PDA

View Full Version : Smiles for May!

CheyenneWindRoper
05-06-2002, 11:48 AM
PEOPLE Daily News

Bright Smiles Benefit Garth's Charity

LOUISE A. BARILE

Who says dentists aren't good samaritans? In the month of May, the cost of every whitening procedure (the popular process which creates pearly bright tooth enamel) performed by the Crown Council group of dentists nationwide will be donated to Garth Brooks's Teammates for Kids Foundation, reports The Associated Press. In addition to the network of dentists, the country star, 40, has recruited 400 professional athletes to help fund his organization. Batters and hockey players who sign up pledge to give a monetary donation to Brooks's fund with each hit or goal they make during the season. Ordinary people can also make a donation by using a special credit card linked to Brooks' charity. "Fans (who) are giving money to us know that 100 percent of the donations that you give are going to children and to benefit children and children's charities," Scott Zebedis of Teammates for Kids told the AP. Brooks's charity provides funding to organizations benefiting the health, education and welfare of inner-city children. Brooks' recorded message with more information on the program can be heard at 877-4-SMILES. The Oklahoma native has sold more albums in the United States than any other individual artist. His most recent album was 2001's "Scarecrow," which the singer called "the happiest record I've ever made" in a press release for the album. However, after spending most of the 1990s on tour, Brooks placed his personal life over show business and declined to mount a full-scale concert tour this year, opting to spend more time being a dad to daughters Taylor Mayne Pearl, August Anna and Allie Colleen, born in 1992, 1994 and 1996, respectively.

PJ
05-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Thanks for sharing Mary Liz! It's nice to see Garth and TK getting some positive press!

CheyenneWindRoper
05-06-2002, 12:25 PM
:D:D Thanks Penny!!!! :D:D

:)
Mary Liz

GBShameless
05-06-2002, 12:59 PM
Very :cool:, Thanks MaryLiz

Robin :) :)

CheyenneWindRoper
05-06-2002, 01:09 PM
You're most Welcome Robin!

:D:D:):D:D (<---Smiles for Life!)

Huggs,
Mary Liz

Jen19
05-06-2002, 04:47 PM
I have a ? has anyone got another newsletter this year I think the last one I got from them was in Sep of last year ???

JEN

CheyenneWindRoper
05-06-2002, 04:59 PM
I have Jen. The one that is currently posted at their site...I think it was the end of January or the first part of February. (Right after the Top Shelf PC in LA.)

I'll check with Darla the next time I talk to them to see if your name is on the newsletter list.

Huggs,
Mary Liz

countyfair_85
05-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the news Mary Liz!

I wonder how many PGer's are going to get their teeth whitened this month to help benefit Team mates 4 kids!???? :D

What a great program!
Garth and Bo certainly came up with some mighty fine ideas when they started this charity *TFK* together...
I love the idea that 100% is for the kids! Not 50% after costs!

~countyfair_85

Garth_FANtasizer
05-06-2002, 10:39 PM
I love the idea that 100% is for the kids! Not 50% after costs!

~countyfair_85

Diane - That just holds true to the saying "Garth always gives 100% in everything he does!" :)

Thanks for the article, Mary Liz.

~Ann~

majmom
05-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info, ML!

I have to admit - I called the phone number just to hear Garth's voice *sigh*

Would it be a bad thing to put it on "speed-dial"? lol

Kerry

CheyenneWindRoper
05-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by majmom
Would it be a bad thing to put it on "speed-dial"? lol
Kerry

I LIKE the way you think, Kerry!!! :);):)

Huggs,
Mary Liz

diem nash
05-07-2002, 05:14 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the up-date!

Huggs!

Maddy