that it would be impossible to get it in NZ on that day or ever...

would some nice people would willing to get it for me? Spud? Lori? Sam?

PUH-LEASE!!!! :) :D

I'll be good. :)

PJ
05-17-2001, 10:06 AM
Chief - many online music outlets let you preorder new music and usually ship it so you receive it on release day. You might try looking online.

SweetGBFan
05-17-2001, 11:22 AM
This is so awesome!!! I hate this. Now I will go around with a sick stomach until July 17th, and if a new single is released I will be sick thinking will it go #1, and I will worry about the new CD hoping and being sick about how it does. Oh well, it is so worth it if its true. Also, this means maybe a summer of Garth promoting the CD with concerts, specials, and talk shows. So cool!! Garth needs to show everyone he still has it, cause we all know he does. Goodbye Tim and Faith HELLO GARTH!!!!!!

Chris Gaines
05-17-2001, 11:47 AM
Don't hold your breath guys just yet :)

I don't see any news on this album at all in Capitol's press area... but it's still 2 months (exactly) away from here...

If anything appears there.. you all will be the 1st to know :)

Jason

Marga
05-17-2001, 01:28 PM
Oh Jason tell us everything as soon as you get news on that!
:cool: :)

littlebit
05-17-2001, 01:49 PM
um, not throw a wet blanket or nuthing, but didn't Garth just released a statement saying there was no date set for the release of the cd? :confused:

until Garth sets a release date or we get official news of it here on PG, i think i'll breath till then

;)

Chris Gaines
05-17-2001, 02:04 PM
hmmm when was the statement?

I missed something.. last one I heard was in March..

Help me Littlebit :)

Jason

twinderful
05-17-2001, 02:09 PM
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Was just today listening to Double live with my kids. They are already getting into Garth at 15 months old. (starting them early). I really do hope it's true.

Chris
:)

DixieChick4GB
05-17-2001, 02:14 PM
The last time I was in Sam Goody's they had it posted June 5th as the date that they would have it. I had already heard on PG that it was probably pushed back past Mother's Day and Father's Day so I ignored it. That is why I am going to ignore this July date also! :)

Elaine

gbkubfan
05-17-2001, 02:16 PM
Hey....
I was thinking about why we haven't heard anything about the new CD yet except for the Sam Goody at Lakewood Mall advertising it. Maybe this is part of the new Garth, he is going to play this CD low key and see how we as fans react without the promotion and hoopala surrounding the past CDs. Maybe he is using this as a litmus test to see how viable he is after his "timeoff" etc. I know I am just surmising my thoughts but it is something to ponder. If it isn't a big hit like the past CDs and only sells at the level of the Chris Gaines CD, maybe Garth will use this as a barometer on whether he will continue to do music. Anyone share these feelings or have anything else to offer?

gbkubfan
05-17-2001, 02:19 PM
Cheif,
I am willing to work out a trade with you for the new CD. I will get the new CD and mail it to you in exchange for the Australian version of The Magic of Xmas. I think you are close enough that you probably got that version. E-mail me at garthfandr@hotmail.com if you are interested. DR:)

TroylzGal
05-17-2001, 02:32 PM
My son-in-law works for a printer that does Capitol stuff. He's not printing anything yet!!:confused: :(

Chris Gaines
05-17-2001, 02:59 PM
DR,

I doubt that would be the case... (but a never know) but Garth's never ever played low key on a CD.

The label wanted to do that with "Sevens" remember? And Garth got mad and held out on the CD for 3 months til Capitol would promte it "properly."

I don't think Garth would ever try to just sell a CD just on his name alone.

I think he would love to break the N'SYNC 2.4 Million albums sold the first week record.. so he can claim that back again! :)

jason

madam divine1
05-17-2001, 04:08 PM
hey folks!!!!,

i will wait for as long as it takes but...

note the date july 17th, and we all know how "Da Man" loves those "sevens"!! :D, :D

so i wait with bated breath!!!! (LOL) as i wax poetic!!

cee ya

Tina

gbkubfan
05-17-2001, 05:07 PM
:) Hey Jason...
ITA..Garth is a master of the marketing biz and in the past he has gone wholehearted. I hope he continues to do the same thing because I love the hype. I would also love to see him break the record. I know I have done my part in the past that is why I have bought close to 350 cds/tapes for me and my friends and family.:D
I for one will buy additional copies that first week.:)

jstensig
05-17-2001, 05:12 PM
What is different about the australian version of The Magic of Xmas?

Jakob

gbkubfan
05-17-2001, 05:22 PM
:) Hey...from what I have heard..it was called The Color of Xmas versus the Magic of Xmas. I may be wrong, but if it is Color vs Magic, I would like a copy:) maybe some of our Garth friends from Survior Country;) could verify this.

Ceespin
05-17-2001, 06:42 PM
Thanks for sharing!

I can't wait! (((marking it on my calender))

Catch ya later...Ceespin :)

shelde2003
05-17-2001, 07:42 PM
I say that we all just take a couple of chill pills and calm down untill we hear something from the horses mouth himself. (that's garth by the way) let's just keep it cool oh and by the way, hi i'm new here i'll post my intro where it's nessisary.

"there is only three things you need in order to survive this world, love of the opposite sex, the Good Lord, and GARTH BROOKS. and not in the order either!" - me :cool:

Lowell Miller
05-17-2001, 08:03 PM
I'm on my third chill pill today. :D

"there is only three things you need in order to survive this world, love of the opposite sex, the Good Lord, and GARTH BROOKS. and not in the order either!" - me

Unless your a gay atheist rock and roller....*LoL

Vanessa
05-17-2001, 08:44 PM
lol Lowell!! Too funny!! :)

Vanessa :)

Garthfan92
05-17-2001, 09:46 PM
I'm not gonna hold my breath just yet, but it is the 17 th of the 7th month of the year! You never know what Garth will do. Isn't that just one of the many things we love about him? Maybe he will do this totally differently and not do a big marketing push ahead of time. We'll just wait and see.

Lisa

Darrell
05-17-2001, 11:31 PM
I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet. Its almost June and no single yet. Last I heard he only had like 4 or five tracks finished. But the timing is interesting..I got the calendar down and looked. The 17th is on a Tuesday and it is the 7th month but I do know how Garth likes those November releases...

loreli
05-17-2001, 11:59 PM
ROFLMAO Lowell ;)

Lori

GarthFanCanada1
05-18-2001, 12:04 AM
"Hey would you mind doing Lori a favor? Start stalking Colby from survivor 2 for her.... she needs someone to keep her basement dungeon warm, now that Russell Crowe got out"

ROFLM*O!!!!!

Barkley

p.s. Just kidding.... has to post that, cause you're from Dallas.... hehehe...

garthfamily
05-18-2001, 12:49 AM
Ok folks I went to Sam Goody today and RESERVED my copy today was told that when they get the promo stuff in I can get some:) I called my radio station they don't know anything yet so who knows but the seemed preety poitive at the store today:)

Overseas folks let me know what I can do to help. Willing to purchase and ship. Purchase price is going to be 14.99 + tax.

Sharon

Chris Gaines
05-18-2001, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by garthfamily
Purchase price is going to be 14.99 + tax.Now I remember why I never goto Sam Goodies.

I get brand new CDs for 11.99 :)

Jason

SweetGBFan
05-18-2001, 06:40 AM
If they are allowing you to reserve a copy then they must know when it is coming in. I am very excited. I hope this is true.

Chris Gaines
05-18-2001, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by SweetGBFan
If they are allowing you to reserve a copy then they must know when it is coming in. I am very excited. I hope this is true. Not always... the stores have been known to hype things well before they know anythign at all..

remember Sam Goodie is taking in cold hard cash from people for "reserving" this album... in other words.. since they are the only one's right now offering this.. they will take in more money then any other CD Outlet.

It's all about the money.

I wonder what Sam Goodie's will do this time.. when the CD don't come out when They say it will. ;)

(This isn't the first time Sam Goodie... has jumped the barrel, to collect money for nothing but an "IOU") :)

Jason

gbkubfan
05-18-2001, 12:48 PM
:) Hey...
I have never had a problem in the past with Sam Goody. I think they are way expense though.I sometimes will reserve a copy if they sell it at a lower price because I have the Replay card and I get points.But I usually buy mine at Circuit City or Target because they sell them around $12.00. With the amount of CDs I buy the first day and week, I need them to be as cheap as possible. I have already called my friends mom who works with the record promotion stuff at her store to reserve the Garth stuff for me. I still have my unopened Chris Gaines standup that turns into Garth and unopened Double Live standup.

Garth1
05-18-2001, 04:47 PM
Is this some kind of joke ? Cause if it is :mad: :mad:

If it's not, I'll be counting down the days.
This could be a great summer.

Paul. :)

gbkubfan
05-18-2001, 05:21 PM
:) Hey Paul..
It ain't no joke, just uncomfirmed. Sam Goody is taking reservations for Garth's new CD on July 17th. Whether this is the actual day???????? But its the best sign I have seen so far. Everything has been in the future..maybe the future is now. The curious thing about it is. The CD is being released the week before NSYNC releases their new CD. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting scheduling if you ask me. Maybe Garth wants to set the record and see if the boys can top him?

cybersadie
05-18-2001, 05:34 PM
If this is true, I know what I better be getting for my birthday (5 days early, of course).

To the people oustide of the US -- as soon as the release date is scheduled with CDnow.com (or some other online music vendor), they will also start taking advance orders and the CD will arrive at your door on the actual release date. This worked for me here in the U.S. and I assume since it's the 'net and not a local store, it should work anywhere.

countyfair_85
05-18-2001, 05:38 PM
Well I'm not holding my breath...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this happens!
We haven't heard much news about the album...only that Garth had a few songs selected...
guess we don't know everything...Garth does have a way of surprizing his fans! This may be one of those moments! :D
let's hope so...
If Sam Goody knows something ... why don't you Jason??? :p
Just kidding! :D

-Diane

crazyaboutgb4ever
05-18-2001, 06:41 PM
Waiting, hoping & praying....

that this is true!!:D
Come on July!!!
~anna

Darrell
05-18-2001, 10:39 PM
Just becasue they are taking reservations doesn't mean they know when its coming out. If you've ever reserved a video game then you know! I've reserved a video game and have it come out weeks afterward. Its like Jason said, they're getting cold hard cash. All they have to do is say the label changed the release date.

Lost 'n' Garth
05-18-2001, 10:42 PM
Jumping up and down!!!

Hope it is true!!

Wouldn't want to waste all this energy jumping up and down and it ends up not being released then. :(

Cheri :)

XFER
05-19-2001, 01:29 AM
I can't wait!!!
I need a new cd of garth!!!

gbkubfan
05-19-2001, 12:57 PM
:) XFER,
I agree totally with you. I need a new CD. And if Sam Goody's selling preorders is any sign, I will take it. It's like that ship lost at sea. A beacon of light is better than darkness and preorders are my beacon of light...LOL.
But I can wait...it will be worth it. :D

Collegeguy3180
05-20-2001, 12:47 PM
Where can I find the release data of when Garth new album will be coming out? I went to Wal-mart and the music store at the mall, and I can't find any information. Can someone please help me out. Thanks! :confused: ;)

gbkubfan
05-20-2001, 01:23 PM
:) Hey College...
I spotted it at Sam Goody and someone else said they ordered theirs from Sam Goody. That's all the info we have heard so far. If anyone else can comfirm seeing it elsewhere. I am going to check Wherehouse and Tower tonight.:D

kristen166
05-20-2001, 02:04 PM
I still see more of a fall release like Garth has been doing.:)

I could be wrong though.:)

gbkubfan
05-21-2001, 12:42 PM
ITA. If Garth is superstious as he seems to be, he would tend to stay with a fall release. But maybe he trying something different, takings chances etc ala The River:)

Vanessa
05-21-2001, 04:40 PM
good point!! :)

garthfamily
05-22-2001, 02:43 AM
Guess we just have to wait and see. And Ho[pe and pray :)

Sharon

garthfamily
05-22-2001, 02:44 AM
G minus 57 days. There is something happening in Nashville that week too. Cant remember what saw a blip about in in Billboard. So maybe.........:)

Sharon

gbkubfan
05-23-2001, 12:36 PM
:) Sharon...
Does this mean g minus 56 days....:D

Chris Gaines
05-23-2001, 12:39 PM
G minus "infinity" days :p

since no word yet in capitols press area :p

Jason

gbkubfan
05-24-2001, 04:18 PM
Sam Goody is still taking pre0rders but won't comfirm a title or the actual date. They are still advertising July 17 but?????????? The preorders are $13.99. I will still wait to see what Best Buy and Circuit City have to offer. I did notice a SEVENS first edition, I will need to run over and get next week. :)

~CanGarth#1Fan~
05-25-2001, 10:17 AM
well that would be great if it does come out on july 17th.. i have written on my calendar!! yipppeeee gin :D :p :D

gbkubfan
05-26-2001, 02:14 PM
:) Hey I am marking the day on my calendar but since we haven't seen any official word except for the Sam Goody preorder, I won't be holding my breathe...LOL. It would sure make it a nice summer if we had a new CD by the man. I could enjoy sitting by the pool listening to it.:cool:

gbkubfan
05-26-2001, 07:01 PM
Hey CanGarth#1Fan,
>>yipppeeee gin<<

I have to differ with you on this....LOL..if Garth puts out a new CD I am breaking out the vodka..Absolute Citron... Gin just doesn't do it for me...<WEG>

Darrell
05-26-2001, 07:13 PM
Why gin when you can have..........

"Two Pina Coladas, I gotta have one for each hand.........

gbkubfan
05-26-2001, 07:54 PM
:D
Darrell,
Hey..I wouldn't say no to Two Pina Coladas...LOL...I have just recently aquired a taste for Absolute Vodka ( Citron and Manderin)....chill the vodka, chill the glasses and pour over crushed ice. I tried this at Club 33 at Disneyland and have been hooked. But if you are making Pina Coladas, I'll drop by for a couple...:)

mygb6713
05-26-2001, 09:28 PM
I just stopped in at Sam Goody to reserve my copy, and the July 17th date has been changed to TBA----to be announced. Sorry everybody...

gbkubfan
05-27-2001, 02:48 AM
:(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

gbkubfan
05-27-2001, 03:55 PM
Hey....
Now you have to answer this totally unbiased. I was having this discussion with my friend and it was kinda funny. My friend said that he though Garth changed his release date because he was scared that he couldn't top the record NSYNC set and that having it the week before their new album would help NSYNC sell more albums. I said Garth has a habit of making sure he puts out the best album possible. I said he wasn't afraid of competing with anybody since he had very loyal fans. So my question...

Do you honestly think Garth can sell 2 million cds in a week and break the record at this stage of his career? Try to be honest and unbiased taking in boths sides of the argument. I would be curious to see how others feel.:)

Chris Gaines
05-27-2001, 08:54 PM
I believe the record is 2.4 million by N'SYNC ;)

Jason

Chris Gaines
05-27-2001, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by mygb6713
I just stopped in at Sam Goody to reserve my copy, and the July 17th date has been changed to TBA----to be announced. Sorry everybody... I kinda figured they just wanted people's money for an album they are unsure would even be released.. LOL

Jason

littlebit
05-27-2001, 09:07 PM
Not to make anyone mad, but to me the new cd ain't about how much sales it makes.

to me it's just about his music! ;)

gbkubfan
05-27-2001, 09:13 PM
I believe the record is 2.4 million by N'SYNC

Jason

Hey..I think your right Jason...I couldn't remember, I knew NSYNC had passed 2 million. I am curious to see if he can top the mark. I wouldn't care about the record (though it would be nice) just to see how much support he has. I think he has many loyal fans and they will support him, I am just curious how many will go out the first week after he has taken some time off between original studio albums. Plus it would kinda be like sticking my toungue out at the people who said his career was over after the Chris gaines project. I just can't wait for the new cd to come out.:)

Darrell
05-27-2001, 09:25 PM
I think July 17th is definitely out of the question now. Its almost June and no new single, no promotion, etc. I'm betting on November.

Lowell Miller
05-27-2001, 10:02 PM
I think the standards are just way to high nowadays. 2.4 Million is an extremely high number. Even for NSYNC to reach again...I also think GB has a "business" mind ;)...he has thought long and hard about the NSYNC release. I don't think he would want to release his cd around it...I wouldn't. But I don't think the sales of the new NSYNC cd will affect Garths cd at all. The focus of first week sales has gotten way out of hand, with music and movies too. It's the big picture that matters...Garth has everybody beat in the big picture. :D

Vanessa
05-27-2001, 10:15 PM
It's the big picture that matters...Garth has everybody beat in the big picture. :D

I agree with you Lowell!! very well said and very very very true!! :)

SweetGBFan
05-28-2001, 08:02 AM
It is totally disappointing. Didnt Garth tell you guys at the Johnny Russell tribute that his album would be released in July? Im beginning to wonder if we will even get an album from him.

Chris Gaines
05-28-2001, 06:39 PM
no he didn't say " It would be released"

he said "If we do the album it possably will be released on about July 4th"

it was never a guarentee.

Jason

Garth2Gaines
05-28-2001, 06:46 PM
Would Garth go against *NSYNC?

Didn't Garth go against another 4-some when he released FRESH HORSES? :) And he would've beat them if their's wasn't a two cd set:)

So yes, I think he would, only if the cd was ready to be released...

[i]dwayne[i]

Chris Gaines
05-28-2001, 07:00 PM
Dwayne.. you're talkinbg the Beatles "Anthology" Album..

yep.. both Garth's and the Beatles albums was released on the same day :)

Jason

fuzzwuzz
05-29-2001, 12:19 AM
Are we talking Sevens or Double Live? And didn't the Beatle's Anthology beat it in sales and on the charts?

Chris Gaines
05-29-2001, 12:42 AM
Neither Fuzz.. that was 1995 and Fresh Horses.

Fresh Horses and the 1st Beatles Anthology album was released on the same Tuesday.

Jason

fuzzwuzz
05-29-2001, 04:21 AM
Yikes! Seems like only 'yesterday' I watched that Beatles anthology on tv! Never paid any attention to Garth then, so it didn't matter what was happening in country music to me back me then. I feel bad now! :( I hardly pay any attention now to what's going on with the Beatle's since Chris Gaines got me "head over heels"! Not even all this McCartney stuff after the loss of his wife Linda. Normally, I'd be keeping up with that. Watching everything. Buying everything. I'm happy for him though that he's finding a good outlet honoring Linda's work. I'm sure it's blessing him and many others all over the world. The best to him. By the way, didn't In the Life of Chris Gaines sell more copies than Paul's solo release that came out around the same time? That says alot!

SweetGBFan
05-29-2001, 06:40 AM
I love Garth and to me there will never be anyone like him, but how long can it take to find maybe 12 songs for an album. I know Garth is a perfectionist and he will find just the right songs, but what is the actual chance he will even do this album? I know that so many people will be disappointed if there ends up being no new album from him. Me included! Also, isnt he going to be working on a Christmas album for his upcoming movie with Whoppee?? What do you guys really think will we see a new studio album from GB or not???

Chris Gaines
05-29-2001, 11:30 AM
SweetGBFan..

Tim McGraw takes a year to find songs for his albums.
(They only listened to 4,000 songs)
how's that give ya for time-frame? :)

Now consider Garth and Alan have listened to about the same # of songs.. but said they want to listen to at least 10,000

Jason

gbkubfan
05-29-2001, 03:18 PM
Hey...
OK...How many songs can Garth add already.Didn't he say he has four chosen? I think the last song should also be American Pie..jmho

1) When You Come Back To Me
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)American Pie

Chris Gaines
05-29-2001, 05:18 PM
who's to say there will be 12 songs hehehe :D

but I don't think "When You Come Back To Me Again" will be one of the songs... but it sure would be really NICE if it was!!!

LOL
Jason

Wendi5000
05-29-2001, 05:48 PM
It seems to me that if Garth was planning a new album any time soon we'd be hearing something official by now :rolleyes:. I doubt we will see anything from him before Thanksgiving (at the earliest) :rolleyes:.

SweetGBFan
05-29-2001, 05:53 PM
Jason,
You are always so reasonable and logical! I know it takes a long time for a new album and I wouldnt want anything but perfection from our Garth. I just want to know that he is actually going to do this CD and if I have to I will wait a year for new music from him. BTW, Tims album was sure worth a wait because it is definitely the best he has done! I do expect Garth to beat it though. Tim is already at platnium status after just 4 weeks can we hope for Garth to be multi platnium after one week??? I sure hope so. I hope it goes the same route as Double Live!!!

Tabby

cybersadie
05-29-2001, 06:15 PM
Oh ye of little faith. We will get this final studio album from the man! I have no doubt about it. This isnít like ďThe LambĒ which was dependent upon the movie release, which was dependent upon interest and other things. GB promised us this album (though he didnít say when) and we will have it!!! I am disappointed that I probably wonít have this album in time for my B-day. But hasnít GB always been well worth the wait?

And as for beating NSYNC, I guess it would be nice. But Iím not sure if thatís what Garth is interested in these days. He seems to have aged and matured in his attitude. He may well be out to prove something to himself, but Iím not sure he is trying to prove anything to NSYNC or anyone else.

GRTH FAN
05-30-2001, 02:54 AM
Wow!! This is REAL GOOD news, and I hope it is that soon, but if not, I'm know I can wait for that Cd as long as it takes!!
By the way, how is all my PG friends?
Donna :)

GRTH FAN
05-30-2001, 02:57 AM
"I know I can wait I should say" *HeHeHe*
Donna ;)

gbkubfan
05-30-2001, 05:47 PM
By the way, how is all my PG friends?
Donna

Hey..I don't know if I am a friend :D but I am doing fine. Hope you are too. And I can wait patiently like everyone else but I will also evoke my privelege to whine also:D :p

Garthmedic
05-30-2001, 07:08 PM
Anybody (just for fun) want to start a pool? We can all pick dates and the closest person wins.

I don't want responsibility for the bookwork, maybe somebody would like to keep track of people and their picks?

--spud--:)

"Time's fun when you're having flies" (Kermit the frog)

Lost 'n' Garth
05-30-2001, 10:30 PM
Hey Donna

I guess I am not as patient as you. :rolleyes:

Spud
What do we win???:p Tee-Hee!!

Hi Kermit sweetie...(Miss Piggy)

Garthmedic
05-31-2001, 01:15 AM
A signed, picture of me? Naaaahhh. No one would play then.

--spud--:)

Chief
05-31-2001, 01:34 AM
A signed, picture of me?
Ut-oh... that will only flood the signup!! LOL

I'll help.. i'll be the one to manage the sign-up :)

BTW, kermit was my new other little name... Teddy (a newly made friend who came from OK, visited Chch recently, called me Kermit the first day we met) LOL :D :D

CheyenneWindRoper
05-31-2001, 11:26 AM
if it means winning a picture of Spud!!!:D

Mary Liz

NY NICK
05-31-2001, 04:26 PM
HERE'S THE SCOOP ON PRE-ORDERS
This is an email direct from Sam Goody:
Dear Nick,
I researched this situation and found the release date of Garth Brook's new
album is "To Be Determined". Which means the label has not issued a release
date yet. We are, however, reserving the album. I would contact the store if
you are interested.
Best Regards,
Kristin Ernst

SO IT IS REAL, JUST NOT SPECIFIC.

loreli
05-31-2001, 05:19 PM
I'll keep track :D

I want to WIN!!

Come on lets do it..I have a Garthy prize or two I could contribute to the winnings :D

As long as we get the signed Spudly pic ;) I'll auction that one off...hehehehe. ;)

Lori

CheyenneWindRoper
05-31-2001, 05:36 PM
:D:D:D Thanks Nick! :D:D:D BTW Nick, if you see Producer Joyce, give her a hugg from Mary Liz!

I have a couple of things too Lori that I can throw in the pot! But...... I want the spudly picture!!!

Mary Liz

SweetGBFan
05-31-2001, 06:05 PM
I like the idea of a pool. I will start it if you want. I am going to be optimistic here and I will pick August 3 because it is my birthday and it would be a great birthday persent. Does the date have to be right on or whoever gets the closest wins? I know August 3 is VERY optomistic but what the heck it would be a great birthday present!!!

Lowland_Kid
05-31-2001, 06:12 PM
*elbowing her way in* "What a picture of Spud?! LEMME IN, I WANNA WIN!!!" ;)

No way out for you now, Spud :)

Marjolijn

My entry for the pool is: October 16 (birthday of my mum and one of my best friends)

Lost 'n' Garth
05-31-2001, 09:57 PM
In hopes of winning that picture of Spud.. :p

I will pick August 7th.

Chief
05-31-2001, 11:44 PM
August 3rd - SweetGBFan
August 7th - Lost 'n' Garth (Cheri)

October 16th - Lowland_Kid (Marjolijn)

Chris Gaines
05-31-2001, 11:45 PM
we need a new thread.. just for the pool...

I'll start it.. ;)

Jason

Chief
05-31-2001, 11:53 PM
new thread for the Pool can be found here...

Pool Link (http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106662)

gbkubfan
06-01-2001, 01:40 PM
Hey...I was at the Capital Records party for Dave Navarro's new CD last night and I talked to a guy from Capital and he said he didn't work with country but he hadn't heard of a release date yet for the new Garth CD.
I hope Garth has a release party like they did for Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction and Red Hot Chili Peppers) It was cool and it was cross promoted with J&B Schotch. Free drinks, food and tons of free cd singles, posters, shirts, hats etc. I had a great time.:cool:

fuzzwuzz
06-02-2001, 08:51 PM
Wow! Sounds cool!

gbkubfan
06-03-2001, 01:34 PM
Hey Fuzz,
It was cool. I had a great time. I hope this is something Capital is doing for all its artists. Hint Hint.:) LOL I would be there in a New York minute. I would like the freebies but I hope they cross promote with Absolute:cool:

CheyenneWindRoper
06-03-2001, 01:44 PM
gbkubfan~

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful party! :D I am sooo happy you got to attend and had a great time!

I agree with you, hope they do this for & with GB too!;)

Mary Liz

Vanessa
06-03-2001, 01:53 PM
it sounds like you had a gereat time!! :D very :cool: !! Thanks for sharing! :)

gbkubfan
06-03-2001, 03:45 PM
:) gbkubfan~

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful party! I am sooo happy you got to attend and had a great time!

I agree with you, hope they do this for & with GB too!

Mary Liz

Hey Mary Liz...
Thanks, it was very cool. I think it would be great if Capital did listening parties across the country to help promote the new CD. It would sure help build up anticipation (LOL, like it needs a build up of anticipation).

gbkubfan
06-03-2001, 03:46 PM
:) Vanessa,
Thanks. I like to share. LOL

TroylzGal
06-04-2001, 06:28 PM
October 30th the day before my birthday:p

CheyenneWindRoper
06-04-2001, 06:40 PM
Troylzgal ~ go to the Pool thread and place your vote for release date. It is apt to get overlooked here. :)

Click here:

http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106662

Mary Liz

gbkubfan
06-07-2001, 11:38 AM
Hey...Just a thought. If Garth is doing this show, does that mean he may be close to a release date?????????? Good publicity for the CD. Just a thought...:)

gbkubfan
06-30-2001, 03:37 PM
Hey...
FYI. In Mondays or Tuesday's USA Today,(I can't remember which I was on vacation in Vegas at time) they had an article about CD sales being down. They mentioned at the end of the article that it was rumored that Garth would have a CD coming out during the summer and if anyone could help sell CDs that it would be Garth. We know that it won't be the summer but we can agree on the selling of CDs part...LOL... just wanted to share.:D

gbkubfan
07-09-2001, 04:24 PM
I saw this posted on the AOL Board...

The interview is worth the wait..
It takes an insane amount of time for each segiment to load.. but worth every second of it.
He had some very cute comments.. and I just love that chuckle.. It was fun.. and very cute.. so Garth..
The best part.. When You Come Back to Me.. will be on the new CD.
It finally will load and the quality of the conversation is awesome..
Good luck..

So Jason..you can be happy that he is including it on the new CD. Earlier in this thread you thought it wouldn't make the cut...

:) :) :) :)

AgainstTheGrain
07-09-2001, 05:06 PM
you mean jason the moderator was wrong ?????????? holy cow.. someone call up cnn and let them know such a momentual event happened... now maybe they can find a cure for cancer

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Pilgrim
07-09-2001, 07:02 PM
*LMAO* Russ:D:D:D:D

Are you sure it isn't garth himself who is wrong??

:p:p:p:p:p

Brian

gbkubfan
07-09-2001, 07:14 PM

LMAO also.....I only posted that to tease Jason... I love the song and I hope it does make the final cut...you never know...we still have to wait for the final CD...Jason could still have the final laugh :) :) :)

Collegeguy3180
07-12-2001, 09:51 AM
It's only 5 more days until July 17, 2001! I'm still not hearing anything about a single or an album from Garth. :confused: But, that's okay, since we all know that we will have a nice one really soon! :D So, all we can do is wait 5 more days and see what will happen, if it doesn't have a release date for the album, then we know the single should be out anytime soon! :p Hopes this makes everybody feel better! ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) = 7 Smilies!!!

Collegeguy3180
07-17-2001, 02:53 PM
And I just came back from Sam Goody's and Target,and they didn't have anything about Garth's new album. :( It's suppose to come out today, but I guess it won't be. I feel very sad today, because I was really hopin for a "big" surprise! :D But, I guess it won't happen today! :( Could somone cheer me up? It would help a lot! :)

Chris Gaines
07-17-2001, 03:20 PM
Hey..

We posted many times it was a false alarm :D

It'll be about November I bet ;)

You'll hear the new song from it on Radio.. then wait about a mponth for the album :)

Jason

AllaboutTGB
07-18-2001, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by gbkubfan
I saw this posted on the AOL Board...

The interview is worth the wait..
It takes an insane amount of time for each segiment to load.. but worth every second of it.
He had some very cute comments.. and I just love that chuckle.. It was fun.. and very cute.. so Garth..
The best part.. When You Come Back to Me.. will be on the new CD.
It finally will load and the quality of the conversation is awesome..
Good luck..

Hi gbkubfan :)

Did I miss something your are talking about an interview on AOL
was there any url given, where the interview can be viewed ???:confused:

I'm catching at every straw to hear or even see:eek: Garth

;) love2u
oya

gbkubfan
07-26-2001, 03:54 PM
:) Hey..I was just reading that NSYNC will hit 2 million in sales of copies of their new album and I was curious to how many people feel Garth would have been close to this number or more??? The article at Billboard said that other artists have been benifitting from people buying the new NSYNC album. Do you think country artists will or would benifit from Garth releasing a new CD or will waiting till the fall hurt it because of Xmas sales being spread around? I am just curious?

madam divine1
07-26-2001, 04:05 PM
in my humble opinion, i think in Garth's case it would work to his benefit 'cause as he's been know to say "we sell 'dem albums at Christmas"!! :D, :D (LOL)

i mean just like when he held out releasing "Sevens" because of the record label dispute. when it was finally release it was just before Christmas and we all know what the outcome of the sales for that was :D. :D

so......

Tina

gbkubfan
07-26-2001, 05:20 PM
Hey AllaboutTGB,
I missed your post. I can't remember exactly what it was on AOL..its been awhile since I was over there. I don't have AOL so I just go once in a blue moon...Maybe one of the AOL posters can remember where the link was. I will try and check out the info again when I visit AOL in the future..sorry I took so long to respond and don't have any info for you:( DR

AllaboutTGB
07-27-2001, 05:48 AM
Hey gbkubfan

don't worry be happy lol;)

Didn't want to make you sad:(

don't even think about it anymore

:) :) :)

love2u
oya:cool:

gbkubfan
08-05-2001, 11:54 PM
Hey Tina...
I agree he does sell a lot of CDs at Xmas...I have bought many then...LOL...but I was thinking a less crowded time would open him up to more than the diehards who buy his stuff anyways. I mean if someone went into the store at Xmas and had they were more pop orientated, and they had to choose between a Mariah Carey CD or a Garth....they might lean towards the Mariah since they here her stuff on the radio versus, someone going into the store and they see Garth was #1 and there was nothing new on the shelf. They might say hey, I heard this Garth guy is good. Maybe I should give this CD a listen to. I also think that he can sell a million any day of the year. But a week when he had no competition would be kinda interesting. I know the past few releases have come during "Super Tuesdays". JMHO But I do agree with you that xams sales are good...September ones are better since its closer to my birthday.;) ;)

>>>in my humble opinion, i think in Garth's case it would work to his benefit 'cause as he's been know to say "we sell 'dem albums at Christmas"!! , (LOL)

i mean just like when he held out releasing "Sevens" because of the record label dispute. when it was finally release it was just before Christmas and we all know what the outcome of the sales for that was .

so......

Tina<<<<<<

gbkubfan
08-13-2001, 08:07 PM
Hey...

I was shopping at Sam Goody this weekend picking up another copy of Chris Cagles cd and checked out the Garth scetion. They still had the sign up that said new CD was coming out on July 17th. I told the clerk..Hey the 17th has come and gone and no new Garth Cd. She said she didn't know anything. Oh well...JWTS

gbkubfan
08-24-2001, 02:53 PM
Hey...

I know , I know we already have a guess the date thread. But I am not guessing. I am making a prediction ...LOL... I was predicting that Garth was releasing his new CD on Nov.6 because Michael Jackson picked Oct.30 for his release date. If Michael wanted to challenge the King of Country for the King of solo artists, I think he would try to go head to head... I was going to predict the Oct 24 date but Garth likes November releases. Michael wants to be the King of solo artists and needs to catch the Garthman..so I think the first salvo in the compeition is being shot them. JMHO

gbkubfan
08-29-2001, 08:10 PM
Hey...

Further eveidence to back up my Nov.6 date..The Back Street Boys are taking Oct.23 to release their new CD. :)

gbkubfan
10-09-2001, 01:25 PM
Hey...

The date is Nov.13 as we all know. I am just curious, did Garth pick this date even though its the 13th because he didn't want to compete with George Strait on the 6th or is he wanting George to have a week of glory to himself before he knocks him off on the 13th? I think Garth would have kept George from #1 but even that isn't a gimme for George the way his past few CDs have been selling. Anyone agree?

gbkubfan
10-12-2001, 06:34 PM
Hey...I just have to tease Jason about a post he made earlier in the thread.

>>Chris Gaines

05-29-2001 03:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who's to say there will be 12 songs hehehe

but I don't think "When You Come Back To Me Again" will be one of the songs... but it sure would be really NICE if it was!!!

LOL
Jason

:-) :-)

Pilgrim
10-12-2001, 08:22 PM
The ALWAYS correct Jason:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brian

gbkubfan
10-14-2001, 02:02 PM
>>The ALWAYS correct Jason

Brian <<

LOL...but ya gotta love him...:-)

Scarecrow
10-17-2001, 04:21 AM
Far From July 17th

gbkubfan
10-17-2001, 11:45 AM
Hey Scarecrow...

It was off a few days (LOL) but it sure did get the energy flowing about the new CD. :-)

gbkubfan
10-26-2001, 01:05 PM
Hey...before this thread disappears...Jacob wrote:

What is different about the australian version of The Magic of Xmas?

Jakob

Now earlier this year before I moved to a new job, I was corresponding with an Australian Nutt who sent me a couple of record store web sites. I saw a cover and advertisement under Garth for the Magic of Xmas CD but it had a different title like Color of Xmas...I was wondering if I was just going batty?????Or did they change because another CD had that title. Does anyone else remember seeing something like this? Just curious....

jstensig
11-04-2001, 10:50 AM
I read it;)

Jakob

gbkubfan
11-09-2001, 12:38 PM
Jakob,
Thanks for reading. I like to throw interesting tidbits around to see if anyone is reading. I forgot to add to my last post here that "It Don't Matter To The Sun"/ "Lost In You" was still on the country singles Sales chart. It was around #17. I think that is amazing that a single about 2 years old is still on the sales chart. Who and where are people still buying the single. And why was it considered a flop...LOL...just amazing.

Fred Smith
11-10-2001, 05:37 PM
My what an interesting bunch of posts on so many different subjects. That is amazing about the Chris Gaines songs. I like the whole CD.

gbkubfan
11-10-2001, 05:54 PM
Hey...
I thought the stuff I have snuck in here was interesting...LOL...I am going to post the information I get from Leno and the concert here also. I hopefully will be able to chat with Garth again like I did last year at Hollywood Squares. So check back next week when I get done with both visits.:-)

Fred Smith
11-10-2001, 06:28 PM
WOW This is cool. They e-mail you when somebody writes you. I will have to post a lot to get a lot of mail. That is cool you are getting to go see Garth. I saw him in concert when he was here a few years back. He is a great performer. It would be nice to go to the concert but I can't get off work.

Fred Smith
11-10-2001, 06:38 PM
I wanted to say I am glad I found this group. From the various posts I have been reading, people seem very up-to-date on whats going on with Garth and they all seem very friendly.

gbkubfan
11-10-2001, 08:19 PM
Hey...Its almost 48 hrs till the Leno taping...5:001 on Monday....

fuzzwuzz
11-11-2001, 12:54 AM
Hi Fred! Welcome to the G planet! (Garth/Gaines, which ever you prefer)

Fred Smith
11-11-2001, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I am enjoying myself. Not as much as the fans who will be in LA but pretty close.

fuzzwuzz
11-11-2001, 01:48 PM
It's ok Fred. Just sit back and enjoy the ride like me. We are not alone.

gbkubfan
11-13-2001, 11:57 AM
Hey...
It was great meeting all the PGer's at LENO. I didn't get to meet Dani though. Twister arrived from Minnesota and seemed to have a great time. I met Littlebit, and a bunch of AOL Garthnutts. Everyone seemed to have a great time except it was pouring and Garth didn't come out after the show. We got to see him play the song three times which was cool. Can't wait for the concert. Any PGer's want to stop and say hi I am in Loge 15 row T seats 11-6.

fuzzwuzz
11-13-2001, 01:55 PM
Three times? Why?

gbkubfan
11-13-2001, 09:45 PM
Hey...
When he first started the song he had a raspy sound and stopped right away...then he made it through song and then they did it again at the end of show. They never said why. I just enjoyed the fact that we got to hear it so many times. I had waited until Leno to hear song. I made sure it was my first time and I really enjoyed hearing it there for the first time. Sorry I can't tell you why? They never told us. I can only assume it was the sound somehow. I can't wait to hear it again tomorrow night. :-)

twister
11-14-2001, 03:46 PM
still trying to keep this thread alive. geez.

hi from MN

twister

gbkubfan
11-14-2001, 04:03 PM
Hey Twister...

LOL...I hope you had a great time in Cali...hope you enjoyed Leno...the couch.... and the 1st edition....Krispy Kreme and In And Out Burger....next time...Capitol Records and the Star on Hollywood BLVD....

gbkubfan
11-19-2001, 11:11 AM
Hey Twister...

E-mail me when you get a chance. I have a story about Garth at Leno for you. It is pretty cool. Some of our group met Garth while we were in line waiting for the show.

fuzzwuzz
11-19-2001, 11:06 PM
Why not share it here with all of us?

gbkubfan
11-29-2001, 12:25 PM
Hey...

We all know what is #1 on the Billboard Country Chart...but who is at #16?????????

Top Country AlbumsTM
Top 20 Positions /Issue Date:December 8, 2001This
Week Last
week Weeks
on chart "Title," Artist
Imprint | Catalog No. | Distributing Label

Peak
Position
1 1 2 Scarecrow, Garth Brooks
| 31330 | Capitol 1
2 2 51 O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Soundtrack 3
Mercury | 170069 | Mercury 1
3 4 13
Pull My Chain, Toby Keith
Interscope | 450297 | DreamWorks 1
4 3 3 The Road Less Traveled, George Strait
| 170220 | MCA Nashville 1
5 5 10 Greatest Hits, Martina McBride
RLG | 67012 | RCA 1
6 6 5 Greatest Hits Volume III -- I'm A Survivor, Reba McEntire
| 170202 | MCA Nashville 1
7 7 31 Set This Circus Down, Tim McGraw
Curb | 78711 | Curb 1
8 - 1
Greatest Hits II, Clint Black
RLG | 67005 | RCA 8
9 8 69 Coyote Ugly, Soundtrack 2
Curb | 78703 | Curb 1
10 10 22 I'm Already There, Lonestar
RLG | 67011 | BNA 1
11 11 61 Greatest Hits, Kenny Chesney 2
RLG | 67976 | BNA 1
12 15 53 Greatest Hits, Tim McGraw 2
Curb | 77978 | Curb 1
13 12 32 Steers & Stripes, Brooks & Dunn
RLG | 67003 | Arista Nashville 1
14 9 6 What A Wonderful Christmas, Anne Murray
| 20335 | StraightWay 9
15 13 55 When Somebody Loves You, Alan Jackson
RLG | 69335 | Arista Nashville 1
16 23 3 The Magic Of Christmas -- Songs From Call Me Claus, Garth Brooks
| 35624 | Capitol 16
17 17 117 Fly, Dixie Chicks 9
Sony | 69678 | Monument 1
18 14 59 Born To Fly, Sara Evans
RLG | 67964 | RCA 6
19 16 8 Amigo, David Ball
Razor & Tie | 01109 | Dualtone 11
20 18 79 I Hope You Dance, Lee Ann Womack 2
MCA Nashville | 170099 | MCA Nashville 1

gbkubfan
12-21-2001, 04:21 PM
Hey..over on the Billboard site they had an article about the RIAA top selling albums for the year and this was at the end of the article:

>>Garth Brooks' "Scarecrow" (Capitol Nashville) was the RIAA's best-selling country album of the year, with a triple-platinum certification. By adding in the accounting for all of Brooks albums, including another 1 million in 2001 for his now 14-times platinum concert set "Double Live," he extends his total cumulative sales to 104 million copies, and he remains the highest certified solo artist in history.<<

Just thought I'd share. Now if he would get the first six CDs recertified and Magic of Xmas...he may return to #2 all-time moving past Led Zep.FYI

twister
12-21-2001, 05:50 PM
i though he was at #2. Where did Led Zeplin come from?

gbkubfan
12-22-2001, 12:36 AM
Hey..

Led Zep passed Garth and have 105 million in sales...The Beatles are still #1 with 163.5 million. Garth should be at #3 with 104 depending on when they decide to recertify the first six CDs (anniversary editions) and the Magic of Xmas...

gbkubfan
01-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Hey...

FYI
>>Both Britney Spears and Garth Brooks fell out of the top 10 for the first time since their discs were released in November. Spears fell from No. 4 to No. 12 with 180,000 copies sold of "Britney"; Brooks fell from No. 3 to No. 14, with 155,000 copies sold of "Scarecrow."

"It's interesting that the ones that seemed to drop the biggest the week after Christmas were the Garth record and the Britney record," said Light. "I don't know what lesson you get from that, other than they are the brand names that people turn to for Christmas presents."<<

gbkubfan
01-10-2002, 12:14 PM
Hey...

O Brother was able to use its Grammy nods to pass Garth. Oh well, maybe it can rebound next week before Alan's CD.

gbkubfan
01-10-2002, 12:30 PM
Hey..this was on Billboard:

>>U2's eight.

That group's "All That You Can't Leave Behind" (Interscope) jumps 74-58, while the Mercury soundtrack to "O Brother, Where Art Thou?," which was recognized in four categories, rises 24-18. The latter also manages to knock Garth Brooks' "Scarecrow" (Capitol) out of the No. 1 slot on Billboard's Top Country Albums tally, where Brooks had reigned for seven weeks in a row. Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)" commands Billboard's Hot Country Singles & Tracks count for a fourth straight week; his new Arista album, "Drive," is due Tuesday (Jan. 15).<<

FYI

gbkubfan
01-14-2002, 12:42 PM
Hey...

Nice quotes from Garth....

FYI

Garth, Faith, 'N Sync Are People's Choice

Country and teen pop reigned supreme at the 28th annual People's Choice Awards, held last night (Jan. 13) at the Pasadena (Calif.) Civic Auditorium. Garth Brooks beat out Tim McGraw and George Strait to win the favorite male musical performer award, marking the 12th time he has walked away with the honor.

"We've been fortunate enough to be here before, it never grows old," Brooks said in accepting the award. "This is a special time for us... we've announced our retirement from music, so this is gonna be the last time we get to stay here." Taking a moment to acknowledge the fans in the audience, he added, "They say this comes from you guys, if it's true, I love you to death!"

The favorite female musical performer award went to Faith Hill, while 'N Sync came out on top of the favorite musical group or band trophy.

One of country music's queens was also a winner, although not in a musical category. Reba McEntire took home the award for favorite female performer in a new television series, for her work on the WB sitcom "Reba." McEntire performed the show's theme song prior to accepting the honor, her ninth from the People's Choice Awards..

Modern rock act Smash Mouth was also on hand to perform its cover of "I'm a Believer," which was featured in the favorite motion picture winner, "Shrek."

Actor Tom Hanks was the night's big winner, taking home two awards: favorite motion picture star and favorite motion picture star in a drama.

Nominees and winners of the People's Choice Awards are determined by a nationwide poll conducted by the Gallup Organization. No suggestions of entries or nominees are given for the 18 categories covering film, television, and music.

Here is the complete list of winners:

Favorite motion picture: "Shrek"
Favorite motion picture star in a comedy: Eddie Murphy
Favorite motion picture star in a drama: Tom Hanks
Favorite motion picture star: Tom Hanks
Favorite motion picture actress: Julia Roberts
Favorite male television performer: (tie): Kelsey Grammer, "Frasier"; Ray Romano, "Everybody Loves Raymond"
Favorite female television performer: Jennifer Aniston, "Friends"
Favorite male performer in a new television series: Damon Wayans, "My Wife and Kids"
Favorite female performer in a new television series: Reba McEntire, "Reba"
Favorite television comedy series: "Friends"
Favorite television dramatic series: "ER"
Favorite new television comedy series: "My Wife and Kids"
Favorite new television dramatic series: "Alias"
Favorite reality-based television program: "Survivor: The Australian Outback"
Favorite daytime dramatic series: "Days of Our Lives"
Favorite male musical performer: Garth Brooks
Favorite female musical performer: Faith Hill
Favorite musical group or band: 'N Sync

fuzzwuzz
01-14-2002, 11:13 PM
I missed the awards! Between work and my grandaughter's birthday party getting postponed and then reschedualed to this day, I totally forgot! Not only did I miss Garth and his girls, I missed Smash Mouth singing one of the Monkees best ever songs, penned by none other than Neil Diamond. Oh well! Life goes on!

gbkubfan
01-15-2002, 12:50 AM
Hey fuzzwuzz,

I totally agree about how great I'm A Believer is. I will predate myself and say, I still can conjure up the image of the Monkees singing this song on their TV show. It doesn't seem like it was over 30 years ago I was watching them cavort across our small balck and white TV. But the whole People's Choice Awards were pretty good even if they seemed quite...boring but in a good way. Neil Diamond is also cool. But am I wrong in remembering that he also wrote Partridge Family songs? I may be old but at least I have the memories.:-)

gbkubfan
02-26-2002, 07:45 PM
Hey...

I purchased a copy of the dated Feb.23 issue of BILLBOARD. I checked the Country Singles Sales Chart and guess what was still on the chart. Lost In You was in its 90th week of being on the chart. This is non-consecutive, its sales chart only and its singles. My questions are:
How can this single still be selling after almost 2 years, where are people buying the single, and how many copies are being bought to keep this single on the chart?
I mean, I visit record stores alot and I only see a rare copy at Best Buy. I mean I bought out one Virgin Megastore of all its cassette singles one week (24 copies) but rarely do I see these available anywhere?
This brings me to another question. I remember reading in Billboard a long while back that LIY had sold over nine hundred thousand copies. If that was so back then, shouldn't it be over a million? If so, then does that mean Garth will get it certified soon? I am just curious if someone has read anything about this.

Thanks DR

gbkubfan
03-23-2002, 07:32 PM
Hey...

Thought I'd add some life to the Scarecrow page since all the Squeeze Me in stuff is on the other forum. Here is a small tidbit bit I found:

'BROTHER' GOES LONG: "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" (Lost Highway/Mercury) keeps its grip on pole position on The Billboard 200 for the second week. On Billboard's Top Country Albums chart, the soundtrack to the Coen Brothers' movie is No. 1 for the 29th non-consecutive week. That's more than three times longer than the reign of the "Hope Floats" soundtrack, the second-longest running No. 1 soundtrack in the history of the country albums chart.

Here's a summary of all of the soundtracks to top the country list:

"O Brother, Where Art Thou?" (29 weeks to date)
"Hope Floats" (nine weeks)
"Urban Cowboy" (eight weeks)
"Coyote Ugly" (seven weeks)
"Honeysuckle Rose" (six weeks)
"Pure Country" (one week)

FYI

fuzzwuzz
03-23-2002, 09:24 PM
Hmmm...my Wal-mart doesn't even carry Chris Gaines Greatest Hits anymore, let alone the Lost in You single. However, Wal-Mart satellite radio continues to play the song on a daily basis, and more than any other song of Garth's, as far as I can tell. But I have also noticed they are adding more country music to the daily playlist(Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, Jo Dee Messina, and many many more, as well as inspirational music such as Fernando Ortega. Cool!! I don't listen to radio at all anymore, except on long trips in the car, so I'm glad to see Wal-Mart radio rules, and that my store finally cranked it back up over the new tv monitors. We had neither in the garden center when Sept. 11th hit. So now I'm happy we got the music again. Chris rules in Wal-Mart!! :)

gbkubfan
04-09-2002, 08:35 PM
Hey Fuzzwuzz...

I have noticed that the Chris Gaines CD is slowly disappearing from the shelfs. I wonder if they ever plan to reorder/restock or has the negative publicity has it doomed to disappear forever? I think that would be a shame since it is a really fine CD. I noticed that the Tower near my house had two copies but other stores didn't have it. Has anyone else noticed this? Just curious.....

Chris Gaines
04-09-2002, 08:43 PM
DR,

I know our "Meijer" stoer here in Columbus (kinda like a Super Wal-mart) when "Scarecrow" came out.. they was offering "Lost In You" for FREE with the purchase of "Scarecrow" ...

I wonder if that counts as a sale.. or not.. considering it was free? lol

Jason

twister
04-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Hay DR...

I was just thinking about this form today. I know you wouldn't want it to die out. =). I was also thinking maybe i should come out and visit you this summer. What do you think? Maybe for a week this time instead of 24 hours. We could go to Six Flags and ride X or swim in the ocean or be on TV with Grace (will and grace). Ohhhhhh

Just thinking out loud...
Twister

gbkubfan
04-11-2002, 01:46 AM
Hey Chris....(Jason)

I am not sure how they count it. I noticed it was still in Billboard the other day. Amazing a song that was critized is still on the sales chart. Who is buying? Who is selling? I just dont understand the record business...LOL

gbkubfan
04-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Hey twister...
Give me enough notice. But I don't think they are taping. Let me know in advance and I will see if I can get tickets for any tapings. We can hit the good beaches this time. Just let me know. You are welcome in So Cal.

BellaBoomer2384
04-20-2002, 11:52 AM
I will be waiting.
WHOOOOO! WHOOOOOOOOOOO

Paula
05-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi,

I split this thread, since the discussion had gone on to become totally about Chris Gaines, and put the posts in a new thread in the Chris Gaines Forum. You can find the thread at GAINES COULD BE THE PRINCE (http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114259).

Paula

gbkubfan
05-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Hey Thanks Paula....:-)

gbkubfan
05-16-2002, 11:30 PM
Hey...Remember the excitement we felt last year when word started getting around that Garth was releasing a new CD...which eventually became Scarecrow. The Sam Goody sign said July 17th. Then we found out it had been delayed. Way delayed it turned out. Till November. But it was fun to get the wishing and hoping for Scarecrow. I just want to say happy anniversary to the memories that started with this post a year ago. The CD Scarecrow is awesome. Not my all-time favorite like Fresh Horses and Garth Brooks...but still a darn good CD.

gbkubfan
05-16-2002, 11:36 PM
Hey...
In the latest Billboard Country Album rankings Garth moved up a notch to #19. The CD is still holding on six months since its release.

gbkubfan
05-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Hey...

I mentioned Scarecrow's latest chart position but failed to mention that in the last issue of Billboard on the newsstand that I saw, LIY single was still ranked on the country single sales chart and it had celebrated its 100th week on the chart. Pretty cool.

CheyenneWindRoper
05-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Hey...
In the latest Billboard Country Album rankings Garth moved up a notch to #19. The CD is still holding on six months since its release.

:DEXCELLENT!:D

Huggs,
Mary Liz

gbkubfan
05-21-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey...

I hope when the new charts are posted Thursday, that Scarecrow continues to climb. A new single would sure help. But I get the feeling Garth wants the duet to run its course first.

fuzzwuzz
05-22-2002, 02:07 AM
Remember those teaser clues Garth fed us as we tried to guess the title?

gbkubfan
05-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey... remember waiting for the CD at midnight. A fellow pger flew in from Minnesota to see Garth at Leno and then we headed out to the record store at midnight to get a copy of the CD. They didn't even have Garth's out, they had to go to the back. But it was worth staying up for. :-)

Skydancer
05-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Yes. Anything Garth is worth waiting for. =)

gbkubfan
05-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey Skydancer...

The wait is worth it...but how long can we wait for a new Trisha duet album, or the George Strait covers album or even a new Chris Gaines album???? Scarecrow will keep us happy for awhile..but I admit I am greedy. I want more. Like the Scarecrow needed a heart, I need a new album. :-)

fuzzwuzz
05-29-2002, 10:54 PM
Skydancer, Scarecrow already has a heart. He only needed to be reminded out of the mouth of babes how to think with it! :)

gbkubfan
05-31-2002, 12:16 AM
Hey...

Don't get me wrong. I admit I like Eminem. I think he's talented but has a real potty mouth. That said, It's hard to believe that he will sell more CDs than Garth in a week. I mean musically, I think Garth's Scarecrow has more to offer than any of m&m's cds. I just don't understand why Garth hasn't sold more copies of Scarecrow. JMHO

fuzzwuzz
05-31-2002, 11:58 PM
I don't know. Maybe we forget that there is music still left with some "heart" in it?

gbkubfan
06-14-2002, 12:22 AM
Hey Fuzzwuzz...
I agree with you on that. Garth's music does have heart and its hard to understand why people haven't stayed with it. But as i thought about your comment, I listened to Garth Brooks, the first CD. I have to say, that CD has heart and soul and....I never understood why that Cd wasn't up their in sales with Ropin and No Fences. Oh well..at least we have his music to ourselves. :-)

fuzzwuzz
06-14-2002, 02:11 AM
Yeah maybe, but it does have The Dance that all the music is leading the steps too! :)

diem nash
06-14-2002, 02:24 PM
But as i thought about your comment, I listened to Garth Brooks, the first CD. I have to say, that CD has heart and soul and....I never understood why that Cd wasn't up their in sales with Ropin and No Fences

Well, I think the people werenīt ready for it than.

:D

Maddy

fuzzwuzz
06-14-2002, 09:39 PM
You are probably right! I didn't even know about it. Don't think I would have cared then even if I did. Thank God for Chris Gaines to my rescue! Life without Garth? Where the heck was I? At least I got a second chance to "redeem" myself!

gbkubfan
07-10-2002, 11:35 AM
>>>>You are probably right! I didn't even know about it. Don't think I would have cared then even if I did. Thank God for Chris Gaines to my rescue! Life without Garth? Where the heck was I? At least I got a second chance to "redeem" myself!<<<<<

I think a lot of people will redeem themselves as Garth's "retirement" continues. People will start to search for music they hadn't heard. This will be a good thing. Maybe the masses will then discover Fresh Horses and The Chase. JMHO

fuzzwuzz
07-12-2002, 04:09 AM
I myself am getting lots more out of the music I've always loved. And I "blame" Chris Gaines for broadening my horizons back to when the Old Stuff Was New.

"If, as we're walking,
a hand should slip free,
I'll wait for you.
Should I Fall Behind,
wait for me
So make our steps clear,
so the others may see"
~Bruce Springsteen~

gbkubfan
07-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Wow...It is hard to believe that a little over a year ago we passed the July 17 with no CD. I was thinking about Scarecrow and am wondering how many copies it has sold. I am also wondering when Garth will decide to get his latest sales certified by the RIAA. I know he has figures to see where he is at as far as sales. Soundscan has that information every week. Is he waiting for a special occansion to cerify Scarecrow and the anniversary editions? I wonder how many million that will add to his sales when it finally happens. I am also curious to see how many copies of Scarecrow have been sold. Just some musings on a Friday Morning about Garth, his CD sales and how Scarecrow is doing. Have a great weekend.

ThunderRolls
07-26-2002, 06:52 AM
I hope its a duet album with garth and trisha, can you imagine what that will be like? with squeeze me in, powerful thing, in anothers eyes and more, WOW!!

GarthnTrisha
08-02-2002, 02:04 AM
Wait...I JUST read this thread today. I'm SOOO CONFUSED. There was said to be a CD going to be released on 7-17-02? It was delayed? Someone help me out here. Explain this to be in slow, big, and simple terms....I'm slow right now!!!!
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

gbkubfan
08-02-2002, 10:59 AM
>>>Wait...I JUST read this thread today. I'm SOOO CONFUSED. There was said to be a CD going to be released on 7-17-02? It was delayed? Someone help me out here. Explain this to be in slow, big, and simple terms....I'm slow right now!!!!
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE<<<<<

No this thread is one from last year that is still around. The CD was Scarecrow and it was rumored last year it would come out on July 17. Sam Goody had been advertising a July 17 date last year. We could only hope for a new CD. Maybe HITS volume 2, a duet CD, a George Strait covers CD, a Chris Gaines CD.....the list goes on and on. Heck I'd be happy with a new cover of Double Live. :-)

gbkubfan
08-23-2002, 12:31 PM
Hey...

I was visiting Las Vegas this week and as usual, went to the stores looking for Garth stuff. Didn't find anything new but saw some 1st edition Scarecrows out there still. Amazing huh. But I did see one scary thing. I saw an autographed CD of The Chase for sale. Can you imagine what the price was for the CD. They had it mounted in a frame. Only $395.00 dollars. Unbelievable.

gbkubfan
09-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey... I posted this on other forum but since it was Scarecrow related I thought I'd throw it here also. Thicker Than Blood is #20 on Billboards chart. FYI

Paula
09-20-2002, 09:26 AM
I moved the last three posts to a new thread (Jump the Shark) and moved it to the Chris Gaines Forum. Since this thread (NEW GARTH CD JULY 17th) has long since served its purpose as originally created, I am closing it. If anyone wants to continue discussing Scarecrow, please feel free to start another thread.:)

Paula